Venus in 7th House

Could someone help me understand the way this placement affects my attractions and romantic behavior? I feel like it is very telling but could use some insight from others.

My Venus in Aries is in my 7th house, and having looked through the charts of former and current lovers, I have a looooong history of dating men with Aries moons. With all of these lovers, the relationship always began casually, and I'm pretty sure I gave each of them the same "I'm not looking for anything serious" speech from the start. However all of these blossomed into a more emotional and loving relationship, and though we might have technically been at liberty, each of these became something like a partnership. And with all of them, when the time came for it to end, it was quite painful for both parties.

It's funny cause I feel like I am capable of loving anybody in the moment. Maybe not tomorrow or the next day... but in the moment I'm full of love for whomever I'm with, and I give it freely and openly. Ending a romance is usually quite painless for me though, and when it feels like the right thing to do I hardly suffer. It's only with these Aries moons that I pine...

Could Venus in the 7th house make it easy to be a "partner" to someone I'm attracted to, but just as easy to drift away when the attraction has died out? Does anyone have any insight into why those with Aries moons have such a powerful effect on me?

Zarathu

Account Closed
Natally Venus is your least friction planet. Using the energies of Venus(BEAUTY, ATTRACTION, COHESION, AFFECTION, COURTESY, HARMONY,
AMIABLE, GENTILITY, CULTURE, FINANCES, MARRIAGE, PARTNERSHIP,VANITY, SELF-INDULGENCE, I HAVE, I WEIGH) comes naturally for you because using them causes the least difficulties in your environment.

Likewise the stuff of the seventh house(MARRIAGE, PARTNERSHIPS, etc) are the second lowest friction among all your houses.

Aries(OUTSPOKEN, EXECUTIVE, INDEPENDENT QUICK WIT, PROUD, SELF RELIANT, IMPULSIVE, DARING) is the least friction sign in your chart.

You will be drawn to using energies and event circumstances that are easy and comfortable to use. Its quite easy to see in your natal chart.

Natally Venus is your least friction planet. Using the energies of Venus(BEAUTY, ATTRACTION, COHESION, AFFECTION, COURTESY, HARMONY,
AMIABLE, GENTILITY, CULTURE, FINANCES, MARRIAGE, PARTNERSHIP,VANITY, SELF-INDULGENCE, I HAVE, I WEIGH) comes naturally for you because using them causes the least difficulties in your environment.

Likewise the stuff of the seventh house(MARRIAGE, PARTNERSHIPS, etc) are the second lowest friction among all your houses.

Aries(OUTSPOKEN, EXECUTIVE, INDEPENDENT QUICK WIT, PROUD, SELF RELIANT, IMPULSIVE, DARING) is the least friction sign in your chart.

You will be drawn to using energies and event circumstances that are easy and comfortable to use. Its quite easy to see in your natal chart.

Thank you! Do you have any online resources you could pass along about the friction of planets and houses? This is a new concept to me.

kimbermoon

You need to assess other factors rather than just Venus to get a true picture of your relationship chemistry. What are the aspects to Venus therein? What does she rule in the chart? There would be a greater impetus for love if she ruled the 5th H as well. I use a technique that includes a delineation of the interchange of energies between Venus, Moon and Mars. As such the Moon rules your emotional conditioning from the past, often depicting emotional needs that were not met while young; Mars represents your desires that stimulate the motivation for love; and Venus represents the values and beliefs about relationship that have been carried over from the past; as such it also relates to personal expectations about love. With Venus in Aries one tends to uphold the values of independence, self-confidence and control and that can sometimes make for rather unrealistic expectations in others. When our expectations fail to be met, romance tends to dwindle. When you hook up with Aries Moon guys you probably appreciate their direct and straightforward manners, their ability to be in control, and their ardent expressions of love. Afflictions to this Venus sign can also make for anger issues and control issues in a relationship?
So in consideration of your own Moon, what do you feel you are lacking within yourself that you expect a partner to fulfil?

You need to assess other factors rather than just Venus to get a true picture of your relationship chemistry. What are the aspects to Venus therein? What does she rule in the chart? There would be a greater impetus for love if she ruled the 5th H as well. I use a technique that includes a delineation of the interchange of energies between Venus, Moon and Mars. As such the Moon rules your emotional conditioning from the past, often depicting emotional needs that were not met while young; Mars represents your desires that stimulate the motivation for love; and Venus represents the values and beliefs about relationship that have been carried over from the past; as such it also relates to personal expectations about love. With Venus in Aries one tends to uphold the values of independence, self-confidence and control and that can sometimes make for rather unrealistic expectations in others. When our expectations fail to be met, romance tends to dwindle. When you hook up with Aries Moon guys you probably appreciate their direct and straightforward manners, their ability to be in control, and their ardent expressions of love. Afflictions to this Venus sign can also make for anger issues and control issues in a relationship?
So in consideration of your own Moon, what do you feel you are lacking within yourself that you expect a partner to fulfil?

So my Moon is in Aquarius, and my Mars is in Gemini. As for the question about what I feel I'm lacking and therefore look for in a partner, the word stimulation leaps to mind. When I have a partner I want to know what makes them tick, why they like what they like, and all this knowledge about them fuels new passions and hobbies for me. I tend to take on some of the traits of my partner and develop a taste for the things my partner likes... and I often carry on with these tastes and hobbies after the relationship has ended. I think of getting to know someone as a kind of intellectual pursuit sometimes, a sort of lesson in human diplomacy. I can definitely see how airy Aqua and Gem feed this aspect. If Mars is the desires that stimulate the motivations for love, the dual and mutable nature of Gemini makes me want to absorb different personalities, take on new traits in a relationship. I'm having trouble connecting Aquarius to emotional condition from the past, however. Could you expand on your method here, please?

I'm curious about this concept of low-friction planets and houses. Isn't Venus in detriment in Aries? Does this constitute an affliction (i don't have much familiarity with this term)? What kind of effect can a detriment have on a low-friction planet? If that planet falls in the 7th house? If Libra rules both Venus and the 7th house, and its opposition Aries falls in both, what kind of energy is produced?

kimbermoon

November 8th
I'd really need to see your birthchart for proper delineation: it's true that the Aquarius Moon is often rather emotionally detached which can mean that you are actually more detached from your own emotions...your conditioning from the past likely provided you with a lot of incentive to be independent and to express your individuality, thus not having to rely on emotional support from others. The Moon represents the affect of the mother's influence in childhood and youth; in turn this has basically pre-programmed you to avoid emotional drama and tension in relationships and to be more direct in expressing your needs. If Moon and Mars are in trine, you would have a better ability to balance between your needs and desires and this would make it easier for you transitioning in a partnership.
As per your needs, Aquarius Moon definitely needs to be allowed to express their independence and autonomy; if your childhood was without major troubles or trauma [as shown by the aspects] you may already find your needs being met; afflictions though could indicate what you still yearn for in partnership; this Moon sign often reflects the potential for feeling like the mother was emotionally detached; depending on Saturn there can be fears of abandonment or neglect buried within the psyche....

Zarathu

Account Closed
Thank you! Do you have any online resources you could pass along about the friction of planets and houses? This is a new concept to me.

Sure.... Astrodynes is a central concept in my astrology. I couldn't deal with 700 asteroids, 256 Arabic parts and the myriad of everything else without being able to establish priorities

Go to my website in my signature line below, and scroll down to Astrodynes/Cosmodynes.

November 8th
I'd really need to see your birthchart for proper delineation: it's true that the Aquarius Moon is often rather emotionally detached which can mean that you are actually more detached from your own emotions...your conditioning from the past likely provided you with a lot of incentive to be independent and to express your individuality, thus not having to rely on emotional support from others. The Moon represents the affect of the mother's influence in childhood and youth; in turn this has basically pre-programmed you to avoid emotional drama and tension in relationships and to be more direct in expressing your needs. If Moon and Mars are in trine, you would have a better ability to balance between your needs and desires and this would make it easier for you transitioning in a partnership.
As per your needs, Aquarius Moon definitely needs to be allowed to express their independence and autonomy; if your childhood was without major troubles or trauma [as shown by the aspects] you may already find your needs being met; afflictions though could indicate what you still yearn for in partnership; this Moon sign often reflects the potential for feeling like the mother was emotionally detached; depending on Saturn there can be fears of abandonment or neglect buried within the psyche....

this was really really interesting to read, gave me a lot to think about. My mother is the image of emotional strength and independence for me, as my father (an Aquarius) more or less dropped out of my life by the time I was 12. Thank you for your insight, I'm going to be thinking about this paradigm a lot now.

My chart is attached if you'd like to see.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_alex_hp.15557.43059.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_alex_hp.15557.43059.gif
    50.4 KB · Views: 12

Zarathu

Account Closed
If you would like a prinout of the power and friction in your chart, please PM me with an email address and I will send you a jpg picture of it from Solar Fire.
Z

skye

Hi, If I can just say something that is just from my own reading and research; so please only take this as an opinion.

Venus in 7th house; you want a partner, a partner that is marriage material. It also means your partner is a very attractive person, even though we like to have an attractive partner, yours has that Venus quality. Also, our relationships become serious and intense.

Venus in Aries; your passionate, not afraid to go after what you want and can be aggressive in your pursuit. You might even like to quarrel a little bit as if you like to break up to make up. But, when the fire is gone and fizzled out you do not mind moving on because you are a romantic and need that new and intriguing romance again that challenges you once again. Once the challenge is conquered you probably get bored lol.

Your partners moon in Aries compliment you, they understand you, care about you in the manner you thrive on. Their moon falls in your 7th house so there is a feeling of love on their part. And, it may be harder for them to forget you. Being moon is feeling and Venus is what you are attracted to and how you love.

You feel comfortable with Aries moon because of the rapport. I think you said your moon is in Aquarius? That means your good at distancing your feelings no matter how hard it may be. Your a no nonsense kind of lady.

Again, I am just going off the top of my had and wanted to respond because I did like reading your post.

alexin

It's funny cause I feel like I am capable of loving anybody in the moment. Maybe not tomorrow or the next day... but in the moment I'm full of love for whomever I'm with, and I give it freely and openly. Ending a romance is usually quite painless for me though, and when it feels like the right thing to do I hardly suffer. It's only with these Aries moons that I pine...

Could Venus in the 7th house make it easy to be a "partner" to someone I'm attracted to, but just as easy to drift away when the attraction has died out? Does anyone have any insight into why those with Aries moons have such a powerful effect on me?

What you have written here is so classic Venus in Aries. Aries likes the chase but gets bored once its target is caught. Those with Aries moon make you pine because they are less easy to capture- they will keep you on your toes and depending on the rest of their charts, especially if their Venus and Mars are in fire, make you live with the fear that they could take off and leave at any minute. They are harder to pin down and maintain their independence even within a relationship. This keeps your Venus in Aries attention and traps it in a constant cycle of chase, which is what it needs for longevity in relationships.

Venus in 7th makes it easy to relate and find partners. But merging with another person conflicts with Aries need for independence so you ultimately pull away and regain freedom. The 7th house is the house of partnerships while Aries is the "me me me" sign. It can be a hard placement but never a dull moment when you find someone who matches you in terms of independence and difficulty to catch.