Virgo represents our femininity

waybread

I’m obsessed with it cos my birth chart is full of earth & water signs....I’m also very young and I love to learn more about what attracts the males haha, I’m still a naughty little girl that needs to keep her mind going with the beauty of life ��

Are you interested in attracting "males" in a generic way? Or finding that special someone?

Women who strongly attract males in a general way can actually have real problems. A friend of mine was attractive enough, but not truly gorgeous. She was a professional woman who dressed modestly. She certainly didn't flirt with a lot of men. Yet men were always hitting on her. Most of this attention was really unwelcome. Like a stranger soliciting her for sex in a hotel elevator. I never saw her horoscope but wonder if she had a first house Venus. So just please be careful what you wish for!

Really, attraction between two people goes by synastry. (Chart comparison, which goes by degrees, not sun-signs.) I look for trined or sextiled suns; moons conjunct, trined or sextiled; and "reverse" Mars-Venus inter-aspects (plus a few more) to judge compatibility.

I used to work in a mostly-male field. At times I was the only woman or one of two women in my department. In my experience, not every single man wants an ultra-feminine girly girlfriend. He certainly doesn't want the village flirt. If he's an outdoorsman himself, he might rather have someone with whom he can go rock-climbing or sailboat racing. Which is to say, if a man has a passion in life, like his profession or a leisure activity, he might rather find someone with whom he can share it; not an ultra-feminine goddess with whom he has few interests in common.

With your Cancer sun you might find someone attracted to your care-giving and nurturing personality. The danger is, that you may attract Peter Pan types who look for a motherly care-taker. Or you may be secretly looking for a surrogate Daddy who will allow you to be dependent, while he assumes the adult care-giving role.

Please don't read this as my being anti-Cancer. I'm not. Just that every sign has its romantic strengths and weaknesses. We all need to be aware of them.

Best wishes for your journey, W.

waybread

Generally we Cancers , Virgos & Pisces most times feel incredibly misunderstood which is why we become fussy and have emotional outbursts

Cancer and Pisces are water signs. The water element symbolizes emotions. And on occasion, spirituality.

(You probably know this:

earth=pragmatic, material
air=ideas, mental
fire=energetic, enthusiasm)

Are you interested in attracting "males" in a generic way? Or finding that special someone?

Women who strongly attract males in a general way can actually have real problems. A friend of mine was attractive enough, but not truly gorgeous. She was a professional woman who dressed modestly. She certainly didn't flirt with a lot of men. Yet men were always hitting on her. Most of this attention was really unwelcome. Like a stranger soliciting her for sex in a hotel elevator. I never saw her horoscope but wonder if she had a first house Venus. So just please be careful what you wish for!

Really, attraction between two people goes by synastry. (Chart comparison, which goes by degrees, not sun-signs.) I look for trined or sextiled suns; moons conjunct, trined or sextiled; and "reverse" Mars-Venus inter-aspects (plus a few more) to judge compatibility.

I used to work in a mostly-male field. At times I was the only woman or one of two women in my department. In my experience, not every single man wants an ultra-feminine girly girlfriend. He certainly doesn't want the village flirt. If he's an outdoorsman himself, he might rather have someone with whom he can go rock-climbing or sailboat racing. Which is to say, if a man has a passion in life, like his profession or a leisure activity, he might rather find someone with whom he can share it; not an ultra-feminine goddess with whom he has few interests in common.

With your Cancer sun you might find someone attracted to your care-giving and nurturing personality. The danger is, that you may attract Peter Pan types who look for a motherly care-taker. Or you may be secretly looking for a surrogate Daddy who will allow you to be dependent, while he assumes the adult care-giving role.

Please don't read this as my being anti-Cancer. I'm not. Just that every sign has its romantic strengths and weaknesses. We all need to be aware of them.

Best wishes for your journey, W.

Oh yes I totally understand you , I present myself in a very modest and down to earth way , yes not all men want the feminine woman but I have a certain taste in men that actually want that , men who are more responsible, mature you know, I always attract Capricorn and Leo men type and I love their energy..... I try as much as possible to avoid water sign males , Virgo males , cos like you said they could have the Peter Pan syndrome and want to be babied , my Virgo rising helps me with my flowy nature since it’s mutable, I switch my energies depending on the kind of men I want to attract at that point ♥️.....Good morning waybread 🥰

dr. farr

An interesting (modernist) book here is Virgo the amazing Sign, by Mari Silva; Allen’s Star Names book (1899) has an extensive chapter on sidereal Virgo.

Do you want to spread the femininity doctrine to my Virgo son? He was on the "A" rugby team at university, and now wears a beard.

I just googled "men with Virgo rising."

I didn't get through the list, but this article was so pathetically bad that I had to share it.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a36945367/virgo-rising/

(or, why you don't want to learn astrology from Cosmopolitan.)

Just like some men with cancer or libra risings.....some of them look very manly and not the stereotypical feminine features , my cousin is a very handsome guy with a Virgo rising , he looks very tall , clean , beautiful skin , facial hair on point , he loves sports too

Frisiangal

Im loving the responses ♥️

Yet I don't read any consideration of change of mentality in your replies regarding your personal views. You must surely have come across them. Do you sweep alternative thoughts under the carpet because they disagree with your personal perceptions?

In 'old' astrology, from 1st sign Aries, uneven signs were called 'masculine' and active of nature, and even signs were 'feminine' and passive of nature. 'Even' signs have nothing to do with femininity in the sense to which I believe you are referring.

I am a Virgo rising with Merury, Venus, Mars, Uranus, and Chiron-Lilith all aspecting it. For years I had an allotment upon which I grew home grown produce. Being at the front of the complex I had daily chats with those walking their dogs. I was always in my 'gardening togs' doing all sorts of 'manly' things, nothing considered feminine about me at all. An occasion arrived when dressed in female attire with neat hair-do, I ran into one of the males who walked his dogs daily. I have never forgotten the open-mouthed look on his face when he recognised me!!
I've never felt more 'feminine'.

:smile:

david starling

Yet I don't read any consideration of change of mentality in your replies regarding your personal views. You must surely have come across them. Do you sweep alternative thoughts under the carpet because they disagree with your personal perceptions?

In 'old' astrology, from 1st sign Aries, uneven signs were called 'masculine' and active of nature, and even signs were 'feminine' and passive of nature. 'Even' signs have nothing to do with femininity in the sense to which I believe you are referring.

I am a Virgo rising with Merury, Venus, Mars, Uranus, and Chiron-Lilith all aspecting it. For years I had an allotment upon which I grew home grown produce. Being at the front of the complex I had daily chats with those walking their dogs. I was always in my 'gardening togs' doing all sorts of 'manly' things, nothing considered feminine about me at all. An occasion arrived when dressed in female attire with neat hair-do, I ran into one of the males who walked his dogs daily. I have never forgotten the open-mouthed look on his face when he recognised me!!
I've never felt more 'feminine'.

:smile:

Factor in Pallas Athena as representative of Virgo, and you could have been wearing a warrior's garb! She was about producing a bountiful harvest, and credited with the invention of the plow pulled by horse, for seeding the fields. And, she protected the harvest from invaders.

Witchyone

Virgo is associated with one aspect of femininity by mythology, the virginal maiden part, but there are at least three female archetypes (maiden, mother, and crone). And that's if you're looking at things through an ancient, rather limited lens.

The thing most Virgo suns I know have in common in my experience is a busy mind. They tend to be delightfully neurotic but also high functioning, the type to worry over every detail. I definitely feel the Mercury connection as a Gemini sun, but I think in general I give fewer sh*ts than they do.

Virgo is associated with one aspect of femininity by mythology, the virginal maiden part, but there are at least three female archetypes (maiden, mother, and crone). And that's if you're looking at things through an ancient, rather limited lens.

The thing most Virgo suns I know have in common in my experience is a busy mind. They tend to be delightfully neurotic but also high functioning, the type to worry over every detail. I definitely feel the Mercury connection as a Gemini sun, but I think in general I give fewer sh*ts than they do.

Yes you’re right and they can be indecisive too

Witchyone

Yes you’re right and they can be indecisive too

I'm thinking of two Virgo suns I know very well. The younger one really struggles with decisions. The older one is better at them, but yes, they both worry about making the right move. They're very hard on themselves if they make a mistake.

I'm thinking of two Virgo suns I know very well. The younger one really struggles with decisions. The older one is better at them, but yes, they both worry about making the right move. They're very hard on themselves if they make a mistake.

Which connects more to their Ceres tendencies when the earth went dry from worrying too much

One might alternately wonder, why on earth might you not change your view?
No one is trying to force you to change your view.
But if your view doesn't shift and adapt based on examples counter to your thesis or idea, then I wonder what would cause it to change? Or does it just not change...?

Another Virgo rising who is not particularly feminine,

We have our different views of femininity,if you’re not feminine that’s on you , like I said I’ve met several other feminine yin signs that aren’t the stereotypical feminine rising signs , look at your birth chart to find out your issue and don’t just blame it on one placement , you could be an Aries or Leo rising and be very feminine but that’s because there are other placements, majority of the Virgo placements tend to have feminine features , MAJORITY not every last one of them on earth , genes 🧬 exist too, because a few people come out to blame their entire personality on one placement doesn’t mean I’ll suddenly change what is naturally true , according to astrology and my observations Virgo risings have dainty feminine features and look younger than they’re, what did you expect? I have seen people who talk about looking older than they’re with a Virgo rising but does that mean the entire narrative will change to Virgo risings looking older than their age lol , Your upbringing plays a major role too especially the zodiac of the people that raised you

Last edited: