Virgo's? Virgo ascendants?

gaer

All of the signs ascend at regular and predictable times and Libra moves at a similar speed to Virgo, and by your logic the most common ascending signs should be Leo and Scorpio.
No. Leo and Scorpio both ascend slightly quicker than Virgo and Libra, though the difference is not very great. So I can't follow your logic. It is the 30 degree movement from 15 Virgo to 15 Libra that is slowest. The 30 degree movement from 15 Pisces to 15 Aries is quickest.

Again, I never suggested that there would be more people born under the "slower" ascendants, world-wide, since close to the tropics the differece in times are greatly minimimized, and everything is reverse in the southern hemisphere.

However, a study done ONLY for the UK might yield interesting and unexpected results.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

So if the quickest is Pisces 15-Aries 15 ..... since I am Pisces rising 18 degrees, could that be why some part of me has to be in movement as long as I am awake?

And what of those slowest speeds....I note my Mercury is Virgo 29 degrees and that falls under that slower range mentioned. I take my time to think things thru....well, actually I am one extreme or the other with my Aries moon. I either spout it out right away or dwell and ponder quite a bit.

Pallas-trine-Mars

Misread something, disregard the Leo-Scorpio thing.

Yeah, doing a UK study would probably yield interesting results. ...For the UK! Globally, not so much. Historically, maybe, considering those countries affected the entire world.

So if the quickest is Pisces 15-Aries 15 ..... since I am Pisces rising 18 degrees, could that be why some part of me has to be in movement as long as I am awake?

And what of those slowest speeds....I note my Mercury is Virgo 29 degrees and that falls under that slower range mentioned. I take my time to think things thru....well, actually I am one extreme or the other with my Aries moon. I either spout it out right away or dwell and ponder quite a bit.
I don't really think the speed it takes a sign to rise on the horizon affects how it works. Capricorn is a sign that begins to rise more quickly, yet it's a sign of obstacles, old age, gradual progress, whereas Leo is pretty slow but it can have a pretty rash effect on things involved with it... Gemini is also increasingly slow, but one of high energy, more than the faster Taurus before it.

Last edited:

Northstar10

I have Virgo rising. I like it. I think it's the best rising sign because it's a good way to meet the sex-starved general public, who can contaminate or corrupt the soul with Scorpio energy if they aren't more ideally acquainted when and if they ever should unite. Virgo is also fairly hard on the self when the self isn't ideal, and I've found that it tends to lack trust and confidence even when circumstances are well-related in all ways. Not all Virgos are simply bearers of chastity forever, though many actually enjoy their more singular nature. They are building up their masculine or feminine powers towards something that is ideal, with as little interference from [echo chamber]The Devil's Temptations[/echo chamber] as possible. They are able to remain pure against the darker potentials of intimacy. If the more intimately relative, more scorpio-motivated passions are ever dared to be awakened, Virgo wants it to be pure and good as can be. Not all Scorpios are bad Scorpios, though as a Taurus sun opposite of Scorpio, Scorpio is the side I get more creeped and wary about (with Uranus in Scorpio).

gaer

Misread something, disregard the Leo-Scorpio thing.

Yeah, doing a UK study would probably yield interesting results. ...For the UK! Globally, not so much. Historically, maybe, considering those countries affected the entire world.
Exactly. We can only guess, but it is interesting to think about.

I hope someone else will check my math here. According to what I just calcuated, at 55N latitude, it takes more than 17 hours to move from 0 Cancer to 0 Capricorn. This is, of course, because that cycle includes Cancer/Sagittarius, Leo/Scorpio and Virgo/Libra.

However, from 0 Capricorn to 0 Cancer takes less than 7 hours, moving through Capricorn/Gemini, Aquarius/Taurus and Pisces/Aries. If people are born more or less at random in relationship to clock-time, then about 70% of all people born at that latitude will have the ascendants: Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius, with Virgo and Libra being most common.

It's a bit fun to think of how that would contrast with Australia, where the reverse would be true (although less skewed because of less extreme latitudes). What if there is really a stronger Piscean and Aries "twist" for Down Under? Could that actually contribute to the independent (Aries) and indefinable (Pisces) nature of the country itself?

bascially no. the orginal OP wanted to discuss Virgo Ascendants and there seems to have been lots of deviation away from the thread topic here :unsure:

gaer

bascially no. the orginal OP wanted to discuss Virgo Ascendants and there seems to have been lots of deviation away from the thread topic here :unsure:
True, but one of the things that has been made obvious from this discussion is the relative importance of a Virgo ascendant due to its greater chance of happening in your part of the world. :)

LittleMiss

I would say that a person with a Virgo-ascendant often will come of kind of neith and cleen-cut, and "correct". They are polite, emotinally controlled, helpfull. They show up at the right time, are correct in the way they speak, have all their stuff together. But they can be worriers, and have a bit of low selfesteem, judging themself to hardshly. They are aware of how they present themself in the world, and have a desire to do and be "right"...

This is in general terms of course... Just a few thoughs about the topic...

Isis

Actually, that's jumping to a conclusion from one detail. Also the term 'long ascension' of a sign is only true for half the world, whereas Leo and Scorpio are slowest in the North they're probably the fastest in the South.

The term is also the basis of for the belief that Aquarius, Pisces, Aries and Taurus are more prone to be short in stature and contrarily that Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio more prone to being tall, I haven't seen much proof in this.

I have Leo Sun and Scorpio rising and I promise you I am not tall at all :). I am of short average height, more short than average to be honest.

MTTY05

Seems like everytime someone creates a tread about one particular sign, it's always about Virgo's or Scorpio's, lol.

Anyway, I'm not your typical nit-picky, cleanfreak Virgo (although I do abhor fast-food and other unhealthy foods). My Virgo stellium is intercepted which maybe explains why I get so freaked out when people act "too much like Virgo's". I especially don't understand people who like to wash/mop/wipe off the same stuff that they just cleaned yesterday. Is that really necessay? No.

The other day I was watching "Studio 42" on the MLB Network, and Bob Costas was interviewing these three major league umpires. One of the umpires mentioned that he knew another umpire who would go home everynight and read the MLB rule book, just to be sure he knew what all of the baseball rules were. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing because reading the rulebook everynight sounds like something only a Virgo would ever do.:tongue:

Last edited:

waybread

Gaer, it is interesting to contemplate that there might be more Virgo rising people around than, say, Aries rising. Not many astrologers work with the constellations, but for what it's worth, the constellation Virgo occupies a big swath of the ecliptic [>30 degrees] whereas Aries and Libra occupy <30 degrees.

I got a chuckle out of these Virgo descriptions. But I would stress that the "neat freak" exists only in the house/s occupied by the Virgo planet/s or angle. A 5th house Virgo might be the perfectionist actor, or the meticulous parent. But if that Vrgo has an afflicted Uranus in the 2nd house, s/he is not going to be a tidy person.

But what would everyone else do without Virgos? Life would look like one colossal Mercury retrograde.

Would you rather have brain surgery performed by a Virgo MD or a Sagittarian MD?

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

The other day I was watching "Studio 42" on the MLB Network, and Bob Costas was interviewing these three major league umpires. One of the umpires mentioned that he knew another umpire who would go home everynight and read the MLB rule book, just to be sure he knew what all of the baseball rules were. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing because reading the rulebook everynight sounds like something only a Virgo would ever do.:tongue:

<b>Or a Scorpio bound and determined to prove a point. lol

Northstar10

Virgo ascendants are usually shy on some level with the people we meet. This can be good in that we like to hold our own space, and we usually don't meet people with a look in our eye like we want to rape them. It can give the impression of being too feral and stand-offish sometimes though. Virgo rising is actually good for getting to know people who might become a lover though. For one thing, it doesn't wear rose colored glasses. Sometimes it's good to be judgmental of the glitchy side of people. It can also make people more interested and loyal companions if you don't speak to them like your mouth is a part of your genitalia.

Last edited:

Piixy

Virgo ascendants are usually shy on some level with the people we meet. This can be good in that we like to hold our own space, and we usually don't meet people with a look in our eye like we want to rape them. It can give the impression of being too feral and stand-offish sometimes though. Virgo rising is actually good for getting to know people who might become a lover though. For one thing, it doesn't wear rose colored glasses. Sometimes it's good to be judgmental of the glitchy side of people. It can also make people more interested and loyal companions if you don't speak to them like your mouth is a part of your genitalia.

Bravo!!! Virgo asc captured right there.
I hate when people think I'm aloof or detatched simply because I'm not as affectionate right away....I'm definatley not rude and am mannered and it seems to put some people off becuase I do prefer my space, particularly in unfamiliar circumstances....is that so odd?

Earth Sign

The thing I've noticed about Virgo rising is how critical it is. It's always complaining about something or someone, always finds something that needs correcting. It's often been told it should be a professional critic of some kind, because it always has something to say about music/movies/books etc. Usually something bad. People who are suffering from Virgo Rising syndrome can even find it hard to supply compliments because they are so used to fault-finding. They can often find it hard to accept compliments, too. They say that they like to hear the truth, but are actually more sensitive to criticism than they pretend to be, and then they get over-emotional because of they criticism they recieved, due to their Scorpio Moon, and sometimes stay in that sour mood for the rest of the day. And, because of their Chart Ruler in Sagittarius, they have a tendency to be talkative and irritating.

They overthink things, judging, not only others, but themselves on every word. Sometimes they contemplate a breif conversation with a stranger all day, wondering how they came off, if they said the right thing. Their Capricorn Sun intensifies their already callus sense of humor, finding jokes at other people's expense funny even though no one else does, even though it's soooo true.

But at least they're self-aware. :whistling:

Piixy

True, We can't stop criticizing and do often have trouble accepting compliments....Talkative to a fault? Haven't heard that one yet always thought virgo risings were more understated...Yikes I can understand how this rising can be considered a tad...Well, Bitchy. At first atleast....we are dedicated people!!