Which planet rules GENERAL artistic ability, Venus or Neptune?

aldebaran

I'm really reluctant to use aspects to asteroids (beyond the conjunction) because you can make a chart mean practically anything you want. Are either Taurus or Virgo particularly strong in your chart? What about Mercury, who rules the hands?

Sun plus Ceres in Taurus, Venus in Taurus, Mercury in Taurus, south node in virgo.

Still, i prefer the other explanation.

Cause thats not so simple, its quite relative. Asteroids are dots, signs are lines, theres at least 30 x 60 different possibility of dots for each sign/line, If we use 0,01 zodiac degree as the limit.
What i mean is that asteroids permit much more exactness than signs, and the meaning of the asteroids doesnt need to be get from natal, but also transits, progressions, which allows much research.

I didn't want to dismiss your interpretation, which I'm sure is much valuable, I'm just seeing from the speculative sight, once my aspects to Ceres are really tight I give preponderance to it.

Last edited:

corvidcatharsis

I think it would be a really insightful astrological project if there was some research in to how certain signs and combinations do specific types of art and how it’s a result of their minds and personalities.

There are so many artists with very different styles and temperaments. People's interests often inform the content of their work. The basic tropes of landscape, portrait, and still life are often regurgitated as educational exercises, but if someone paints something really wild and unusual, it's probably because they feel like it.

No art teacher is going to tell you to draw zombie kittens, and some people actively discourage it. So if someone draws something strange like that, it tells you not only what their interests are but about their persistence and authenticity too.

Body language and energy level also affect the artistic style. More frenetic energy can be seen in the marks made on a paper or canvas. In the case of someone like Pollock or Basquiat the marks almost fly off the page. Mondrian has crisp clean lines that are almost static.

Different personalities also tend to like different mediums. Sculptors are more hands on than painters. Oil painters work more slowly than acrylic painters and tend to be traditional, patient and perfectionistic. Mixed media artists are often experimental. Photographers can be both patient and impatient, prowling around like felines, cameras in hand, waiting for the right moment to pounce. Extraverts seem more likely to photograph people and introverts seem more likely to photograph landscapes. These are broad generalizations, though.

I've had people tell me my art reminded them of my personality. I'm a fine art student and I've been drawn to very chaotic energetic abstract work. I've calmed down and my work is more intricate, but still abstract. I can draw and paint people too, I just prefer not to.

So if you want one respondent, I can put up my chart and show some of my art.

Humanitarian

In traditional astrology Venus rules all sorts of arts. If Venus rules the ascendant of the native or querent, then they will be artistic and creative. A connection with the fifth house ruler is important as well. Go to the modern astrology pages for Neptune.
This is the modern astrology page, so you can also talk about Neptune for that

Humanitarian

My research has led me to believe that Venus gives some artistic ability, but that this is usually more pronounced in females and feminine men. What about Neptune?
Venus is more physical, more earthy and more structured, while Neptune is more spiritual, carefree, freestyle and more mystical

Humanitarian

In traditional astrology Venus rules all sorts of arts. If Venus rules the ascendant of the native or querent, then they will be artistic and creative. A connection with the fifth house ruler is important as well. Go to the modern astrology pages for Neptune.
I have 5th house ruled by Venus and it quintiles exactly my Neptune with a 5 arcmin orb, and I have some artistic abilities, and this is also connected to intuitive abilities too! (I have intuitive abilities!)