Which significator and dignities

Serendipity

I have an old friend that I lost contact with about 10 years ago. I was thinking of contacting her. So I asked if she would respond as the horary question.
Since this is someone I used to be friends with wouldnt that be the 11th house?
That's how I was interpreting the chart. But that leads me to my next question.
I was Venus in detriment (my whole life is in detriment right now so that sounds about right lol) and she was Mercury in Aries. It's a mutual applying aspect since Venus is retrograde. But here's the thing, what does it mean if she is in the sign of my detriment? It's not going to be a good thing for me to contact her?

Serendipity

Thanks. I knew the answer was yes. I wanted to confirm the significator was correct and what her being in the sign of my detriment meant.

Bunraku

Dignity indicates their character...
but think about it. They’re willing to meet you halfway despite your differences. It wont be the happiest of unions, but they’re trying!

No chart though, so we can’t comment on it.

Last edited:

rafaella

I have an old friend that I lost contact with about 10 years ago. I was thinking of contacting her. So I asked if she would respond as the horary question.
Since this is someone I used to be friends with wouldnt that be the 11th house?
That's how I was interpreting the chart. But that leads me to my next question.
I was Venus in detriment (my whole life is in detriment right now so that sounds about right lol) and she was Mercury in Aries. It's a mutual applying aspect since Venus is retrograde. But here's the thing, what does it mean if she is in the sign of my detriment? It's not going to be a good thing for me to contact her?

Yes the friend is 11th house, rx makes sense, someone from the past (you rethinking the past). Reception is everything. If her significator is in detriment of yours, she might not be particularly happy with the contact or may not respond is a way you might expect of a long lost friend. But the aspect suggest the contact will be there.

But the whole chart needs to be looked for an accurate judgement. Moon aspects and (house) placements of Moon and significators as well.

hope this helps!

Serendipity

Thanks rafaella.
Well.....the moon is not in good condition. It's via combusta which I read means the chart is invalid or the querent is not in a good state of mind.
I've wondered if I should contact her on and off for the last 6 months. She was my best friend from high school.
The problem is (and the main reason I asked the horary) I've been under a lot of stress over the last year. If things didn't go well it would be another disappoint and I just don't feel like dealing with that right now.
I think the chart reflects a lot of my stress.

rafaella

Thanks rafaella.
Well.....the moon is not in good condition. It's via combusta which I read means the chart is invalid or the querent is not in a good state of mind.
I've wondered if I should contact her on and off for the last 6 months. She was my best friend from high school.
The problem is (and the main reason I asked the horary) I've been under a lot of stress over the last year. If things didn't go well it would be another disappoint and I just don't feel like dealing with that right now.
I think the chart reflects a lot of my stress.

If Moon is in via Combusta, that means emotional turmoil, that might be due to the stress in your life and nothing to do with your past friend.

If you want, post your chart and we can then make a proper judgment or you can wait with contacting her until you feel her response or lack of response won't have that much of an influence on you. If you are looking for some emotional support from your friend, then this might be why she is in detriment of your significator, she might not be negative as such, but she might not be able to provide that kind of support you are looking for. But this is just a speculation on my part.