Voice? Is it in the chart?

queenfluff

I was just thinking about this yesterday.

I know we have our physical characteristics that people often use the sun or rising signs for (scorpios rising have intense eyes, taurus have fuller faces, etc).

What about someone's voice? I realize men and women have different voice pitches because of their vocal chords but I was curious to know whether or not type of voice (deep, high etc) would be in the chart. Or would it be with the Rising sign/Sun sign characteristics?

Like for example, Campbell Scott, has (I think) one of the best voices I have ever heard!

No rising sign info for him on the astrotheme site. Just Cancer Sun and Libra Moon.

I also wonder if very famous singers with awesome voices - can it be seen in their charts somewhere?

Arian Maverick

I had a vocational astrology consultation via phone several years ago, and the astrologer told me I had the voice quality and inflection of a Gemini. At first I thought she said this because I was pestering her with questions, but apparently, there's something to this.

I wish I had asked her to elaborate...

maybe taurus placements since taurus rules the throat. i can talk-sing hehe!

Yes, I've heard that Venus in Taurus conjunct the Midheaven produces a great singing voice, but I have not seen this claim verified.

Arian Maverick

Arijana

I've read somewhere that the 2nd house shows vocal chords. It would be good to see charts of some singers that have really peculiar voices,for instance Amy Lee from evanescence. she has a very mesmerzing,angelic voice yet it can draw you down with her moods,sometimes I find it hard to listen to her.

u can just listen to the beginning of this acustic version of her song to see what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf0e6VbiI_8

Arian Maverick

yeah interesting. do you even have a lot of or any significant gemini in your chart?

I have third house Mars in Gemini, which is the dispositor of my natal Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus in Aries. My natal Jupiter is in Gemini, as well, but I do not believe this is relevant.

did she say outright whether you could sing for a career?

No, she did not state this, which is good because I wouldn't have believed her! I have a very good ear, and I can match pitches easily, but I only have an average singing voice.

Do you suppose indicators for singing ability are separate for indicators of speaking voice quality?

Arian Maverick

Saturnian

Interesting...I have found taurus to have a very "steady" an quiet voice that can actually be heard.

I myself...hm...have a weird voice and way of talking.It's not steady,its volume goes up and down and I actually tend to put some passion in certain words and stand out.But generally my voice can be a bit like trembling at times,not the granny way,but because of the volume.Don't have a sweet voice,actually,sometimes it can become very high-pitched though,haha.

As for singing,I've received good comments generally,but I know I need to work on it.

Frank

Look first to Mercury, it's dignity, placement and aspects - especially for speaking voice. Look for Mercury connections to Venus as far as good singing voices go.

If you are looking at voice use for a career, look to connections to the MC and the ruler of the MC. The ascendant and bodies' aspects to the ascendant. can also modify the voice somewhat as a "first impression".

For a personal example, I have Mercury in Pisces trine the MC and Neptune, also semi-square my Venus/Mars conjunction in the 1st House and sesqui-quadrate Pluto.

I have I worked in radio on air, act, lecture frequently, and have been told I have a professional, distinctive, articulate speaking voice. I am also a trained operatic style bass-baritone with an extended range up to tenor when I work on it. I have a LOUD singing and acting voice.

piscesnurse

i think gregory peck was a taurus i am not sure i have to look yes and he was a looker as well i loved his voice and loved to watch his old movies

Momma's Kumquat

I've heard gemini/taurus cuspians can have very soothing voices.

"Taurus/Gemini individual is most likely a brilliant conversationalist. Mediating or speech writing would be excellent outlets for these people, as they possess the gift of beautiful, soothing speech that can produce harmony and good feelings."

I don't know if that applies to writting or actually speaking.

My sun is in 3rd degree of gemini and I've been told I have a very strange speaking voice (saturn/uranus opposite mercury) but my singing voice would most probably be described as being soothing.

My jupiter (ruler of my mc) is in my 2nd house in taurus. mercury also opposite mc.

Momma's Kumquat

I've heard gemini/taurus cuspians can have very soothing voices.

"Taurus/Gemini individual is most likely a brilliant conversationalist. Mediating or speech writing would be excellent outlets for these people, as they possess the gift of beautiful, soothing speech that can produce harmony and good feelings."

I don't know if that applies to writing or actually speaking.

My sun is in 3rd degree of gemini and I've been told I have a very strange speaking voice (saturn/uranus opposite mercury) but my singing voice would most probably be described as being soothing.

My jupiter (ruler of my mc) is in my 2nd house in taurus. mercury also opposite mc.

LittleMiss

I've been reading this thread with interest.

This is the chart of my song-teacher, she is an succsefull opera singer.

Kristinhoroskop.gif

I've noticed Jupiter in taurus, and a lot of positive aspects to her mercury...

Last edited:

Momma's Kumquat

i think the venus/mars/mercuy harmony is often telling, because after all I think there's alot of sex involved in singing. you have to be emotionally intuitive to express emotions through your voice, which is essentially what singing is

queenfluff

Wow! Didn't realize my thread had so many posts already! Thanks for your insight guys!

Frank, I, myself am not looking at singing for a career, I was just curious about how voice plays into the charts.

Funny though, I had a very good singing voice when I was young. My mom thought I going to be the next big thing, and everything came out like butter with my singing voice. They always ask me to be a lead when we sang stuff for school or whatever. My voice kind of changed over the years where it wasn't as easy for me for the beautiful notes to just come out - not that I can't sing any more and that i don't have a good singing voice but that it isn't as 'magical' as it was when I was younger. I always wondering why this changed. I did bang my windpipe on the gymnastic bars when I was younger though - maybe I did something! :)

But yes, I was thinking more about the relationship of our "physical characterstics' that our sun sing or rising might give way to and where or not voice includes in that. Not just with singing.

Also another interesting question is if certain peoples voices cause an "attraction" in anothe person because of their chart placements?

Like maybe something in my chart is making me very attractive to voices like those of Campbell Scott? But not so attracted (or even repulsed by) other voices that I do not like (for me, it would that lead singer in the band Rush - hate that guys voice).

Saturnian

I wonder if Mercury in the first could influence someone's voice or expression in their voice.

Also could a connection between moon and mercury mean that a personis pretty expressive through words and puts passion into them...I am wondering...

Kannon

The voice can show up in Moon sign (and aspect), as well as in the condition of Asc and Mercury. People with Moon in Leo, for example, can get very loud at times (especially with intensifying aspects like Pluto or Mars), even if normally they have soft or squeaky voices.

Bob Dylan - Scorpio rising, not Sag rising as popularly thought - has a mumbling, partly obscured quality to his singing at times. His voice has changed in quality or sound (Gemini) at different times.

With mutable Ascendants the voice can be more variable. Saturnine or heavy earth charts will mostly likely mean a more even or monotone delivery.

The voice is really a product of your overall energy. Those with charts that show a lower, more muted energy, will have voices that match. Many Scorpio (and some Capricorn) types will talk through their teeth, ala Clint Eastwood. Leo, Aries and Sag types can be veritable megaphones, with Sag types often less intense and more musical or variable in delivery.

Kenoshamaensa

I found this greatly interesting, as my voice is odd. I don't mean in sound (although I have a slightly throaty quality), but on two accounts:

1) I am one of those people whose voice can carry from room to room even if I'm not speaking loudly -- it's the frequency at which it resonates. I also "speak" for a career (I'm a professor), and I've always been a good speaker, although not as good an actress -- minored in it in college, but didn't continue because I had no real ability to put proper emotion, even if I can wake you up and keep you interested when speaking. So emotion, yes, but not the sort used in acting. The sort used in keeping listeners interested.

2) I was once told that I'd be a great jazz singer if I could just manage to stay consistently in pitch. LOL! That is, I SOUND very good (vocal quality), but my EAR is less than reliable. If I know a song well, I can be deceptive, because people think I can sing well. But if something is less well-known or has difficult intervals (like "The Star Spangled Banner"!), then my ability to hit the right notes is iffy.

IOW, I have a good VOICE, but I'm not a musician, so it's a useful distinction.

Rising: Pisces w/ Aquarius Saturn sitting on the ascendant from the 12th.
Moon: Aries, 2nd house, sextile Saturn.
Mercury: in Virgo, near-exact conjunction with Pluto, looser conjunction to Uranus from the 7th, sextile 9th house Scorpio Neptune (and yes, I'm a pretty good writer as well as speaker).
Venus: 6th house Leo, square 9th house Scorp Neptune

Saturnian

I tend to speak fast and a lot most of the time.Also tend to interrupt,especially when I am excited and I am enjoying the subject.

My voice now...it's kind of girlish-boyish a bit,not manly.Boy-ish.Definitely not gentle and feminine.When I open my mouth to talk I just feel that it is "flooded" with words.Words flow like water in my mouth.Like I have said before though,it's kind of weird the way I hear it.It's volume goes up and down and sometimes it can become very pitch-y.Also when I am talking about something I like(which is most of the time),I emphasize certain words,like they have passion in them.They stand out.I have a distinctive way that I talk,I'd say.Don't know if it's true just how I see it.
Other times I can go really loud,yeah I don't enjoy speaking quietly,I also laugh very loudly as well.
I've also gotten some compiments for my reading(voice) from people.They say it's calming and nice to listen to,looooool.
Words in my case have some kind of "weight".That's how I'd describe it.
Now when I am bored it can become quite heavy as well.A friend of mine called me once and I picked up the phone and I was like "Yes?".She thought I was a man,-_-.It hasn't happened only once...
I think when I am being shy,I have the tendency to "eat" the last letters.

Scorpio Moon(according to Kannon)
Moon sextile Sun
Moon sextile Mercury
Moon sextile Venus
Moon sextile Mars

Moon conjunct Jupiter
Moon sextile Uranus
Moon sextile Neptune
Moon sextile Asc

As for Mercury
Mercury conjunct Asc
Mercury conjunct Sun

Mercury sextile Moon
Mercury conjunct Venus
Mercury conjunct Mars
Mercury conjunct Uranus
Mercury conjunct Neptune

robots

I have Leo Asc/Capricorn Sun/Aquarius Moon/Sagittarius Mercury.

I think all that stuff definitely shows in my voice. My voice sounds a lot like how Saturnian described her voice. Usually boyish and when I'm excited it gets pitchy, loud, with emphases on certain words. Then when I'm bored or just not super enthusiastic about something, my voice seems to drop an octave and makes me sound like a man.
When I'm being sarcastic, I start talking through my teeth or in a very monotone voice. Sometimes I sound exactly the same as I usually do which leads to everyone being terribly misled. It's pretty entertaining.

My singing voice is pretty okay. I think it's pretty cool sounding and I've gotten some compliments on it, but I don't really know how most people feel about it. Hah. I like to think it sounds nice-ish though.