whats more sensitive, a water moon or AC?

teafortwo

Ok my case is also,I believe suitable for the topik. I have a Asc canser, but the 1h empty and my moon in Aries in 10h.
I am the case that everyone like to say that I have no feelings and for many years people call me insensitive person,which is not excactlly far away from the truth. By that I am very logical for someone with not a bit air in my chart-seriously nothing. I definattely feel uncomfortable with emotional people and yes I believe extremelly about my self that I can control my feelings.But I have to admit that I am quite sensitive to others people mood If someone is agry I can understand it very well.

Maybe that's a moon in aries (or any fire sign) thing when moon isn't in a house associated with water such as 4,8,12. My moon is also in aries and I hate dealing with emotional people because with moon in aries I find im emotionally satisfied when I have my way/deal with a situation quickly and emotions just get in the way of quick solutions.

JUPITERASC

Ok, so is this based on your own observations and/or experience?

Thank you for your efforts,

B
brett, according to your own observations and/or experience
would you agree
and/or
disagree
that any water moon and any water ascendant has a planetary ruler :smile:

brett

Dear Jupiterasc,

If one wants to stand in complete integrity and truly know if a water ascendant has a planetary ruler or not, from my point of view, I think it needs to be tested trough most importantly progressions to see if appropriate life events correlated to the planetary ruler of the ascendant are activated. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not, but through patient observations of different charts one starts to see connections and thus being able to draw independent conclusions based on observations.

So from my perspective its not about agreeing or not for the sake of agreement/disagreement, its about whats true or not based on facts (information with authenticity), and when thats being said- yes my experience has clearly demonstrated that there are planetary rulers. Thats why its important for me that statements are anchored in facts and observations and not in mainstream astrological belief systems that often have proved to be wrong if I am going to take them seriously into consideration.

Thank you for reading and I hope I have made my perspective more clear as I am trying to understand yours as well,

B

JUPITERASC

Dear Jupiterasc,

If one wants to stand in complete integrity and truly know if a water ascendant has a planetary ruler or not,
Planetary rulers have been in use for thousands of years and so are well tested brett
from my point of view, I think it needs to be tested trough most importantly progressions
to see if appropriate life events correlated to the planetary ruler of the ascendant are activated.
Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not,
Often members mention that a long-expected transit has not resulted in an event
that's not unusual when one is using only transits

Since quite rightly you require testing
then test the following technique
When assessing events for a particular year, find the Yearly Profection ruler
that planet is intensified for the Year of the Yearly Profection only
and so
transits to a planet that is not Yearly Profection ruler frequently fail to materialise :smile:

but through patient observations of different charts
one starts to see connections and thus being able to draw independent conclusions based on observations.

So from my perspective its not about agreeing or not for the sake of agreement/disagreement,
its about whats true or not based on facts (information with authenticity), and when thats being said- yes my experience has clearly demonstrated
that there are planetary rulers.
Thats why its important for me that statements are anchored in facts and observations
and not in mainstream astrological belief systems
that often have proved to be wrong if I am going to take them seriously into consideration

Thank you for reading and I hope I have made my perspective more clear as I am trying to understand yours as well,

B
Quite so

brett

Planetary rulers have been in use for thousands of years and so are well tested brett

Often members mention that a long-expected transit has not resulted in an event
that's not unusual when one is using only transits

Since quite rightly you require testing
then test the following technique
When assessing events for a particular year, find the Yearly Profection ruler
that planet is intensified for the Year of the Yearly Profection only
and so
transits to a planet that is not Yearly Profection ruler frequently fail to materialise :smile:

Quite so

Jupiterasc,

Im only talking about progressions for a correct chart, not transits.

Last edited:

brett

Check Yearly Profected ruler when talking about progressions as well :smile:

Jupiterasc, This is the problem from my perspective, I still don't know if this or your other contributions are coming from your own observations or from other sources, thus making it hard for me to value the authenticity(information) of your contributions that I anyway sincerely believe comes from a pure intent of helping other people out, right?

Please feel free,

B

JUPITERASC

Jupiterasc, This is the problem from my perspective,
I still don't know if this or your other contributions are coming from your own observations or from other sources,
thus making it hard for me to value the authenticity(information) of your contributions
that I anyway sincerely believe comes from a pure intent of helping other people out, right?

Please feel free,
B
your comment clearly applies to all members of our forum equally and not just myself.
ours is an astrological learning forum
and all of us members are encouraged to test out for ourselves the ideas posted by other members
Obviously feel free to check the veracity of not only my contributions
but also the veracity of all other members contributions on our forum for yourself brett :smile:

Oddity

Jupiterasc, This is the problem from my perspective, I still don't know if this or your other contributions are coming from your own observations or from other sources, thus making it hard for me to value the authenticity(information) of your contributions that I anyway sincerely believe comes from a pure intent of helping other people out, right?

Please feel free,

B

If it helps any, Brett, profections are really easy to check, it's just counting, no maths involved. Also probably pretty easy to assess if it was a year, when, say, Mercury stuff, and stuff related to the houses Mercury rules were a major theme.

So I guess if you don't believe when other people suggest it, you could try it for yourself, because it'll only take you thirty seconds or so. If you find it works - great. If not, you haven't wasted much time.

brett

If it helps any, Brett, profections are really easy to check, it's just counting, no maths involved. Also probably pretty easy to assess if it was a year, when, say, Mercury stuff, and stuff related to the houses Mercury rules were a major theme.

So I guess if you don't believe when other people suggest it, you could try it for yourself, because it'll only take you thirty seconds or so. If you find it works - great. If not, you haven't wasted much time.

Oddity, my view is broader then and not limited to planetary rulers. When you are aligning your intentions to bring genuine value trough an astrological practice, from my point of view, the intent behind many of the mainstream belief systems start to become more clear and thus the relevancy of questioning becomes more important. But as experience has shown, you can only align your own intent and let that lead, and let other show their intents trough their actions. The intent will in the end show up and thats hopefully when people are ready and willing to embrace a positive knowledge-expanding intent that serves to benefit all, if they so chose to make that choice according to their free will.

Thank you for reading and have a good day,

B

Fay

Water :moon: is definitely more sensitive than water Ascendant. The most sensitive water :moon: is :cancer: :moon: and the least sensitive is :scorpio: :moon:.

I have :moon::cancer: and my husband is :moon::scorpio:

I thought he was the more sensitive one.
Maybe it is a different kind of sensitive.
He is a bit of a brooder and rarely wants to talk about feelings.
I am a bit more open and almost demanding about my "feelings".
One thing for sure he is much more private. Of the two of us he has a much easier time getting over anger than I do when it comes down to it. However, he has his ups and downs and his downs seem far more severe and real than mine.

Overall between the two of us this house is a moody mess on a fairly regular basis...haha!
:scorpioimg::cancerimg:

Both of us have air sign for AC (Gemini for me and Libra for him), so all this mood stuff has to be the moon!

Last edited:

david starling

The Asc. is precisely about "who you are " when you're alone; the M.C. is about who you present yourself to be when you're with others. The exception is when you're with a true friend who lets you be yourself (your Asc. self). That being said, a Water Asc. means you're extremely aware of emotions at all times; whereas the Moon-sign is about what sort of emotions you prefer, and attempt to evoke in others. Feeling emotionally sensitive is Asc. Expressing it is Lunar. So, both Asc. and moon in water would be the most emotionally sensitive combo.

Last edited:

complexpiscean

Totally new to this but I can say, without any doubt, that I am the most sensitive/emotional person I know. My moon is in Taurus which I have yet to understand or come to terms with because I have very little common sense and do not feel emotionally stable. Whenever I read the description of a Pisces rising, I feel that it describes me personally. My moon is in my second house and Jupiter in my twelfth house. My sun is on the Leo-Virgo cusp on the side of Virgo.

Lin

The OP has never returned to this thread. Doesn't seem as tho she was really interested in the answer......
glad others got something out of it.
but very rude to not return or acknowledge replies.
LIN

RisingSag

Hi Lin,
My apologies! I think I lack an undeestanding of message board ettiquette. I'm realizing theres some give and take. I have a Pisces moon which is sooo sensitive. I had crossed paths with someone whose chart was prominently air signs. His rising was Cancer, and I wondered if he could jive with me on an emotional level, not just the mental/physical.
In this particular experience, i felt like the more emotional one. We had strong aspects, matching oppositions, of the mental and sexual nature and strong saturn glue holding it together. I wondered how it would play out. I guess my bfs need a bit more of water in their charts than just the rising sign:)

RisingSag

On a personal level, my asc is Sag, and my moon is Pisces. I think I come across as Sag first and When people get to know me, the pisces moon comes out.
I can relate to both. I appreciate my rising more sometimes, because I feel very thin skinned, emotionally. I really do think the fish is the perfect animal to represent Pisces. Sag is all about fun and energy, and I appreciate those experiences more, but feel like that part of me is a bit watered down.
The upside of Pisces moon is i can connect with people who are feeling vulnerable, and theres times i can really help people by understanding them, and accepting them, when theyre at a very hard to reach place.

Water moon definitely.

I'm no where close to as sensitive as a water moon because of my earth moon - Taurus, but am a Pisces rising.

I easily offend more sensitive people, so yeah.. definitely moon, heck i would say they are more sensitive than just the sun sign.

On a personal level, my asc is Sag, and my moon is Pisces. I think I come across as Sag first and When people get to know me, the pisces moon comes out.
I can relate to both. I appreciate my rising more sometimes, because I feel very thin skinned, emotionally. I really do think the fish is the perfect animal to represent Pisces. Sag is all about fun and energy, and I appreciate those experiences more, but feel like that part of me is a bit watered down.
The upside of Pisces moon is i can connect with people who are feeling vulnerable, and theres times i can really help people by understanding them, and accepting them, when theyre at a very hard to reach place.

I'm outwardly nice, a bit mysterious and sweet, but within is a mountain of strength and endurance, so the opposite really.

wishfish

[QUOTE When you are alone and by yourself, your ASC loses it's influence. ASC is only relevant for outward focus, especially in co-creative endeavors. If you are just for yourself in private or with someone where you can let your hair down, then the Moon and the 4th House are more relevant.[/QUOTE]

interesting point! imo at least Cancer Ascendant is much more fragile and moody than Cancer Moon. don't know about others.