The Year of the Tiger

Northstar10

According to Chinese Horoscopes by Lori Reid:

The year of the tiger is a dramatic year, often described as making its presence felt by all and sundry. Tension, upheaval and disasters of all kinds characterize this year. Unusual weather conditions, disruptions to communications and international crises may be expected. This is the year for daring deeds-- but only for those favoured by the Tiger-- the rest are advised to keep their heads down. It is considered unlucky to marry in the year of the Tiger for at this time relationships may be electrified, sparked, fizzled and then die out again. In general a vibrant and exciting time that will quicken and die out again. In general a vibrant and exciting time that will quicken the pulse, that will bring great progress and success to some but perhaps disaster to others.

Auspicious year for: Rats, Tigers, Rabbits, Dogs
Difficult year for: Oxen, Snakes, Monkeys
Beware finances: Horses, Roosters
Beware relationships: Dragons, Sheep, Pigs

Dang, the heavens might be punishing my romantic life this year. Maybe Tiger Woods is an omen.

Maybe I'll be an atheist to astrology this year.

Last edited:

kaminari

I'm a Dog & fantastically thrilled that Ox is almost over. This has been a doozy for me. When Tiger comes this Feb 14th, I'm gonna raise my glass & shed more than a tear. I think back to '98. I decided to go to a 3rd-world country, leaving my home for the first time. Tiger was good to me. I fell in love there (it fizzled in the Horse year four years later, oh well.) I went to my pops' hometown in that 3rd-world place & pops decided to join & see, for the first time in 45 years (!!!!!), the jungle town he lived in for his first five years (till the Japanese murdered his family & expelled him.. all is forgiven btw cause I'm living in Japan now & have fallen in love with the Japanese). At one point I was unknowingly surrounded by dangerous & extremist break-away Communists that made money kidnapping people like me. I even took pictures of the soldiers at their posts like any good tourist would do. It was only later that my friend told me how much peril i could've faced. We came home & discovered my half-brother was found. Pops had been looking for him for over thirty years (long story) & we met him. Tiger was good to me & pops. My favorite line of poetry comes from a Yusef Komunyakaa war poem: A tiger under a rainbow at nightfall. The imagery is beautiful. I saw once a hidden camera video, it was set next to a water hole in the jungle. A Bengal tiger climbs into it, with sleepy eyes, his head bobbing there - the only thing visible above water. He soaks there for a long while till his ears perk up. He then sleekly climbs out of the pool just before the researchers fetch their camera. It is the most beautiful & dangerous soul I can imagine. And I thank the Heavens that he is friend to this Dog. Come soon Tiger cause I've been waiting eleven long years for you !!!

Last edited:

BOOGY99

I'm a Dog & fantastically thrilled that Ox is almost over. This has been a doozy for me. When Tiger comes this Feb 14th, I'm gonna raise my glass & shed more than a tear.

i dont know much about the year of the tiger only that i was born under it eliment (wood)

i will raise my glass with you if the comming year it gonna be great!!!:smile:

Neptune Rising

I'm a tiger, glad Ox is nearly over! I remember reading somewhere that its likely I would have some sort of legal wrangle during the year of the Ox! I wondered what they were on about, but now I'm taking my ex employers to an employment tribunal for being naughty and unfairly dismissing me.. :rightful: grrr wrath of the moralistic tiger!!

Year of the tiger should be interesting!

BOOGY99

According to Chinese Horoscopes by Lori Reid:

This might be of interest for us Tigers :smile:

Forecast for 2010
Being the Tiger’s own year, 2010 holds great promise for those born under this sign, with exciting developments happening for them both personally and professionally. Some Tigers may be feeling disappointed and disheartened after 2009 and it will be important to leave the past behind and concentrate on the future, which is looking so bright! Financially, everything improves this year for those born under this sign and money-making thoughts and ideas should be fully explored and investigated. With the fast pace of this year for all signs, the Tiger needs to take extra care in planning and thinking all projects through – no rushing headlong into schemes during 2010! Tigers looking for romance will possibly see a friendship suddenly develop into something more personal with exciting consequences. August, December and January will see a very active and entertaining social calendar, but all of 2010 will see fun activities for the Tiger. The Spring months, March to May, will bring encouraging and interesting job opportunities, but the Tiger will still have to make sure he puts himself forward and gets noticed at work.

kbell

I'm a wood tiger and I feel like this year is going to be awesome. Last year's Ox year was one of my worst, but I'm looking ahead hoping for the best.

Northstar10

Here's a second opinion concerning relationships in the year of the tiger for the year of the sheeple from http://www.astrology.com/2010-year-tiger-sheep/2-d-d-65585:

The active Tiger will be felt keenly in your social life. It could be a year in which you meet a great many people, more than a few of whom may play a significant role in your future. So, while all your socializing may feel like play, it is actually a very important activity for you. That said, the Tiger's influence will encourage you to party like there is no tomorrow. You may be easily distracted from tasks, especially the less pleasant ones, so you will need to be disciplined and make sure your playtime does not interfere with your other goals. Personal relationships should flourish this year, though change will be ever-present. You can expect a marked transition in at least one significant relationship, whether it is a separation, or on the contrary, a deeper commitment.

BOOGY99

Just had a thought, will all Tigers have natal jupiter in pisces in their birth chart?

And its our jupiter return comming up too, gosh could do with some luck and positive new beginings!!! lol

xxx:wink:

Last edited:

HeyPlayGirl

not to be a debbie downer but unfortunately going by the animal sign alone is like going by your sun sign alone in western. you have to look at your element along with whether or not you're "weak" or "strong" according to your birthtime, plus other information and it's a bit complicated. (too complicated for me!! lol) http://www.lovesigns.net/resources/yearly-forecast/fortunes-2010.htm

however i think i'll miss the ox year just because it was rather predictable :biggrin: i think it was a double earth year. i'm too weak for the excitement the tiger will bring LOL

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Just had a thought, will all Tigers have natal jupiter in pisces in their birth chart?

And its our jupiter return comming up too, gosh could do with some luck and positive new beginings!!! lol

xxx:wink:

Ooo yeah, good point! I've got Juptier at 16 degree Pisces. Wood tiger. I know this is western astro rather than Chinese now... but but but, how about the Jupiter/Venus/Moon conjunction on 14th Feb in Pisces! It kind of feels like the jovial energy of a Tiger year. Maybe a lottery ticket is needed?

Neptune Rising

not to be a debbie downer but unfortunately going by the animal sign alone is like going by your sun sign alone in western. you have to look at your element along with whether or not you're "weak" or "strong" according to your birthtime, plus other information and it's a bit complicated. (too complicated for me!! lol) http://www.lovesigns.net/resources/yearly-forecast/fortunes-2010.htm

Thats true. Nice link, thank you. Its quite interesting, as I'm a 'weak water' element it recommends colours to wear that I actually wear the most. It says stay away from yellow, which I have no problem doing, I'm sure yellow would make me rather scary looking.

BOOGY99

hi HPG

yes i did know re there is more to just the Tiger year, as there are eliments etc

yes its too complicated for me too lol

but its just a guide, and to be honest i have never followed this type of astrology before, but i always live in hope lol xx

falaho

Thanks for your post, it is very interesting.

The year of the tiger could be very good if you work hard to achieve your goals. If you are careful with your finances and health there is nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

mooninrevati

iam a snake and truly happy the tiger has come and gone, had a lot of upheavals in my lifein 2010, lost my job in a third world country, lost my husband 4 months later,but the good part is i was reunited with my children in usa (good part)..waiting for better times..grateful for what i stillhave..
:tongue: