Unaspected Natal Planets

aspicco

How do you read them for a client? I have a chart reading next week... her Jupiter in Virgo is completely unaspected to her other planets, except it's conjunct her ascendant...

How do you look at unaspected planets in relation to the rest of the chart? How does a person integrate those energies?

That depends on how much importance that very planet has in the whole chart. F example, my sun is totally unaspected in my chart, which means that all relating with men (sun represents the male figure, males in general, and attitudes to the masculine in life), is not important... So far so good... Otherwise, my moon is totally aspected several times and conflicting as well... Which would mean not only that females would play an important role in my life but also that i would have some problems relating to the feminine forces within myself etc...

Which is true, boyfriends and my dad have never been THAT important, whereas i have tons of girlsfriends and a close but sometimes conflicting rship with both my mum and sister...

If u give more info i may understand more, otherwise look at the unaspected planet as not being very modified (not aspected) and only finding its "calling" in the house it is placed... Hope it helps!

aspicco

Here is the info:
June 17, 1980, 10:03am, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

The rest of the chart's planets are all thoroughly aspected to each other... starting with a T-Square of Sun/Venus in Gemini opp Neptune in Sag, squaring a Mars/Saturn in Virgo... Nep trines the Moon in Leo, the Moon squares Uranus in Scorpio, Uranus trines Merc in Cancer... and Sun/Venus trine Pluto in Libra... but lonely ol' Jupiter floats around all by itself.

Incidentally, since she was born in Saudi Arabia & lived in Pakistan before coming here to NYC years ago, I am surprised Taurus dominates her 9th house... perhaps her birthtime is wrong?

ANYway... let me know your thoughts... I am a professional astologer, so let it rip.

wilsontc

Staff member
unaspected Jupiter, to aspicco

aspicco,

You asked:
How do you look at unaspected planets in relation to the rest of the chart? How does a person integrate those energies?

This indicates a person does not "connect in" with their Jupiter (expansion) energies and so they may OVERexpand things in their life in an effort to "feel" the connection to Jupiter. The challenge for them is to realize that a little Jupiter goes a LONG way ;), and, even though THEY do not sense their Jupiter, others around them definitely can. So they need to trust that their Jupiter energy IS felt...even if they do not "connect in" with it themselves. This situation is a LITTLE different in the case you describe, since Jupiter is conjunct a point in the chart. But for the most part the issue of not "getting" Jupiter still exists.

Connected,

Tim

Well it looks like she/he has some aspects to jupiter, albeit minor ones, i see a quintile and another one if i am right. this comes from astro.com. Trouble is jupiter doesn t play a major role i would say in the character, as it doesnt rule any other than her 4th house (sign) and 9th (lord ?). What i mean is that jupiter is not prominently present, other than that... But jupiter IS in the first house, so i would say that it would definitely impact her way of presenting herself, and dealing with others... Her SELF... the mask she wears, and the beginnings in her life... Other than that, sagittarius is ruling her 4th which means home so i speculate this person likes to travel across water, in long journeys, and is not particularly attached to any place in particular... Just musings.. though... But i would say jupiter in the 1st, even though not aspected, would impact her dealing with others? Then again the house ruled by jupiter, including journeys etc is placed in taurus, the 9th, and that might offset this persons love for travelling, and learning...
what do u other folks here in the forum think?

aspicco

Gem Doccaus said:
I also see a Jupiter square MC in the chart.
Sure... but Jupiter is virtually unaspected to all the other planets... and I take aspects to MC or Asc with a grain of salt unless I am 1,000% accurate about the birth time...

dobro

Newbie question: why wouldn't an unaspected Jupiter simply have a 'generic' Jupiter meaning in the chart, colored only by the sign/house it was in? And why would integrating that Jupiter energy be an issue in an unaspected chart? I'd assumed that an unaspected planet was sort of like white paint before the tint was added to give it some sort of color.

aspicco

As a metaphor... I see aspects as the way the planets "talk" to each other... IMHO, when a planet is not well-aspected, those qualities are not as well integrated into a person's overall personality.

unaspected planets sometimes have the opposite effect in that they show traits not always desired, like an unaspected sun would be very egotistical even though it would not have a lot of sense of identity...

Check Campion´s site there is a good part devoted to unaspected planets in skyscript.co.uk, you might find it useful.

I suppose u might find that the planet in question has a lot of resonance in the area of life it resides in, per house, but that is all. like someone with an unaspected sun but with venus prominent both by asc and aspects might play out harder and more forcefull....

dobro

aspicco said:
As a metaphor... I see aspects as the way the planets "talk" to each other... IMHO, when a planet is not well-aspected, those qualities are not as well integrated into a person's overall personality.

My problem at this point is that I'm coming to grips with the astrology system, but I have so very little experience of different people's charts and how that translates into real personalities and lives.

aspicco

That's why, on another thread you started, I advised grabbing the charts of a few friends or relatives to give you a broader look at how things play out...

Anthony Lyons

I agree with svenz - unaspected planets become powerful because the person feels that the things the planet represents are not properly integrated.

With Sagittarius on the 4th, Neptune in the 4th, Jupiter conj. Asc, and Chiron in the 9th, a very clear picture emerges of a person who is searching to connect with something larger than themselves. On one level this will be acted out through travel or moving to foreign countries, seeking wider horizons, new perspectives and experiences, maybe even through higher education. On another level, it will be acted out in a search for a life philosophy and some greater meaning to enrich their lives. They feel as if their life has been lacking a sense of expansion or growth, so they feel driven to seek this. Religion or spirituality might also play a big part in their lives. But with Jupiter in Virgo, it is likely that many of the opportunities to extend themselves by seeing new places, new cities, or new countries or expanding other areas of their life will come through their work.

Also, Neptune in the 4th can lead to many changes of home, all the more so with Sag on the 4th because both of these are ungrounded. Neptune in the 4th can have high expectations for how their home, country, city, should be like, and expect this to somehow nourish their quest for inner satisfaction and a strong sense of self, especially with Neptune opp. Sun. But this can result in a long search for the "right" place, even if it is simply moving around within the same city.

By the way, this chart has a LOT of aspects. A very complex person!

Last edited:

dobro

Svencanz said:
Hi

Often a person with an unaspected planet will "over act" the energy of that planet: they feel they are missing something, and will compensate for it.
This leads other people to see them as "really having this planet sorted" - and it is not until you inquire into this person's true dynamic that you find they feel really lost here.
Hard transits, especially, to the unaspected planet can really send them spinning.

Sven

For example?

ninetta

hi, i would like to know your opinion about URANUS in 5th in SAGITARIUS unnaspected of any other planet. what do you think? cause i dont have ******* idea!
thanks a lot!

aspicco

well... that person would have unusual children, that's for sure. (Children here serving both literally as physical sons & daughters, but also metaphorically as anything the person creates.) It could also imply a fairly lively & unusual love life, perhaps most of them short-lived or abrupt.

The rest of the chart might throw a little more light on the subject..

ninetta

aspicco said:
sorry... but by the time I returned, the chart expired... can you post your birth info?

hi, sorry. here it is again. thanks How to print the chart without the text shown on this page:
Click on the image. You get a new page showing only the image. Print it as usual. PS: Printing problems: If the chart is too big for your printer, please also save the image on your hard disk. It is simply a GIF-format bitmap which can be opened with most image processing software. To save, click on the image with the right mouse button, and choose a filename ending with .gif when asked.
Graphics software will allow you to scale and rotate images, so that they fit on your printer. For professional print quality you should consider the 'Acrobat PDF' option which is offered on top of the chart drawing, at the left side. The PDF charts are available for a small subscription fee.