What is your philosophy of life?

Moog

Broad topic. I'm interested in knowing if you adhere to a particular philosophical view, and if you could explain it to us. I wonder also how much Astrology has had an effect in shaping your worldviews.

byjove

Account Closed
Ha! I think we fly on the same wavelength...!

I'm very philosophical, perhaps too much. I look for the why in everything.

Influences? I remember distinctly my uncle showing my videos and pictures and telling me stories of holidays afar when I was very young. I met him again recently and he's doing the same. It inspired me while quite young. It brought me to Buddhism, and something special about that religion for me is how I had so many of those ideas in my head when I first came to read books on it. There wouldn't me much 'conversion' if you already followed many of the main principles. I've been very interested and adoring of Eastern cultures generally. China, India, Thailand...so much more. I have lost the desire to try to explain why - it's not a matter of reason or eloquence, I think both would fail to explain. It just is.

I know that I've a very philosophical mind because at every junction I've principles and rules for myself. I don't push or expect others to follow my line, but people can go so far astray that it would make friendship difficult. People's attitudes to other people, money and sex particularly affect how I see them and what potential friendship/relationship is possible. I find most young people can't even understand philosophy or spiritualism and it's a divide between me and them.

To my friends I can be too mercenary, to businesspeople I can be too fair and considerate. I'm all of that and try to balance it. I'll put a full stop there until I can more clearly sum things up or am sparked by debate! :biggrin:

powerion

this picture

Attachments

• Genki Sudo Buddy Huggins we are one.jpg
    Genki Sudo Buddy Huggins we are one.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 12

MaeMae

Banned
I'm not sure mine is a philosophy or a practice, but all I believe and hope for about life is self-acceptance. To breathe my last breath being at peace with myself ~ quieted and comforted by love and forgiveness from God.
Seems to require a lot of work, which is why it's my primary occupation.

Ben

Banned
Currently -

In principle, it is to be true to myself, without (intentionally) harming others.

In practice, it is to always be honest, open and direct with others - without ever being (intentionally) brutal or condescending.

In reality, it is to accept that "I am only human" but to aspire to be a saint in my relationships with others.

ptolomy

My knowledge of Astrology and seeing the path of the sun over vast periods of time,and the fact that we are all on this planet following the same major directive of this sun/planet long body pattern shows me that we are all one,That this fact is undeniable tells me that we must all help each other as much as we can because we are from the same source.My downfall is everyone elses downfall,My progress is for everyone elses progress.We fail if we follow a life solely concerned with self and ego,We all ascend when we act from conscience for the benefit of others.
I wish all of you the most perfect path,All the love,knowledge,consideration and care you need,And that you spread this desire to everyone,even to the most despicable beings on this planet in the hope that they will one day wake up and become one with us all.And that we finally ascend to higher levels of consciousness for the greater good of all humankind.
Onwards and upwards into the clear light beautiful spirits :)

The planets are deities (with intelligence) guiding the affairs of humans. Fate exists. Fate pertains to the karma of the organism and not to the "I."

Some humans have developed will (free-will) but most do not use it.

The "I" is one. Beings are plural. Beings destroy other beings for their survival. The I-sense identifies with mind/body. The "I" is not the body. The "I" is the awareness which is the substratum of the universe(s).

Beings kill to live. Karma is continuously being perpetuated.

From the individual perspective we are killing other beings (plants, animals, other human competitors) for our survival. From the universal "I" perspective it is impossible to kill or be killed.

Anyone who identifies with the mind/body and who does not eat food in an offering to that spirit and to god(s) is a murderer. Those few who do not identify with are free and unstained by karma.

People who live only to serve themselves, are already dead. The ability to communicate telepathically and to see the future and the past (all of it) were normal in the original days. Contemporary humans have closed themselves off and are living for themselves and they have lost the meaning of life and of living for the future generations and for all species. Today people want to indulge in desire and they no longer worship the ancestors and the gods. Time is moving faster and humans are degenerating and have degenerated from what they were in the first days.

It is only a matter of time now before it is finished. The earth will shake off this disease, perhaps in our lifetime, and the DJ will put on a new track and a new cycle will begin again, a new golden age.

Last edited:

Just Jen

Currently -

In principle, it is to be true to myself, without (intentionally) harming others.

In practice, it is to always be honest, open and direct with others - without ever being (intentionally) brutal or condescending.

In reality, it is to accept that "I am only human" but to aspire to be a saint in my relationships with others.

This pretty much sums it up. :)

retinoid

People who live only to serve themselves, are already dead. The ability to communicate telepathically and to see the future and the past (all of it) were normal in the original days. Contemporary humans have closed themselves off and are living for themselves and they have lost the meaning of life and of living for the future generations and for all species. Today people want to indulge in desire and they no longer worship the ancestors and the gods. Time is moving faster and humans are degenerating and have degenerated from what they were in the first days..

I think you are romanticizing humanity's past. Humans have always looked after themselves and sometimes their families. Things have not changed and they won't change until we perhaps evolve spiritually (not sure if this is possible or what and how this occurs). But don't be so pessimistic.

I think you are romanticizing humanity's past. Humans have always looked after themselves and sometimes their families. Things have not changed and they won't change until we perhaps evolve spiritually (not sure if this is possible or what and how this occurs). But don't be so pessimistic.

Sometimes pessimism happens and then it leaves again like a cloud passing through the sky. I personally am not invested in always remaining pessimistic. Thank you for reminding.

The mind is on the one hand like a reducing valve, in that, for example, our vision only recognizes a small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, i.e. visible light. Matter is energy, but our senses perceive certain types of matter as though it were "physical" or "solid," when in fact we know it is merely vibrations of "energy" with huge amounts of space in between the energy waves or "particles."

The mind is also like a radio in that we can change the channel to different stations or points of awareness and this fundamentally changes the perceptions and sense of being. One can travel through intergalactic "space" and through "time," by changing the station. No rocket ships are needed for this. This can occur through various means including certain meditation techniques and through shamanic training of certain types.

Therefore, one person's perceptions and understanding of what exists and who one is and what it means to be human, etc., can be fundamentally altered and differ from another person's worldview and understanding.

In the early ages of humanity humans were able to understand what they were in reality, and they were all "plugged into the Universal Mind;" humans understood the language of the birds and animals and could hear the fish singing their praises onto their creators.

The fish knew they were God and they were only in the form of a fish for a period of what we call "time." They willingly allowed their forms to be eaten by other beings and discarded their bodies like we discard worn out clothing.

As time quickened and the 'physical' world became more "dense," humans began to be cut off from the Source. This was when suffering began.

These words are not meant to convert you to my way of thinking. I would not expect you to believe a certain sequence of words stitched together. There exists many truths and I am expressing only small portions of but a few.

I understand words and the stitching together of words. The word is not the thing. The finger pointing to the Moon is not the Moon.

I am telling you secrets which are found at the base of numerous ancient sources, to encourage those who will, to seek and eventually you will find.

Some truths need to be experienced in order to be known.

The true meaning of "know thyself" is not known by people who only live in the realms of words and the stitching together of words. The logos is not understood by numerous contemporary people who call themselves philosophers.

When Pythagoras went to Egypt to learn, he was already one of the most educated persons in the world, from the ordinary point of view and from his own point of view. The "knowers" would not let him enter their mystery school until he had performed a certain meditation for 40 days. Pythagoras was offended and disgruntled they would not accept him as he was; he thought that if he was not qualified to enter as he was, then who could be? - this is typical scholarly arrogance. After performing that meditation technique for 40 days, he knew why it was a necessary prerequisite for being allowed to become a student of that school, because it changed his level or place of being, in preparation for him to become educated at another level of "reality."

One will never enter the mysteries of Truth through typical modern schools and universities. The mode of teaching is in error and the teachers themselves consist of "ordinary Iron Age beings" or those who do not know.

Reality is far stranger and wondrous than what is known through intellect and through 'ordinary reality.'

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

My general philosophy in life that has remained more or less unchanged, is that life is one big lesson. Sag rising. Every single experience can be learned from (empowered) rather than suffered (dis-empowered). Though, my philosophy could be flavoured right now by my Pluto square Pluto transit :cool:

My general philosophy in life that has remained more or less unchanged, is that life is one big lesson. Sag rising. Every single experience can be learned from (empowered) rather than suffered (dis-empowered). Though, my philosophy could be flavoured right now by my Pluto square Pluto transit :cool:

It seems like it is helpful to recognize how we are each unique and this will affect our philosophy of life and how we express ourselves (and our current philosophy of life) at any given moment; as you said: could be flavoured by the Pluto transit.

Can you explain further what you mean by: learned from (empowered) vs. suffered (dis-empowered)?

I think I understand but not sure which way you were going with it.

"Sometimes we need to lance an ulcer in order to heal it." - Rumi

Suffering has the possibility of encouraging growth.

Neptune Rising

"Sometimes we need to lance an ulcer in order to heal it." - Rumi

Suffering has the possibility of encouraging growth.

Yes indeed, I love the essence of Rumi.

By saying 'suffering', I mean't that in the 'victim' term rather than viewing life as a bed of roses. Sure, we all do suffer from time to time, through the dissolving of our dreams, illusions, egos and other things... But, in my own life view, I take these instances as learning experiences rather than seeing them as having 'done me wrong'. I've been there, done that, learnt from it and still learning from it. :biggrin:

Lightrider

I believe life is The Universe's will to exist, which is manifested in all of us. I believe The Universe's existence is real just like mine and we all exist for a purpose. Our only task is to fulfill our role in life so this way we can contribute to the purpose of The Universe.

astrologer1991

My philosophy in life is to help others astrologically and be helped by other Astrologers better than me.
I hope all astrologers are doing a great job by helping the needy persons..
i have read a few discussions here and was amazed by the knowledge of a few astrologers.
thank you

Ion

Broad topic. I'm interested in knowing if you adhere to a particular philosophical view, and if you could explain it to us. I wonder also how much Astrology has had an effect in shaping your worldviews.

'Metaphysics' is (contains) my philosophical beliefs.
'Metaphysics' embodies the notion that 'reality' is 'inter-active' , meaning that 'thinking' and accompanying beliefs do in-fact shape our experience, and ALL is governed by 'Natural Law'.

Any 'identity' that we may assume is a 'fiction' , other than our 'real identity' which is a 'creative consciousness' who exists outside of space/time.

As 'creative consciousness' we 'assume' (choose) the limitations of the form which we have chosen to temporarily 'become'. We can change the parameters of the form but NOT the essential form itself ... in other words, 'Human' is a 'form' and to 'be human' operates within specific parameters that limit us to the 'human experience'. . . until we consciously choose something else.

My three primary 'tools' are :
astrology - alchemy - and love .

astrology provides the 'wiring diagram' of the psyche in relationship to 'the outer universe' - alchemy provides the belief (and methods) that we can 'become something else' - and 'love' is the context which enables us to 'change the channel'.

The natural flow of 'Nature' is rooted in loving kindness and our surrender to that flow 'unfolds' us , restores us and protects us.

The 'foe' , as a human-being , is 'consensus based reality' and much of metaphysics is , initially , designed to remove the chains of consensus reality beliefs' (i.e. Darwin , contemporary organized religion [not scripture, but imposed interpretations] , mundane physics , etc.). Additionally , consensus-reality , typically , scoffs at transcendental beliefs and the metaphysical tools (astrology, etc.) of transcendental (non-material) evolution.

We are 'shape-shifters' , 'time-travelers' and 'children of the Gods/Goddesses' . . . and the 'illusions of material reality' can be compelling and last indefinitely (lifetimes) , if we 'forget' our true nature.

To put this into a clearer context (?) , I am a 12th house Sun . . . and 'my job' , this lifetime/experience , has been to 'decompile' (self undoing) my human ego and to become free of sense-based craving and the machinations of consensus-reality.

Material-sense based desires require that we (the consciousness) 'live' in a material-sense-based form (human, etc.) in-order to experience the results of our material desires. . . compared with the desire (one example) to 'astral travel' , experience bliss and 'unity' with the vast intelligence that governs the universe.

After , at least . 2000 years of 'science' ... it seems that all we really have is 'question-marks' ???? when it comes to knowing who and what we really are. For me , astrology, alchemy and 'the heart' are the 'blessed trinity' of liberation.

All 'truths' , in my opinion , are revealed to the pure of heart . . . it's not rocket-science , all that is required is an adherence to 'natural law' which is revealed to us once we make a firm decision regarding self-transformation.

best regards,
Ion