What makes a liar?

junetown

Can a tendency to lie (or even extreme lying such as the pathological kind) be found in natal charts?

What about people who are more inclinded to be deceitful in general?

And even better! What about people who have a tendency to tell unbelievable and untrue stories? (ex: telling people you're a cancer survivor when you're not.)

And what about people who are able to detect a liar or story teller? Intuitive? Or perhaps experience ... I was once a lying/story telling/deceitful person (during young adolesence), and upon getting over that phase I discovered I can usually tell when people are yanking my chain with bogus stories.

Is that too many questions? I have 1000 more, I'm just going to put up the ones I think I'll have a hard time finding answers to.

astro.teacher

Deceit, fraud, lying, all products of an evil Mercury (either Essentially debilitated, or Accidentally placed in bad places of the chart). You can be sure that the worse state Mercury is in, especially when mixed with other Planets (Saturn or Mars especially) can produce prolific liars and cheats.

As for someone who can discover such liars, good Mercury placement as well as Jupiter (being ruler of Judges) can indicate people who discover deceit easily. Does that answer your question?

Last edited by a moderator:

junetown

thank you! i was so curious, lol. mercury sounds like a nasty little punk when placed poorly.

i have millions of questions and fun astrology ideas but i'm gonna try and ease them in, instead of overwhelming the masses.

archergirl

I don't have a 'good' Mercury placement, but I have Mercury in Capricorn in the 12th house squaring Uranus in the 8th (and a well-placed Jupiter in Scorpio in the 9th house). I have a well-honed ability to 'read' people, and can generally tell when someone's trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Mercury/Neptune aspects make for excellent 'stretchers of the truth'. My brother-in-law has a Mer/Nep square; he's a great guy, but he walks the near line to being a con-artist.

AG:)

smilingsteph

To start out....I would never lie to hurt anyone, but I am **** good at convincing people!!!
Indications of liars:
Good gemini placements....(more superficial stuff)
Mercury to pluto placements...(people are more apt to be mesmorized about what is said, words are very powerful and convincing)

prettypiscesxoxo

I think there is a "fine" line b/t being an excellent LIAR & having an excelent imagination...a great con artist could be a good novelist & vice versa- I think somebody who tells lies have more to do with MORALS & upbringing & life experience than a chart, however- there are clues- For example.

I have a grand air trine/kite with GEMINI moon (H9, I have traveled a lot) opposing neptune H3 (a great placement for "writers" - the lower extension consists of a sextile b/t mercury (aquarius H5, another writer placement)
, PLuto, & neptune - the chart shows talents with words & a predisposition to telling "white lies" at the very least-

But I CHOOSE not to lie even though I could get away with it...:59:
Don't know if that makes any sense...I think MUTABLE signs are more apt to lie since we are more "flexibl"- luckily I have Mercury in Aquarius, I think that makes me a more honest person & my libra rising adds to my ability to play fair...besides gettign out of a lie is much harder that creating one:rolleyes:

AquaScorpio

Hmm...well is a Mercury in Aquarius in the 11th house good or bad? I'd like to say it's good but I'm not sure. I know the Aquarius is a friendly if detatched sign and the 11th house is the house of relationships with friends, teachers etc. But then again I'm no expert.

Reason I ask is because in my younger years, I was so afraid to get in trouble, especially from my mom, that I'd lie and jus dig myself into deeper holes. Now older I'm completely different, and unafraid of anything. Weird...

blueheron

junetown said:
Can a tendency to lie (or even extreme lying such as the pathological kind) be found in natal charts?

What about people who are more inclinded to be deceitful in general?

And even better! What about people who have a tendency to tell unbelievable and untrue stories? (ex: telling people you're a cancer survivor when you're not.)

And what about people who are able to detect a liar or story teller? Intuitive? Or perhaps experience ... I was once a lying/story telling/deceitful person (during young adolesence), and upon getting over that phase I discovered I can usually tell when people are yanking my chain with bogus stories.

Is that too many questions? I have 1000 more, I'm just going to put up the ones I think I'll have a hard time finding answers to.

Mercury afflicted by Mars (conjunction, square, or oppostion,) can show a liar. Neptune squaring Sun, Moon, and/or rising can show a confused person who may think he/she needs to deceive in order to survive, but not a delibrate liar.

My .02 sense...
sherlock.gif

astro.teacher....you have just confirmed for me, that i do indeed see the truth and can pick a lie.....i have jupiter in pisces in the 2nd and merc in joy in the 1st, in aqua.....not too bad...they get me through, although until now i have seriously doubted myself....just checked a few peoples charts that i have thought to be liars......lots of merc saturn and mars conjunctions.....hmmm....your definitely onto something.....

Morghana Stellara

Only my opinion, Steph, but I would think Jupiter in hard aspect to Mercury, Sun, or Neptune would give one a tendency to exaggerate the truth. Not to lie, but simply to exaggerate the truth.

dunno smiling steph, but jupiter is a judge somewhat.....dont have much more to say about it.......sorry

Hey, dont know why saturn and merc would make a liar, but it seems pretty spot on, when i look at some charts of people i know......take a gander at some charts of people you know and tell us what ou think

Alstroemeria

Having an exact Mercury-Jupiter square, I have yet to see how it plays out in my personality. I suppose I do exaggerate details sometimes, especially when it makes a story more entertaining.

salix288

astro.teacher said:
You can be sure that the worse state Mercury is in, especially when mixed with other Planets (Saturn or Mars especially) can produce prolific liars and cheats.

[non-astrological comments deleted - Modertator] Based on my experience, Saturn is more likely negatively to make one slow in response/communication and slow to make decisions, if it comes out negatively at all, because it tends to create scientists too.

Last edited by a moderator:
salix288 said:
I'm so happy to tell you how WRONG you are about Mercury with Saturn, I have that CONJUNCT and according to you that would make a prolific liar and cheat. HAH. I hate lying, liars, and I would suck if I told a lie. Saturn is more likely negatively to make one slow in response/communication and slow to make decisions, if it comes out negatively at all, because it tends to create scientists too.

I have looked back over some charts of people i have known and i have found this conjunctions interp from astro.teacher to be true from where i stand....perhaps it is differnt for you, from your angle, having the conjunction as opposed to seeing it from the outside .....I'd like to think i have it wrong, and it is quite possible that what you say about slow communication is true.....but i am struggling believing it isnt a way to be looking at this aspect.....

blueheron

Alstroemeria said:
Having an exact Mercury-Jupiter square, I have yet to see how it plays out in my personality. I suppose I do exaggerate details sometimes, especially when it makes a story more entertaining.

My experience is that the Jupiter square isn't necessarily an exaggeration thing, but more like being overly optimistic, or inappropriately enthusiastic. Also, arrogance can be seen, especially with the Sun, Moon, or rising.

Originally Posted by astro.teacher
You can be sure that the worse state Mercury is in, especially when mixed with other Planets (Saturn or Mars especially) can produce prolific liars and cheats.

Mars maybe, but Saturn, I don't think so. Saturn gives form and structure to thinking, and often shows a keen mind. Can show mental depression. But not a liar per se. There would have to be other supporting aspects in the chart to draw this conclusion.

Mars maybe, but Saturn, I don't think so. Saturn gives form and structure to thinking, and often shows a keen mind. Can show mental depression. But not a liar per se. There would have to be other supporting aspects in the chart to draw this conclusion.
Do you not think with form and structure, a person could become a very conscious and thoughtful liar? i see mars to be a more impulsive influence,,,,,and impulse does not contain any forethought does it?....hmmm....just some thoughts

Buttercup

The biggest liar I know has mercury in virgo square neptune in sagittarius. The mercury in virgo makes her very charming and particularly dangerous. I have also heard the mercury in sagittarius and moon in sagittarius are prone to lying and deceit.