Uranus and Neptune retrograde

morgthm

My understanding is that the retrograde planet does some form of 'damage' to the planet receiving it. But if the aspect hasn't perfected yet, then the damage isn't done. Retrograde planets also mean reviewing whatever that planet symbolises and the house.

My last post seems to have gone walkies :crying:
I was wondering if you think midheaven might take this kind of damage as well?
I have both Uranus and Neptune opposing in retrograde and opposing Midheaven in my birthcart (not perfectly opposing though) but am certainly currently achieving nothing in a delirious and rebellious way currently haha

[moved unallowed postings on Uranus and Neptune questions to Modern Astrology board - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Abby83

Re: Retrograde planets and aspecting

I have both Uranus and Neptune opposing in retrograde and opposing Midheaven in my birthcart (not perfectly opposing though) but am certainly currently achieving nothing in a delirious and rebellious way currently haha

You mean Neptune and Uranus are natal too? Or are u talking about transit to the natal mc? It depends what these two planets rule in your chart. The mc also means many things.

katydid

You mean Neptune and Uranus are natal too? Or are u talking about transit to the natal mc? It depends what these two planets rule in your chart. The mc also means many things.

He has to mean natal oppositions of Neptune/Uranus to MC. Because Neptune and Uranus cannot both be opposing the same point currently by transit.

morgthm

Yea i mean both uranus and neptune are retrograding in my natal chart. So would you think mc's influences could get damaged or changed by opposing retrograding planets? Or am i misunderstanding something?

katydid

Yea i mean both uranus and neptune are retrograding in my natal chart. So would you think mc's influences could get damaged or changed by opposing retrograding planets? Or am i misunderstanding something?

Keep in mind that Uranus and Neptune were retrograding for weeks and everyone born during that time has retro Uranus/Neptune. I don't think that the retrograde motion of the conjunction is that big of a factor in determining the viability of your MC. I think it is more about the difficult nature of the pairing of Uranus/Neptune, itself which affects your work/career.

Have you chosen a career path yet?

morgthm

Keep in mind that Uranus and Neptune were retrograding for weeks and everyone born during that time has retro Uranus/Neptune. I don't think that the retrograde motion of the conjunction is that big of a factor in determining the viability of your MC. I think it is more about the difficult nature of the pairing of Uranus/Neptune, itself which affects your work/career.

Have you chosen a career path yet?

I see. No not yet. People seem to want me to do IT but i really don't want to get stuck in an office job

Julia Karmic Astrology

[moved unallowed postings on Uranus and Neptune questions to Modern Astrology board - Moderator]

Retrograde does not mean damage.
Retrograde is a slowing down of planetary energy for the purpose of deeper integration of the energies involved. This will be a more advanced experience, as are oppositions. Neptune and Uranus are sophisticated and complex energies.

Your placement is suggesting issues around parents and early home life that will impact career.

Julia

morgthm

Hmm perhaps. The first 13 of my life were my best so far though, I just stayed inside my head mostly and learnt all i could. It's been the second half of my life that's been the worst, making bad friendships, not sticking to principles i decided upon when i was younger, etc. Been going much more smoothly this year though so it could be linked to a jupiter return