What are you learning from COVID?

JUPITERASC

Over here they've caught quite a few cases in emergency rooms for something else
& have tested & found them positive-early stages of virus

& got them into quarantine.
just in time

and yet

coronavirus was discovered almost sixty years ago :smile:

80% Vaccinated Singapore Has More Infections Than Ever :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-co5r_ylA
and so on ad infinitum
Q.E.D.

leomoon

Kalasarpa yoga from the Vedic -

When the planets are inside the 2 Nodes (Rahu-Ketu)

A mundane astrologer friend said people seem to be more restricted as a whole, and it does correspond thus far with the Covid 19 and Covid Delta strains.

Looks like we'll be out in the spring of 2022

Last edited:

leomoon

VACCINES IN HISTORY:

I recall being about 9 years old, in the school auditorium, when it was Vaccines for Polio day. Actually, all I recall is saying "no, no, no", and refusing to take it and causing younger kids to cry :pouty: I caused such a fuss, that I think they simply tried to move me out of there.:whistling:

I don't think I had it, until the sugar pill came out, another form of the vaccine.

Dr. Salk refused to take a patent out, saying he couldn't imagine charging for what was a life saving vaccine.

1955 was also a Kalasarpa year!

https://whyy.org/segments/60th-anniversary-of-polio-vaccine-first-administered-in-pa/

By April 1955 20,000 volunteers, 20,000 doctors, and 1.8 million school children were immunized, and a terrifying disease was on the run. True to Salk’s prediction, polio was eradicated — at least in the United States — by 1979.
At first, the vaccine developed by Salk and Dr. Albert Sabin at the University of Pittsburgh was injected. Later, it was given by Sabin vaccine-that sugar cube dosed with serum and taken orally.

leomoon

Djt would call Dr. Salk, "a loser"

Jonas Salk didn’t patent the polio vaccine
On April 12, 1955, Edward R. Murrow asked Jonas Salk who owned the patent to the polio vaccine. “Well, the people, I would say,” Salk responded. “There is no patent. Could you patent the sun?”

By the time of his chat with Murrow, which aired on the day the polio vaccine was announced as safe and 90 percent effective, Salk was already more messiah than virologist to the average American. Polio paralyzed between 13,000 and 20,000 children annually in the last pre-vaccine years, and Salk was the face of the inoculation initiative. Appearing on television to present the vaccine as a gift to the American people was a public relations masterstroke.

note: I wonder now, why I couldn't have behaved nicely like this little girl in the link! :w00t:

https://slate.com/technology/2014/04/the-real-reasons-jonas-salk-didnt-patent-the-polio-vaccine.html

CapAquaPis

VACCINES IN HISTORY:

I recall being about 9 years old, in the school auditorium, when it was Vaccines for Polio day. Actually, all I recall is saying "no, no, no", and refusing to take it and causing younger kids to cry :pouty: I caused such a fuss, that I think they simply tried to move me out of there.:whistling:

I don't think I had it, until the sugar pill came out, another form of the vaccine.

Dr. Salk refused to take a patent out, saying he couldn't imagine charging for what was a life saving vaccine.

1955 was also a Kalasarpa year!

https://whyy.org/segments/60th-anniversary-of-polio-vaccine-first-administered-in-pa/

And just today, the WHO approved the first Malaria vaccine, adding that and the COVID-19 vaccine, we're going to combat 2 more diseases like the other 10. I'm also for a potential HIV or AIDS vaccine, but the pandemic has eased in the 2000s-10s after being a huge global health crisis in the 1980s-90s and it's become more treatable since then.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Kalasarpa yoga from the Vedic -

When the planets are inside the 2 Nodes (Rahu-Ketu)

A mundane astrologer friend said people seem to be more restricted as a whole, and it does correspond thus far with the Covid 19 and Covid Delta strains.

Looks like we'll be out in the spring of 2022

Going by the image of when the planets are in nodal binds, these were likely the worst periods of recent history, although there were 6 in the 1980s when life was supposedly good for many Americans, and 2 in the 1990s to indicate a better time for most Americans, esp. a 3 day period being the shortest in the image. The late 1850s brought out the US Civil war in 1860-65 and there were 4 of them in the 1940s with world war II and the early part of the cold war. The 2020s has 3 of them vs the 2030s that hasn't happened yet and it appears the 1950s had 2 while the 1960s had 1, the peak Americana or golden age we hear so much about. And the 1880s had 3 of them, the gilded age between reconstruction 1865-76 and the "Gay Nineties" of the 1890s. I don't find any binds in the period of WW1, the rise of the USSR or Soviet Union to late disbanded in 1991 and the H1N1 global flu pandemic of 1918-20.

Last edited:

david starling

If our governments REALLY want to increase the number of people willing to get vaccinated, they have to shrink the number of adverse, allergic reactions to the vaccines, instead of ignoring them.

And the ONLY way to do that, is to put some REAL EFFORT and ENOUGH MONEY into developing RELIABLE PRE-TESTS to determine if an INDIVIDUAL is at all likely to suffer an adverse, allergic reaction to one or more of the vaccines currently in use.

The Pharmaceutical companies are NOT going to do this research on their own--they have to be PUSHED into doing it.

chay

Banned
If our governments REALLY want to increase the number of people willing to get vaccinated, they have to shrink the number of adverse, allergic reactions to the vaccines, instead of ignoring them.

And the ONLY way to do that, is to put some REAL EFFORT and ENOUGH MONEY into developing RELIABLE PRE-TESTS to determine if an INDIVIDUAL is at all likely to suffer an adverse, allergic reaction to one or more of the vaccines currently in use.

The Pharmaceutical companies are NOT going to do this research on their own--they have to be PUSHED into doing it.

Haven't had the huge adverse reaction thing here. Also people aren't necessarily afraid of an allergic reaction. They think the injection is to control them, or kill them, or that they'll become magnetic, its part of the New World Order, they'll become zombies etc.

david starling

Haven't had the huge adverse reaction thing here. Also people aren't necessarily afraid of an allergic reaction. They think the injection is to control them, or kill them, or that they'll become magnetic, its part of the New World Order, they'll become zombies etc.

If it kills someone, that's definitely considered an adverse reaction!

I hear you though. They're brainwashed against it, and there's no reasoning with them.

chay

Banned
If it kills someone, that's definitely considered an adverse reaction!

I hear you though. They're brainwashed against it, and there's no reasoning with them.

Yeah killing people is an adverse reaction lol. But have so many people ever been given the same drug at once? Never, so when you're looking at 6.5billion, the adverse reactions aren't so many. I reacted badly to a tetanus shot as a kid, I swelled up and was sick. But I had another one a cpl of years ago when I stupidly put my hand in the middle of a dog fight.

Opal

images

June Almeida discovered the first coronavirus :smile:
the coronavirus was identified almost sixty years ago

Born June Hart, Almeida was a daughter of a bus driver
a bright student with ambitions to attend university
but financial crisis led her to leave the school at the age of 16 years
says a report by National Geographic.
After dropping out of school, she started working as a lab technician
at Glasgow Royal Infirmary
where she used microscopes to help analyse tissue samples

June moved to a similar job at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London
where she met Venezuelan artist Enriques Almeida and they got married.

They immigrated to Canada
and June started working at the Ontario Cancer Institute in Toronto
where she pioneered a technique called electron microscopy
that blasts a specimen with a beam of electrons
and then records the particles’ interactions with the specimen’s surface.

This technique brought scientists an image with much finer, smaller detail.
However, finding if a tiny blob is a virus, a cell, or something else
was still a challenge.
For this, Almeida used antibodies
taken from previously infected individuals to pinpoint the virus.

As antibodies are drawn to their antigen-counterparts
when Almeida introduced tiny particles coated in antibodies
they would congregate around the virus, alerting her to its presence :smile:

Thus enabling clinicians to use electron microscopy
as a way to diagnose viral infections in patients.
In 1964, Almeida met Dr David Tyrell
whose team had collected samples of a flu-like virus
they labeled as “...B814...” from a sick schoolboy in Surrey.

Tyrell sent the samples to Almeida
with the hope that her microscope technique could identify the virus.
With the sample from Tyrrell, Almeida was confident
that they were looking at a new group of viruses.

One day, Almeida, Tyrrell, and Almeida’s supervisor
gathered to discuss their findings.
They looked into the images of the virus
and
inspired by its halo-like structure
they decided on the Latin word for crown, corona :smile:

In this way
the coronavirus was identified almost sixty years ago
and is currently roaring back into focus
during the present pandemic.

Thanks JA! Good reality!