Venus conjunct the Ascendant.What are the effects?

Lost_spirit

I know that this configuration is supposed to give some beauty or magnetism,but I have it,Venus conjunct the Asc,conjunct Mars,sextile Pluto,and I don't feel really attractive,I don't have guys chasing me.I only had some similar experiences when transiting Jupiter was conjunct my Venus/Ascendant,but besides that things were really dissapointing in my love life and until high school it was considered a joke for someone to like me,I was even made fun of how I looked.
On the other hand,I noticed that guys always take me seriously,they always wanted a relationship with me,never just sex.I should feel honoured by this,but it makes me feel a little un-sexy.
So all this makes me wonder what are the true effects of Venus conjunct the Ascendant,especially since I have it so tight and I don't see any results?

Lampinthedark

Hi...I'm a new member here and I also have Venus conj the Ascendant in Taurus. It depends on what is also aspecting Venus and your Ascendant as to how Venus manifests and also what sign it's in (what rules that, etc.). I have been told many times that I am very attractive although I am getting a bit older now. However, how we are made to feel is a different story. That's the psychological and social manifestations of your chart and how people treated you along the way. You can be gorgeous but feel ugly due to things that have happened to you. Plus transits and solar returns can tell you what's going on with your attitudes for the year.

Renee S.

Lost_spirit

Wow!Quicker response ever!:smile:
Yes,you are right about that,people tell me I'm pretty,but my perception of myself is not very clear right now(Tr.Neptune opposite Asc) and I often wonder if people who are beautiful know it.Sometimes I think that even if someone was ugly,people wouldn't tell him that,so why would they tell me?The bullying at school affected a lot the image I have of myself.

Pan

I know that this configuration is supposed to give some beauty or magnetism,but I have it,Venus conjunct the Asc,conjunct Mars,sextile Pluto,and I don't feel really attractive,I don't have guys chasing me.I only had some similar experiences when transiting Jupiter was conjunct my Venus/Ascendant,but besides that things were really dissapointing in my love life and until high school it was considered a joke for someone to like me,I was even made fun of how I looked.
On the other hand,I noticed that guys always take me seriously,they always wanted a relationship with me,never just sex.I should feel honoured by this,but it makes me feel a little un-sexy.
So all this makes me wonder what are the true effects of Venus conjunct the Ascendant,especially since I have it so tight and I don't see any results?

What house and Sign of your Venus? H1, H12, H6 or H7, and what is your sun-sign and rising ? I think we should look at those factors too. And is there any planet do the aspects to your Venus?

My case, I'm a Libran with aquarius rising, Venus/Virgo in H7 conjuct ACDC and Saturn, I think it's not difficult for me to make a guy interesting in me, somebody think I'm quite attractive, but it's not easy for me to find truly love as I wish and when I'm falling in love, it's difficult to control my feeling as I tend to take the relationship to be more serious too fast.

Last edited:

Lost_spirit

Hello Pan!My chart is in my signature.Venus is in the 1st conjunct Mars,sextile Pluto and trine Neptune.Venus rules my 10th/3rd houses if that helps.When I fall in love it's very intense,needless to say.

Pan

I guess the feeing that make you unhappy with the serious relationship with those guys comes from the square aspect from your Venus to Uranus, especially when your Venus is in H1 conjuct Mar makes the square aspect to Uranus, you tend to prefer the relationship without commitment.

Lost_spirit

I guess the feeing that make you unhappy with the serious relationship with those guys comes from the square aspect from your Venus to Uranus, especially when your Venus is in H1 conjuct Mar makes the square aspect to Uranus, you tend to prefer the relationship without commitment.
I always thought the square from Uranus is too wide to affect my Venus.I know it affects my Mars making me act before I think.The truth is I want commitment and I can be really jealous but I also value my freedom a lot!

Venus Neptune

So, you must be a 1st houser too, eh? Well, you have a friend! I also have Venus conjunct AS and sits at 1st house. I used to have guys chasing on me but now, meh, not anymore (but still there are guys who liked me, just a bit, after I talk with them. Turns out I do have charm), since I become a brash and rough girl (though I'm not like that. You see, Sun semisquare AS).

Okay, so, everywhere I go I got stared at, and guys even flirt on me and stared me in a 'wow' kind of expression, and sometimes 'I wanna sleep with her' (I swear I don't smile or flirt. I swear) . The girls look at me with an angry or hatred expression, like they don't like me ( I don't even know them!). I figure it's jealousy, and not Karma because every girl that I met stared at me like that and it's ridiculous lol. People also tell me I am beautiful. Teachers and women (men just stared at me which makes me uncomfortable. Especially the ones who got married already). And they are shocked when I told them I have no boyfriend.

But I guess that's how we Venus conjunct AS and Venus risers must lived. Venus in 1st house brings magnificent beauty, but the beauty and love is for yourself, not for your partner. Venus in 7th house attracts partnership, and the girls with this position actually have a lot of guys chasing after them. Venus in 10th and 11th house too. 10th house the public, and 11th house the social groups. So, when Venus is located on that three house, well. Expect some massive lovers lol.

As for us, Venus risers.

We just sit there and got stared at. All we do is be pretty lol, and probably we could help others finding a match, because Venus is prominent in our chart!

But then, we'll just have to wait for our Mars to come and get us:lol:

greybeard

Whole chart, whole chart, whole chart!

Post your chart.

Venus on the Ascendant (or any other position of any planet) must be interpreted in the context of the whole chart. Nothing in any chart stands alone.

Venus is not just (or always) "beauty".

It might mean a narcissistic personality, extreme vanity, homosexuality, hedonism, prostitution or a host of other things "good" and "bad", depending on its conditioning and role in the whole chart.

The idea of good/bad is subjective and relative. King Midas was granted the gift of the Golden Touch and he thought that was good, until he gave his daughter a hug. Be careful what you ask for.

Last edited:

Venus Neptune

Whole chart, whole chart, whole chart!

Post your chart.

Venus on the Ascendant (or any other position of any planet) must be interpreted in the context of the whole chart. Nothing in any chart stands alone.

It might mean a narcissistic personality, extreme vanity, homosexuality, hedonism, prostitution or a host of other things "good" and "bad", depending on its conditioning and role in the whole chart.

The idea of good/bad is subjective and relative. King Midas was granted the gift of the Golden Touch and he thought that was good, until he gave his daughter a hug. Be careful what you ask for.

homosexuality? No. Prostitution? No. Vanity? mm, sometimes (Venus square Midheaven). I won't hurt anyone unless they hurt my beloved ones.

Anyway, here are my aspects :

Venus conjunct Neptune
Venus conjunct AS
Venus trine Saturn
Venus trine Jupiter (but I'm far from fat. I think it's due to Sun conjunct Mercury)
Venus square MC
Venus trine Hebe
Venus square Athene

-Eros in 1st house, Juno 1st house, Vesta 1st house, Neptune 1st house, Uranus 1st house, Venus 1st house, all in Aquarius.

-Moon biquintile Venus and Neptune

-Sun semisquare Venus, sextile Mars, conjunct Pluto, conjunct Mercury, sextile Uranus, semisquare AS, semisquare MC , square Audrey Hepburn, square Athene

-Moon semisextile AS, Mars square AS

-Aphrodite trine AS, Hebe trine AS, Athene conjunct Midheaven

-Athene trine Moon

-Aphrodite in Virgo, Hebe in Libra, Athene in Scorpio.

-Uranus sextile Pluto

-Neptune trine Psyche

-Jupiter trine AS, Saturn trine AS, Neptune conjunct AS

-Uranus makes no aspect to AS

Last edited:

RisingSag

I've met a few people with this conjunction and they actually look ordinary. They do seem relationship oriented and one for sure seems very dependent on other people.

greybeard

I "mention it as if it were some kind of bad quality" because it can be.

Did you notice I said "might mean"? "Might" is a qualifier used to express possibility, not cerrtainty.

I can offer specific charts in which the position is a primary indicator of homosexuality...narcissism, hedonism, etc.

The original question was "Venus conjunct the Ascendant.What are the effects?" I listed a few possibilities which had been omitted in previous posts. Venus is not just "nice things." And notice I said "in context....depending on its conditioning and role in the whole chart."

greybeard

Homosexuality can be seen in the horoscope.
Have you ever talked with a homosexual who doesn't say, "I was born this way"?
The natal chart shows all things with a sweeping influence on the life. Homosexuality fits that bill.

There is no judgment as to good or bad. Did you notice what I said..."It might mean a narcissistic personality, extreme vanity, homosexuality, hedonism, prostitution or a host of other things "good" and "bad", depending on its conditioning and role in the whole chart."

Last edited:

muchacho

Makes sense.

JUPITERASC

I know that this configuration is supposed to give some beauty or magnetism,but I have it,Venus conjunct the Asc,conjunct Mars,sextile Pluto,and I don't feel really attractive,I don't have guys chasing me.
I only had some similar experiences when transiting Jupiter was conjunct my Venus/Ascendant,
but besides that things were really disapointing in my love life
and until high school it was considered a joke for someone to like me,
I was even made fun of how I looked.
On the other hand,I noticed that guys always take me seriously,
they always wanted a relationship with me, never just sex.
I should feel honoured by this,but it makes me feel a little un-sexy.
So all this makes me wonder what are the true effects of Venus conjunct the Ascendant,
especially since I have it so tight and I don't see any results?
When Venus conjuncts any natal ascendant, Venus and ascendant are in one of the 12 signs

so
Venus may conjunct ascendant in either
Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces

and
that makes a big difference :smile:

because

Aries ruler is MARS
Taurus ruler is VENUS
Gemini ruler is MERCURY
Cancer ruler is MOON
Leo ruler is SUN
and so on......

so study the sign location of natal Venus/Ascendant

and

if Venus is not in either one of her home signs of Taurus or Libra

then
find the sign and house location of Venus ruler

because
unless you belong to the generalised 'One-Size-Fits-All' School of unreliable astrology

these are essential steps when delineating 'Venus conjunct ascendant'

so

study the significations of VENUS http://www.skyscript.co.uk/venus.html

study the significations of the 12 signs for example Venus Exaltation sign is PISCES
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/pisces.html

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
study the significations of the houses
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

[/FONT]

Inquirer

Oh really? Homosexuality can be predicted in a natal chart? As bad personality traits? Maybe you're using astrology the wrong way.

"Homosexuality might be a bad thing".. "Heterosexuality might be a bad thing"

Wow. The things I come up with in the internet.

Exactly. There are far too many charts that I have seen which do not indicate very reliable indicators of preference in relationships.

greybeard

Don't you really mean "There are far too many charts I cannot read well enough to detect preference"?

17 April 1897; 0600, Madison, Wisconsin.
Can you see homosexuality in this chart?
Venus is conjunct the Ascendant.
And the chart belongs to a well-known homosexual.
I never once said that homosexuality is "bad". That perception comes from someone who, it seems to me, is somewhat hypersensitive about his own sexual preference.

Your statement "...do not indicate very reliable indicators [sic]..." suggests to me that you are looking for "reliable indicators" such as "Venus square Uranus" or "Pluto in the Eighth House", aspects or positions listed in "Culpepper's Surefire Indicators of Homosexuality". There are other, more subtle and incisive ways to read a chart.

Hint: In the chart above, Venus conjunct the Ascendant is an indicator of homosexuality. There are others in this chart.

Homosexuality goes far beyond "sexual preference". There are deeper, more complex psychological factors in play. The effects (and causes) of homosexuality are pervasive. A homosexual faces discrimination and ostracism on all fronts. Anything so powerfully influential in the life must be shown in the chart. If, as you say, homosexuality is not reliably indicated in a chart, then such polarities as greed/generosity, egocentrism/altruism, aggression/passivity (the list goes on) must also remain an enigma, beyond the purview of the astrologer.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Don't you really mean

"There are far too many charts I cannot read well enough to detect preference"?

17 April 1897; 0600, Madison, Wisconsin.
Can you see homosexuality in this chart?

Venus is conjunct the Ascendant.

And the chart belongs to a well-known homosexual.
The implication that
ONE example chart
with
'Venus is conjunct the Ascendant'
ALWAYS indicates 'homosexuality'
is an obviously flawed inference favored by the 'One-Size-Fits-All' School of Astrology :smile:

clearly

The Ascendant SIGN and/or Venus Sign has a ruler

there are 12 signs

and

the sign and house location of the Ascendant Sign ruler and/or Venus Sign ruler
requires imperative delineation in every natal chart

otherwise the interpretation is unreliable

I never once said that homosexuality is "bad". That perception comes from someone who, it seems to me, is somewhat hypersensitive about his own sexual preference.

Your statement "...do not indicate very reliable indicators [sic]..." suggests to me that you are looking for "reliable indicators" such as "Venus square Uranus" or "Pluto in the Eighth House", aspects or positions listed in "Culpepper's Surefire Indicators of Homosexuality". There are other, more subtle and incisive ways to read a chart.

Hint: In the chart above, Venus conjunct the Ascendant is an indicator of homosexuality. There are others in this chart.

Homosexuality goes far beyond "sexual preference". There are deeper, more complex psychological factors in play. The effects (and causes) of homosexuality are pervasive. A homosexual faces discrimination and ostracism on all fronts. Anything so powerfully influential in the life must be shown in the chart. If, as you say, homosexuality is not reliably indicated in a chart, then such polarities as greed/generosity, egocentrism/altruism, aggression/passivity (the list goes on) must also remain an enigma, beyond the purview of the astrologer.

greybeard

I did not say, nor did I imply, that Venus conjunct the Ascendant ALWAYS indicates homosexuality. I mentioned "Culpepper's Surefire Indicators" as a warning against such ideas....Venus square Uranus or Pluto in the Eighth do not ALWAYS indicate homosexuality, but they may do so in some specific chart. In the chart offered as an example, Venus conjunct Ascendant is a powerful indicator of homosexuality.

Cast the chart and look at it. Then speak.

The first allegation -- that I included homosexuality among a list of traits perceived as negative and therefore consider homosexuality to be "bad" -- is fallacious. Homosexuality is abnormal, deviant, an aberrration. It occurs in roughly 5-10% of the male population (its overt manifestation and frequency can and do vary with cultural mores....e.g., Sparta vs. Islam). Abnormality simply means that a condition does not occur except in a very small segment of any population.

The second allegation -- that I believe Venus conjunct Ascendant ALWAYS (or even in most cases) indicates homosexuality means nothing more than that READING EVERYDAY ENGLISH 101 could be profitably repeated. There's a big difference between reading what I say and what you think I say. Putting words in my mouth makes for lively discussion but does not lend itself to truth or learning.

My point since my first post to this thread has been to show that Venus is not always "beauty", which was and often is an implicit assumption when dealing with Venus.