Where do really bad thoughts come from?

Prominent

Here's an interesting article that someone suggested I read recently: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/05/ff_nicholas_carr/
It's about how the brain works under different levels of stimulation and how simply browsing the web and things like that will cause people to have a reduced ability to put information into long-term memory.

I can appreciate all those meditative ways, but like retinoid I question the extent. I use to meditate often and work on getting rid of the ego and all that jazz, but all it did was make me inhuman and incapable of feeling anything.
So basically, I'd say use it in moderation. Obviously being more mindful will help, but you don't have to take it to the extreme and silence everything. Our purpose of living is to experience the world, not to sit quietly in one place and do nothing.
But yea, It can help, and once it does then move on and learn something new about reality.

as far as health- that is not something everyone is born with. Some people are born with less ability to live healthy or look healthy. So eating right may not always get you to a glowing state, but yea it helps.

retinoid

Here's an interesting article that someone suggested I read recently: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/05/ff_nicholas_carr/
It's about how the brain works under different levels of stimulation and how simply browsing the web and things like that will cause people to have a reduced ability to put information into long-term memory.

I can appreciate all those meditative ways, but like retinoid I question the extent. I use to meditate often and work on getting rid of the ego and all that jazz, but all it did was make me inhuman and incapable of feeling anything.
So basically, I'd say use it in moderation. Obviously being more mindful will help, but you don't have to take it to the extreme and silence everything. Our purpose of living is to experience the world, not to sit quietly in one place and do nothing.
But yea, It can help, and once it does then move on and learn something new about reality.

as far as health- that is not something everyone is born with. Some people are born with less ability to live healthy or look healthy. So eating right may not always get you to a glowing state, but yea it helps.

This is how it made me and I question if this is a good mind set. I am ordering a book on QI GONG, sort of the chinese version of yoga. So I hope that will help me with 'meditation'.

'The Dao of Taijiquan: Way to Rejuvenation'
by Master Jou Tsung Hwa

I believe the answer for those who wish to go forward is twofold:
never be satisfied and always seek diligently for keys to further progress...

[How] can you avoid the pitfall of self-satisfaction, which tempts you to settle for where you are rather than pursue loftier aims?... Goals organize energy. They help you use your time and effort more efficiently. Goals are most effective if they are made conscious and meaningful... Try to be specific in formulating your goals... Vague goals, even if they sound good, will not focus your energy nor inspire you to employ effective means of realizing them... Specificity helps focus your will and strengthens your belief in your own potential. Focus on something you really want, not just something that sounds nice. The fervor of your desire makes the difference between a fond hope and a goal which empowers your pursuit of it. Empowering goals are magnetic. They attract energies in your life that contribute to their fulfillment and repel things that might distract you...

At every stage, there is specific work to be done that cannot be skipped if you wish to make progress... Have confidence in yourself. If the old masters did it, you can do it. Give up negative habits of thought. Excuses will drain your energy and ruin everything... Your assumptions about yourself and who you are... create an inertia in your life... The more often you think of your goal, the more it shapes your reality. Once a week is better than once a month, once a day is better than once a week... Remembrance is the greatest key, linked to the cultivation of your will and the power of your imagination... If you can remember your goal and yeild to the possibility of change, you will indeed breakthrough and begin to live at higher levels of energy and consciousness...

[Strive] to adopt the philosophy of taiji, expressed in the principle of change. Unfortuneately, some players are sidetracked by the belief that their teacher is the only teacher. In the attempt to follow only one way they lose sight of the principle of change and of the richness of taijiquan. You probably were led to your teacher to learn certain personal lessons you might not have learned with someone else. This was a gift to you, but if it fosters an attitude that excludes rather than includes and that encourages mockery of other people and ideas, you will very likely shove away the keys to your own breakthrough. Be open to the lessons hidden in all that comes your way. Remain flexible and see what works for you. Do not be afraid to change your practice, to learn another style, or to incorporate new ideas into your form. As you change, it changes -- as it changes, you change.

whatfor

I am always doing something, but can clear my mind and let my body run on auto, just not on the table saw, the ideas and peace just come. you learned how to read? Can you read and run full out? you can if the sign is big therefore you can do something and be clear of mind. It will take time, no pills for instant results, sorry. Try somthing small, someone does something and you would have a neg thought, change it to a simple, I hope you have a better day then switch to another task but no racing of thought just slow vision of how you might do the next task. Could be getting keys out of your pocket or seeing your hand placed on the stair railing. In time the bigger issues can be addressed. Learn the ACB's then read.