Virgo and sexuality

VenusInAries

Re: sexuality discussion

From my research of prostitue charts they all had strong virgo.. house of service yes but I assume it's related to the ancient use of Vestal Virgins .. back in the day Virgin didn't mean chaste.. it meant a woman that never got married and served in the temple to "initiate" boys into manhood. And please don't school me on vesta I know because that is also with the virgo prostitute stuff.

VenusInAries

Vestal Virgins and Sex Magick

Ishtar, the Great Whore of Babylon, was sometimes called the Goddess Har since she was the mother of the Harlots. These Harlots were not prostitutes as we know them, but priestesses, sorceresses, prophets, and healers. Sacred Whores were known sometimes as the Holy Virgins of Goddesses such as Ishtar, Asherah, or Aphrodite. The famous Vestal Virgins were thought to have practiced secret sex magical rites in honor of the Roman Goddess Vesta, the same as the Greek goddess Hestia -- Goddess of the Hearth, or "center of the world."

"Virgin" did not mean possessing an intact hymen. A virgin was simply an unmarried woman, a woman who claimed ownership of herself. Think of Athena, the maiden goddess who jumped off a cliff rather than submit to wedlock. We see a similar story in the Hebraic tradition where Lilith, unwilling to subjugate herself to Adam in the male-dominant missionary position, exiled herself from paradise in exchange for her own sovereignty.

But Holy Whores weren't man-haters. Their function was dispensing the grace of the God/Goddess through sexual worship by sharing their bodies with worthy initiates and with each other.

VenusInAries

Virgo is associated with the myth of Peresphone, in which the daughter of the grain goddess Demeter is abducted into the underworld by Hades. In Demeter's grief, she neglects the earth and people starve. Zeus intercedes to bring Persephone back, but Hades slips Persie a bottle of Pom Wonderful, which results in her needing to stay in his realm for four months every year.

The underworld is a kinky place, full of sexual deviants. The Virgo female needs to occasionally get dirty to fulfill her contract. One archetypal expression of Virgo is the Sacred Prostitute, serving the Divine through the sensual arts. The key for the Virgo female is to get down while maintaining her integrity. She can be "pure of spirit" in the bedroom, as long as she does not stray from her center.

Kind of like the movie Pretty Woman. Boink the client just don't kiss them, thus staying pure of spirit.

VenusInAries

Very interesting Shining yes I would love to discuss the sacred prostitute and Virgo more perhaps we should create a new thread..would we need to move any stuff over? Or I would be happy to create one.. and yes Even Madonna back in the day with the song " Like a Virgin".. She has Virgo Rising with Pluto right on the Rising and Venus and Mars in Virgo in the 8th house.

VenusInAries

I also found out that Virgo is Latin for unmarried.

Virgin’ Goddesses are powerful archetypes in the collective consciousness – they were never abstractions, but integral to daily life in ancient cultures. Their virginity was symbolic, they were ripe, fertile, ‘maidens’ belonging to no man and owing allegiance to no tribe or nation. To our ancestors, a ‘virgin’ was not asexual, she just did not ‘belong to any man’ – she was her own person, the human interpreter of the Divine Will of Goddess. She was a vessel for sacred sexuality – A Sacred Prostitute.

‘Holy Virgin’ was the title given to the Harlot-Priestesses of Ishtar, or Aphrodite, the female aspect of Divinity. This title referred to a woman who was unmarried, and who would dispense the healing Grace of Goddess through sexual worship, healing, sacred song and dance, and prophesy. These women were given the name qadishtu, literally translated, means ‘sanctified women’ or ‘holy women’, according to Merlin Stone (When God Was a Woman, Barnes and Noble, 1976).

I find there is a duality to Virgo. On one end of the spectrum is the virgin and the other the sacred prostitute. An image that Madonna, in the 80's, played very well. They either become the girls that their boyfriends can take home to mother, or the ones that men enjoy in the bedroom but would never bring home to meet the family.

VenusInAries

Great Moulin!! Would love to hear what it says.. and thank you for moving this Shining I do think it's a great topic .. would you mind sending me Julia's chart or I can find it on my own I would be curious to see hers.

And yes I have venus in aries in the 6th house all in detriment.. I think it personal gives me the desire for relationship but yet the need for my personal space and freedom and my aries amazon warrior will fight for it unfortunetly lol. I know with Daniel Giamarios Shamanic Astrology work his archetype for Virgo is the spiderwoman..weaving ..she has sacred work to do and needs her sacred space.

Makes me also wonder besides sex how the virgo energy is brought to life thru work in whatever form that maybe. I know Capricorn are the workaholics but I wonder with the dedication to sacred duties and work that Virgo takes on how that manifest in the life work wise..hopefully that made sense lol.

Moulin

extract from "sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes" by Starsky and Cox

Virgo Woman

"And God created woman. Virgo is the definitive earth mother which, by this very nature makes her a bundle of contradictions. She is at once an unassuming character and a powerfuly feminine force to be reckoned with. virgo woman is giving and nurturing, but equally reliant on others. Physically, she exudes an air of inaccessibility, indeed a fragility, that inspires a man's lustful and protective urges in equal measure. Virgo prokects a good-girl image, no matter how hard she may seek to shatter it - even engaging her in conversation feels like seduction, while bedding her can't help but smack of sweet corruption. Meanwhile, she is eager to give herself to a man, especially in servile capacities. Pleasing a lover tops Virgo's erotic agenda, and more than any other woman, she treats a guy like a sexual lord and master. In return, however, she demands a man possess studly power of the first order, such that many find themselves diminished in the mating process, unable to fulfill her lofty sexual expectations. It is a mark of her being born into the 6th astrological house of service that Virgo seems so willing to provide, essentially, whatever function one wishes of her. Nobody is more like a piece of clay than she. She is willing to yield her own desires to the needs of others to achieve a sense of syntheses, a functional flow aimed at satisfying common goals as well as individual ones. "

Body & Soul
"The truth is, these earth girls are easy. And virgo tries her damnest to signal sexual interest in a man, even letting herself be 'caught' with her eyes alighting upon his crotch. She hang's on a guy's every word, leaning into conversation, all ears and heaving cleavage, listening as if in a state of suspended fascination. She thinks she's sending out clear signals of sexual availability - instead, she merely makes a man feel at ease, winning her the dubious honour of being easy to talk to."

Sex and Sexuality
"She is simultaneously, sacred territory and a remarkably sexy bombshell, embodying many a man's conflicting view of femalekind as Madonna and whore, all pieced together into one jiggling, juicy package. Somehow wanting to lay her, rather than marry, protect, and preserve her, is akin to littering at the Grand Canyon. As befits her mutable-earth status, and the 6th house quality of confornism, Virgo woman is designed to blend, indeed contour, herself to any given situation. When it comes to relationships, she naturally seeks to fill any existing holes in a man's life, making herself a useful tool for healing any ailing areas, whether he be professionally lagging or in need of rehabilitated personal habits."

:D

PYXIS

and indeed a very informative and exciting thread...I believe that venus is in detriment in virgo, but very 'content' in the 12H.....now I see why!!

gaer

Hex Astrology said:
This because Venus is considerated the co-significator of 12th house in the planetary joys. So Venus fells somewhat good in 12th house.
Actually, I want to keep this straight for myself.

The cosignificators are Venus and Pisces. Saturn is a "joy".

And it gets worse:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h12.html

"[…] Lilly notes: "the significator in the 12th house can show someone in despair"

Also, on the same page:

Associated Planets:
Saturn rejoices in this house; Lilly notes: "for naturally Saturn is author of mischief'
(p.56).
Cosignificators are Pisces and Venus.

So if you have Venus and Saturn in the 12th, I don't think Lilly thought there was anything good about either.

(I have both in the 12th, conjunct, Venus not in Virgo, but Saturn in Virgo, and I have Virgo AC).

Gaer

Squapius

Banned
Then the virgin was in the ancient times, a holy female figure that had the duty an priviledge of give love for the sake of honoring it, and have sex for pleasing every sacred desire?
That´s good!
Then, the apparent shyness of virgo people, is due to their high esteem they have for sex and because they want to keep it pure!! The same feeling that scorpio people have [Just that they have a different way of expressing it]!!

Is good.

Everybody must know that sex is sacred.
Then all would be different.

But what happens with prostitutes that haven´t virgo confugurations?
How´s the chart of a woman forced to be prostitute by the circumstances?

········································································································································

Moulin: You don´t know how I would want to have the Sextrology book.
That book would worth the reading.

Hi,

I have known many a person with Aquarius strong in their charts, to "serve" in the sex industry. Makes sense, many Aquarians act in service to others, to humanity. I wouldnt say only Virgo has the power to be of service at all. Saying that though, I think you'd find heaps of prostitutes, with every sign covered.

LTG

dourage

Is anybody still reading this thread?

Just wanted to say HI IM NEW, first of all.

Second, I'm a Virgo Sun with a Virgo Venus and Mars, and I've had a lot of trouble with relationships. I find it hard to open up, and am very critical of anyone whom I want to get intimate with. I think most of the stuff said here makes a lot of sense; I have a lot of friends but rarely allow anybody to come close enough. One of the few people who I allowed to come close told me he never knew I was interested and thought I didn't like him, when I thought I was being the most obvious ever.

I don't necessarily think it's all about "service", though, as people keep emphasizing. I think it's also about the lack of wanting or being willing to lose control and get lost in the moment of love. That's something I've been dealing with, at least. It takes a lot of persuasion to get me to open up in a romantic way, though once I'm there, there's no stopping it and I'm in it for the long haul. I don't know how much of that can blamed on my Scorpio Rising, however.

dourage said:
I don't necessarily think it's all about "service", though, as people keep emphasizing. I think it's also about the lack of wanting or being willing to lose control and get lost in the moment of love. That's something I've been dealing with, at least. It takes a lot of persuasion to get me to open up in a romantic way, though once I'm there, there's no stopping it and I'm in it for the long haul. I don't know how much of that can blamed on my Scorpio Rising, however.
Hey dourage =),

I just wanted to say: That's EXACTLY how I feel about my "Virgo regions" and I really like this quote.

Wilmingtonian

This is a fascinating discussion.

I'm a Virgo sun and I can relate to a lot that's been said. (Note to self: by a copy of that "Sextrology" book) I have this whole weird thing about wanting to be wanted desperately, yet I'm quickly offended if I feel my sexuality has been disrespected in any way.

When I was in college I used to have these funny little rituals about sex. No one else knew about them but they were important to me - things I had to do to make it feel "sacred". In light of the discussion that started this thread and ritual prostitutes/sexual holy rites, that makes sense. Some ancient knowledge still lingering in my DNA perhaps?

aquarius7000

Wilmingtonian said:
This is a fascinating discussion.

I'm a Virgo sun and I can relate to a lot that's been said. (Note to self: by a copy of that "Sextrology" book) I have this whole weird thing about wanting to be wanted desperately, yet I'm quickly offended if I feel my sexuality has been disrespected in any way.

When I was in college I used to have these funny little rituals about sex. No one else knew about them but they were important to me - things I had to do to make it feel "sacred". In light of the discussion that started this thread and ritual prostitutes/sexual holy rites, that makes sense. Some ancient knowledge still lingering in my DNA perhaps?
I agree with the both of you Dourage and Wilmingtonian - I was blessed with my (aquarian) Sun and Merc in 6 (Virgo), though I have no planets in Virgo direct. I shudder at the thought of losing myself in a situation or losing control (cud also have to do with my Capri moon). But also that 'service bit' applies to me (though Ive Venus in Pisces, too), always ready to sacrifice my time and energy or whatever else is needed for a cause.