Where is freedom in my chart?

MidnightxPoison

Re: Obsession with Freedom

I also hate to be told what to do. I love being in control, hate being the opposite. Hate deadlines, routine etc. I LOVE freedom. I just want to do whatever I'm in the mood for. I'm lazy, lack discipline (yet amazingly I've been a good student before but only cause I forced myself) and I'm extremely impatient. I become bored and distracted easily. I'm flighty and hot-tempered. YET I'm a Virgo. How weird. A lot of people have mistaken me for a Gemini or Libra (the second one isn't that off - I'm a Libra ASC after all).

Could anyone please also have a look at why I'm this way? I've been trying to figure myself out for a lifetime and it's aggravating! Thanks!

Here's my chart:
2454917056220.gif

[person posted in the middle of someone else's thread so moved to new thread - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

freedomlover

quoting: MidnightxPoison: I also hate to be told what to do. I love being in control, hate being the opposite. Hate deadlines, routine etc. I LOVE freedom. I just want to do whatever I'm in the mood for. I'm lazy, lack discipline (yet amazingly I've been a good student before but only cause I forced myself) and I'm extremely impatient. I become bored and distracted easily. I'm flighty and hot-tempered. YET I'm a Virgo. How weird. A lot of people have mistaken me for a Gemini or Libra (the second one isn't that off - I'm a Libra ASC after all).

MP

Could anyone please also have a look at why I'm this way? I've been trying to figure myself out for a lifetime and it's aggravating! Thanks!
The control/vs freedom thing probably stems alot from the ruler of your 4th ( family of origin) being in Sag ( makes decisions for others without their input) in your 3rd house. It is also tightly conjunct Uranus in Sag, as well. Uranus in Sag rules your 5th house - which is your "inner child".

Jupiter in Gemini rules your 3rd house,and is in the 8th. Did you have poor communication with a parent - esp. father? Something about communication and learning and seeing alternative viewpoints/both sides (Jupiter in Gemini) - needs transformed ( 8th house). Perhaps he/she would not listen to your point of view, or you felt like they listened by "de-valued your viewpoint"? 8th house can show power struggles over Jupiter in Gemini type issues. Did your parents place a lot of value on good grades? Did you attend the type of school and learn the type of things that YOU wanted to learn - or was it forced upon you?

Also, your Mercury in Libra ( which is conjunct your ASC) looks to be pretty unaspected. Mercury rules your 9th and 12th houses - show something about your belief systems and subconscious is affecting your communication. Mercury in Libra should be balanced, but from what you've described, it is very unbalanced. Perhaps you've developed the habit of automatically giving in without resistance - "going along to get along" - type of stuff. Or, on the other hand, perhaps you subconsciously refuse to cater to other's viewpoints - get their input, because of your childhood experiences - as a way to protect yourself?

The only aspect I could find to Mercury in Libra was a sesquiquadrate to Jupiter in Gemini - which further ties the whole thing together. (A sesquiquadrate is a harsh adjustment - something you usually have to work very hard on to overcome.) It seems like alot of the freedom you are wanting is "mental freedom".

One other thing.... when Gemini/Sag and 3rd house get together - often there are issues of competition/sibling rivalry. Venus rules your 8th house of power struggle, and other people's values, as well as your Asc. Venus disposits your Mercury in Libra, as well. Venus is in Leo in the 10th house. Did you get a lot of praise and attention for doing well in school ( even though you didn't really want to?)

FL

Last edited:

MidnightxPoison

freedomlover said:
Jupiter in Gemini rules your 3rd house,and is in the 8th. Did you have poor communication with a parent - esp. father? Something about communication and learning and seeing alternative viewpoints/both sides (Jupiter in Gemini) - needs transformed ( 8th house). Perhaps he/she would not listen to your point of view, or you felt like they listened by "de-valued your viewpoint"? 8th house can show power struggles over Jupiter in Gemini type issues. Did your parents place a lot of value on good grades? Did you attend the type of school and learn the type of things that YOU wanted to learn - or was it forced upon you?

Yep. I had very poor communication with my father and with my mother as well. I always felt like they didn't understand me and I often felt overlooked/like an "underdog". They didn't always listen to my point of view, they would always listen to my brother.
Yes, my parents put a lot of value on good grades (same with my grandparents). The first school I attended was the type of school I didn't like so I told my parents I wanted to go to this other school. Since then it hasn't really been a problem. I have always been the one who has chosen my own school. I chose to go to an high school focused on arts because I love art. So, that wasn't very forced. But everything else you suggested was correct.

Also, your Mercury in Libra ( which is conjunct your ASC) looks to be pretty unaspected. Mercury rules your 9th and 12th houses - show something about your belief systems and subconscious is affecting your communication. Mercury in Libra should be balanced, but from what you've described, it is very unbalanced. Perhaps you've developed the habit of automatically giving in without resistance - "going along to get along" - type of stuff. Or, on the other hand, perhaps you subconsciously refuse to cater to other's viewpoints - get their input, because of your childhood experiences - as a way to protect yourself?

Yes, it seems like I give in without resistance. For example when my mother confronts me about something then I automatically give in. I don't even try to explain myself or defend myself, I just let her have her long talk and get on with it because I try to avoid further conflict. Yet sometimes (although this happens rarely) I lose control and become extremely angry. My inner self is very hot-tempered, becomes easily annoyed/bored (maybe it's my Mars in Aries?).
I always listen to others viewpoints though. I weigh the possibilities, try to see the two sides of one coin but most of my conclusions come from experience.

The only aspect I could find to Mercury in Libra was a sesquiquadrate to Jupiter in Gemini - which further ties the whole thing together. (A sesquiquadrate is a harsh adjustment - something you usually have to work very hard on to overcome.) It seems like alot of the freedom you are wanting is "mental freedom".

That is so correct! Studying was so hard for me even if I could be excellent at it if I forced myself because I get bored of this mental stuff where I have to think of something or solve something in my head that I don't even care about. Mostly, I want mental freedom so that my poor head doesn't have to focus or struggle on things I'm not interested in. I have a very, very imaginative mind so what I enjoy doing is writing poetry, stories, fanfiction. I enjoy fantasy but when I have to study I have to shut myself out from my "dream" world and come back to reality and I hate it.

One other thing.... when Gemini/Sag and 3rd house get together - often there are issues of competition/sibling rivalry. Venus rules your 8th house of power struggle, and other people's values, as well as your Asc. Venus disposits your Mercury in Libra, as well. Venus is in Leo in the 10th house. Did you get a lot of praise and attention for doing well in school ( even though you didn't really want to?)
FL

I did get attention/praise for doing well in school and felt quite flattered (must be my Leo in Venus perhaps?), lol... but in the end of the day I couldn't care less. I just wanted freedom and to be recognized for who I was, my qualities not my grades.

By the way, thank you so much for interpreting my chart! :)

hermetic

Sun in 11th?
Saturn conj Uranus, squaring your Sun - the constant battle - structure vs. rebellion, order vs. freedom?