Two questions relating to my chart

Skillcoil

Hello, I have two questions relating to my chart,

- Why am I so connected to my Ascendant? I'm not sure why I feel so connected to my Ascendant, I don't think it's a mask, or persona, because I really identify with it. It might be because of the influence of Uranus and Saturn conjunct Moon, since both those planets are said to rule Aquarius.

Also these aspects could influence it...

Sun Trine Ascendant
Mercury Trine Ascendant
Moon Sextile Ascendant
Saturn Sextile Ascendant
Uranus Sextile Ascendant

- How would you interpret a retrograde planet at 0 degrees? When a planet is at 0 degrees, I've read it means that it is starting with new energy and expressing it, but why would it be retrograde? My Mars also went direct a few years ago by progressions.

I appreciate comments relating to those two questions, or anything else about my chart. Thank you.

Last edited:
Why am I so connected to my Ascendant? I'm not sure why I feel so connected to my Ascendant, I don't think it's a mask, or persona, because I really identify with it. It might be because of the influence of Uranus and Saturn conjunct Moon, since both those planets are said to rule Aquarius.

Because this is your identifiable modus operandi, you *should* be idenfitying with it.

Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

- How would you interpret a retrograde planet at 0 degrees? When a planet is at 0 degrees, I've read it means that it is starting with new energy and expressing it, but why would it be retrograde? My Mars also went direct a few years ago by progressions.
Luck of the draw on the day, month, year you were born, quite simple really. You also have retro mercury (I have this to) and will have also gone direct.

Retrograde planets
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22923
http://astrology.findyourfate.com/astrology-retrograde.htm
http://www.north-node.com/astrology-tutorials/retrogrades
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/retrogradeplanets.htm
http://www.north-node.com/astrology-tutorials/retrogrades
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5796&postcount=8
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5861&postcount=10
Pluto retrograde in scorpio above

have you researched your Pluto singleton yet? ie; only planet in water element. I think your Uranus and Neptune square to retro mars has been discussed here with differing opinions. How have your noticed it now it's gone direct (mars)?? so until mars went direct did you have problems with acting/asserting your mars energy??

Just for future reference --for a proper evaluation you should consider posting your chart with progressions and transits on same wheel found in extended chart selection. Reduce the ratio of orbs to 80%, select smallest image size 63% on picture,then choose house system (my personal preference is for Equal house rather than the default of placidus), right mouse click and select 'save target pic as' and save to hard drive then upload here
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24043
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24042

the above threads are 'how to' get, select and post the correct charts.

EJ53

Banned
Mars retrograde

...How would you interpret a retrograde planet at 0 degrees? When a planet is at 0 degrees, I've read it means that it is starting with new energy and expressing it, but why would it be retrograde? My Mars also went direct a few years ago by progressions.
I'd like to "fly a speculative kite" on this, Skillcoil :-

Your progressed Mars retrograded all the way back to the anaretic/30th degree of Pisces and (I think stayed there for 3 years)...(symbolically) checking back on your understanding of "Mars in Pisces" before returning to it's birthchart location in 2013, when it will begin it's intended journey towards understanding "Mars in Aries"......suggesting that you were born to learn something during the period from birth to (your birthday in) 2013, which will play an important part in the way your life unfolds from then on.

Thus, it's interesting that the Pisces/Virgo sign axis is intercepted (in the 1st/7th houses respectively)......since this usually indicates a delay in being able to use the postive qualities of those signs (and any planets in them), until we have overcome a problem relating to "duplicated houses" (which are those with the same sign on their cusps)...

Your duplicated houses are 5th/6th (Cancer) and 11th/12th (Capricorn)...suggesting that an "inappropriate" attitude to 5th/11th house matters is adversely affecting you in relation to 6th/12th house activities, which is preventing the effective use of your positive Pisces/Virgo/Venus qualities.

Only you can correctly work out what all of this means, as it requires considerable self-wareness and a detailed knowledge of your interactions with others to-date.....However, my cold reading is that it's about learning how to "compassionately assert" (Aries mars well-versed in Pisces) when expressing yourself (5th) in social groups (11th) involved in practical (6th) and imaginative (12th) thinking.

EJ

waybread

Skillcoil, I would just like to add that the ascendant is a hugely important part of one's horoscope. In ancient astrology, the sun did not indicate one's individuality; but the ascendant and the planet or star most closely conjunct it did.

I used to subscribe to the "milk bottle", "shop window" or "mask" theory about the ascendant, but it really is much more than that. The ascendant is the "you" that other people experience and relate to. So then they mirror back things to you that are more or less consistent with what they see; whether positive or negative. Note that oftentimes we don't know what a person most identifies with [their sun] because that part may be tucked away in another sign and house where it is hard to see. I think this is especially true with people whose suns are in the "water" houses [4th, 8th, and 12th.]

In your case, chart ruler Uranus is quite a focalizer. It sextiles both your AS and sun, energizing them with Uranian electricity.

I think the ruling planet [planet that rules the cusp of the ASC] is also very important, and too often overlooked.

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
..."Compassionately assert" is something I continuously try to work on, hopefully it will improve and I'll have it figured out.
Have you noticed that your Jupiter in Gemini/3rd is semi-sextile Chiron in Cancer/5th, with both at 165 degrees from the mid-point of Uranus/Saturn/Moon in Sagittarius/10th?.......(Allowing for a 2 degree orb).

Once again, only you can interpret this correctly... but (looking at it cold) :-

Noel Tyl suggests that the 165 degree aspect indicates "obsession"...

Uranus/Saturn/Moon might mean "strong independent woman", who will express her beliefs honestly/openly and in public (Sagittarius/10th)...

Jupiter in Gemini/3rd is a teacher of others, but first must learn how to do so (retrograde)...

Chiron in Cancer/5th can nurture those who (also) experience a difficult childhood...

...In "Dynamics of Aspect Analysis", Bil Tierney says (on page 14) that the semi-sextile implies the need to make social adjustments beyond the usual level of give-and-take in relationships. Values here are based upon compassionate concern and the willingness to sacrifice temporal desires for a greater social cause.

So, my guess is that it's the Uranus/Saturn/Moon conjunction that you are identifying strongly with (rather than the Ascendant)......and that learning to "compassionately assert" yourself is the key to using your own difficult childhood experiences to help others......(It's not being an individual or "different" that matters...What counts is being independant, strong and caring enough to make a difference.)

EJ:smile:

Skillcoil

EJ53,

I remember reading a bit about quindecile aspects. Thank you for commenting on the specific ones and giving an interpretation for it.

I posted my chart in another astrology forum and someone said my quindecile/obsession aspect relates to negative attributes such as issues from the past. I didn't like their interpretation so I decided it would be more convenient for me to ignore quindeciles altogether, lol.

It's difficult to honestly open up about my thoughts and experiences in public sometimes, but I feel it's something I have to do. I agree that being "different" doesn't really matter, but making a positive difference is what is really important.

Thank you for your interpretations. :smile:

Skillcoil

On another thread of mine (deleted for personal reasons), I received the most accurate information I've ever read about my chart. EJ53 commented on an Eye configuration I have in my chart. I thought about it and how amazing it's been in my life and development. My experience with this personal, important process of observing and gathering information about others is something that I've always done, becoming more conscious of it over time. I prefer this method of learning so much that when I was a very young child, I didn't develop speaking and had to go to a specialized school for it when I was 3 1/2 years old. The more I think about this Eye configuration, the more scenarios come to mind.

EJ's comments about my Eye configuration, and other aspects of my chart have been really insightful and I've been expanding my own astrological thoughts greatly since I've read them. Thank you so much for your wonderful insight EJ, I'm glad to have joined this community and learn from your comments. :happy:

EJ53 said:
"Your natal chart contains an Eye configuration, Skill...sometimes called the "Eagle Eye" and consisting of Pluto in Scorpio/8th + Mercury in Libra/8th + Venus in Virgo/7th.

It works (usually subconsciously) as a "gatherer of information concerning the houses in which it is placed"...

...Yours is in the "you" area of the chart...so you are constantly gathering information about anyone whom you come into contact with, but are probably unaware of this subconscious activity...

...However, those whom you scan with this radar might feel you are threatening them with the "evil eye"......as the process can result in you "staring uncomfortably" at others.

[Ask your boyfriend/friends/family about this......as it's unlikely to be something you are aware of yourself.]
EJ:smile:

EJ53 said:
"The "eye" configuration is explained on pages 194-196 of Aspect Pattern Astrology by Bruno and Louise Huber, Michael Alexander Huber...an excellent book that explains some 45 aspect figures used by the Astrological Psychology Association (in the UK).

As in Skillcoil's chart, it consists of a sextile+two semi-sextiles...and it's specific interpretation depends upon the planets+houses+signs involved, with the houses showing where (or about what) the information is gathered...(and other indicators, like rulers or planets aspecting the eye itself, revealing how/for what astrological purpose the information might be used by the individual).

So...In skill's chart, the eye consists of Pluto/Venus/Mercury "coloured by the Sun"...with the Scorpio/Virgo/Libra signs indicating the information gathering is "deep and crisp and even", whilst the 7th+8th house location reveals partners and the values of others are the field of interest...

...Since the rulers of those signs are located in the 7th/8th houses, the information is being gathered for no particular reason...but Mars might make use of it, as the co-ruler of Scorpio.
EJ"

Last edited: