what is navmasa chart?

shwetarose

Hi all

i m learning to see horoscope charts from one week. knew what houses means and planets in houses. now i m bit confused...what is navmasa chart? there are natal chart which is called lagna chart in vedic astrology but also there is moon rasi chart and navmasa chart. but what significance navmasa and moon rasi charts holds???? may be synasrty chart is called navmasa chart????

kindly rectify me...

EJ53

Banned
shwetarose said:
Hi all

ihttp://www.hindudharmaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64what is navmasa chart? there are natal chart which is called lagna chart in vedic astrology but also there is moon rasi chart and navmasa chart. but what significance navmasa and moon rasi charts holds???? may be synasrty chart is called navmasa chart????

Hi Shweta,

I know nothing about vedic astrology - but, this forum might be able to help with your studies :-

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64

EJ53

Last edited:

manuu

Banned
dear shweta rose,
navamsa,is 9'th division of a sign.and there are many more minute divisional systems in vedic astrology...every degree is divided into ten parts...every sign into 300 parts.there being many other divisions before this.
navamsa is usually considered for marriage purpose.

but forget all these navamsa and other divisions .even very few astrologers have the skill to use it reliably...and you say you are only one week into astrology !.
focus on the signs and planets first.then the houses.then the aspects.
i may seem to be harsh ...but there is no other way.
you go straight after the complex systems without assimilating the basics !...you are sure to reach nowhere.
the choice is yours .do you want to end up as a large chaotic storehouse of astrology data....utterly useless
or
do you want to become a genuine practitioner with real skills ?!!

shwetarose

:):)well said manuu:) really..i m jumping straight to complex things...u r right not harsh at all...i knew little little from every part soo direct jumping though dont know the basics....thank you for the list..i m genuine in learning not tp..i will get the books which u hv recommended...

hi shwetarose

Basically the Navamsa chart is a sign division it is the one- ninth of a sign. (3:20 degrees)
Movable, fix and dual signs have their own system of occupying a sign in the navamsa.
If a planet or ascendant is in the same Rasi (Sign) and Navamsa it is said to be vargottam and it makes a planet equal to exalted one.
But the planet should not be debilitated or in inimical sign. (In my own point of view)

The Moon Rashi is the sign in which the Moon is posited. Some Astrologer use the Moon sign as ascendant and make predictions based on it.