urgently need help with complicated relationship synastry

labyrinth

Hi all,

Am new to this forum as a member but have been regularly reading and gaining information from all members since the past few months. Am completely new to synastry so would request help in interpreting this synastry. Want to know whether 'aa' 's feelings are sincerely involved? does he seem to really love 'rj'? any chance of this developing into a marriage or will it just remain 'an extramarital fling' and then fizzle out?

My understanding: strong saturn linkages with sun and venus seem to emphasize a binding and lasting relationship. seems really karmic (venus-pluto aspects, venus-saturn aspects). could it be a soulmate relationship? i guess saturn also seems to be conjunct south node - does that emphasize anything besides a probable past life connection? uranus aspects may be an indicatiion of their meeting - which was online and seemed totally random but connection was strong from day one. also, they have tied to stay apart without any connection for one year but could not manage and re-connected again and the bond seemed even stronger than before - uranus? saturn?

as i strongly respect the opinion posted by all members here, any understanding and help would be sincerely appreciated. thanks in advance.:smile:

Attachments

• synastry 305.gif
    synastry 305.gif
    49 KB · Views: 48

Momma's Kumquat

hello

it'd be alot easier to see the important aspects if you switched off the "aspect lines to all" option when you make the chart. can't seem to focus on anything in there right now with all those lines!

labyrinth

Hi MK,

Very sorry did not realise the complications it would create visually to post all aspect lines. am posting again. thanks for trying.

Attachments

• synastry once more.gif
    synastry once more.gif
    37.4 KB · Views: 47

rahu

Banned
i'll take a look but i find a midpoint composite WITH exact degree to be much more informative that synastric charts for anticipating the course of a relationship.

rahu

labyrinth

Hi Rahu,

Thankyou so much for your time and help. Am uploading a midpoint composite chart as well if that seems to be more appropriate for an interpretation.

Attachments

• midpoint composite for ref.gif
    midpoint composite for ref.gif
    56.5 KB · Views: 36

Munch

Rahu is correct. If you want to know where the relationship is heading, it's the composite. If you want to know how you affect each other, it's synastry.

Let's take a look. For starters, don't worry about all of the extra asteroids and such. They help to further refine a reading, but in the case of a general interpretation aren't very helpful.

The first thing I notice is a lack of conjunctions between the personal planets. This shows me that you tend to be in 'different places' at any given time. This could be physically, emotionally, mentally, etc.

The second thing I notice is that RJ's Saturn conjuncts AA's Venus. AA probably doesn't feel like they can express themselves or have their wants met, but still will feel compelled to stick it out.

AA's Venus conjunct's RJ's sun. Rj probably doesn't feel understood or like they can't be themselves without AA having something negative to say about it. Still, as in the case of the Saturn/Venus conjunction, RJ will feel compelled to stay.

AA's Uranus conjunct's RJ's moon. RJ probably feels a bit unsettled by this never being sure how AA really feels about him/her.

Jupiter square Jupiter spells FUN, FUN, toooooo much FUN! There will be a tendency to push each other past the point of responsibility in a pursuit of MORE, MORE, MORE! Careful.....

RJ's Mars squares AA's Moon. AA might feel bullied by RJ, but there will be a sexual chemistry that is hard to resist. You may provoke fights with one another because it can take you to exciting new places sexually. Once again, careful that it doesn't go too far or AA may end up being deeply hurt given that there are so few strong personal planet contacts.

AA's moon sextiles RJ's sun which is a nice element that points towards understanding if you try, but alone I don't think makes for a strong enough loving contact to make this a stable union for either of you.

rahu

Banned
i am afraid the composite reinforces your concern that this relationship that this will just be an extramarital.
the sun is square to uranus which give electricity but is unstable and usually does not last.the venus/saturn midpoint conjunct the sun implies a feeling of fidelity and deep love. but adding the breakup by uranus,saturn/venus shows heart break.

another serious problem is the mars square pluto and the midpoint is on the ascnedant.this implies he is infact totally selfish and is only concerned about satisfying his base ,carnal desires.

you feelings are correct,this will not turn into a commited relationship/marrriage.

rahu

labyrinth

Thankyou soooooo much Munch and Rahu for taking time to respond. So the implications are:

1. This is not going to amount to anything serious.
2. Rj should end it as AA is in it only for selfish reasons and does not have any serious feelings for her.

The confusing issues are: the connection seems so fated and unbreakable. Also, this has lasted for nearly 5 years without them getting sexually involved although both are intensely attracted to each other. In fact RJ and AA stayed in diff cities for 4 years out of the 5 years they have been involved in this weird 'friendship'? AA has also agreed to remain a platonic friend always if that is the way RJ wants to continue the friendship rather than ending it completely. Rj had stopped all contact with AA for a year...but then they have got back together and stronger than before. Everytime RJ tries to move away but AA pulls her back. He seems desperate to keep her in his life but is not clear about his motives (Munch you are so right about this - this uncertainity is what is driving RJ crazy).

Now the composite chart interpretation says: he may be just pretending emotional involvement while his real intentions are just to satisfy his base desires? So if this is the case, only thing I dont understand is why would he choose RJ with whom he cannot have a physical relationship (first due to staying in diff cities and now due to moral issues)? Wouldnt he be better off with somebody who would be easily accessible? Why is he happy just communicating with RJ regularly via phone/online even if they cant meet for months even now?

Rahu - you think Aa's selfish and in this for just his selfish interests. Munch - you said AA could end up being deeply hurt? (Mars square moon aspect) - I didnt understand this clearly. If he is selfish why should he be the one who ends up being hurt? shouldnt it be Rj who ends up hurt if this relationship is allowed to run its own course? confused :sad:

also, everytime i have read up about venus-saturn aspects/sun-saturn aspects - it seems to be the general opinion that they are extremely binding relationships which can last forever. but in this case in spite of strong saturn aspects this will be just a fling and nothing more serious or long lasting? This contradiction holds great astrological fascination for me. Would love to understand this better - 'when saturn aspects are not 'the glue' they are made out to be' - should i start a new thread for this? :smile:

Chirongirl

Thankyou soooooo much Munch and Rahu for taking time to respond. So the implications are:

1. This is not going to amount to anything serious.
2. Rj should end it as AA is in it only for selfish reasons and does not have any serious feelings for her.

to run its own course? confused :sad:

also, everytime i have read up about venus-saturn aspects/sun-saturn aspects - it seems to be the general opinion that they are extremely binding relationships which can last forever. but in this case in spite of strong saturn aspects this will be just a fling and nothing more serious or long lasting? This contradiction holds great astrological fascination for me. Would love to understand this better - 'when saturn aspects are not 'the glue' they are made out to be' - should i start a new thread for this? :smile:

Relationships are confusing, aren't they?:)

But as Munch and Rahu said, composite charts gives very strong indication about the characteristic of your relationship. In my opinion, it works in two different ways. Firstly, when you draw a composite chart based on your birth dates, it shows the basic characteristic of your relationship. However, with progression, our personality and characteristic change and I believe that affects our relationship too. In order to see how these change personality is going to affect our relationship, I normally take a look at "Progressed composite charts". I find them extremely reaveling.

Now...in your chart...I will ask you to look deeply in following aspects.

1. Neptune and the aspects it makes. In your composite, Neptune trined Venus and Mercury. This makes it a HIGHLY idealised (delusional) relationship. You see things what you WANT to see, not how they are. This is good at the begining, but in the long term, you might feel as if you only saw the "screen Saver" when you get involved and feel cheated! When the reality of the relationship, or the real person become clear to you, you may face a big disappointment. Mars and Sun also has made some aspect to Neptune.

2. Sun, Venus and Mercury, all three major personal planets are in House 12. In my understanding and experience, when the sun and venus in a composite is in 12 house, unless things changed with progression, the relationship does not comes out in light. It remains a secret relationship.

3. Sun square Uranus in Synastry makes it an unstable, but highly esxiting relationship. As it said, there must be some unusual reason for you to come together. Perhaps there is a big age difference? Or difference in culture and social circumstances? Point is, this is a very unusual relationship and very unstable too. However, these kind of relationship affects you deeply and great for learning lessons.

4. Moon trine Saturn. You don't want to stay in a relationship which is glued by staurn in this way. It makes it a very dull relationship. Its like you are together because you have to, because there are some reasons why you can not split. Saturn will stick you together even when you are not seeing eye to eye. I actually fear this aspect.

5. I am not sure, if Chiron is opposite of Uranus. I would take a look at your chiron and the aspects it is making. Any hard aspect with Chiron and Uranus, Moon, Venus or Saturn brings nothing but pain.

6. Mars Sauqre Pluto. I would be careful with this aspect, although Mars is in Cancer, so its not an aggresive Mars.

There is my 2 cents. But please take my effort with a pinch of salt as I am just a beginer in astrology!:)

I wish you all the best.

labyrinth

Hey chirongirl,

You are really good in spite of claiming to be a beginner! So this relationship seems doomed. Also you mentioned something about progressed composite/chart to see if things will change in the future...how do you get that? And is the interpretation done the same way as a composite chart?

Do the houses in which planets fall in a composite have any importance or is it just the aspects formed that are primary indicators of a relationship? If houses have any importance then what does the moon placement say regarding this composite?

Just wish Aa's involvement and his thoughts/feelings would be more clear. For that would you look at the synastry or the composite? Would really be obliged if you could interpret how he feels or sees the relationship even if it is not meant to be and should be ended. I mean, it would be nice to know that for as long as he was in it, were his feelings genuine and did they have any depth and did he ever love RJ or not?

labyrinth

Oh great! now there's also something like a 'davison chart'....:surprised: does it get anymore complicated than this? So you see the synastry to judge how the two people (in this case RJ and AA) feel and react towards each other? The composite is to show how the relationship will progress (doomed in this case). So what is the davison for? Somehow the davison 'looks' better than the composite...but I dont now about interpreting either of them...have received a lot of understanding from all of you regarding the composite...now about the davison and synastry ..... help pleaseeeee :unsure:

Attachments

• davison chart.gif
    davison chart.gif
    58 KB · Views: 25

Munch

Two things from my school of thought.

The first is that I don't make much use of Progressed composites because the composites are created from the midpoints of both charts. They do not represent ACTUAL planetary placement, so when you progress that, the progression doesn't actually show where the relationship is going because it doesn't reference the original planets at all. Make sense? Still, some people use it and swear by it, the school is still out for me, but I tend to shy away from using progressed composites.

The second is the Davison Composite which is based on planetary placement IN TIME, not space. It is determined using the midpoint of both birth dates if I recall correctly. This suffers a bit of the same fatal flaw of Progressed Composites as the midpoint birth date doesn't correlate to the individuals at all. I haven't found anyone that has been able to successfully use this chart.

House placement is relevant when interpreting a composite but sign is not. Remember that the planets are not representing actual placements in either of your charts, therefore sign placement is not too reliable. If you have two people, one with a cancer sun and the other with a scorpio sun, the midpoint will likely be in Virgo....is it possible that two people come together and are suddenly more like something else completely?

As for help with the synastry, I'm not sure what you mean as both Chirongirl and I have delineated what we feel are the key pieces there....

Last edited:

labyrinth

Hey Munch,

Thankyou for explaining your point of view regarding the different charts so nicely. Will keep all this in mind when I try to interpret any of such charts

Thanks once again :smile:

Munch

Rahu - you think Aa's selfish and in this for just his selfish interests. Munch - you said AA could end up being deeply hurt? (Mars square moon aspect) - I didnt understand this clearly. If he is selfish why should he be the one who ends up being hurt? shouldnt it be Rj who ends up hurt if this relationship is allowed to run its own course? confused :sad:

One thing to remember is that people are complex. Actions and feelings can stem from two different places. It is very possible to be selfish and be hurt at the same time. That's the wonderful thing about Astrology. It brings up all the nuances of an individual's personality should you decide to explore it. It's comparable to going from an old and heavy tubed, black/white television to flat screen, LCD, HD television. It's all there, it's just up to you to determine if you only want the general picture or want to go deeper. Hope that helps. Astrology reflects the 'conundrum' that is life....we are all a little of everything all at once.

labyrinth

You are right Munch...people are so complex and astrology is a wonderful tool that can help us make or way in this chaotic world.

MaeMae: rubber band ball!!!! OMG - does it mean this relationship which has no future will still go on forever with the two people involved getting hopelessly entangled with time? I thought if it is not meant to be then Rj could simply break it off and walk away before she gets too hurt (not that walking away seems to be easy but still....) will it end or not? :-(

MaeMae

Banned
only if you want it to...

actually, i was being literal - all of the extraneous aspects of asteroids muddles the chart.

but, sometimes the answer is the answer!

Munch

Labyrinth, I strongly recommend that you post your question on the horary board. Natal and relationship astrology only describes the people and relationship, not what they are doing.

labyrinth

MaeMae: Yes, the first chart I had posted looked like a 'rubber band ball' in the making as I had forgotten to turn off the aspect lines to all. Had posted a clearer version right after that..if you still wnat to take a look :) and I like what you say about at times the answer being the answer.

Munch: Cant thank you enough for your help and patience. You have really helped me understand these charts much better. Actually at times one tends to focus only on the good things because one wishes to...it needs an observant and experienced outsider to point out the negatives or warning points. Thanks for doing just that :) Maybe I will post in the horary section to get a better understanding of what people are going to do in this case. Thanks for the suggestion.