What does the vertex and antivertex indicate in synastry?

lisa11

Is the vertex or antivertex a common aspect in negative or abusive relationships?

What is the difference between vertex and antivertex?

waybread

The vertex supposedly works like an alternative descendant. If you meet anyone during an important transit to your vertex, pay attention. It may be a fateful encounter.

Snakechammah

What about in Synastry if someone's Vertex conjunct your Ascendant/Descendant?

I know Vertex conjunct Vertex is a powerful indicator of some karmic link, but the angles or planets?

Bina

What about in Synastry if someone's Vertex conjunct your Ascendant/Descendant?

I know Vertex conjunct Vertex is a powerful indicator of some karmic link, but the angles or planets?

Vertex conjunct Descendant in synastry can indicate a relationship that feels "fated", it often occurs in married couples, and it's definitely a significant aspect in relationships.

Snakechammah

Vertex conjunct Descendant in synastry can indicate a relationship that feels "fated", it often occurs in married couples, and it's definitely a significant aspect in relationships.

What about Vertex conjunct the Ascendant, instead of the Descendant?

Bina

It would be similar, as both Asc and vertex are one end of an axis, so in that case the Descendant would conjunct the antivertex. You would feel strongly attracted to each other with this aspect.

Last edited:

Kali

. The vertex is never conjunct the ASC. It is only on the western side of the chart. The antivertex is 180 degrees from the vertex and is on the eastern side of the chart and could conjunct the ascendant, assuming vertex is conjunct the descendant.

Snakechammah

. The vertex is never conjunct the ASC. It is only on the western side of the chart. The antivertex is 180 degrees from the vertex and is on the eastern side of the chart and could conjunct the ascendant, assuming vertex is conjunct the descendant.

What do you mean the vertex never conjunct the ascendant? I have it in a synastry with someone...

picture.php