What's Going On Astrologically?

Maries

What's going on now astrologically that religious fundamentalism is so prevalent? And I'm not just talking about Moslem extremists! We have a Christian Fundamentalist president and the pope recently made some comment about Catholicism being the "true faith". Obviously this newly (relatively newly) elected pope is a more conservative pope than his predecessor. Why the religious fanaticism all of a sudden?

Maries

Lunar Pisces

Maries said:
What's going on now astrologically that religious fundamentalism is so prevalent? And I'm not just talking about Moslem extremists! We have a Christian Fundamentalist president and the pope recently made some comment about Catholicism being the "true faith". Obviously this newly (relatively newly) elected pope is a more conservative pope than his predecessor. Why the religious fanaticism all of a sudden?

Maries

Sorry to inform you but the Catholic Church has always taught that while all faiths may contain truth, the Catholic Church possesses a greater "fullness" of the truth. John Paul II did teach this too, although perhaps he was more sensitive to the ecumenical angle than Benedict. I'm a Catholic and this isn't fanaticism, unless you mean to say all of Christianity is fanaticism (in which case, you have a personal problem, and I can't help you).

It's simply that the Catholic Church believes it has a certain historical claim as the Apostolic Church, the church founded by Jesus' Apostles. Since we believe that Jesus is God's Word made flesh, he is above all other religious teachers and is in fact the fullness of truth in his personhood. So we believe that following him through the Apostolic tradition is the closest we can be in this life to that personhood and fullness of the truth.

I'm not asking you to beleive that - that's just what we believe, and have always believed.

Maries

I inquired of this forum what was going on astrologically at this time because of the lean toward fundamantalism. Knew there was something going on with the stars at this time.
Did not mean to offend by saying Pope Benedict was a "fanatic." Bad choice of words. I don't think Benedict is a fanatic. Sorry. In fact, what you said about the "fullness of Catholicism"-- I myself argued to someone who claimed the pope said one had to be Catholic to go to heaven. I told her he never said that-- at least about Christian non-Catholics. Every religion believes their beliefs are true-- it is the nature of organized religion!
HOWEVER-- this pope does seem to be more conservative that John Paul II and, as I said, religion in general appears to have gone into a more conservative direction.

(In his recent statement, he only talks of non-Catholic Christians. He never said anything about non-Christians: Jews, Moslems, Buddhists, etc.) What does he say about them?

Maries

despierta

This is not to be disrespectful but we should start by studying history and putting our religious beliefs within a historical context. I was born a catholic but it does not mean the catholic church has the whole truth. Please verify historically the beginnings of the catholic church and also, thereafter. What is truly important is not the Church but living in a truly spiritual way. So lets start living it so that we can really affect positively unbalanced religious attitudes.

Last edited: