What do you think of this synastry chart?

ChildOfVenus

Clear your private messages please.

Yes, but not vice versa.

For example, if you look at the new biwheel you posted above, notice his red Jupiter in the outer wheel. In his natal chart it's in his third house but when the charts are lined up this way it makes a house overlay so that his Jupiter lines up with your 7th house -therefore it's actually doing business in there! His faith, beliefs and some other transpersonal qualities too like fortune and expansion are translating all this energy to your house of partnerships and mainly it's YOU that feels it.

kaminari

Depending on the birth time of the outer, but it looks like Moon(him)-Saturn(you) is at play, which would make this potentially binding. It's glue and meaningful, if that helps.

Horus

Depending on the birth time of the outer, but it looks like Moon(him)-Saturn(you) is at play, which would make this potentially binding. It's glue and meaningful, if that helps.

Welcome back here, brother! :cool: I haven't seen you around here in ages!

Moondancing

Premium Member

Looking at the elements of the combined charts shows a nice balance which lends it's self to a long-lasting relationship.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Could make an even stronger case for longevity but just the asc. being at odds as far as the elements are concerned would not make a big difference.

You were asking about your Saturn square Venus. Saturn would tend to want to control the affections of their relationship. You can see it in this discourse. A great need to know precisely what will happen. Just a thought.

ChildOfVenus

I'm new to astrology so I really don't know what you mean by the elements. Also wouldn't all of this be different once I add his correct birth time? When I did this synastry I used 12:00pm because I don't know his real birth time.

Looking at the elements of the combined charts shows a nice balance which lends it's self to a long-lasting relationship.

Horus

I'm new to astrology so I really don't know what you mean by the elements. Also wouldn't all of this be different once I add his correct birth time? When I did this synastry I used 12:00pm because I don't know his real birth time.

The signs are divided into four elements: fire and air (which get along) and earth and water (also compatible). Signs in the same element are trine or harmonious. What Moondancing is saying is that there is basic fundemental compatibility because your Suns are both in earth and your Moons are air and fire(well his Moon at noon anyway). They aren't really aspecting each other, its just that you both operate in similar ways, mentally and emotionally. In my view this does not hold any kind of a trump card over difficult aspects and lack of good ones.

Except for possibly his Moon, the signs of his planets (which indicate the elements) wont change, just the houses.

As for the the Ascendant or Rising Sign, it is important, almost as much as the Sun and Moon because aside from physical appearance it defines how we interact with others, our mannerisms, and forms a significant part of our character. Planetary aspects to it DO make a difference! It also carries a lot of "weight" in terms of evaluating our elemental makeup and the modalities(which are cardinal, mutable and fixed). Here is astro author Lyn Birkbeck's scale for measuring and tallying this up which kind of shows the relative importance of the planets and angles to one another:

Sun, Moon, ASC = 4pts
Merc, Venus, Mars= 3pts
Jupiter, Saturn, MC= 2pts
Uranus, Neptune, Pluto=1pt

I count the South Lunar Node as 1pt too. :)

ChildOfVenus

What do you mean by (this does not hold any kind of a trump card over difficult aspects and lack of good ones). Moondancing stated that it
shows a nice balance which lends it's self to a long-lasting relationship.
Though you are saying that it doesn't?

The signs are divided into four elements: fire and air (which get along) and earth and water (also compatible). Signs in the same element are trine or harmonious. What Moondancing is saying is that there is basic fundemental compatibility because your Suns are both in earth and your Moons are air and fire(well his Moon at noon anyway). They aren't really aspecting each other, its just that you both operate in similar ways, mentally and emotionally. In my view this does not hold any kind of a trump card over difficult aspects and lack of good ones.

Except for possibly his Moon, the signs of his planets (which indicate the elements) wont change, just the houses.

As for the the Ascendant or Rising Sign, it is important, almost as much as the Sun and Moon because aside from physical appearance it defines how we interact with others, our mannerisms, and forms a significant part of our character. Planetary aspects to it DO make a difference! It also carries a lot of "weight" in terms of evaluating our elemental makeup and the modalities(which are cardinal, mutable and fixed). Here is astro author Lyn Birkbeck's scale for measuring and tallying this up which kind of shows the relative importance of the planets and angles to one another:

Sun, Moon, ASC = 4pts
Merc, Venus, Mars= 3pts
Jupiter, Saturn, MC= 2pts
Uranus, Neptune, Pluto=1pt

I count the South Lunar Node as 1pt too. :)

Moondancing

Premium Member
There are are astrologers that feel the elements exhibit profound influence on basic character traits, behaviour, emotions, thinking and intuition. Even with the Moon changing signs and Asc. being in an element not blending with your chart it means going from a long-lasting relationship to a strong friendship. You are still more alike than different and different enough to satisfy unconscious needs. I have a relationship that is in the strong friendship category that has lasted 20 years.

Moondance

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

Yea two people who have the sun signs Taurus and Virgo usually do get along. I've read that they are compatible whether it be as friends or more.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Yea two people who have the sun signs Taurus and Virgo usually do get along. I've read that they are compatible whether it be as friends or more.

Read up on Moon in Sagitarius and Capricorn and determine which you think your friend emotionally exhibits. That will give you and indication how compatible you are in this important aspect.

ChildOfVenus

Do you mean moon in Capricorn? How would this determine how well we get along? Sorry I guess I'm missing something what does Moon in Sagittarius and Moon in Capricorn have to do a with Taurus and Virgo?
Read up on Moon in Sagitarius and Capricorn and determine which you think your friend emotionally exhibits. That will give you and indication how compatible you are in this important aspect.

Horus

What do you mean by (this does not hold any kind of a trump card over difficult aspects and lack of good ones). Moondancing stated that it
shows a nice balance which lends it's self to a long-lasting relationship.
Though you are saying that it doesn't?

It's one thing to look at, and a loose generalization can be made like this to ADD to an synastry interpretation, but it does not define it or supersede the aspects which are going to go into the specific dynamics and tell you if it will work or not.

A couple may have Suns in the same element but what if their Mercuries are square and communication breaks down? Communication being the basis of all relationships. Suns (not actually forming a trine aspect by orb) will not override the issue of square Mercuries. All it means to have two earth suns is that you both take a more or less grounded or practical approach to things.

If there are more oppositions, squares, and conjunctions to malefic planets than there are trines, sextiles, or positive or neutral conjunctions, then a close relationship will not work out even if the Suns and Moons are in the same elements.

If there is lack of good Mercurial and Saturnine aspects it will also struggle to go long-term.

That's from the point of view of general, popular Sunsign astrology which I once followed before I really studied the art, and according to such, I'm compatible with Virgos, but two of those in a row ended because their Suns squared my Sagittarius Moon and their Moons squared my Saturn! :pinched:

Individual charts and synastries have to judged and evaluated on a case-by-case basis because astrology is too complex for most generalizations to be totally accurate.

Your two Suns in this synastry are actually in a quincunx aspect btw.
http://www.astromarkt.net/astrology_to_study-html/synastry-inconjunct-html/

Last edited:

Horus

Do you mean moon in Capricorn? How would this determine how well we get along? Sorry I guess I'm missing something what does Moon in Sagittarius and Moon in Capricorn have to do a with Taurus and Virgo?

Capricorn is the third earth sign after Taurus and Virgo so it trines those signs. Trines mean harmony. As it stands his noon Moon in Sag is in a wide out-of-sign trine with your Sun, but if he was born later that evening it will be in early Cap forming a close, proper elemental trine to your Sun which is one of the best aspects in the book! Of course, for him a Moon in Capricorn *****, its in detriment and can be emotionally repressed and rigid.

Sun-Moon contacts are dynamic, yin-yang interchanges which can make a big difference to compatibility. Ideally, it's best if it's the man's Sun aspecting the woman's Moon because then the masculine and feminine nature of the planetary energies are in their natural gender roles, but it can still work out nicely the other way too.

ChildOfVenus

It's like every time it could be some strong compatibility between us you say it really means nothing. Even though others. Say different so it's hard to figure out what to believe.
It's one thing to look at, and a loose generalization can be made like this to ADD to an synastry interpretation, but it does not define it or supersede the aspects which are going to go into the specific dynamics and tell you if it will work or not.

A couple may have Suns in the same element but what if their Mercuries are square and communication breaks down? Communication being the basis of all relationships. Suns (not actually forming a trine aspect by orb) will not override the issue of square Mercuries. All it means to have two earth suns is that you both take a more or less grounded or practical approach to things.

If there are more oppositions, squares, and conjunctions to malefic planets than there are trines, sextiles, or positive or neutral conjunctions, then a close relationship will not work out even if the Suns and Moons are in the same elements.

If there is lack of good Mercurial and Saturnine aspects it will also struggle to go long-term.

That's from the point of view of general, popular Sunsign astrology which I once followed before I really studied the art, and according to such, I'm compatible with Virgos, but two of those in a row ended because their Suns squared my Sagittarius Moon and their Moons squared my Saturn! :pinched:

Individual charts and synastries have to judged and evaluated on a case-by-case basis because astrology is too complex for most generalizations to be totally accurate.

Your two Suns in this synastry are actually in a quincunx aspect btw.
http://www.astromarkt.net/astrology_to_study-html/synastry-inconjunct-html/

Horus

It's like every time it could be some strong compatibility between us you say it really means nothing. Even though others. Say different so it's hard to figure out what to believe.

Not all astrologers will agree or are at the same level of knowledge around here. I just have a different interpretation on two points and I've tried to explain the reasons for that and more about the subject, to help you understand.

And I just explained that a Sun trine Moon would be very good here. :)

But I'm not going to tell someone what they want to hear or paint a rosy picture if it isn't. I'm Sag Rising -a straight shooter and I call it the way I see it, honestly. Some people appreciate that.

ChildOfVenus

Yeah but you really don't know the real aspect regarding the moon since I'm not sure about the birth time. So you don't know if our sun and moon actually trines or not.

Not all astrologers will agree or are at the same level of knowledge around here. I just have a different interpretation on two points and I've tried to explain the reasons for that and more about the subject, to help you understand.

And I just explained that a Sun trine Moon would be very good here. :)

But I'm not going to tell someone what they want to hear or paint a rosy picture if it isn't. I'm Sag Rising -a straight shooter and I call it the way I see it, honestly. Some people appreciate that.

ChildOfVenus

I also like taking other people's opinions into consideration as well. Just because you may have a different opinion doesn't mean they are wrong.