What are my strengths & weaknesses based on the sun,moon,asc sign combo

astroquest

I am looking for help determining my strengths and weaknesses caused by the combination of my sun, moon, and asc signs. I figure I can better understand my past present and future better if I knew how this combination of signs affects my life. I know that the sun sign is my destiny or (identity) and that the moon sign represents my inheritance or (my conscience) also my asc is how I see myself or (my super ego). Because of this combination I have a unique personality and I want to know where I've been where I'm going and where I'm at because of this combination of signs. Thank you. :biggrin::pouty::w00t::devil:

Attachments

• Andrew Natal chart 2.JPG
    Andrew Natal chart 2.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 34
Welcome

The questions usually answered first in the Greenhorn Lounge are those where a member makes an attempt to answer their own question astrologically ( but this is not mandatory). This shows a willingness to learn and at what level of knowledge you have yourself. With this in mind most of the members here are always willing to help others understand.

Have you read the 'welcome sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc and also has links to forum rules & regs...At the top of every forum of lots of ‘sticky’ which explain matters in that forum, guidelines, tips and forum rules

This forum (in my opinion) is more of a discussion and learning site, and the main objective is to encourage, interact and explain astrologically why something is happening in your life, rather than just ‘drop the answer in your lap’ and not necessarily to provide professional readings and forecast future events.

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

MC is our professional image and how we want to be perceived in society, career/workwise, what we are/become known for which is different from Asc or sun sign

I have Saggi MC and can behave like extrovert sagg, teach, have interests in 9th house matters, religion, law, philosophy, always enjoy learning new things. But that's not the real me either, the real me is the 'sun sign' think of a glass milk bottle, the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck. The bottle being the Asc sign and most visible to other.

Plus the Asc sign is the chemistry, lust and attraction factor when boy meets girl, it's what gets a relationship going. BUT have you never heard (even from your school days) that after a few weeks or months, that mask and persona has to drop and you have to get to know the person underneath and that's totally different to the image we 'project' outwards.

Now your sun is opposite moon which suggests your parents were opposites. Then sun opp Neptune suggests poss bit of identity crisis in teenage years.

Your Moon is conj Uranus which suggests you need lots of freedom and independence within relationships and from mother. This is on the list of 'divorce aspects'

astroquest

ok but in which way does my combination of my sun (cancer) moon (sagittarius) and asc ( leo ) explains my personality. Like with this combo what weaknesses and strengths will I get.:wink:

Attachments

Andrew Natal chart 2.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 21

gaer

I am looking for help determining my strengths and weaknesses caused by the combination of my sun, moon, and asc signs. I figure I can better understand my past present and future better if I knew how this combination of signs affects my life. I know that the sun sign is my destiny or (identity) and that the moon sign represents my inheritance or (my conscience) also my asc is how I see myself or (my super ego). Because of this combination I have a unique personality and I want to know where I've been where I'm going and where I'm at because of this combination of signs. Thank you.
There are 1728 possible combinations of Sun, Moon and AC. Even if I could read the chart you attached, and I can't (the details are impossible to read), any reading based on that alone would be so superficial that it might be worse than none at all. :)

astroquest

o well I figure that since my sun is cancer that controlled my destiny which is me becoming a chef and my moon is how I make decisions sagittarius wise. With my asc being leo I may have high expecticies with my self. Can any of this info help understand were I've been where I'm at and where I'm going.:unsure:

Attachments

Andrew Natal chart 2.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 17

Lin

Your Sun represents your "ego", yes, but it's your "authentic self." It's position and the aspects to it are vital for you to understand yourself.
The moon represents your emotions, emotional mechanism (how you deal with emotions, etc.) and your programming. Because it represents the "mother", all the habits and patterns set in childhood, and passed on from the mother are inherent in the moon.
The individual "values" are represented by the 2nd house and the planet ruling it and any planets IN the 2nd and the aspects to those.
Your philosophy and belief system are represented by the 9th house.

A wonderful book for any beginner is "Astrology, A Cosmic Science" by Isabel Hickey. It gives an amazing amount of information and is a book I use both to teach with and also still use for information after over 30 years of studying and practicing astrology.
It's worth getting a couple of really good basic astrology books.
LIN

astroquest

thanks for the info but the truth about my self is I have a hard time with commitment and get so fustrated when I am not in control of my life. My mother never really tried to strive for more she was always happy with the bare min. And I can see alot of that in me but maybe its my leo rising that comes in conflic with that, me and others always are wanting more from me but I don't know if I can please everyone. And people or so call friends will tend to take advatege of my please everyone issue I have. That is why I need to know my strengths from either my sun moon asc sign or all of the aspects of my chart. Thank you all for taking your time to help a person out.:crying:

Attachments

Andrew Natal chart 2.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 22

R4VEN

The thing is on this board to state what it is you want to know. You came in with questions about your sun/moon/ascendant combo, the answer to which Lin pretty much pointed you in the correct direction.

However, I'll put something else out there for you.
I don't think it's as simple as sun/moon/ascendant.

Try checking out the following links for Sun opposition Neptune, which I feel is a significant influence on your behaviour:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/sun-opposition-neptune.php

as well as Moon conjunct Uranus:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/moon-conjunct-uranus.php

Once you've read and digested that - and it is only the tip of a very large iceberg - then get that Isabel Hickey book Lin referred you to, and read until your eyes bleed. :cool:

astroquest

Thank you all for all of your replys all of them has help me understand what I am looking for.:andy:

Attachments

Andrew Natal chart 2.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 18