Venus Stationary = Best Time To Get Hitched?

StarNur

I read somewhere (I can't remember where) that when Venus is stationary -either right before it goes retrograde or right before it goes in direct mode again - that it is the optimum time for beautitification and decoration. How about for something as serious as an engagement and marriage? I know 3 people who got engaged/married over the last few days. Is this really an auspiscious day (the day Venus is about to switch direction)? What are your thoughts? I thought it would be like Mercury, and when it's about to go retrograde you can feel it for days or weeks before and after.

StarNur

I still cant find the reference. I would image when Venus is stationary before it goes direct would be ideal, and not before it goes retrograde.

StarNur

Any opinions on getting married on this date:

April 18 2009?

Conjunction of:
Venus 29 deg Pisces (venus stationary finishing retrograde motion)
Mars 26 deg Pisces
Uranus 24 deg Pisces

Square my natal Venus 7th
Square his natal Sun/Neptune 11th

Will send you PM as the forum rules stipulate that only 100words can be used from another author without stating the author, book or website and as I don’t recall exactly where or who and don’t want to commit plagiarism, don’t have any choice but to PM as I do want you to have the full information or quote……

StarNur

Thank you astrologer50... the article was very informative.

For now, there is one point in particular that I am confused about...
The article you sent me suggests that Venus at the 29th deg is unfortunate.
I've also read that the 29th deg can be favourable. And Venus is in exaltation in Pisces.

Planets at 0 or 29 Degrees of a Sign:

The 29th degree always brings a great fullness of whatever that sign represents. For example, Venus at 29 degrees Pisces would have compassion, intuition, refined aesthetic sense, spiritual and romantic love. I find the focus is very much on the sign in question, in this example Pisces, and then when the planet goes into the next sign by transit or progression, there is a big burst of energy, a mini-explosion into a new area, a new way of being.

Planets at 29 degrees and at 0 degrees are very powerful, one in an experienced, confident, even masterful way, and the other in a fresh, innocent, and impulsive way that demands attention.

Now in a natal chart, the 29 degree planet will likely progress to 0 degrees of the next sign fairly soon after birth, so both influences operate. The person still has all the 29 degree sign experience for the course of the lifetime, yet branches out and moves into the new sign as well, giving lots of possibilities since adjacent signs are quite different.

Later, the planet may progress into yet another sign, which adds even more richness and complexity to the way the person creates his life. We pick up so much experience and perspective as we go along, this makes for a very rich lifetime if we can appreciate it.
http://www.internationalastrologers.com/love_astroids.htm

But then i came across this:

29 degrees of all signs in predictions means the ending of something..

29 degrees of Pisces is a permanent ending in predictive astrology, as is 29 degrees of Taurus. Beyond these degrees, there is no hope of continuation.

Scheat - [29 degrees of Pisces] Extreme misfortune, suicide, drowning, murder, rapidly gaining and losing friends, unpredictable nature, inclned to fantasize.

http://www.bemyastrologer.com/fixedstars.html

Which interpretation is correct???????

The period Venus is stationary----particularly right before it goes retrograde is optimum for any type of aesthetic procedure as long as the Moon isn’t void of course.

The Stationary Effect
When a planet is stationary, the time is about to go retrograde or direct in motion, its influence is most pronounced. About a week or so before or after it is about to go direct or retrograde the world wakes up to Venus. As mentioned above, there can be an intense buying spree, though somewhat diminished in this economy As well as a release or new musical material, a rash of parties and socializing, as well as the onset and development of romantic relationships. Progress can be made in the resolution of differences between individuals and nations.
http://accessnewage.com/Felissa/09venrx.HTM

My research shows that Venus stationary increases the chances for successful diplomacy and peace moves
users.sfo.com/~eameece/book.htm

What effect would the Venus shadow have?

Last edited:
Classic critical degrees are
0, 13, and 26 degrees of the cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn);
8-9 and 21-22 degrees of fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius); and
4 and 17 degrees of mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces). These are considered sensitive, and sometimes strengthening, points. If a natal planet is found in a critical degree, that planet is emphasized and assumes more power in the life of the native due to its placement.
Many astrologers consider 0 and 29 degrees of any sign critical degrees as well. The 0 and 29 degrees are more crisis-oriented points, especially in predictive work.
If a natal planet is found at 29 degrees of any sign, also known as the Anaretic degree, there can be some real issues with decision-making in that part of the personality represented by the energies of the planet. The native may evaluate and re-evaluate situations before making a move one day, and the next day, jump into the action without listening to himself or herself! For example, if Mars is at 29 degrees, the native may devise many plans of actions, worry excessively about the possible actions and different routes to take, and then execute a spontaneous action that is contrary to the decision!

hermetic

StarNur, thanks for starting this thread :)

astrologer50, since I am very much interested in the same subject would you mind sending the article to me also :eek:

I am very curious about opinions on how Venus stationary before it goes direct effects the relationship started, especially since this was on 29th degree of Pisces and we had Mars and Uranus inolved? :confused: we have exaltation, true, but the last degree, hmmm:rolleyes:

I started a relationship with someone during this period
This Venus(plus Mars and Uranus) was conjunct my guy's Venus, and opposing mine - it was completely sudden - meeting him, then getting together, all happened very quick.
But we are getting more and more attached everyday, and I could openly say this is the most serious relationship in my life so far, it doesn't look like it is going to end anytime soon.

does anyone have any experiences - what are the influences of this particular state of Venus for starting a new love?