What shows how we attract partners, i.e. "dating strategies"?

AVisitor

I thought that Venus represented how we find or court partners. But Venus is simply what we like as a partner. If I'm a man, Venus shows the woman I'm after. But does it show how I actually attract these women, i.e. my dating strategies?

Dating sites and school/work (traditional venues) have never worked well for me. I'm a 41-year-old man and wondering what I should focus on to find women better.

(Note: This got posted in "Aspects & Configurations," but if it's a more general Natal question, maybe this should be moved there.)

Last edited:

waybread

First of all, take a look at your natal chart. Would you like to post it? (The ones on the free charts pages at Astrodienst www.astro.com are the most legible.) Your chart would probably reveal some barriers that you feel internally that inhibit your finding your ideal woman and settling down. For instance, Saturn in the 7th house or Capricorn on the cusp of the 7th house suggest delays in forming relationships.

Then what are your interests and passions? Your chart should say something about them. It's probably best to find someone in a friendly non-dating venue first, like taking a night school class, volunteering, or joining a club. That way there's no pressure and you can meet women in a relaxed setting.

In a heterosexual man's chart, Venus says something about his ideal woman. In anybody's chart, the sign on the 7th house cusp and its ruling planet say something about his ideal partner. This doesn't mean that his dream girl will have planetary placements in these signs: just that the attributes of these signs appeal to him. For example, someone with Venus in Sagittarius or Sagittarius on the 7th house cusp will probably be attracted to an outgoing, optimistic woman who enjoys mind-expanding activities such as travel. So this would suggest that he look for a travel club or singles cruise, maybe taking an evening course in Italian at the local college, as a place to meet eligible women.

Conversely, if the man's Venus or 7th house cusp is in Taurus, he might look for someone who enjoys gardening or singing in a local choir. Why? Because Venus rules the fine arts generally, Taurus rules singing, and Taurus is an earth sign. These suggest the types of venues where he might meet Ms. Right.

Above all, realize that there's nothing wrong with being single. It may not be your preferred state, but it beats being in a miserable relationship, any day of the week.

wan

Look at your Mars. It's how we go after what we desire. It's hugely simplied of course but it provides a good starting point.

LostNOzarks

I thought that Venus represented how we find or court partners. But Venus is simply what we like as a partner. If I'm a man, Venus shows the woman I'm after. But does it show how I actually attract these women, i.e. my dating strategies?

Dating sites and school/work (traditional venues) have never worked well for me. I'm a 41-year-old man and wondering what I should focus on to find women better.

(Note: This got posted in "Aspects & Configurations," but if it's a more general Natal question, maybe this should be moved there.)
This is age old question. Mars shows who we are attracted to and Venus shows how we are attractive to others. Mercury is most important, I believe.