Vegan

Sweet Stars

What in my chart can indicate why I am a Vegan?

I have always loved animals. I can't even kill an insect. I just refuse to take part in the murder of animals.

I was born on June 19, 1982
7:49am
New York, NY

lilllybelle

I haven't looked at your chart yet, but I'm going to bet it's mercury/virgo or venus/libra. I'm going to go look now to see if I can cofirm my suspicion.

cossie

wow! I have mercury in virgo,venus in libra and im vegetarian!
Never knew those planets were an indication of that.
Thanks for post sweet stars,thanks for info liilybelle.Awaiting what you discover now.

lilllybelle

My suspicion was confirmed. I've been a vege for about 12 years now, and I had all kind of issues about eating meat when I was a child. There is certain personality characteristics a lot, but not all, of us veges have. We tend to be sensitive in many ways, highly conscious and more than a little high strung. A lot of us tend to be virgos or very airy. I think when a person has a lot of venusian energy, usually of the libran type, they can't stand the harshness and brutality of eating meat. If you combine that with a little bit of virgo.... well, do I need to say more. In your case you have a stellium in libra, with a south node in the 6th house. It would be quite natural for you to come into this world with a regemented diet emphasizeing cleanliness and purity. You also have your sun and mercury in gemini which makes it hard for you not to think about things in a detailed way such as what you are eating. Yes, I put gemini and the word detail in the same sentence( I seriously thing us gems could give virgos a run for their money in the anal retentive avenue). A heavy air influence makes you want to be lighter, more etheric, so you choose food that doesn't ground you into the reality of this earth. The veggies keep you mentally and spiritually light so you feel more in rhythm with your air qualities. Your sun is in the 12th leading you to have compassion for all living things. It's a combination of your whole chart that makes you a vegan.

cossie

Great work Lillybelle! Very interesting.
The 'harshness and brutality of eating meat' is definately what influenced my desicion to become vege along with a love of animals.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I have Venus in Virgo, does that count? It's not that I won't eat meat, because I will. I'm just very very very very picky about it and prefer vegetables and fruits far far more. I do love animals, but the idea of foresaking meat completely seems silly to my oddly Virgoan mind as protein is essential to survival. However, that doesn't mean I can't raise a fuss and refuse to take anything off the meat end of the table if it looks the least bit displeasing or disgusting, as it often does.

My husband has venus in virgo, along with libra sun and merc and he is a very very very picky eater, however his asc is taurus so he's all about the beef! He wants meat and potatoes every night. hmm, im thinking about a scorpio influence because it's opposite taurus...that's probobly silly although i know someone who has a scorpio moon and loves animals and also takes in every stray one she finds, but she not vegan or vegetarian, by the way what is the difference between the two?
Virgo

lilllybelle

Vegans usually refrain from eating any animal products, and they will often refrain from using products that that hurt animals like leather and certain cosmetics. There are a ton of different types of vegetarians. We all have our own tempermental eating habits. I guess the loosest definition of a vegetarian would be someone who didn't eat beef, pork or chicken. I go a little father than that, but all of us veges have our own unique diet. I also wanted to clarify that not all people with a heavy libra/venus mercury/virgo placement will be vegetarians nor will all vegetarians follow that pattern. I will say though that if you ever catch yourself at a dinner party full of vegetarians, you might notice that there are a lot of the mercurian/libran types at the table. In "general" it seems to be more of an air sign thing with the exception of virgo( whom I've always suspected was an air sign in disguise. God couldn't have 4 air signs running around so poor virgo got the short end of the stick. We could trade you know. We could let the earth signs have acquarius, nice solid fixed sign and they could give us virgo. Ahh, I'm just having fun.) L.

Thanks lillybelle, for explaining that for me, I must say this is an intersting topic! I completely understand the merc/lib/virgo thing, it makes perfect sense. There should be a water sign/planet involved because the emotional attachment to animals, and of course the sixth house. And I still wonder about Taurus since it is the ruler of cattle(which I know meat in general is not limited to cows) I have gem asc, vir sun/moon and merc in libra, I eat meat but i could really take it or leave it and now that I think about it I really don't eat much meat I tend to pick through my meals, wow, I just now realized that I do that! thats messed up! If I had a choice to eat a steak or pasta...I'd definatly take the pasta...could be the italian in me though!
Sweetstars I haven't had time to look at your chart yet but I think the NN cancer in 12 would fit, postitve interactions for a cause, sacrifices to help those that are in an unfortunate postion, and emotional attatchment. God bless ya!
Virgo
ps I think I have all the air I can handle! I could use a little water though.

johan

I am a vegetarian for 18 years now,and it is good to meet some people here who are vegs also,Sweet Stars,Cossie and Lillybelle!I don't have any friends alas who are vegs also.

"I do love animals, but the idea of foresaking meat completely seems silly to my oddly Virgoan mind as protein is essential to survival".

Sadly this is what people still think,they will not 'survive' without meat or at least think it is unhealthy.The opposit is true!I know a woman in the Netherlands being a vegetarian all her life,now 98 and in good health!

http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~brett/whyveg.html

Greetings,Johan

Francesca

I'm a part time vegan-meaning I'm vegan all week but eat ice cream on Saturdays with my family. I have a Virgo ascendent at about 3+ degrees.

Frisiangal

Lilllybelle: ....... with the exception of virgo( whom I've always suspected was an air sign in disguise. God couldn't have 4 air signs running around so poor virgo got the short end of the stick.

Think of it another way. God would have got the short end of the stick if he didn't have the secretary in Virgo to proficiently execute His will . Then we'd ALL be in trouble.:D

F.

Sorry to depress, but I love to eat meat. Its interesting that Lillybelle said that SweetStar's veganism might be due to an airy chart. I have a very airy chart and love it. Maybe its my SN in Tau or something. Or maybe Aries rising?

lilllybelle

Not all people with the profile I described are going to be vegetarians. I think air signs might be a little more prone to be a vege than the other elements, but it takes more than just being an air sign. I think it's libra and a lot of mercurian energy. Think of the characters Woody Allen plays he would be a perfect example of the typical vege. I've known too many vege to say that they are all like that though.
Of course, there isn't a lot of veges out there, so even if someone had a lot libra and merc in their chart, they might not be a vege. Instead of trying to figure out if all of your moon in virgo/libra rising friends are veges, I would look at the charts of the people who are vegetarians and see what patterns you notice. I think you would see that the patterns I mentioned would pop up a lot. L.

Manic_Monday

I'm a vegetarian; I've never liked meat, I always refused to eat it. I'm a picky eater. I didn't become a vegetarian just because I don't like meat, though, it's also because I think it's cruel.

I'm Sun in Virgo with Mercury in Virgo. I have NO Air in my chart, so no Libra rising in this case. I do have some Libra in my chart: Jupiter placed in H7. So, it's not really fair to say I have no air.
Cusp Six is on Gemini, so the Sixth house is ruled by Mercury in Virgo. I love animals, I wanted to be a vet when I was younger but when I discovered you had to do things that made your hands dirty (put your hand in a cow for example), I wasn't too excited about it anymore. (And the Scorpionic influence in my chart was much stronger - I plan on studying psychology after my exams :wink:) I have two pets, Guinea Pigs, and I love them. I talk to animals, which I think is a cusp-six-on-Gemini thing to do :rolleyes:

My chart.

My mother has been a vegetarian for 20 years - at least. She has no personal planets in Virgo, but she has Libra rising. Cusp Six is on Pisces, Neptune is in Scorpio H4. Venus is in Aries in H7.