Which house for budgeting?

Spicadilly

Hi all,

I erected a chart to know which necessary things to buy in April. I have quite a few things to buy but unlikely to buy them all in the same month. So which house to assign to know how to spend my budget wisely?

Thanks!

starlink

Hi Spicadilly, I would look at the 2nd house. After you buy things, they become your possession. But how to spend your money wisely is not a good question for horary, or rather a difficult question to answer via horary.

Now if you have made a list of the necessary things you need to buy and know which planets rule those things (Mars or Saturn for an alarm system maybe and Venus for a beautiful ornament, Mercury for a bookcase), then finding those planets in your 2nd could show you maybe which articles get priority in becoming your possession.I would do it that way. Maybe others have a different way of figuring this out.

You could also see if they will be expensive or not by looking at their dignity and their 4th house maybe, or if they are worthwhile buying. If they are weak in sign, then I would not buy it.

Last edited:

Spicadilly

Hi Starlink, thank you for your help. I was hesitating between 2 and 8 and your thinking on acquired possessions H2 makes sense.

I did make a list and assigned planets :) and get your thinking on H2 tenancy and dignities but now I realise Moon is Voc and rules AC and H2 hehe. I will open a thread with my take for learning purpose.

starlink

but now I realise Moon is Voc .
That does not mean that you cannot interprete a chart, you just have to be extra careful in how you do it. It probably means that you actually already do know what not to buy and what you need first.:)

I will open a thread with my take for learning purpose.
Very good!

Spicadilly

Ah ok. I thought Voc only meant nothing will come out of the matter so that maybe in that chart, it was a no items bought :) . Also Starlink, isn't Voc Taurus Moon one of them that still function??

I have given the chart interpretation my best and can tell there is a long way to go :D

starlink

Also Starlink, isn't Voc Taurus Moon one of them that still function??
Yes indeed, you saw that correctly. According to William Lilly, in Taurus, Cancer, Sagittarius Moon still has some strength to act.