Thomas H Burgoyne

david starling

Do you agree with his constellational hypothesis? (I tried to look it up but couldn't find it.)

When it comes to the sidereal Ages, seems like anything is possible, but some ideas are more plausible than others.

david starling

Uranus(9th), Pluto and Rahu(10th)share top billing in my Libra sun chart. Manure happens.
I read that Burgoyne was convinced that he had made psychic contact with the astrological planet now known as Pluto before it was actually discovered, and that it absolutely terrified him.

dr. farr

I read that Burgoyne was convinced that he had made psychic contact with the astrological planet now known as Pluto before it was actually discovered, and that it absolutely terrified him.
Yes, Burgoyne was very much of a practicing occultist; like most members of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor he also used psychedelics (primarily hashish) within a ritualistic/ceremonial setting. Use of psychedelics and the practice of a form of tantra differentiated HBL from the near-contemporary Golden Dawn.

dr. farr

“The Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor”, by J. Godwin, includes quite a bit of information about Burgoyne. In addition to the Light of Egypt, Burgoyne also wrote a small introductory book on early modernist astrology, which is available on Amazon.

Last edited:

david starling

Small, off-topic comment about "Modernist" versus "Modern". I agree with it, because what's considered "Modern" now won't be "Modern" in the future.

By the same token, what's being labeled "Traditional" wasn't "Traditional" prior to the time-frame given for what's being called "Traditional Astrology" now.

So, I use both "Modernist" and "Traditionalist" to refer to today's astrology.
Fortunately, "Mod" and "Trad" are available as nicknames! :lol:

Last edited:

david starling

The Golden Dawn era was quite something. Anything astrological that it ties into?

I can relate it to the beginning of the 5th degree cusp of the tropical Aquarian Age (25 degrees Capricorn).

Rosicrution leader Max Heindel was born and lived during that degree.

It's also the same tropical Age-degree that the concept of an impending Age of Aquarius was introduced in occult circles, prior to being popularized by the writings of Carl Jung.

Theosophical Society, also founded in that degree, along with the Brotherhood of Luxor.

Seems as though the Neptunian Libra generation inherited the results.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Yes, the Aquarian age concept was initially broached in the late 19th century by a friend of poet W. B. Yeats, who as both a leading GD member and poet-laureate of England, originally popularized the idea in the very early 20th century.

david starling

Yes, the Aquarian age concept was initially broached in the late 19th century by a friend of poet W. B. Yeats, who as both a leading GD member and poet-laureate of England, originally popularized the idea in the very early 20th century.
That was the Neptune in Cancer era. Very occult.

david starling

According to the Great Chronocrator concept, we've been in an Earth-sign cycle since 1802, and we're now shifting into an Air-sign cycle beginning with Aquarius. The changeover of Elements is called the Great Mutation.

Here's a clearly written article about it:

I'm wondering if the Theosophers and/or Rosicrucians made reference to it.

Opal

Blavatsky and others of the turn of the last century believed that the change began in in the late 1800’s.

When Tesla and electricity were in their “new” infancy.

david starling

Blavatsky and others of the turn of the last century believed that the change began in in the late 1800’s.

When Tesla and electricity were in their “new” infancy.
I think of that as "the first light of dawn" regarding the Aquarian Age. Still such a long way to go. :sad:

Tesla envisioned free electricity for everyone. Long way for that, also!