What does my chart say?

know

Hi all,
Right now in my life I want to focus only on my career and build it. But parents me are expecting me to get married, settle down and think about career later. I am confused whether I should listen to my intuition and build my career or do what I am expected to do. My aquarius IC and capricorn northnode doesnt want to settle down for mediocrity. I want to find my highest potential and live it. Am I being over confident ?

Attachments

• NATAL CHART.jpeg
    NATAL CHART.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 39

IleneK

Premium Member
I see great strength and capability in your chart with dignified Sat in Aq ruling every planet in your chart, and with your rising sign ruled by exalted Mars. So I think you can do whatever you set out to do. And I agree with AstroPunter that family life and family of origin influence is strongly emphasized in your life. But I do not see that focusing on and cultivating a career necessarily precludes marriage, family life and so on.
I believe it is up to you to decide the order in which you undertake career and family, and that you have the capability to achieve what you want in either case. I don't see your being overconfident based on the chart. I think you can do it..

Osamenor

Staff member
What kind of career are you pursuing?

With most of your placements in the third and fourth houses, I would expect to see third/fourth house themes. Those houses color all of your life. Including, probably, the kind of career you choose. If your career resonates with your chart, there's no good reason not to pursue it.

waybread

If you are still living in India, I understand there is a lot of pressure in your country for people to marry in their early-to-mid 20s. By now your family might worry that you have aged out of the prime marriage market.

The MC (10th house cusp) symbolizes both your career (vocation) and mother. Chiron conjunct your MC makes me wonder if your mother is the primary source of pressure in your life to settle down and have a conventional married and family life.

But I don't see a big emphasis on marriage in your natal chart; and your Capricorn stellium to me suggests a lot of ambition. Among other things the third house rules communications and the 4th house rules your home, but it also rules home-related activities like real estate. It could also indicate someone who prefers to work from home.

Is IT, telecommunications, or real estate a particular career focus of yours?

know

I see great strength and capability in your chart with dignified Sat in Aq ruling every planet in your chart, and with your rising sign ruled by exalted Mars. So I think you can do whatever you set out to do. And I agree with AstroPunter that family life and family of origin influence is strongly emphasized in your life. But I do not see that focusing on and cultivating a career necessarily precludes marriage, family life and so on.
I believe it is up to you to decide the order in which you undertake career and family, and that you have the capability to achieve what you want in either case. I don't see your being overconfident based on the chart. I think you can do it..
Thank you Ilenek for your encouraging words and it means a lot. As I am undergoing saturn return right now, Saturn is teaching me his lessons of discipline, perseverance. The order I want to undertake in my life is first career and then family. At this point in life, I have not explored my potentials in life and I wish to do so. For first 28 years of my life, I have settled for mediocrity, have made many compromises for the sake of others and as a result didn't have any self-confidence, self-respect, self-care and courage. I was living a 'go with the flow' life, I was basically going wherever life was taking me. Since I have a 9th house south node life took me into academics and research. I was doing it without even thinking whether I want to.
When uranus squared my midheaven(2019) and pluto transiting my capricorn stellium everything collapsed. Suddenly i discovered that I am a very passionate person. Now I can only do things which I really care about and cannot afford to be mechanical anymore....

"And I agree with AstroPunter that family life and family of origin influence is strongly emphasized in your life. " - I understand that fourth house is naturally ruled by moon and signifies one of our parents, early childhood and our roots. But I am confused here a little....

I have a cancer south node in 9th house and 3 planets(Sun, saturn and mercury ) in fourth house in aquarius. I wonder why I have a stellium in fourth house with a cancer south node? How do I understand aquarius in fourth house.....once one of my astrofriends suggested it might mean somebody who loves their homeland....

Last edited:

know

What kind of career are you pursuing?

With most of your placements in the third and fourth houses, I would expect to see third/fourth house themes. Those houses color all of your life. Including, probably, the kind of career you choose. If your career resonates with your chart, there's no good reason not to pursue it.
If you are still living in India, I understand there is a lot of pressure in your country for people to marry in their early-to-mid 20s. By now your family might worry that you have aged out of the prime marriage market.

The MC (10th house cusp) symbolizes both your career (vocation) and mother. Chiron conjunct your MC makes me wonder if your mother is the primary source of pressure in your life to settle down and have a conventional married and family life.

But I don't see a big emphasis on marriage in your natal chart; and your Capricorn stellium to me suggests a lot of ambition. Among other things the third house rules communications and the 4th house rules your home, but it also rules home-related activities like real estate. It could also indicate someone who prefers to work from home.

Is IT, telecommunications, or real estate a particular career focus of yours?
Thanks Osamenor and waybread for your replies. Right after school I wanted to write public service exams of my country and get into administration. I wanted to get into some service oriented job. I was even preparing for those exams. Slowly I started getting self doubts whether I will be able to fulfill the job requirements on one side. Other side my parents didnt actually encourage me in that field.
I cleared an exam for teaching in colleges during my postgraduation and got a scholarship for research(when jupiter was transiting my cancer south node in 9th house). I pursued research. But research didnt suit me at all.

Now I have gone back to pursuing public service exams of my country. I like the preparation process...its very mercurial. I dont know whether I will crack the exam but I want to.

"The MC (10th house cusp) symbolizes both your career (vocation) and mother. Chiron conjunct your MC makes me wonder if your mother is the primary source of pressure in your life to settle down and have a conventional married and family life."

My mother is worried that I am still not married. Is it right to get married because we are all undergoing the natural process of aging? But I don't want to get married without a job. As an aquarius fourth house I want my home life to be based on equality. I cannot live on somebody else's earnings. I want to earn my own money and if I am sharing my life with someone I want it to be based on respect and real care.

"But I don't see a big emphasis on marriage in your natal chart;" - I also feel so because libra is in my twelfth house. My seventh house lord is with northnode in the third house. Following all the social norms only frustates me...

waybread

Would it help if you drafted a 5-year plan for your life? Indecision is normal, but setting a few goals would be helpful. Where do you want your career to be in five years? Where do you want to live? What steps would you need to take to get there?

We Aquarians need a fair bit of space and independence. I've been married (twice) for over 45 years. My ex is a sun Gemini and my husband is a sun Libra. Our suns are trined. With marriage, it's not a yes-or-no proposition so much as finding the right person who respects your need for a lot of autonomy.

know

Would it help if you drafted a 5-year plan for your life? Indecision is normal, but setting a few goals would be helpful. Where do you want your career to be in five years? Where do you want to live? What steps would you need to take to get there?

We Aquarians need a fair bit of space and independence. I've been married (twice) for over 45 years. My ex is a sun Gemini and my husband is a sun Libra. Our suns are trined. With marriage, it's not a yes-or-no proposition so much as finding the right person who respects your need for a lot of autonomy.
Thanks waybread for your suggestion. I will try to set future goals and focus only on pursuing them. Thank you