Virgo represents our femininity

In our birth chart apart from the feminine planets Venus which was regarded as Virgo (Ishtar) in her constellation and Moon Virgo’s esoteric ruler....the Virgo zodiac represents our feminine energy and feminine features

Feminine energy is the healer of the universe which Virgo is known as

Feminine energy is all about going with the flow of life which leads us to Virgo’s mutable energy

Lastly Femininity is dainty ,innocent, modest and sensual looking which is the Virgo sign

NAMASTE 🙏

I would love to hear from everyone

dr. farr

In old time Christianity Virgo was connected with the Virgin Mary; some believed that the nativity of Jesus occurred in this sign; the great star Spica is part of the sidereal constellation of Virgo; ancients often considered Isis connected with Spica and the Virgo constellation…

In old time Christianity Virgo was connected with the Virgin Mary; some believed that the nativity of Jesus occurred in this sign; the great star Spica is part of the sidereal constellation of Virgo; ancients often considered Isis connected with Spica and the Virgo constellation…

Yes both hathor and Isis was connected to the star spica in the Virgo constellation, Virgo was also known as lady Madonna...her birthday is celebrated on the 8th of September along with some other prominent femininity goddesses

waybread

I'm just wondering how to convey this information to my sun-Virgo son. He played rugby and football in high school, was on the "A" rugby team at his university, and is an expert skier. My son does have a warm, nurturing relationship with his little son, which I attribute to my son's Scorpio moon contacting my grandson's ascendant , with a close sextile between their suns' degrees.

Note that in terms of planting a garden, Virgo is considered to be a barren sign. By definition a virgin is not fertile.

I think there's a bigger issue, though. Gender norms are rapidly changing in today's world. There's a kind of exclusivity in calling something "feminine"-- like there's a "No boys allowed!" sign on it.

Look-- I've done the womanly things. I am a wife, mother, and grandmother. I have a cake baking in the oven as I type. I have a nice home. I enjoy gardening.

I also have Virgo rising.

But dainty? C'mon. What century is this?

Innocent and sensual? Who are we talking about: Lolita?

Sorry to be so abrupt, but Virgo is known for a kind of analytical discernment.

I'm just wondering how to convey this information to my sun-Virgo son. He played rugby and football in high school, was on the "A" rugby team at his university, and is an expert skier. My son does have a warm, nurturing relationship with his little son, which I attribute to my son's Scorpio moon contacting my grandson's ascendant , with a close sextile between their suns' degrees.

Note that in terms of planting a garden, Virgo is considered to be a barren sign. By definition a virgin is not fertile.

I think there's a bigger issue, though. Gender norms are rapidly changing in today's world. There's a kind of exclusivity in calling something "feminine"-- like there's a "No boys allowed!" sign on it.

Look-- I've done the womanly things. I am a wife, mother, and grandmother. I have a cake baking in the oven as I type. I have a nice home. I enjoy gardening.

So what does the ear of wheat 🌾 she carries mean ? The ear of Wheat is seen as a symbol of fertility and life in many cultures. Like the nourishment it provides to people, it has come to be associated with abundance and prosperity. Children are the most beautiful creation of humans. People hoping to get pregnant have seen wheat as a symbol of fertility for generations, rightly or wrongly. Wheat symbolizes the fertility of the earth, renewal, rebirth and abundance. It can also represent the long and fruitful life enjoyed by the deceased. All the Virgo deities had Children and were associated with motherly relationships!!!!

Just like saying Pisces is a harmful sign because the 12th house is known as malefic 🤷🏼*♀️? Sagittarius is not a barren sign but it’s an Uber masculine sign so barrenness of a sign has absolutely nothing to do with my description about the Virgo sign , it is what astrology has wired it to be , Virgo is the sign of fertility ,you might not be all of the above mentioned about the sign cos of certain placements in your natal chart....Oh yes Virgo is also a sign of pregnancy and the child is birthed in Pisces which explains more why they’re opposites, I have a Virgo rising and I look innocent, womanly and very sensual and every Virgo ascendant I’ve seen is like that it’s even so feminine that males with Virgo placements tend to have feminine features

Virgo is known to be analytical cos it’s ruled by mercury just like saying Pisces is known for strong knowledge and philosophy which is because it’s ruled by Jupiter

I am talking about Virgo as a zodiac sign not because of it’s ruling planet

Leo is known for it’s leadership skills cos it’s the lion not because it’s ruled by the Sun alone

Virgo is mutable earth which is very strong in the feminine gender , “Mutable “ meaning flexibility, yielding....earth element is yin so no matter how intolerant you’re of my logical explanations, it doesn’t change the nature of what astrology has made the sign to be.....Venus is Passive and rules Taurus but Taurus is known for the total opposite their unyielding stubbornness so will you say that Taurus is known for being the most passive cos it’s ruled by Venus lol

The thing is that there’s a lot of bias in astrology and yes people will literally use themselves to generalize a certain zodiac or placements , everything I wrote there about Virgo isn’t just my observation but from what every astrologers has confirmed , before I create threads due to my observations I usually make proper research to be 💯 sure that I’m not sounding narrow minded but yh astrology is all for fun at the end of the day ☺️

Last edited:

david starling

I consider Pallas Athena, the foremost virgin goddess of ancient Greece, to be the best representation of Virgo. She was originally a winged goddess, but in place of wings she was given a winged companion, called Nike. But, contrary to popular belief, it was Athena herself who was "Goddess of Victory, not Nike, who was merely her messenger.

She was defender of the City-state, not just for Athens, but for most of them, including Crete. "Wise in the arts of war and the arts of peace", undefeated in battle and bestower of victory. Virgo is known as the Sign of Generals because of strategic abilities.

There's a real gender difference for Sun-Virgos: The females can be as the OP describes them. The males aren't feminine, although they're usually polite and clean, and have a strong sexual appetite they usually keep under control.

waybread

The classic nativity scene maps out pretty well on the constellations visible at the winter solstice at midnight in Bethlehem, especially if we consider that a mom who had just given birth would probably be lying down, not kneeling, seated, or standing, as Mary is typically portrayed in Christian art of the nativity.

Virgo rises. Cancer's central asterism, Praesepe, is called "the manger," flanked by two stars called "the asses" (the equine type.) Taurus the ox, Aries the ram. Not too far off in Auriga is Capella, the goat.

The book of Revelation is full of constellations encoded as a kind of mythic end of days. In the book of Revelation, Virgo has two guises-- the beautiful winged woman about to give birth, and the Whore of Babylon, mounted on the constellation Hydra, the huge water snake.

I consider Pallas Athena, the foremost virgin goddess of ancient Greece, to be the best representation of Virgo. She was originally a winged goddess, but in place of wings she was given a winged companion, called Nike. But, contrary to popular belief, it was Athena herself who was "Goddess of Victory, not Nike, who was merely her messenger.

She was defender of the City-state, not just for Athens, but for most of them, including Crete. "Wise in the arts of war and the arts of peace", undefeated in battle and bestower of victory. Virgo is known as the Sign of Generals because of strategic abilities.

There's a real gender difference for Sun-Virgos: The females can be as the OP describes them. The males aren't feminine, although they're usually polite and clean, and have a strong sexual appetite they usually keep under control.

I agree with this , we all have different placements both feminine and masculine energies.....The Virgo constellation was a composite of all goddesses in all cultures including Athena Yh but a lot of people who are very pressed about gender roles will look for the most irrelevant reasons to prove you wrong like it’s a competition on who’s the most in every aspect of astrology, well I understand cos our society sees femininity as attraction so I have noticed a pattern in the fire / air sign females resenting we water / earth signs cos we’re known to be the feminine signs......to me it all boils down to how you carry yourself at the end of the day

The classic nativity scene maps out pretty well on the constellations visible at the winter solstice at midnight in Bethlehem, especially if we consider that a mom who had just given birth would probably be lying down, not kneeling, seated, or standing, as Mary is typically portrayed in Christian art of the nativity.

Virgo rises. Cancer's central asterism, Praesepe, is called "the manger," flanked by two stars called "the asses" (the equine type.) Taurus the ox, Aries the ram. Not too far off in Auriga is Capella, the goat.

The book of Revelation is full of constellations encoded as a kind of mythic end of days. In the book of Revelation, Virgo has two guises-- the beautiful winged woman about to give birth, and the Whore of Babylon, mounted on the constellation Hydra, the huge water snake.

In African mythology the goddess Oshun & Yemaja are both associated with the Virgo sign and they’re all celebrated on the 8th & 12th of September according to the Orishas, basically beginning of September is the time of the year when women celebrate the healing of divine femininity

david starling

Sun-Virgos are usually detail-oriented, but are able to see the big picture as well.

The females are devoted to their fathers (in a Platonic manner), and the same for the males, regarding their mothers.

Last edited:
Sun-Virgos are usually detail-oriented, but are able to see the big picture as well.

The females are devoted to their fathers (in a Platonic manner), and the same for the males, regarding their mothers.

The females are very traditional, let’s use Blake lively with a Virgo stellium for example , she’s very feminine and is loyal to her husband , most Virgo suns I’ve seen are very committed too

waybread

Just like saying Pisces is a harmful sign because the 12th house is known as malefic ����*♀️? Sagittarius is not a barren sign but it’s an Uber masculine sign so barrenness of a sign has absolutely nothing to do with my description about the Virgo sign , it is what astrology has wired it to be , Virgo is the sign of fertility ,you might not be all of the above mentioned about the sign cos of certain placements in your natal chart....Oh yes Virgo is also a sign of pregnancy and the child is birthed in Pisces which explains more why they’re opposites, I have a Virgo rising and I look innocent, womanly and very sensual and every Virgo ascendant I’ve seen is like that it’s even so feminine that males with Virgo placements tend to have feminine features

If you wish, we could talk about traditional astrology's barren and fruitful signs. In Hellenistic astrology, the air and fire signs were labeled masculine, and the earth and water signs were labeled feminine. I don't care for this model personally, but it is what it is. Masculine signs by definition are not fruitful, although they can have modifying fruitful factors. Planets come into this scheme with the Aristotelian 4 qualities of hot, cold, wet, and dry. Jupiter is warm and moist, which helps out both Sagittarius and Pisces, the other sign of Jupiter's traditional rulership.

As Deborah Houlding has shown in Houses: Temples of the Sky, the conflation of signs, houses, and planets is a modern invention. Traditionally Pisces does not have a connection with the 12th house, except in medical astrology.

You can describe yourself however you like. Probably many Virgo-ish males pass you unnoticed if you don't know their horoscopes.

One thing about people with the sun or ascendant in Mercury-ruled signs is that we tend to look younger than our chronological age. I attribute this to Mercury

In my case my Virgo ascendant is squared by Uranus. You can imagine what that's like. Similarly, a planet in the first house or aspecting the ascendant or first house planet/s can really modify the Virgo rising signature.

Virgo is known to be analytical cos it’s ruled by mercury just like saying Pisces is known for strong knowledge and philosophy which is because it’s ruled by Jupiter.

I am talking about Virgo as a zodiac sign not because of it’s ruling planet

Leo is known for it’s leadership skills cos it’s the lion not because it’s ruled by the Sun alone

Virgo is mutable earth which is very strong in the feminine gender , “Mutable “ meaning flexibility, yielding....earth element is yin so no matter how intolerant you’re of my logical explanations, it doesn’t change the nature of what astrology has made the sign to be.....Venus is Passive and rules Taurus but Taurus is known for the total opposite their unyielding stubbornness so will you say that Taurus is known for being the most passive cos it’s ruled by Venus lol

OK, but we can look at classical astrology or some other astrology. Venus is exalted in Pisces but falls in Virgo. Traditionally Venus is weakened in Virgo. So is Jupiter. It rules Pisces and is in detriment in Virgo. So the two principle fructifying planets seem to find Virgo inhospitable if we look at essential dignities.

Also, keep in mind that not all Leos are natural leaders. Some are too arrogant and bossy. More often, a solar Leo faces an affliction that causes the lions to retreat to the dens.

The thing is there’s a lot of bias in astrology and yes people will literally use themselves to generalize a certain zodiac or placements , everything I wrote there about Virgo isn’t just my observation but from what every astrologer has confirmed , before I create threads due to my observations I usually make proper research to be �� sure that I’m not sounding narrow minded but yh astrology is all for fun at the end of the day ☺️

You've got some interesting ideas, but they are not "what every astrologer has confirmed." I think you started out with a personal love of femininity in its various embodied and mythic forms-- which is fine-- but that, too, can make your descriptions idiosyncratic.

We have to be careful of sweeping generalizations in astrology. Every horoscope is different and Virgo will have different manifestations.

Last edited:

waybread

Thanks, David. In Antiquity when people worshipped these goddesses, they drew correspondences that astrologers are apt to overlook today.

Ceres is another contender for a strong Virgo affinity, or perhaps her daughter Proserpine (Demeter/Persephone) just based on the mythology going back to ancient Sumer. I have tried to use Ceres as a house cusp ruler for Virgo, though, but without much success.

waybread

Look GarnishedCrab, if ultra-femininity is what you value, nothing I post is going to change your mind about it.

But astrologically we run into a few problems going back in time, thanks to precession of the equinoxes. A sun-Virgo today would have been a sun-Leo in Roman times, unless the sun were in a late degree.

More to the point: at this stage, those of us who read horoscopes for people are tearing our hair out, because a chart consists of hundreds of data bytes, all of which can influence one's appearance, marital fidelity, devotion to a parent, celebrity status,and so on and so forth.

Not to mention non-astrological factors like genetics.

Which is why sun-sign astrology is not the form practiced by professionals (possibly accepting Linda Goodman??)

If you wish, we could talk about traditional astrology's barren and fruitful signs. In Hellenistic astrology, the air and fire signs were labeled masculine, and the earth and water signs were labeled feminine. I don't care for this model personally, but it is what it is. Masculine signs by definition are not fruitful, although they can have modifying fruitful factors. Planets come into this scheme with the Aristotelian 4 qualities of hot, cold, wet, and dry. Jupiter is warm and moist, which helps out both Sagittarius and Pisces, the other sign of Jupiter's traditional rulership.

As Deborah Houlding has shown in Houses: Temples of the Sky, the conflation of signs, houses, and planets is a modern invention. Traditionally Pisces does not have a connection with the 12th house, except in medical astrology.

You can describe yourself however you like. Probably many Virgo-ish males pass you unnoticed if you don't know their horoscopes.

One thing about people with the sun or ascendant in Mercury-ruled signs is that we tend to look younger than our chronological age. I attribute this to Mercury

In my case my Virgo ascendant is squared by Uranus. You can imagine what that's like. Similarly, a planet in the first house or aspecting the ascendant or first house planet/s can really modify the Virgo rising signature.

OK, but we can look at classical astrology or some other astrology. Venus is exalted in Pisces but falls in Virgo. Traditionally Venus is weakened in Virgo. So is Jupiter. It rules Pisces and is in detriment in Virgo. So the two principle fructifying planets seem to find Virgo inhospitable if we look at essential dignities.

Also, keep in mind that not all Leos are natural leaders. Some are too arrogant and bossy. More often, a solar Leo faces an affliction that causes the lions to retreat to the dens.

You've got some interesting ideas, but they are not "what every astrologer has confirmed." I think you started out with a personal love of femininity in its various embodied and mythic forms-- which is fine-- but that, too, can make your descriptions idiosyncratic.

We have to be careful of sweeping generalizations in astrology. Every horoscope is different and Virgo will have different manifestations.

Most of the time your looks depending on your ascendant is based on the symbol of the zodiac sign in addition to the planet , Virgo risings look virginal and feminine and yes younger than their age cos of mercury and got some stomach issues

Well it’s quite confusing that up till now people refuse to understand the meaning of debilities and detriments , Jupiter sees the big picture while Virgo is detail oriented , Pisces is more carefree in love while Virgo is more cautious and picky meaning Venus is weak in Virgo cos Virgo has a fastidious approach to love they don’t trust people easily but still passive and can be self sacrificing when they’ve settled down with the right person , So it has nothing to do with with barrenness or fruitfulness , Both Venus and Virgo embodies the divine feminine energies and yes google it , I didn’t make this up , astrology set it that way , there are numerous aspects of astrology you know and it still stands that despite Virgo being a barren sign cos of mercury, it is still the sign of fertility which is the major reason why she holds the wheat

But your perception about Leos won’t change the nature of what astrology has made them to be , that’s what I’m saying, some people just oppose others opinions out of resentment and not even proper facts , you must’ve had a bad encounter with Leos but that doesn’t mean they’re not the king of the jungle haha

And yes you’re right we have to be careful

Thanks, David. In Antiquity when people worshipped these goddesses, they drew correspondences that astrologers are apt to overlook today.

Ceres is another contender for a strong Virgo affinity, or perhaps her daughter Proserpine (Demeter/Persephone) just based on the mythology going back to ancient Sumer. I have tried to use Ceres as a house cusp ruler for Virgo, though, but without much success.

Yes I mentioned Ceres too earlier

waybread

GarnishedCrab, at this point I am curious as to (a) what has been your astrological education. You seem to favor the most popular forms. I am sorry that this will seem insulting to you, but it is what I consider "astrology lite."

(b) What do you see as the nature of human beings, such that it makes sense to describe them in terms of shallow, static personality traits?

You know, so-called radical feminists in the 1980s were talking about healing feminine energy and goddesses. 40 years later, what difference did any of it make?

I get that it is super-meaningful for some women, which I think is great. But there's nothing universal about it. I mean, isn't there a healing masculine energy? Or a healing asexual energy?

This may come as a shocker, but yin and yang are cultural constructs borrowed from Asian traditions.

Look GarnishedCrab, if ultra-femininity is what you value, nothing I post is going to change your mind about it.

But astrologically we run into a few problems going back in time, thanks to precession of the equinoxes. A sun-Virgo today would have been a sun-Leo in Roman times, unless the sun were in a late degree.

More to the point: at this stage, those of us who read horoscopes for people are tearing our hair out, because a chart consists of hundreds of data bytes, all of which can influence one's appearance, marital fidelity, devotion to a parent, celebrity status,and so on and so forth.

Not to mention non-astrological factors like genetics.

Which is why sun-sign astrology is not the form practiced by professionals (possibly accepting Linda Goodman??)

Yes you’re right , in Vedic astrology I’m a Gemini sun , some virgos are Leos in Vedic , some Pisces are Aquariuses, some Taurus are Aries all in Vedic astrology......I have a Gemini mercury so I’m extremely logical, that’s why my explanations are always in details , I have analyzed each sign especially we water signs and earth signs , I won’t say Virgo is the most feminine zodiac sign cos there’s no most feminine or most masculine but if we’re to say that then I strongly believe that Pisces , Cancer & Virgo are the most feminine out of the 6 of us , honestly people who take a first glance at someone and feel their energy will highly understand what I’m saying about Virgo symbolizing our feminine side , You know most times planets are used to judge the energy of a zodiac and forgetting that there are way more factors that impact the personality of a sign than just planets.....the Sun is the most masculine planet but because it rules Leo doesn’t mean Leo is the most masculine, Aries & Capricorn for example have very manly personalities, Leos are very sassy , refined and you know clean clean and that’s not as masculine as Aries

waybread

GarnishedCrab, you're falling into a kind of logical fallacy, which is that if someone has a different view of a sign (or of astrology more generally) than you do, she must have had a bad experience with it. Can you see how you try to reduce someone's argument to her assumed undigested emotions about a past event?

This ploy is not only a turn-off, but it can cause you to overlook the gist of the person's statements.

I've been studying astrology for over 30 years. By now I've got a few hundred books and articles in my home library, and I've read a few thousand charts for people. That doesn't give me any gold stars, but it does mean that I normally stand behind what I post.

Incidentally, I've had good and bad experiences with Leos. They are not all identical, as you know. My sister is a sun Leo. My moon is in Leo. Every sign has positive and negative traits. Including Virgo.

But then, is a basket of simplistic character traits the best astrology has to offer???

GarnishedCrab, at this point I am curious as to (a) what has been your astrological education. You seem to favor the most popular forms. I am sorry that this will seem insulting to you, but it is what I consider "astrology lite."

(b) What do you see as the nature of human beings, such that it makes sense to describe them in terms of shallow, static personality traits?

You know, so-called radical feminists in the 1980s were talking about healing feminine energy and goddesses. 40 years later, what difference did any of it make?

I get that it is super-meaningful for some women, which I think is great. But there's nothing universal about it. I mean, isn't there a healing masculine energy? Or a healing asexual energy?

This may come as a shocker, but yin and yang are cultural constructs borrowed from Asian traditions.

I honestly do not know how to phantom what you just said lol , you were just talking about generalizations weren’t you? So here you’re jumping into conclusion about my perception of astrology because maybe we’re debating on a sign that you don’t really value ? Maybe , maybe not , you have argued with me back and forth on this topic but watch how you’re the only one poking holes at my knowledge and general perception about astrology, that’s why I said astrology is filled with narrow minded opinions including mine lol but it’s very mature to respect the opinions and observations of others while having a healthy and logical debate