What Happened During Your Venus Retrograde?

SagiCap

I guess this question is for the ladies. I'm about to experience this and wondering what I could possibly look forward to. Care to share? Thanks.

Hush10

I guess this question is for the ladies. I'm about to experience this and wondering what I could possibly look forward to. Care to share? Thanks.

Hi SagiCap,

Tbh, I have never been mindful of Venus going retrograde for me personally, but I'll mention a few of my thoughts on this. Btw, what houses of your chart is it hitting?

While Venus is retrograde, people tend to have to examine their values and ensure that they are not heavily conditioned copies of what their family or social circle demands of them. Some people are also forced to examine whether they feel worthy enough to give themselves pleasure or enjoyment of any kind. Those are some of the issues that come into play, though you'd need to look at the affected house(s) and Venus' sign, rulership and condition to narrow the issues down more specifically.

In a more general sense, during Venus' retrograde, be mindful of the possibility that you may be seeing your shadow reflected in your dealings with the people around you. With Venus energy, others provide a mirror for us to look into and see ourselves. If you experience direct upheaval or disturbances in your own relationships or your personal life, this may be the time for us to really evaluate how we define love, how we express it, and what we value in life.

If we become discontent and nothing appears to bring us happiness, we may need to get back in touch with our sensual, creative, beautiful, self-loving nature and begin to express it in more conscious ways. While Venus is retrograde we need to take time to re-identify what it is we value in life and how we manifest those values in the world. This could tie into a person's self-esteem as well, seeing as love for the self is just as pertinent as loving someone outside yourself.

SagiCap

Well, now I know why I didn't get too many replies - and you have been so kind enough to answer a question I didn't ask -but found just as helpful!

I meant to say "Venus Return!" Sorry. I'll re-post with the proper wording but just know the info above did help. Thank you!

Opphiucan

Wow! To the date. It was a very good time - I had stopped working out for the first time in years and just spent time enjoying my daughter, looked better than usual and started (initiated!) a relationship with someone I had liked for a while - I never do that - I can't imagine what gave me the courage. It was a good time - Actually, there must have been some other things going on to because I was very content and living in the moment - but romance wise I felt very confident!

Kannon

Well, MY lady got with me last year (19 March 2009) during Venus Rx. It was closely opp her Asc and squaring my Moon. We are now engaged (29 May 2010) and live together.

SagiCap

Wow! To the date. It was a very good time - I had stopped working out for the first time in years and just spent time enjoying my daughter, looked better than usual and started (initiated!) a relationship with someone I had liked for a while - I never do that - I can't imagine what gave me the courage. It was a good time - Actually, there must have been some other things going on to because I was very content and living in the moment - but romance wise I felt very confident!

I did something very similar as you during that last one. Thanks for posting.

Last edited: