When a progressed distance is same as natal

eternal wanderer

I'll start with an example. Years ago I had an experience which has changed my way of being. I have become an another person.

Later I noticed that at that time the distance between my natal Sun and Moon and between progressed Sun and Moon was the same, only in the opposite direction.

Namely, my Moon in Gemini and Sun in Libra are 129 degrees apart. The experience I mentioned occured when my progressed Sun was in Scorpio and Moon in Pisces, exactly 129 degrees apart.

I never heard about these things, but I feel there must be something on that.

Please help

can you post your natal, showing progressions and transits from astro.com?

May I suggest you read the 'welcome to the world of astrology’ and other ---sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc. At the top of every forum there are lots of ‘stickys’ which explain matters in that forum, along with guidelines & tips

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts

How to attach a chart as thumbnail
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

what members like to see in a thread – help forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25930

eternal wanderer

Thank you Astrologer50,

here are my charts. The date of the event is not exact, because this was accutally an ''event'' which lasted 3 months. During that time I was to India and a new reality, a truer reality manifested to me. After that I ceased to be a mere intellectual, if you follow me.

I know that you will look at the progressions and transits and you'll find many pointers. Some are obvious at the first sight. But what I want is information about that distance. If it has any importance at all in the matter.

Thanks

Attachments

• progressed.jpg
    progressed.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 9
  • transit.jpg
    transit.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 9
Thank you Astrologer50,

here are my charts. The date of the event is not exact, because this was accutally an ''event'' which lasted 3 months. During that time I was to India and a new reality, a truer reality manifested to me. After that I ceased to be a mere intellectual, if you follow me.

I know that you will look at the progressions and transits and you'll find many pointers. Some are obvious at the first sight. But what I want is information about that distance. If it has any importance at all in the matter.

Thanks

Can you be a little more pecifc please? do you have an astrological idea.

I notice prog sun is exactly quncunx natal moon and prog moon is quincunx natal sun, from 7th to 2nd house (Equal house ) sun

Natal moon is handle for bucket chart and is afflicted by opp to uranus and mars. moon opp mars = bossy mother and assertive emotional nature. Moon opp uranus could suggest an early break with mother, women, friends and broken relationships. It is on my list of divorce aspects...

T Saturn is 2' off North node in cancer in 11th. Cancer is connected to family matters/4th house and to come away from cappi duties responsibilities, hard work, and business to create something for family, but also to realise your *hopes and wishes* for yourself and family. To perhaps work for large organisations, create new humanitarian groups, or learn to become a little more detached in friendships. Cancer is water emotional whereas cappi is earth, practical and business minded, whereas cancer relates to family and friends become kinda extended family perhaps, or should do...

T Uranus was also quincunxing your mercury at 2'libra this suggests quarrels without resolutions. Your mind could have been working overtime, flashes of insight, not making much sense. Againn sun, venus and mercury are all inn 2nd house, so all these may have affected your earning capacity, personal possessions and personal beliefs and values..

T neptune was exactly trining sun from 6th to 2nd, so health daily routines, co-workers. This transit should have added great intutive if not psychic abilities, that often find expression in music or art.

since I have been researching a little more on quincunxs with the mercury retro period i will have a go at delinating this double quincunx by progression....

Sometimes these quincunxs are obvious and recognised in personality, other times it can take a lot of self examination to identify with the planets energies and of course they (like all aspects) don't operate 100% of the time, they are simply a facet of your personality. Some say they cause health issues that are unresolved, underlying, dormant waiting to be triggered.... some say you stay at one end, to the detriment of the other, OR end up see-sawing between the two until you learn balance, integration of two unlikely pairings.

Next look at the signs, then houses and then aspects. Now the *others aspects* from these Yods as they can act like escape routes, that can help or hinder the expressions.

Sun are moon are luminaries, our pride, ego, core beliefs and values
Moon is our emotional, intuitive needs for nurturing. So what I've detailed below is actually what you would expect to read about sun moon quincunx in a natal chart. I hope you can adapt and read into this progression for this??
Sun Quincunx (Inconjunct) Moon
Your perceptions of others and of life circumstances alter as you get older. As others misunderstand your intentions and you misjudge others' motivations, natural corrections occur for you. It is through concentrating on the core values of communication in relationships that you make major adjustments between your ego drives and your emotional needs. This becomes a critical mechanism for personal growth and development.”
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

“your ties to the past and to emotional security are misaligned with the ways in which you consciously express your will and desire. The resulting stress is usually seen in relationships. In your desire to hold on to old friends and associates, you make enormous ­concessions that interfere with your own development. You create situations that bind you with obligations to people and that are difficult to free yourself from. You so complicate your life this way that one would suspect your enjoy suffering at the hands of others.”
From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

And of course let's not forget I use Equal house system, so my views may be different to your own using placidus...

Claire19

I'll start with an example. Years ago I had an experience which has changed my way of being. I have become an another person.

Later I noticed that at that time the distance between my natal Sun and Moon and between progressed Sun and Moon was the same, only in the opposite direction.

Namely, my Moon in Gemini and Sun in Libra are 129 degrees apart. The experience I mentioned occured when my progressed Sun was in Scorpio and Moon in Pisces, exactly 129 degrees apart.

I never heard about these things, but I feel there must be something on that.

You will find that when there are natal aspects to the planets as well as progressions that something significant occurs. In air signs it would be more intellectual or your way of thinking.....Were your parents involved in some way??? Without natal chart aspects involved no progression will be significant and people forget that.....Always our birth chart has to be involved and triggered off. It is the nature of prediction and future trends and in that way I guess can be fated...

Claire19

I dont use quincunxes with transits and progressions....but others may. If there is quincunx being hit off natally at the same time with same planets then maybe... It is an aspect of chronic maladjustment and needs to be handled and managed and can be very irritating and frustrating. Often manifests as health issue.

Progressed Moon sextile or trine Jupiter
“A warm expanse of emotional growth is underway, even though you may not be noticing it. It's naturally easier to reach out and be inclusive without being obtrusive, adding to your own inner life as you give to others. Generosity is its own reward, especially when you don't ask for one, and it will come back to you at just the right time. Anticipating the wants and needs of others can be your ticket to success at a time like this. Travel, reading, and education broaden your horizons and bring opportunity.”
http://cafeastrology.com/progressedmoonaspects.html

Prog moon shows an inner change or awareness. Natal Moon shows where you give and receive nurturance. North Node shows * Life Lessons* where and how, which I covered earlier…

Ruler of the Ninth House in the Fifth House
“It might be important for you to teach your children, or even children in general, your philosophies on life. You believe in the power of giving love. Travel, or some kind of expressed through your creative abilities”.
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm#hr9

T Saturn square natal venus shows relationship either becoming more serious or ending, being short of finances and feeling unloved. T Saturn square natal sun may well have depleted your energies, knocked your confidence in personal values/beliefs and earning potential (2nd house)

T Jupiter trine MC from late first could suggest travel for work, potential earnings. Jupiter below the horizon would not be considered *on the rise*

Prog Saturn conj natal Pluto in the house of communications, could suggest restructuring thoughts, communications and transformations. The natal conjunction can add ambition hard working ethics, but also a streak of ruthlessness about how you get what you want.

I dont use quincunxes with transits and progressions....but others may. If there is quincunx being hit off natally at the same time with same planets then maybe... It is an aspect of chronic maladjustment and needs to be handled and managed and can be very irritating and frustrating. Often manifests as health issue.

I wouldn't describe quincunx as 'chronic' and sometimes they remain subconscious and hard to identify with, but at *some point* integration, however unlikely will happen. It could suggest one of those ahhh hah moments.

I think with progressions they are important as an internal shift of possibly misunderstandings, but there was a 'double whammy' going on here

I think in this case it was poignant, but could be down to slightly different things than OP was connecting though