where is greybeard?

chris10

where is greybeard?

I'm one of those people who come on here to read his posts (and keep in touch with online friends :wink: ) and I haven't seen him post since November 15th :sad:

unique_astrology

Do you have his birth data?

My guess from reading some of his posts - Feb 6, 1942, 3:18 pm, Boise, Idaho

If I am close I can PM you what I see in his chart.

Bob

JUPITERASC

Bob
Here's how greybeard introduced himself 01-27-2012, 07:36 PM :smile:

I just signed on.

Seems like the best way to introduce myself in an astrologer's forum is to give you my birth data:
6 Feb 1942,
1435 (2235 GMT),
Glendale,
California
118W15, 34N09.
-- Asc 12 Cancer 28.
Chart is Rodden AA:
BC in hand. Unrectified.

What would you say my main traits are?
What did my life look like? Have fun.
:biggrin:

Here's the URL to the Astrodienst Chart Image: http://www.astro.com/tmpd/cl1zfileGYpyzR-u1199976133/astro_w2at_03_david_smith_hp.85791.3751.gif

I got started in astrology at the age of 9, back in 1951. As you see in my chart I have Neptune close by the Nadir. Some years ago I attended an astrology convention in Houston, and a lady gave a seminar (I don't remember who it was) on "Planets in the Angles". When she came to "Neptune in the Fourth House" her first words were "Mama was a space cadet." I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

So, Mama was just as much a space cadet in 1951 as she ever was or would be, and with Moon in Leo she liked some attention. One of the ways she got attention was to use "pulp magazine" astrology, asking people what their sign was and carrying on. She sent off to some guy named Gus in Pueblo, Colorado and ordered the family's horoscopes, at $25 a crack (1951 $$). I read mine twice, then never saw it again. In the meantime, I came to detest both my mother and astrology.

Time passes. Now it is June 1972. I have no interest whatsoever in astrology. One very hot day I was walking down a Mexican sidewalk, 500 miles south of the border, when I passed the open door of a bookstore. I had a little spare time and am a bookworm. So I turned around and walked through that door. And right there, in the doorway, I "heard a voice" saying "Buy a book on astrology." I don't hear voices, but it was like that. Not ten feet in front of me was a little book merry-go-round thing, and sitting right at eye level was "A Time for Astrology" by Jess Stearn (in English), who was a dilettante, not an astrologer. But I bought the book.

And here I am 40 years later, an astrologer. Not too long after I began investigating astrology, once the bug had bitten me, I set myself the goal of becoming a really good astrologer. It took a very long time and endless frustration (I have never had a personal teacher, but only the books those wonderful men and women wrote), but by golly, I did it. I love astrology and what it teaches us, which goes far beyond the reading of any horoscope.

My primary interest is natal astrology and its uses in healing our wounded souls. I do not believe in an immortal personal soul, and there being nothing to bring back, reincarnation either. I do believe, though, that we are eternal Spirit. I see the natal horoscope as the charting of the human psyche, and experience throughout what is becoming a long life has shown me that our human mind (in a convenient way of conceptualizing the matter) literally creates our destiny. Therefore, by reading the horoscope as a map of the psyche, the destiny flows out of it. No experience in life can be known outside our own mind; all of life takes place there.

Oh, by the way, early in my study I found Grant Lewi's "Heaven Knows What," and good old Gus had simply lifted Lewi's reading for "Mercury square Uranus" right out of the book and typed it into his "report." Pretty good way to make an easy $25. I have a pretty good memory, and when I saw that passage in Lewi's book the bells rang...Gus was a charlatan.

chris10

Bob
Hi Bob. Thank you. I know you are right about the date Feb 6, 1942 as my father shared the same birth date as greybeard. I don't know his time of birth though. I think he had mentioned he was cancer ascendant.

unique_astrology

Transits to his natal chart and his natal demi-lunar progressed to just 2 hours after his last post yield the expression of difficult circumstances (possible injury, stroke, or heart attack).

Attachments

• Last Post.gif
    Last Post.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 29
  • PNDL N2.gif
    PNDL N2.gif
    26 KB · Views: 30

ashriia

Transits to his natal chart and his natal demi-lunar progressed to just 2 hours after his last post yield the expression of difficult circumstances (possible injury, stroke, or heart attack).

I always enjoy reading greybeards long winded adventure stories on this forum. I hope he is alright. :sad:

these transits in our skies are really showing such brute force with the health of so many people, and some of my favorite forum members too!

JUPITERASC

by the way there is no confirmation regarding greybeard being banned
in any event wilsontc has not mentioned banning greybeard
:smile:
What happened to poyi?
Poyi felt that her religious beliefs were being attacked on the BLACK MAGIC RELATED QUESTION thread
at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69343&page=4&highlight=magic

Well, we haven't heard from Shankar for quite a while.
I wonder if his search for a black magic cure panned out,
and whether his studies at school are now back on track.
He hasn't said.

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Poyi, I regret that you find my posts so troublesome.

the thread Poyi felt insulted on before she abruptly stopped posting
and that Inline quoted from
is at

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70471

Poyi felt attacked elsewhere as well
Keep in mind however that
Poyi was involved in an accident
and was also having a tough time at work
plus she clearly felt attacked
so Poyi has taken another holiday from the forum
as she has previously done, as mentioned by IleneK

For those unaware of Poyi's REPEAT RIGHT ARM SURGERY thread
at

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71725

Kali

Did anyone ever figure out what happened with Graybeard? I miss his musings, but also his pointed questions. He helped make all of us much better astrologers.