uranus strong or not ??

are you asking this question because you think uranus is responsible for your autism and problems? Actually your uranus is well aspected with trines and sextiles, neither strong or weak....

It is very hard, near impossible to diagnose health, mental or phsyical problems with astrology and lots of people have unrealistic ideas of what astrology can and cannot do....

If you were to describe what you think may be responsible as a starting point, others may be able to contribute more...

rahu

Banned
hi think you may be correct as the mercury/saturn and sun/mars midpoints are square to your uranus. if you had severe promblems in may 08 ,this may be the cause
rahu

waybread

Also look to Mercury. Your Mercury actually makes a nice trine to Uranus, making me wonder if your mind simply works "differently" in a way that is problematic for conventional learning methods, but that might do fine in a more experimental setting. Your Mercury is squaring your moon (emotions, feelings) in independent go-it-alone Aries, as well as Pluto.

People really debate this, but some think that ADD might be caused by sensitivity to food additives; and that some (though not all) autism resulted from vaccinations. Limiting foods that cause sensitivities is helpful for some autistic kids. If you've not explored these possibilities, it might be worth a try.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Mr Hyde,
The ruler of your third house is Mars.You have Mars conjunct Saturn in your first house (your body, and your health).Mental health is emphasised here because you have the ruler of your third (the mind) in the first house.It is conjunct with saturn in Virgo and square Neptune (widely).Virgo also emphasises health matters especially when in the first house.
You also have mercury, natural ruler of H3, sextile to uranus which I think would be helpful.Your mercury is retrograde in cancer in h11, and it has some very helpful aspects to it.
Yes you do have Uranus in H3 but as has been pointed out, it is well aspected apart from the opposition to Chiron, which may be the real source of the problems you have experienced.
Uranus does not *speed things up*...theres nothing to support this..Uranus is a slow outer planet with a slightly erratic orbit.
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

rogue_red

Hi there, I do think uranus contributes to your medical/mental health issues. The ruler of your 6th house of health (using uranus as ruler of aquarius) is in third and although it is well aspected these trines can actually contribute negatively to health issues as the energies between them are too easy giving you and erratic changeable mindset, lack of focus, distractability etc. Waybread is right when she says that the uranus influence means that your brain works differently. I think that it is quite likely that you could have genius tendancies but it can be difficult in getting them out (saturn conj merc).

mr.hyde said:
hi,astrologer50 so u really dont think that uranus(nervous system) in the third house(thinking,brain) is influencing the thinking patterns and can cause problems with communication,uranus speeds up EVERYTHING it touch in the chart,i dont think that u have a very strong uranian influence( let me see your natal chart) otherwise you would now what i am talking about.:):):)

Well actually, Uranus is my chart ruler, is on my sun/moon midpoint and placed in 7th house of relatinships. so yes, divorced 3x now. Also Sun square uranus and moon square uranus...BUT dont has nice trines like you do, only trine is close to MC for teaching astrology :)

Well looking at your challenging Pluto square sun, square Mercury then
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/planetsaspectsastrology.html

Your chart does lack the element of fire and your one fire planet in water house. You must find it quite difficult at times to exert your energy, that why the pluto squares come in and 8 out of 10 planets on left hand side of chart, suggesting you can initate matters. Without these squares causing inner tension, in succeedant houses i suspect your life would be whole lot worse.

The_Sundance_Kid

Hey Mr Hyde,

I applied the principles I set out in this thread:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13598

to your chart and my results were something along these lines:

Masculine brain type points +9.5
Feminine brain type points -5
Overall brain type points +4.5

Changeability rating 4.5

This to me means your brain type is strongly masculine, but more importantly, given the changeability, it will never be on the feminine side. Now my calculations are far from perfect. But I think this might help explain the autism. Autism I think is linked to a strong masculine type of brain type. But there will be other things in the chart.

:)

rogue_red

mr.hyde said:
so u dont think that uranus makes any other planet it touch move faster(figurly speaking) and that saturn makes the planets it touch move slower,what happens if you put uranus in one of the relationships houses 3,7,11 house ,u have relationships with alot of people u talk with different kind of people(uranus speeds up relationships) and what happens if u have saturn in one of the houses of relation( it slows down the relations) anyway thats what i think.

no uranus doesnt speed up anything. it makes things change quickly and suddenly. saturn limits, witholds and stabilises.

mr.hyde said:
this is a part of an article from cafeastrology com about transits u have to read this here it comes Transiting Uranus acts to disrupt, change, and re-do whatever it touches. Uranus frees us from thinking inside the box, and offers us opportunities for reaching out and trying something completely new. While Saturn slows us down, Uranus speeds up our lives, offering us chances to take some risks and to experiment with totally new ways of living and interacting with others and our environment. Uranus is forward-looking and does not have patience with lifestyles or attitudes that are attached to the past or the traditional. Transiting Uranus shakes us up and offers us a chance to be more aware of our individuality. Uranus doesn't accept stagnation nor does it accept restriction. Personal freedom is highlighted. Transiting Uranus acts to awaken and to make us aware of our feelings of being restricted and constricted.

Am little concerned why you want to quote 'transiting uranus' aspects unless of course t uranus is quincunxing your mercury or something???

Your natal aspects as quoted by
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/mercuryuranusaspects.html
mercury.gif
sextile.gif
trine.gif
uranus.gif

Mercury sextile or trine Uranus
You always have original and brilliant ideas. Your creative and talented mind will be constantly active demonstrating its genius and quickness in understanding ideas that others cannot. You are very eloquent and a bit dramatic in expressing yourself. Also, you are very intuitive, which leads you to comprehend things more deeply. You are interested in everything new, original, and progressive. -- from the Adult report.
The trine aspect is the more dynamic of the two harmonious aspects. Those with the sextile can call upon these traits when needed, and those with the trine between the Mercury and Uranus have incorporated the traits of the aspect into their personalities, expressing them naturally and consistently.
Alternate interpretation: Independent and free-thinking, you dislike being told what to do and how to do it, and you especially do not like being told how to think, for you insist on discovering your own truth. You do well in a rather unstructured environment that allows you to make your own decisions and to respond to the needs of the moment, rather than following a routine, standardized way of doing things. You are also suited to a fast-paced atmosphere, which you find exciting and stimulating. Your mind functions in an intuitive, nonlinear fashion and sudden insights and flashes of inspiration often come to you "out of the blue". You have an aptitude for science and new technologies especially interest you. You also have a penchant for astrology or other esoteric sciences.

So where in the description does it suggest that things have speeded up exactly? other than wanting exciting, new or stimulating things, but the 'trine' aspect suggests integration, easy empathy.....

Robert Hand's version of mercury trine uranus

Mercury‑Uranus Sextile Mercury‑Uranus Trine
In the harmonious aspects between Mercury and Uranus ­thinking is imaginative and independent but, even here, it is to some extent erratic. Wherever there is a chance to break fresh ground, this person works wonders, but it is not so easy to content with humdrum every day life. The latter is experienced as dull and irksome because it offer nothing new and creative or sufficiently original. In fact, in all Mercury‑Uranus aspects even in the harmonious ones‑ there are impractical who, although very gifted in a certain field, have little idea how to manage ordinary affairs. Their fellow citizens regard this type as eccentrics who live in a world of their own and want to go their own sweet way. Now, when the aspect is harmonious these others hardly raise a protest but just let them get on with it.

Any aspect between Uranus and Mercury will make the native inventive, so the combination has a lot of useful potential. But in the harmonious aspects especially this type must learn to persevere and carry projects to completion, because he or she suffers from a streak of laziness in spite of all the mental activity. So although what we have here should be an ideal position for original scientific research, Saturn will have to be strong in the chart for anything constructive to be done.

Often there is a keen interest in anything a bit unusual; an interest in certain fringe activities such as astrology, ­fortune‑telling or occultism, or in revolutionary creeds or utopias. The same sharp tongue and the same liability to overtax the brain are present as in the conjunction and the hard aspects, but not to the same degree.

rogue_red

mr.hyde said:
this is a part of an article from cafeastrology com about transits u have to read this here it comes Transiting Uranus acts to disrupt, change, and re-do whatever it touches. Uranus frees us from thinking inside the box, and offers us opportunities for reaching out and trying something completely new. While Saturn slows us down, Uranus speeds up our lives, offering us chances to take some risks and to experiment with totally new ways of living and interacting with others and our environment. Uranus is forward-looking and does not have patience with lifestyles or attitudes that are attached to the past or the traditional. Transiting Uranus shakes us up and offers us a chance to be more aware of our individuality. Uranus doesn't accept stagnation nor does it accept restriction. Personal freedom is highlighted. Transiting Uranus acts to awaken and to make us aware of our feelings of being restricted and constricted.

I think you maybe mistaking rapid movement with progressive movement. The understanding i have of uranian energy is that it is sudden and erratic. Uranus instigates change and variability but not progressive action which is a mars or fire energy. If you think of uranus as a sparkplug igniting the fuel/air mix in an engine. The spark provides the catalyst for energy transformation, ie electrical energy is transformed to heat energy resulting in combustion of the fuel/air mix changing the heat into kinetic energy(the energy of movement), it is this kinetic energy that creates torque which gets the car moving.
Uranus is the catalyst and is dependant on a receptive element to use this igniting factor for progressive movement.
Saturn doesnt actually slow us down itself but acts as a resistor, limiting or restricting progress by putting on the brakes or limiting or restricting elements needed for progress.
So although uranus's effects on relationships will contribute to sudden opportunities or changes within the relationship it cannot be said that uranus contributes to quick or short term relationships, it simply acts as a catalyst for change.:)