which aspects produce opportunistic suck-ups?

aquarianbd

I am a newbie in astrology and know next to nothing. are there really certain positions/aspects which make people king(or queen) of opportunistic flattery? mars in virgo,capricorn,gemini and leo ? My assumptions are based on ppl i know, not any full-fledged research. can anyone enlighten me?

Lin

No ONE planet or position or aspect produces an opportunist or extreme flatterer.

But if you post the chart of someone you know does this I can tell you what, on THAT particular chart, would show these traits.
LIN

aquarianbd

i have some charts...i am attaching 1 for instance-

Attachments

• c.121749.png
    c.121749.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 50

Osamenor

Staff member
Do you know this person's birth time? If this chart is correct, it makes a lot of sense that he's an opportunistic flatterer. If it's not, then what I'm thinking is way off, but if it is correct, then "C" has Pisces rising. That's the first thing I'd think of if you tell me someone's an opportunistic flatterer. Not all Pisces rising people are, but they're capable of being an opportunistic flatterer if they want to be. Pisces, as a sign, is very accommodating, very eager to please, to make others comfortable.

Some Pisces rising people are simply the kind who make everyone feel welcome and at ease, with no ulterior motives. Others have ulterior motives. If a person with Pisces rising wants to achieve power, they don't claw their way to the top, they flatter their way to the top.

This guy also has Jupiter nicely domiciled in his first house, trine his Scorpio moon and sun and Chiron. That tells us something about what motivates him. He's very feeling--all of his big 3 in water signs, Chiron with the sun and moon--so whatever his drive for power is coming from, we know it's based in emotions. With Chiron involved, it's very likely he feels inadequate, powerless, but also feels he deserves power.

aquarianbd

Do you know this person's birth time? If this chart is correct, it makes a lot of sense that he's an opportunistic flatterer. If it's not, then what I'm thinking is way off, but if it is correct, then "C" has Pisces rising. That's the first thing I'd think of if you tell me someone's an opportunistic flatterer. Not all Pisces rising people are, but they're capable of being an opportunistic flatterer if they want to be. Pisces, as a sign, is very accommodating, very eager to please, to make others comfortable.

Some Pisces rising people are simply the kind who make everyone feel welcome and at ease, with no ulterior motives. Others have ulterior motives. If a person with Pisces rising wants to achieve power, they don't claw their way to the top, they flatter their way to the top.

This guy also has Jupiter nicely domiciled in his first house, trine his Scorpio moon and sun and Chiron. That tells us something about what motivates him. He's very feeling--all of his big 3 in water signs, Chiron with the sun and moon--so whatever his drive for power is coming from, we know it's based in emotions. With Chiron involved, it's very likely he feels inadequate, powerless, but also feels he deserves power.

I m not sure as it can be one of his mind games too.the birth time is suspicious.I was actually confused bcs I hAve heavy pisces influence (not rising though) so I tend to be protective towards them. But this guy is really sth. Totally use and throw lol.and taking a devilish relish in it.

Osamenor

Staff member
I m not sure as it can be one of his mind games too.the birth time is suspicious.I was actually confused bcs I hAve heavy pisces influence (not rising though) so I tend to be protective towards them. But this guy is really sth. Totally use and throw lol.and taking a devilish relish in it.

So is he a flatterer, or a mind game player? Or both?

Mind games relate to Mercury, and sure enough, he has Mercury as the focal point of a t-square and right on his MC (if birth time is correct), where it's the most elevated planet in his chart. These factors taken together make me think the birth time you have for him is correct, or if not exactly correct, then very close. Interestingly, his Mercury t-square involves a domino chain of dispositers: Mercury disposits Mars, Jupiter disposits Mercury, and Jupiter, being domiciled, is the final dispositor in that chain. Jupiter is also the final dispositor of his chart if you don't count the outer planets, and if you do count the outer planets, it's the final dispositor of everything in his chart except Uranus.

So, we see what's leading his mind games: Pisces Jupiter. This guy isn't going to be overtly nasty to people. He'll always approach others in a Pisces way: accommodating, flattering, but if his ulterior motive is power over others, he'll take it by subtly building up people's illusions and then yanking the rug out from under them before they know what's happening--and in a way that leaves him looking innocent and them questioning their sanity.

That's also a Scorpionic thing to do, and sure enough, he's a double Scorpio. Which, again, tells us why he behaves that way: he's doing a dance with power, in his mind. Deep down, he feels disempowered. If you know anything about his life story--childhood, etc.--there's very likely some extreme disempowerment in it, as a running theme. His chart doesn't tell us that all by itself (although it does suggest that as a strong possibility), but his chart plus his behavior gives the story away.

It might not be a story you know, though, even if you know him well. The kind of disempowerment we're looking at here is the kind that could be very deeply secret.

aquarianbd

So is he a flatterer, or a mind game player? Or both?

Mind games relate to Mercury, and sure enough, he has Mercury as the focal point of a t-square and right on his MC (if birth time is correct), where it's the most elevated planet in his chart. These factors taken together make me think the birth time you have for him is correct, or if not exactly correct, then very close. Interestingly, his Mercury t-square involves a domino chain of dispositers: Mercury disposits Mars, Jupiter disposits Mercury, and Jupiter, being domiciled, is the final dispositor in that chain. Jupiter is also the final dispositor of his chart if you don't count the outer planets, and if you do count the outer planets, it's the final dispositor of everything in his chart except Uranus.

So, we see what's leading his mind games: Pisces Jupiter. This guy isn't going to be overtly nasty to people. He'll always approach others in a Pisces way: accommodating, flattering, but if his ulterior motive is power over others, he'll take it by subtly building up people's illusions and then yanking the rug out from under them before they know what's happening--and in a way that leaves him looking innocent and them questioning their sanity.

That's also a Scorpionic thing to do, and sure enough, he's a double Scorpio. Which, again, tells us why he behaves that way: he's doing a dance with power, in his mind. Deep down, he feels disempowered. If you know anything about his life story--childhood, etc.--there's very likely some extreme disempowerment in it, as a running theme. His chart doesn't tell us that all by itself (although it does suggest that as a strong possibility), but his chart plus his behavior gives the story away.

It might not be a story you know, though, even if you know him well. The kind of disempowerment we're looking at here is the kind that could be very deeply secret.

His mother smothers and pampers him too much.that's what I know.he declares openly that his mother is a fool.

Osamenor

Staff member
His mother smothers and pampers him too much.that's what I know.he declares openly that his mother is a fool.

There's much more than that going on. Guaranteed, from the chart. It doesn't spell out the details but does indicate that whatever it is, it goes deep.

Lin

People tend to use the skills they have esp. if they are attempting to overcome their perceived flaws and shortcomings.

Moon applies to the trine of Jupiter. This means his personality....which by the way he can thank is mother for, in part, helps him promote himself. I think it's a soft sell. Tho to some it can be very visible. Saturn (authority figures) is a problem for him. He can't "confront" authority so easily. Saturn inconjuncts his Mars. So the manipulative and probably passive aggressive behavior is to keep authority figures from hitting him. (metaphorically.) Actually the Sun is also inconjunct Saturn....so he has a YOD. He has no choice but to use the tools he has, as some means of ingratiating himself are blocked off.

He has Sun sextile Neptune, so not everyone can see his behaviors the way you do.
And he has Uranus sextile Venus, so he does have some very interesting talents, one of which may be to know what a specific persons "wants" and then tries to BE that way. His Mars is sextile the Sun so his work is probably good.

Merc on the MC makes him a natural conversationalist....if and when he chooses. But Merc squares Mars.....so he has learned the hard way when to keep silent and when to speak in the way that will benefit him the most.

I don't know what business you are in and what type of work he does but I feel that he is in the wrong field.

He's REALLY young. A lot of what he does now , behaviorally, he will hone down and he will probably change fields of endeavor also.

He has some growing up to do. Maybe you will see him differently later if you still know him in, let's say, 5 years.

OH...and he feels a lot of pressure to succeed. It may be family pressure.

AND transit Neptune is square his Mercury now...so he may be a bit unconscious about how he is perceived or "heard."
LIn

Last edited:

Tandy

Banned
Sychopants are manipulating, but they are also ambitious and reaching. It takes effort to be like that. Could it be a Saturn Mars aspect?

miquar

Hi. If this person is some kind of opportunistic flatterer, then the main significator for this is the close square from Mercury culminating in Sagittarius to Jupiter in Pisces in the first house. (Also, waning squares involve greater social awareness than waxing squares.) The Scorpio emphasis may say much about the motivation behind this behaviour, but Mercury and Jupiter are working together to pull it off.

Best wishes

Miquar