Traditional Forecasts Compared to Modern

chay

Banned
I'm wondering if anyone here uses both Traditional, as in Hellenistic Astrology AND Modern Astrology.
I've never had a Hellenistic Chart done & I would like to.
I wonder if the older system will come up with a similar outcome to a modern chart that uses outer planets.
For example I have Uranus entering my second house soon, it will oppose Mars in the Eighth. Which apparently in traditional Astrology is a good place for Mars unless it's in Scorpio, which, of course mine is.
I'm wondering if using the Traditional method for forecasting will still predict 2nd and 8th house outcomes using the other planets and system.

leomoon

When I think of your question, I think of referring to the ancient chart's house positions:

(of course, I also think it's a good idea, to keep as positive as possible under any fated trying circumstances):pinched:
Since it is also suggesting the 8th as being "resources of the 7th house" too, it may be a good idea to check the 7th for some answers in your chart.

leomoon

You may also want to consider the places where the individual planets find their "Joy" (or more at home?)

the 2nd & 8th contain none but the 6th finds "Mars in it's Joy". I have Mars in Capricorn here, and although I've lived a life opposite from joy - Mars has served me well overall, can't complain especially for health purposes.

Personally I find this site "Skyscript" to be where I go for refreshers in Hellenistic Astrology:
The 'planetary joys' are the houses that each planet most enjoys to be in. This is a traditional arrangement for the seven visible planets which associates the planets with the houses most suited to their natural expression. Thus Venus 'rejoices' in the 5th house of love affairs and procreation and its influence is strengthened
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary1e.html#:~:text=Planetary%20Joys.%20The%20%27planetary%20joys%27%20are%20the%20houses,and%20procreation%20and%20its%20influence%20is%20strengthened%20by

Last edited:

chay

Banned
When I think of your question, I think of referring to the ancient chart's house positions:

(of course, I also think it's a good idea, to keep as positive as possible under any fated trying circumstances):pinched:
Since it is also suggesting the 8th as being "resources of the 7th house" too, it may be a good idea to check the 7th for some answers in your chart.

When Uranus was conjunct Mars in the 8th I had some very life threatening and harmful experiences, so I am a bit nervous, I do have some financial things coming up and I have relatives who could deliberately or inadvertently make this difficult.
I fear being attacked or hurt as I was with the Conjunction. I have surgeries coming up that will literally change the shape of my body ( I have a huge flank bulge on one side from surgery). I have Saturn opposite Jupiter coming up as well, so yep, I'm considering death could be an outcome. But my way of thinking is if that's the case I wont be alive worrying about the transit lol.
The only thing I have in the 7th is the South Node.

chay

Banned
I do see potential positives of course. After these surgeries I could have a lot more freedom of movement and energy. I could change jobs, jeepers maybe I could even consider a relationship. It indicates anger, so if thats the case someone better take my internet away lol

leomoon

When Uranus was conjunct Mars in the 8th I had some very life threatening and harmful experiences, so I am a bit nervous, I do have some financial things coming up and I have relatives who could deliberately or inadvertently make this difficult.
I fear being attacked or hurt as I was with the Conjunction. I have surgeries coming up that will literally change the shape of my body ( I have a huge flank bulge on one side from surgery). I have Saturn opposite Jupiter coming up as well, so yep, I'm considering death could be an outcome. But my way of thinking is if that's the case I wont be alive worrying about the transit lol.
The only thing I have in the 7th is the South Node.

I usually ask the Vedic Community if I have a pressing question about the future. They seem overall to be more versed in prognostication imo and more accurate over time.

Post a Vedic chart or link for one might give someone the impetus to answer the question or read the chart on their links.

Use only the 7 planets however, they don't like seeing the newer ones, for the most part much like the Hellenistic crowd likes their way not crowded by asteroids and the like. :wink:

But really, when I think of Tr Uranus over the 2nd opposite the 8th, it may be a marker for an event to bring money into the life from an inheritance (the 8th), the Lottery etc. Unexpected that is., (Uranus).

It's not always to be feared. Some happier stories I've heard too concerning the same transit.

chay

Banned
You may also want to consider the places where the individual planets find their "Joy" (or more at home?)

the 2nd & 8th contain none but the 6th finds "Mars in it's Joy". I have Mars in Capricorn here, and although I've lived a life opposite from joy - Mars has served me well overall, can't complain especially for health purposes.

Personally I find this site "Skyscript" to be where I go for refreshers in Hellenistic Astrology:
The 'planetary joys' are the houses that each planet most enjoys to be in. This is a traditional arrangement for the seven visible planets which associates the planets with the houses most suited to their natural expression. Thus Venus 'rejoices' in the 5th house of love affairs and procreation and its influence is strengthened
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary1e.html#:~:text=Planetary%20Joys.%20The%20%27planetary%20joys%27%20are%20the%20houses,and%20procreation%20and%20its%20influence%20is%20strengthened%20by

I have Venus and Saturn in their "Joy" spots according to this.

chay

Banned
I usually ask the Vedic Community if I have a pressing question about the future. They seem overall to be more versed in prognostication imo and more accurate over time.

Post a Vedic chart or link for one might give someone the impetus to answer the question or read the chart on their links.

Use only the 7 planets however, they don't like seeing the newer ones, for the most part much like the Hellenistic crowd likes their way not crowded by asteroids and the like. :wink:

But really, when I think of Tr Uranus over the 2nd opposite the 8th, it may be a marker for an event to bring money into the life from an inheritance (the 8th), the Lottery etc. Unexpected that is., (Uranus).

It's not always to be feared. Some happier stories I've heard too concerning the same transit.

A therapist put a compensation claim in for me...ironically for the very events that gave me PTSD when I had Uranus Conjunct Mars! All a fluke really, I had gone for counselling after a traumatic surgery and she led me to this claim. I also found out yesterday I could have been on a benefit all my adult life and I qualify for State paid housing. Neither of which I want or need at the present moment, and a strange thing to find out after 40 years. Maybe that's all something to do with it.

leomoon

I have Venus and Saturn in their "Joy" spots according to this.

I also have Venus in it's joy in 5th, and had nothing but problems adult children really, we aren't close....:sad: For me I think it's indicative of just the openness and love I have for humanity in spite of their behaviors, lol. :unsure:
It's certainly not joy in children.

But it suggests the planet finding a "home" it feels comfy in. The 5th is also about Rest & Relaxation/ vacations, etc. Its natural ruler is Leo. I truly enjoyed travel the most overseas for a decade while I was in decent enough health to do so. I recall in 2004 telling my husband, "let's go on land tours while we both still can walk okay,"....and it worked great.

We went to Turkey for almost a month on an organized land tour, seeing practically the entire country. I loved it.
Italy the same, one a land tour, once on a Cruise ship. Different places each times, except Herculeneum on one and Pompei the other.

Now my middle daughter Jen, is getting the same bug for travel overseas.

Mars in 6th however, does well enough.

Last edited:

chay

Banned
I also have Venus in it's joy in 5th, and had nothing but problems adult children really, we aren't close....:sad: For me I think it's indicative of just the openness and love I have for humanity in spite of their behaviors, lol. :unsure:
It's certainly not joy in children.

But it suggests the planet finding a "home" it feels comfy in. The 5th is also about Rest & Relaxation/ vacations, etc. Its natural ruler is Leo. I truly enjoyed travel the most overseas for a decade while I was in decent enough health to do so. I recall in 2004 telling my husband, "let's go on land tours while we both still can walk okay,"....and it worked great.

We went to Turkey for almost a month on an organized land tour, seeing practically the entire country. I loved it.
Italy the same, one a land tour, once on a Cruise ship. Different places each times, except Herculeneum on one and Pompei the other.

Now my middle daughter Jen, is getting the same bug for travel overseas.

Mars in 6th however, does well enough.

I think Venus in the 5th could more be about enjoying or being good at children while they are still actually children lol. Because whatever the Astrological positions for Teenagers are can't be in an easy spot for me! Mine were a nightmare. Also do you just have girls? I looked after, and even housed a lot of boys but only gave birth to daughters. My daughter has Mars, Node and Jupiter in the 5th and has a boy.
That's wonderful you got to travel, I haven't and now with Covid, may never.

leomoon

I think Venus in the 5th could more be about enjoying or being good at children while they are still actually children lol. Because whatever the Astrological positions for Teenagers are can't be in an easy spot for me! Mine were a nightmare. Also do you just have girls? I looked after, and even housed a lot of boys but only gave birth to daughters. My daughter has Mars, Node and Jupiter in the 5th and has a boy.
That's wonderful you got to travel, I haven't and now with Covid, may never.

3 girls, one died at age 31 in 2008 August. The family pretty much fell apart, each taking sides then. Sad, but their choice was to stay close to her daughters and have access to them which they could not do as her husband (who was divorcing her when she died), did not allow them to know their maternal grandparents. They only know the paternal side and of course their two maternal aunts. Glad for the girls, but sad for us.
It was likely and fated anyway, my Jupiter in the 5th house is 21 Scorpio I write as "A definite loss degree of Scorpio" (i.e. no ifs ands, or buts) and it was.

It was a very difficult and try ing time after Jess died so we traveled to get our mind into a different place. Actually, it started right around the time the twins were born we went to Egypt for the 1st time.

NOW I hear through the grapevine, one of them wants to meet us when she turns 18.

The die is cast however (not sure of that), but perhaps so. A wealthy family raised them. We are on the wrong side of the tracks (not wealthy just average folks) and older. My other two daughters use to call them "the Bots" (the father's family) :) The twins are Aries with Gemini Rising. March 31st 2004 . One quite different then the other. The one who says she likely will seek us out, is perhaps more outgoing like her mom was. Plus she probably has tons of questions.

I've followed her from afar for 14 years. Lovely teenagers - fraternal twins.
The one who expressed interest in us studies Tarot (I saw on her Instagram) and reads my blog for many years now I also noticed. So I often give her tidbits of help there without her father's knowing.

I also know that they likely read the book I wrote on Kindle about their mom's death and the 18 months leading up to it.
Dad doesn't come off well! He pretended at the memorial he was ready to celebrate their anniversary and cried (crocodile tears) - Actually, he was divorcing her which pushed her fragility over the edge to oblivion. At the time I wrote the book I wanted to get it all out as it was cathartic to me, but also tells the objective truth what happened. I didn't want to die with them being in the dark about how their mom suffered and why she left the earth.

The hardest thing we do in life is learn to live with the truth. I don't know how mature they are for truth.

Last edited:

chay

Banned
3 girls, one died at age 31 in 2008 August. The family pretty much fell apart, each taking sides then. Sad, but their choice was to stay close to her daughters and have access to them which they could not do as her husband (who was divorcing her when she died), did not allow them to know their maternal grandparents. They only know the paternal side and of course their two maternal aunts. Glad for the girls, but sad for us.
It was likely and fated anyway, my Jupiter in the 5th house is 21 Scorpio I write as "A definite loss degree of Scorpio" (i.e. no ifs ands, or buts) and it was.

It was a very difficult and try ing time after Jess died so we traveled to get our mind into a different place. Actually, it started right around the time the twins were born we went to Egypt for the 1st time.

NOW I hear through the grapevine, one of them wants to meet us when she turns 18.

The die is cast however (not sure of that), but perhaps so. A wealthy family raised them. We are on the wrong side of the tracks (not wealthy just average folks) and older. My other two daughters use to call them "the Bots" (the father's family) :)

Oh that is such a hard thing to go through, I'm so sorry to hear that. I guess you could look at transits and the twin's charts for an idea of how meeting would go. I hope you get to meet your daughters children one day. Perhaps children raised with wealth are more looking for an emotional connection than a material one.

leomoon

I meant to say too, that someone once told me, their T Square with their Mars in the 12th of the natal charts - find's its missing leg with my Venus in the 5th house!

For years I tried to research the "missing leg of the T Squares"

When (and if) she visits it will be interesting to check the transits and progressions and see if my Venus in the 5th "completed" the T Square and the transits then.

leomoon

Here is something interesting to consider from Lindaland:

[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]"T Square: Another configuration based on the square aspect. But this time only three of the four possible sensitive spots are filled with planets. It is similar to a four legged chair with one missing leg. There would be a sense of instability. The native would feel the need to fill the empty spot. Occasionally the transitive planets would pass through this spot. Then the T Square would become a Grand Square, if just for a few minutes, hours or days."
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana] the missing leg releases the energy, that's a good way of putting it because releasing energy is positive.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]In this case, her Mars in 12th, her Jupiter in her 4th opposes her Uranus in the 10th (loss of mom suddenly) (Gemini,Pisces,Virgo) mutable modality[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]For me, Venus is THAT missing leg for them. Venus in Sagittarius[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]Sounds more fulfilling then it probably actually is. But I can hope![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]Someone posted:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004767.html
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]if you have a t-square, and someone comes along and “fills the missing leg” you get action. you get strong feelings, strong reactions. you can feel it in the body. love it or hate it, it’s impossible to ignore. it is like they have a missing piece of your puzzle, and in a way, they do. it is not always easy, because they activate a sensitive point that can awaken hard challenges, yet there is something essentially “necessary” about it. it feels like fate, like it is meant to be.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

leomoon

chay

Banned
Here is something interesting to consider from Lindaland:

[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]"T Square: Another configuration based on the square aspect. But this time only three of the four possible sensitive spots are filled with planets. It is similar to a four legged chair with one missing leg. There would be a sense of instability. The native would feel the need to fill the empty spot. Occasionally the transitive planets would pass through this spot. Then the T Square would become a Grand Square, if just for a few minutes, hours or days."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]In this case, her Mars in 12th, her Jupiter in her 4th opposes her Uranus in the 10th (loss of mom suddenly) (Gemini,Pisces,Virgo) mutable modality[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]For me, Venus is THAT missing leg for them. Venus in Sagittarius[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]Sounds more fulfilling then it probably actually is. But I can hope![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]Someone posted:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004767.html
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Wow I think it would be! Of course you would be her "missing leg". Mother of her mother.

leomoon

I never thought of it that way. Thanks Chay!

I hope you can get more responses here to your original OP , didn't mean to go off topic. :sad:

chay

Banned
I never thought of it that way. Thanks Chay!

I hope you can get more responses here to your original OP , didn't mean to go off topic. :sad:

I thought it was a privilege to hear your story and very magical to hear about the T-Square, which I didn't know about. I feel this granddaughter has been waiting to meet you her entire life.