when will I start to lose weight?

maria river

Hello everyone,
so I have been going to this dietician for a while but with no visible results.
Im using the keto diet which Im not sure is for me.
I wonder what the sun moon opposition shows in this chart.
Venus square jupiter , sun will sextile jupiter and conjunct saturn.
It's gonna get worse before it gets better, I think.
When will I start to see results?
will venus have to change signs so that it wont square jupiter?
thank you forum members.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_now_now.63929.1514283.png
    astro_2gw_now_now.63929.1514283.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 18

leomoon

Its very hard to break old habits. Jupiter is self-engorgement I would think and Venus (the perfect goddess ) is having a challenge with Jupiter. There will be some restriction yes, with Saturn coming up....so I think you are reading this correctly. And yes, I think Jupiter and Venus will need to be better friends before it happens.

Not all that long ago (last year) I was rather overweight for my age. My husband said, "do what I do - eat only 1/2 of a sandwich for lunch instead of a whole sandwich" so I tried. I was hungry, but I did get used to it and then I had a dream about 6 months ago that my entire diet was changing. Now I don't care for food as I use to. :( .....He tries to feed me and I simply don't feel like eating much. Be careful what you wish for I say. But maybe start with cutting in half. Best of luck.

maria river

Its very hard to break old habits. Jupiter is self-engorgement I would think and Venus (the perfect goddess ) is having a challenge with Jupiter. There will be some restriction yes, with Saturn coming up....so I think you are reading this correctly. And yes, I think Jupiter and Venus will need to be better friends before it happens.

Not all that long ago (last year) I was rather overweight for my age. My husband said, "do what I do - eat only 1/2 of a sandwich for lunch instead of a whole sandwich" so I tried. I was hungry, but I did get used to it and then I had a dream about 6 months ago that my entire diet was changing. Now I don't care for food as I use to. :( .....He tries to feed me and I simply don't feel like eating much. Be careful what you wish for I say. But maybe start with cutting in half. Best of luck.
hello leomoon, thank you for you input and for sharing your personal experience with weight loss,
and the wonderful story with your husband.
The problem is , I have other underlying diseases such as Hasimoto (thyroid)
and I have been taking some hormones due to an old surgery.
You can see why I am frustrated, these conditions dont help at all.
Anyway, I shouldnt get all serious about it.
Thank you again for your time and support!

maria river

another thing I noticed in this chart is that venus will be squaring jupiter for another 2 units.
Maybe in two months or two weeks (I wish I knew how to calculate this!) I will be able to see some results.
I will keep this post updated just for the sake of it.

Rhys

Hi Maria,

It looks as though your chart is radical in that it seems to describe the situation: the sixth house of health issues is ruled by Saturn (!) the natural significator of going on a diet! :)

You are represented by Mercury, who is at the cusp of the sixth house and just separating from an opposition to the Moon, your co-signifcator. and of course, the Moon represents the physical body.

You have three planets in H6, all of them ruled by Jupiter, which naturally represents the concern of being overweight. The Sun represents your general health and vitality, but in this chart it might represent an authority figure (the dietician?). Saturn probably represents success in weight loss, which would occur when Mercury perfects to the conjunction in 9°.

Unfortunately, Mercury will combust with the Sun in 4°, which normally would suggest something getting in the way of your achieving your goal. It could be a disagreement with the dietician. It would become clear what that is in four units of time. either 4 days from when you cast the chart (in which case you would know by now), otherwise in four weeks from 23 February.

The tenth house represents the treatment/approach you are taking to the diet. With Gemini on the cusp of the tenth house, this is also represented by Mercury, which in this chart is in detriment. This suggests that the current approach is not working and you ought to change it.

The dietician is represented by the seventh house, which has Neptune on the cusp! Oops. It really looks as though you ought to get a second opinion. The dieticians approach my be misguided (Neptune on H7 cusp).

Good luck! And let us know what happens.

Best - Rhys

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you, Rhys, for your delineation. I always learn something.
I am still trying to get clarity on Moon being void of course.
May I ask, do you see moon in this chart as being Void of Course? Or do you say no because it is in orb of Merc, even though it must change sign to perfect?

waybread

I think it's unlikely that Maria will lose weight. The moon is void-of-the-course in Leo in the house of one's hopes and wishes for the future.

I interpret a VOC moon as indicating that the current situation is likely to change.

Even with diets that enable people to lose weight, it is hard to stick to them. Rates of weight loss slow down as the person's metabolism adjusts to the new regimen. Then it's easy to gain the weight back. (This appears to be the case with drugs like Ozempic, incidentally.)

Maria, I hope that as you focus on a healthy diet, you also empathize things that a large and lovely woman can do to look her best (clothing, hairstyle) and physical activity (exercise.)

waybread

Ilene, I think that even if we allow an out-of-sign moon-Mercury opposition, Mercury is combust and has no essential dignity. Mercury, as the first house ruler, also says something about the querent's body and outward appearance.

Maria, please don't feel discouraged by my posts. As a super-sized woman myself, I am a fan of body-positivity and making the most of what one has.

Peakachoo79ta

Perhaps once Pluto goes solidly in Aquarius. Pluto will oppose your Moon in Leo, and it will also conjunct your Venus, and Mars, in Aquarius! The Moon can be food, and Venus can be enjoying good things, like food! Pluto might help transform your body!

Add in that Uranus in Taurus is firing off your Jupiter in Taurus! By 2026, Uranus will be out of Taurus, for good!

It can take time to find a diet and/or exercise program, that works! As a Chiron in Cancer, I wish you all the luck in your journey!

Osamenor

Staff member
Perhaps once Pluto goes solidly in Aquarius. Pluto will oppose your Moon in Leo, and it will also conjunct your Venus, and Mars, in Aquarius! The Moon can be food, and Venus can be enjoying good things, like food! Pluto might help transform your body!

Add in that Uranus in Taurus is firing off your Jupiter in Taurus! By 2026, Uranus will be out of Taurus, for good!

It can take time to find a diet and/or exercise program, that works! As a Chiron in Cancer, I wish you all the luck in your journey!

This is a horary chart, not a birth chart. The rules for interpreting horary are different from natal. Transits are irrelevant to horary unless they're in the very near future, not more than a few days or weeks out, and are made by traditional planets (and not always even then). Modern planets aren't always used in horary. Even when they are, they move so slowly that their positions in the relevant time frame won't significantly change from where they are in the horary chart.

Peakachoo79ta

This is a horary chart, not a birth chart. The rules for interpreting horary are different from natal. Transits are irrelevant to horary unless they're in the very near future, not more than a few days or weeks out, and are made by traditional planets (and not always even then). Modern planets aren't always used in horary. Even when they are, they move so slowly that their positions in the relevant time frame won't significantly change from where they are in the horary chart.
I'm not good at figuring out if the collective is going to lose weight. It's hard to figure out, at least for me, if a person, themselves, is going to lose weight, without a natal chart.

Rhys

Thank you, Rhys, for your delineation. I always learn something.
I am still trying to get clarity on Moon being void of course.
May I ask, do you see moon in this chart as being Void of Course? Or do you say no because it is in orb of Merc, even though it must change sign to perfect?
Hi Ilene !

There are of course varying definitions for VOC Moon: a Hellenistic one, a medieval one, a renaissance one (Lilly) and a modern one. I follow Lilly on this, so for me the Moon is not VOC because it is currently in a Ptolemaic aspect to Mercury.

My friend and colleague Anthony Lewis has written a short and very readable article comparing the various VOC definitions, you can read it here: https://tonylouis.wordpress.com/2021/02/27/lillys-definition-of-the-void-of-course-moon/

That being said, I would still expect a change to happen when the Moon changes signs into Virgo in 4°, which, curiously, corresponds with the number of degrees that Mercury will go into combustion with the Sun.

The original question was "When will I see results?" of the current treatment. The chart appears to be saying that Maria won't see results with the current treatment, for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

The reason she won't see results is due to her dietician not seeing her situation clearly (Neptune on H7 cusp). Astrologically speaking, the advice would be to get a second opinion on the diet.

The Moon changing signs and Mercury going into combustion would suggest that an event will occur in four units of time (days/weeks probably) that will inspire Maria to do this.

Or at least, that how I'm reading the chart. :)

All the best - Rhys

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm not good at figuring out if the collective is going to lose weight. It's hard to figure out, at least for me, if a person, themselves, is going to lose weight, without a natal chart.

This is the horary section. All responses here must be based on horary astrology. If you're not familiar enough with horary astrology to give a horary response, don't post in this section, unless it's for the purpose of learning horary for yourself.

Rhys

Thank you for sharing your view on VOC in this chart and special thanks for Anthony Lewis' article.
I just want to underline that I'm not saying my approach is the "right" one. It's merely the one that I feel most comfortable with.
On the other hand, I've seen all of the VOC Moon approaches work in different contexts.

I believe that casting a horary chart is a bit like casting a tarot spread. One defines the correspondances of each of the card positions in advance and the universe will respond accordingly. Similarly, when a horary chart is cast, the universe knows perfectly well which system the astrologer who casts the chart is using, and responds.

I suspect that Maria, who after all was the one who cast the chart, would use the modern VOC method. In which case the interpretation would be the Moon is VOC and nothing will happen until it hits Mercury in 4°. So in this case we're back where we started from! :p

waybread

Rhys, thanks for the Louis tutorial.

I probably got my VOC interpretation from Olivia Barclay, who has since been somewhat supplanted by newer publications. I do a simplified form of traditional horary. I take the moon as VOC if it completed its last in-sign aspect, is not within just a few degrees of the next out-of-sign aspect, and is not in one of Lilly's allowable signs (Cancer, Pisces, Sagittarius, or Taurus.)

Basically my reading is that an in-sign VOC moon means that the current situation is unlikely to change. If Maria hasn't lost weight up to now with the keto diet, she probably will not, going forward.

But it's always good to seek multiple testimonies. Yours are great. The following just show how I would look at the chart.

1. The moon rules the stomach; so diet, by extension. The moon's next (out of sign) aspect is an opposition to Mercury, suggesting some hindrance.

2. Mercury rules the querent: in its fall, combust the sun, and in the 6th house of illness and health. Not helpful.

3. Mercury has no essential dignity.

4. If we take this question as a 6th house matter (reinforced by the querent's significator in the 6th) we can take the 9th house as the "end of the matter." (turned 4th from the 6th.) It is ruled by Venus. Venus squares expansive Jupiter, with neither planet in great shape.

So, Maria -- if you're still following this thread, I'd suggest switching diets, trying out another one for a few months, and then asking your question again. The keto diet is heavily into meat and fats. Maybe try vegan? A diet loaded with fresh fruits and vegetables is bound to do you some good.

Meanwhile, that moon in Leo, showing your emotional stake in the matter, should be good for something. Whatever shape you're in, you can hold your head high and look your best just as-you-are. There will be flattering colors, clothing and hair styles, enjoyable forms of exercise, and low-cost ways to pamper yourself.

With all good wishes, W.