Using horary as magical result divination?

I have been trying out different spell divination methods, trying to find what works best for me, and I thought I’d give horary as shot. But I have some technique questions.

1. First is…what house is my spell? My initial instinct was 8H bc I think of 8H as relating to magic and the occult. But after talking to a couple others, they suggested (a) using 5H because it’s a matter of something I created (the spell), or (b) using 7H bc the spell is about a relational issue.

My issue with 7H is that I’m not asking about the issue, per se, but rather how the spell will affect the issue. So is 5H the answer here?

And if 5H *is* the answer, can I still use this chart to see how the spell will affect the outcome by using the normal relationship significators, or would I need to cast a whole new chart with the question tweaked?

If we use 5H, that makes Saturn the significator. And Saturn is bam, RIGHT on the descendant, who would be the actual target of the spell. Is it too easy to say, okay, so my spell is going to effectively influence my target? And with the 5H significator with such a tight orb sextile to my 7H significator…it implies that the spell will interact directly with the target in an effective way? And Jupiter is in Domicile in Pisces, which would also seem to portend this will be an effective spell?

So am I taking this chart too far looking at the condition of the target of the spell as 7H, and reading it will that mindset, when really what I asked about was if the *spell* was going to be effective?

Extra thoughts: if I am using 5H as my significator, it is also the house of romance and flings. And it’s pretty full in this chart. Even taking out modern planets, we have Venus, Mercury, and Mars in our 5H.

Venus has triplicity in Cap, which feels like a decently positive portend for the spell, but could it also just be saying that our 1H person (me) is the one casting the spell so is that simply me thinking about and focused on it, if we’re using that as 1H’s romantic co-significator since the spell was romance/attraction-related? And Mercury is in triplicity in Aqua, which is a positive condition, as well.

I suppose I’m really asking if:

1.) 5H is the correct house to use to answer my spell question

2.) Can we then look at what the spell was for, using typical significators for relational questions, and read that on this chart too?

3.) If we can read as asked in second question, am I reading properly?

Attachments

• IMG_5536.jpeg
    IMG_5536.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
I don't know exactly which house, if any, signifies a magic spell. But if we take the 5th as your creating a spell [which seems most reasonable to me of the houses] to be cast upon a 7th house person, then this chart shows pretty clearly that the spell lands right on the 7th house. There was opportunity for success as reflected by the sextile between L5 and L7. They separate, so the answer would be yes to, "Did the spell work?" rather than "Will the spell work?"
If the question was "Did it?" then I would say yes since L7 receives the spell/Sat well since Sat is in Jupiter's dignity.
PS if the querent and the 7th house person are not seeing eye to eye, we see this with Moon being disjunct L7. But querent should know that underneath it all L7 may really care about them, since Moon is in Jup dignity.

I don't know exactly which house, if any, signifies a magic spell. But if we take the 5th as your creating a spell [which seems most reasonable to me of the houses] to be cast upon a 7th house person, then this chart shows pretty clearly that the spell lands right on the 7th house. There was opportunity for success as reflected by the sextile between L5 and L7. They separate, so the answer would be yes to, "Did the spell work?" rather than "Will the spell work?"
If the question was "Did it?" then I would say yes since L7 receives the spell/Sat well since Sat is in Jupiter's dignity.
PS if the querent and the 7th house person are not seeing eye to eye, we see this with Moon being disjunct L7. But querent should know that underneath it all L7 may really care about them, since Moon is in Jup dignity.
The querent and the L7 are having communication difficulties as the relationship figures out what it is and where it’s going, and I hadn’t even considered that as I was focused on the spell question. That was illuminating! Thank you!

MarinaFFF

A spell, witchcraft is 12th house matters. It’s the house that harms us by gossip, hidden enemies, imprisonment and self undoings

MarinaFFF

Do you have a view about how you see the what the chart says?
I don’t do spell charts. unless to see if a spell has or will harm someone.
using 5H because it’s a matter of something I created (the spell), or (b) using 7H bc the spell is about a relational issue.
Not for using a spell for a relation issue, as here the focus seems to be.
I want to keep myself far away from practicing methods that‘s been focusing on intentionally harming others.

In this chart I see the spell in the 6th house, wanting someone to be sick ?
Or maybe even worse with Pluto and Lord 8 in 5th house and with the querent inside
And Saturn “the sickness” on the 7th cusps of “the other” who is far away (Jupiter in 9th house).
This is an revenge chart with the Moon in distress.
The spell is also connected with Cheiron in the 8th house!
Luckely with the North Node also in the 8th house suggesting that the spell didn’t worked because it‘s in detriment in AQ.

Last edited: