What Is This Destructive/Creative Energy I Feel?

Witchyone

I've been studying Astrology pretty earnestly the past few months. I'm not finding that it's very good for predictions, not yet at least, but I am finding that natal charts are unbelievably useful in understanding myself and those close to me better.

There is an energy I find in myself that I'm kind of proud of, but it also troubles me. I have a strong desire for destruction and regeneration. I get excited at the idea of life crises that cause complete upheaval. I always see such things as opportunities, not endings, and I wish for them. I like natural disasters and the like. I don't enjoy seeing other people suffer...it's hard to explain what excites me about destruction.

Now, I don't actually destroy things very often. I'm too solid (Taurus rising) and empathetic (Pisces Moon) to cause that much turmoil very often. But I have done it a couple times in my life, and I secretly wish for it frequently. I'm also very "all-in" and obsessive about love relationships and can get jealous. I'm equally obsessive about pet projects. I'm a writer and artist.

I don't have any strong Plutonian or Scorpio placements in my chart that I can point at to explain this. My Pluto is part of a Yod with the Moon and Mars. People seem to disagree on whether this is important. I don't really have anything in Scorpio. It's sitting at the 6th house and the cusp of the 7th.

Any ideas? People tend to read Geminis (my Sun sign) as very upbeat, and I usually am, but could this be a dark side of Gemini thing instead of a Pluto thing?

Thanks!

Oops, I think I failed to upload my chart, and now I don't see how to attach.
Hoping this image is visible:
astro_2gw_01_rach.54348.22510.gif

Last edited:

katydid

Sounds like the perfect description of a Moon/Mars/Pluto yod.

Your Pluto is very pronounced. It is the midpoint of the Mars/Neptune trine, funneling that energy into Pluto in the 5th. It squares Saturn very tightly and Mercury sits alongside. And the Mars/Pluto sextile forms an inconjunct with the Moon, showing that Moon with powerfully ambitious, obsessive force.

Last edited:

Witchyone

Your Pluto is very pronounced. It is the midpoint of the Mars/Neptune trine, funneling that energy into Pluto in the 5th. It squares Saturn very tightly and Mercury sits alongside. And the Mars/Pluto sextile forms an inconjunct with the Moon, showing that Moon with powerfully ambitious, obsessive force.

Thanks, katydid. That was the nickname my grandfather gave me when I was little. :joyful:

Witchyone

The ascendant falls in the star Algol. Check it out

Wow. Well, that's something. !! Thanks for nothing.

Witchyone

I see my chart image expired so I'm uploading a file in case anyone else wants to give it a go.

I really enjoy this forum. First I learned about Yods, and now this Demon Star/Medusa business.

Attachments

• birth chart.PNG
    birth chart.PNG
    203.1 KB · Views: 32

Horus

The orbs for fixed stars need to be supertight like 0-1° and Algol is at 26° Taurus so I'm not convinced your ASC is under that influence, and it would be very unfortunate for you and your body if it was!

Merc square Pluto is enough to explain destructive/regenerative thoughts all by itself.

theV

The orbs for fixed stars need to be supertight like 0-1° and Algol is at 26° Taurus so I'm not convinced your ASC is under that influence, and it would be very unfortunate for you and your body if it was!

Merc square Pluto is enough to explain destructive/regenerative thoughts all by itself.

The last degree of Taurus/first degree of Gemini are known to carry destructive energies to them. I am sorry It is the Pleiades star not Algol. My mistake.

http://darkstarastrology.com/pleiades/

Alcyone Rising “The rising Pleiades are indicative of those who are homosexual, like to be flattered, and (with a poorly positioned Mercury) impudent in speech.” 4. “To have artistic or intuitive vision, but recognizing that such vision has the shadow side of giving and receiving harsh judgement” 5.

Last edited:

Witchyone

The last degree of Taurus/first degree of Gemini are known to carry destructive energies to them. I am sorry It is the Pleiades star not Algol. My mistake.

http://darkstarastrology.com/pleiades/

Alcyone Rising “The rising Pleiades are indicative of those who are homosexual, like to be flattered, and (with a poorly positioned Mercury) impudent in speech.” 4. “To have artistic or intuitive vision, but recognizing that such vision has the shadow side of giving and receiving harsh judgement” 5.

That energy is a little less frightening than the beheading/Medusa energy. Good to hear!

I'm not gay or even bi, but I am very open-minded about sex and pretty much everything and have a lot of gay friends. I have a love/hate relationship to flattery, real or overdone. The other stuff rings pretty true.

Last edited: