Two years of Pluto and Saturn transits coming - Cool pics inside!

C0rnholio

Guys, could you please take a look at my transits, progressions, and solar return charts. I want to learn but I have no idea what to make even out of my own charts. I know I am about to enter 2 years of Pluto and Saturn transits. Many relationships are supposed to be broken, but I really do not have any good but shaky relationships to lose, and my family ties are pretty solid. I am already feeling the effects. I do not want to see or talk to anyone. There has been relatively little physical activity, lots of procrastination, a lot of seemingly directionless mental activity, looking back, thinking forward, weighing, evaluating. Bad nutrition and not enough night sleep. How much more interesting can it get over the next 2 years?

Here is what's coming my way:

Saturn direct 2009-12-31 04Lib29 Conjunct Natal Asc
Saturn retrog 2010-01-13 04Lib39 Stationary at 0 deg 10" past Asc
Saturn retrog 2010-01-27 04Lib29 Conjunct Natal Asc
Pluto retrog 2010-04-07 05Cap25 Stationary at 0 deg 45" before IC
Saturn direct 2010-05-30 27Vir49 Stationary at 6 deg 40" before Asc
Saturn direct 2010-09-04 04Lib29 Conjunct Natal Asc
Pluto direct 2010-09-14 02Cap47 Stationary at 3 deg 23" before IC
Pluto direct 2011-01-25 06Cap10 Conjunct Natal IC
Pluto retrog 2011-04-09 07Cap30 Stationary at 1 deg 20" past IC
Pluto retrog 2011-06-29 06Cap10 Conjunct Natal IC
Pluto direct 2011-09-16 04Cap53 Stationary at 1 deg 17" before IC
Pluto direct 2011-11-28 06Cap10 Conjunct Natal IC
Pluto retrog 2012-04-10 09Cap33 Stationary at 3 deg 23" past IC
Pluto direct 2012-09-18 06Cap57 Stationary at 0 deg 47" past IC

Here are some of my Transit charts:

Transits - Today

Transits-today.gif

Transits - 2010-04-07 - Pluto stationary at 0 deg 45" before IC for the first time

Transits-20100407.gif

Transits - 2011-01-25 - Pluto conjunct Natal IC

Transits-20110125.gif

Progressions - Today. Venus just got off it's sweet Ascendant position and entered the dark Scorpio territory, Moon entered the violent Aries. It also has a bunch of cool aspect patterns -- conjunctions, oppositions, a Grand Trine, a Grand Cross, a T-Square, a Double Lucky Wedge, a Kite, and even a Yod -- all in one chart. I think you will get a kick out of it.

Progressions-Today.gif

Solar Return for 2009-2010

SolarReturn2009.gif

Solar Return for 2010-2011

SolarReturn2010.gif

Solar Return for 2011-2012

SolarReturn2011.gif

Thank you!

melisa

Hi--
Perhaps deeper learning and stability are coming your way. Currently, with Saturn conjuncting your ascendant you may be feeling a bit of delay (which is not bad, since your Aries 7th might be a bit impulsive in relationships at times). It looks like Saturn is also squaring your natal Saturn in Cancer, so it would be a prime time for learning, and completing tasks.

Bye
melisa

C0rnholio

What about Mars? Isn't it giving you energy? I am fearing Mars giving me too much energy. :devil:

I think you shouldn't worry too much. We all have those transits, just in different places. For instance, Saturn is opposite my Chiron. Pluto is inconjunct my Jupiter and will be opposite Mercury.

I don't think you can be tired for two years, so maybe it is some lighter transit that caused you to be that way. :pouty: :wink:

Yes, Mars is giving me a lot of energy. Especially these days that it is in Leo, and getting close to my natal Sun. :biggrin:

I am not worried about being tired. I rest and recover pretty quickly. I am a little worried though about getting unmotivated and wasting time while going nowhere due to that Saturn.

Another thing, I have been thinking about buying a bigger house in a better location. I should have done this 6 years ago. But now I am starting to think more conservatively. On one hand, I should probably sell my current house first. On the other hand, there could be big changes coming, and having an expensive house, or even two houses, would tie me down to a job and a location. Worries like that. I am almost feeling that changes are coming my way. So maybe I should spend my efforts organizing instead of expanding.
Hi--
Perhaps deeper learning and stability are coming your way. Currently, with Saturn conjuncting your ascendant you may be feeling a bit of delay (which is not bad, since your Aries 7th might be a bit impulsive in relationships at times). It looks like Saturn is also squaring your natal Saturn in Cancer, so it would be a prime time for learning, and completing tasks.
Hi, Melisa. Yes, learning and stability is what I am thinking these days. Just enough stability so that I could afford to become "unstable" every once in a while, just the way I like it.

I lost my job in September of last year. Despite the fact that I had been dreaming to take a sabbatical and be a bum for a year, I did not appreciate it that it was imposed upon me and it was not my own decision. Things like that. I like changes on my own terms, just like most of us. And I want to have the luxury to make those changes as I see fit.

Of course they called me a few months later asking to come back because they could not get stuff done without me. I knew somebody would have called, but still. That experience showed me that I didn't like it when someone can decide things for me.

Yes, and those relationships. You are right, I haven't been jumping into any relationships as of lately, and I am starting to worry that something wrong is happening to me because it is so unlike me. LOL. I kind of like it though, another sabbatical from relationships, but I just hope that it won't last all these 2 years. Because then I would forget all the tricks of the trade and would have to re-learn everything from scratch. :innocent:

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Hi COrnholio,

Why have you opted to use your natal chart here (rather than relocated)?

For example, I'd expect the current transit of Saturn in Virgo would have a different effect in Natal 12th than in Relocated 4th......and that the latter would be more influential, if you are still at the place of relocation and have been there for more than two years.

[Just curious about your reasoning, since the choice is a matter of personal preference rather than any tested astrological convention.]

C0rnholio

Why have you opted to use your natal chart here (rather than relocated)?
Good question! I think astrologers can't always agree which chart is active when. I looked at my relocated chart first since the Saturn's influence felt especially strong. I just had the transiting Saturn square my Relocated Ascendant last weekend. I felt it, but I am still okay. Saturn has entered Libra since then and there is nothing of importance left in my relocated 4th house anymore. Pluto have just transited my relocated DC too. The relocated transits are almost over. This is why I decided to look at my natal chart now, transits for which are still coming.

EJ53

Banned
...Saturn has entered Libra and there is nothing of importance left in my relocated 4th house anymore. Pluto have just transited my relocated DC too. The relocated transits are almost over.

Isn't TSaturn about to conjoin NPluto/12th in Relocated 4th; TPluto opposing NSaturn/9th on Relocated Ascendant (at Anaretic Degree of Gemini) and NSaturn trined by Progressed Venus from Natal 2nd (Relocated 5th)?......[Sorry, I cannot see well enough to know if this is correct].

If so, "restricted resources, bringing transformation" is the Saturn/Pluto message......but, where this will be felt is anyone's guess.....natal houses, relocated houses or a combination of both?

siren1111

Hi. I just wanted to say Cornholio, I know what you are going through as I have a very similar birthdate and I have been through so much with career, money and relationships. I was laid off in October 08 and then had to scramble to find something real quick. I was also upset that the company let us go, and I wasn't in control. Also, Saturn in Virgo was tangible as real tight on the finances, and of course did me right hard on my relationships. So I know what changes you are having to make, as I make the same. Relocation, different job,etc,etc. Saturn in LIBRA be merciful!!!!!!

C0rnholio

EJ53 -- You are absolutely right, I overlooked that T Saturn - relocated Pluto transit in my relocated 4th house that is coming in 2 weeks. It's already here, the two planets are apart by just 1.5 degrees. So this is what it is like, "restricted resources, bringing transformation". And it will be about the same for the next 2 years when

My transformation is happening at home and in my business. It's a stereotypical "corporate" restructuring and home clean-up/remodeling, cutting out the fat, ridding of the unnecessary things, etc. The opposite of expansion. My resources are still the same, not limited, but I definitely feel like they are. I think I am learning what it feels like to be a Capricorn. I have been doing some Capricornian thinking recently. I have been not spending any money, instead looking for ways to make more, spending long hours at work trying to do a better job, and not having any fun. It's like I am all of a sudden a completely different person. I hope that is not permanent, LOL.

Haizea -- You are right, Mars has been giving me TOO MUCH energy. I also have been recently running around like a chicken with his head cut off, sleeping onlh 2-3 hours a night and still running non-stop. Could not even have a coffee because then I was getting way too hyper even without any caffeine.

I have no explanation to my excess of energy these days, other than the T Mars conj my Sun. There is just way too much of this energy, I have been looking for ways to calm down, i.e. eating big lunches, drinking chamomile tea, etc. It's a stupid energy too. I have been driving like a even more of a maniac than I am, interrupting and talking to people without saying hi or bye. I broke a plastic piece on my car today, a trim around the dashboard. I had a bright idea to disable the annoying warning light by removing the light bulb, tried to take it out with my bare hands right there and then. I haven't done anything stupid like this since I was 2 y.o. I just cannot sit still these days. People with their natal Sun square Mars are like that. Well, the transiting Sun is squaring the Transiting Mars and also my natal Sun, so maybe this is why. Crazy. A huge increase in running around with only a modest gain in productivity. This is how burn-outs happen.

Siren1111 -- Thank you for your support. At least I know I am not the only one going crazy! :)

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
...Mars has been giving me TOO MUCH energy......I have no explanation to my excess of energy these days, other than the T Mars conj my Sun.

The "explanation" is information overload, COrnholio......(exemplified by the overwhelming amount of information that you are examining on this thread alone).

Natally, you have Mercury square Mars and both sesqui-square (135 degrees) Moon......This inexhaustible Aries Mars drives Mercury to constantly learn about it's internal and external world (Cancer/10th), whilst their 8th harmonic contact to Moon in Sagittarius/3rd ensures you do so with great persistence......(In effect, this learning is your "religion".)

In the 2009/10 progressed chart, Moon opposes Mercury and is qcx Venus/Asc......with all of these activating the natal Mars/Mercury/Moon configuration......(So, PMoon opp PMercury is asking you to "compare and contrast" emotional and rational thinking; Venus/Asc brings the relationships through which this can be done and the overall (natal) lesson is about how you think......and whether that needs to change in any way.)

So, it comes as no surprise to see that Tsaturn/TPluto have been (and still are) activating this natal configuration through natal Mars and Progressed Mercury......(or that Uranus/Neptune/Chiron are set to do so in 2010).

Last edited:

C0rnholio

Natally, you have Mercury square Mars and both sesqui-square (135 degrees) Moon......This inexhaustible Aries Mars drives Mercury to constantly learn about it's internal and external world (Cancer/10th), whilst their 8th harmonic contact to Moon in Sagittarius/3rd ensures you do so with great persistence......(In effect, this learning is your "religion".)
Oh thank you, EJ53! This is making a lot of sense now. All this energy and self-analysis have just increased recently by a factor of 10. And the progressed Venus, while it was on the Ascendant, has been helping too by bringing in a bunch of relationships. And I am analyzing these relationships and also my thinking now while the T Saturn is keeping me away from the society, giving me plenty of time to engage in the above activities. All this is playing in the T Pluto's hand, who is going to come soon and hopefully finish the job, if I do not beat him to it.

The puzzle is coming together. How did you see that this learning is my "religion"? This is very spot-on, but I haven't been able to put a finger on it myself. I can really use some kind of religion these days. My own religion though, not someone else's. Stephen Arroyo in his "Astrology, Karma and Transformation" says that with my natal Pluto in the 12th house I "must transform the quality of my emotional life by adhering to some belief or transcendental truth which has the effect of liberating the self from a morass of confusing emotions." Then he says that once this transformation has progressed to a certain point, I can "develop the capacity to experience the unity of all life which lies beneath outer forms". In my own words, hopefully I would soon be able to learn to not worry and be happy, while enjoying and experiencing life at my own pace and on my own terms. But I need to discover some magic formula first, or a way of thinking which always works, and which would allow me to establish a stable and enduring spiritual attitude towards life. Peace!

EJ53

Banned
...How did you see that this learning is my "religion"? This is very spot-on, but I haven't been able to put a finger on it myself. I can really use some kind of religion these days. My own religion though, not someone else's....

The Moon indicates our (emotionally driven) needs......Sagittarius is the sign of religion (but based upon our own thinking/beliefs rather than dogma)......Those sesqui-squares from the Moon focus this energy on your Mercury/Mars square, with an intensity that is similar to "religious fervour".

[Note : Natally, Pluto rules your chart (because of it's closeness to the Ascendant degree) and 3rd house from Virgo/12th......indicating a lifetime of personal transformation......And, Saturn rules the Relocated chart and 8th/9th houses from Cancer/1st......highlighting a need for "personal transcendence"......Interesting to see how the planets seem to conspire to achieve our natal chart purpose even though we might relocate/change our environment]

beatnikgirl

C0rnholio, My partner has exactly the same birth date as you, we are Uk based and he has Sag Ascendent but he has been encountering the same transits but I guess he has being encountering it by having to deal with my depression and coming to terms with our infertility issues Saturn, was conjunct his Venus for a while and it is moving through a sq to itself in either the 7th or 8th House dependent on which house system you use, I'm inclined to think it is the 8th as our relationship grows stronger with every difficulty but we have been encountering great deal of financial difficulties and the fertility issues can really put a hex on any intimate relationships. So far the saturn transit has been pushing him to work harder on his career although in this time of credit crunch its a worrying stressful time..
I was worried that the saturn would cause him career issues and he would be made redundant, instead it was I who encountered job loss and this meant we both have had to work really hard to keep financially balanced.
In the next couple of days lilith will be conjuncting jupiter opposite sun mercury and vesta and squaring Mars.
His outlook has been generally upbeat and the pluto sq pluto caused him to just work harder to progress in his career and the saturn sq saturn has caused him to work hard at maintaining a mature relationship. So as you can see those transits aren't necessarily detrimental. Yours mainly appear to involve your mental outlook and how you find expression for that, but again saturn always forces you to work on problems rather than just deal with painful punishments, it's a taskmaster so listen to what lessons and areas its suggesting you should work on, its a warning you need to transform and start doing the necessary work, it may suck, some of the troubles you encounters will be heavy and it may change your outlook of life but if you work on yourself it will cushion the blow and make these transit easier to endure. Turst me I've just been going through my own pluto sq pluto transit it has been an emotional rollercoaster but It forced me to really work hard on my relationships friendships and most of all myself.

C0rnholio

EJ53 -- Thank you again for the insight. I thought that this "lifetime of personal transformation" was simply due to my "mini lucky wedge" between my Pluto, Moon/Neptune, and Jupiter. I thought I was doing it because it was a harmonic aspect pattern and is was easy to do because the energy was flowing freely between these 4 planets. Turns out it was Pluto who planned this, and also Mars and Mercury on the other end of the chart fighting and propelling the whole thing.

I have one last question about your analysis, please. Why are you saying that
Pluto rules my natal chart and 3rd house from Virgo/12th.
Saturn rules my Relocated chart and 8th/9th houses from Cancer/1st.
Could you please show me the full chain? Thank you!

I have already noticed that my relocation did not change my natal chart's purpose but assisted it! Here in this thread: http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20274

beatnikgirl -- Your partner is cool. His Pluto must be in his 10th house, so I guess this is what he has to work on. And, you know, I too haven't been wanting any sex for the last 2 months, so hopefully we will both bounce back soon!!!

EJ53

Banned
...Pluto rules my natal chart and 3rd house from Virgo/12th.
Saturn rules my Relocated chart and 8th/9th houses from Cancer/1st.
Could you please show me the full chain?

Sorry COrnholio, I meant Libra/12th......(got confused because Virgo is on the cusp)......So, I've corrected that in my explanation below.
____________________________________​

I determine the Chart Ruler according to the following criteria (given by Alan Oken in his book " Rulers of the Horoscope") :-

1. The ruler of the ascendant sign also rules the chart....except when
2. Another planet is within 3 degrees of the Ascendant (or 5 degrees if in 1st house), since this will then dominate/rule the chart.

Your NatalPluto/Relocated Saturn meet the second criteria.....thereby ruling the respective charts.

Natally, Pluto is in Libra/12th house (with Virgo on the cusp) and rules the 3rd house (because that has Scorpio on the cusp)......So, Pluto rules both the natal chart and the 3rd house, from Libra/12th (where it is located).

Then, in the Relocation Chart......chart ruler Saturn is in Cancer/1st and rules the 8th and 9th (because Capricorn and Aquarius* are on their respective cusps).....So, Saturn rules the Relocated Chart and it's 8th/9th houses from Cancer/1st (where it is located).

[*Note :- In modern astrology, Saturn shares rulership of Aquarius with Uranus......So, your relocated 9th is also ruled by Uranus from Libra/5th......Personally though, I believe the traditional ruler dominates until we are spiritually mature enough to respond to the vibrations of the outer planet.]

I have already noticed that my relocation did not change my natal chart's purpose but assisted it! Here in this thread: http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20274

Yes......my off-topic comment really belongs on that thread......But those who are not as aware as you of the limitations of relocation astrology might benefit from hearing here/anywhere that relocation (apparently) does not enable us to escape the lessons of the natal chart......(As you know from experience, it seems only to change the house activities through which our natal lessons must be learned.).

Apologies for again being off-topic on this, COrnholio.

C0rnholio

EJ -- Thank you very much! You have helped me to learn a lot and hopefully now these transits will be productive for me!

C0rnholio

I just wanted to thank EJ53 one more time. His recognition of Religion in my chart was extremely spot-on. More accurately it turned out to be Philosophy. The definition of Philosophy is "the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language". Religion very close. It is a primitive form of Philosophy that explains the unexplainable by using god.

I've been following business philosophers for years. About four months ago I discovered Ayn Rand, who is now my all-time favorite. I have already read all her books, most of her other writings, and some of her followers. It is extremely liberating to finally find something that resonates with my own understanding of the way things are. Thank you again, EJ53, if you ever read this.

C0rnholio

Too bad most of the bright minds and long-time contributors of this forum have been banned. It's like I do not know anyone on this forum anymore, like some kind of purge of the infidels has happened.