the worst synastry aspects ?

Mad Madam Mimm

Perhaps we should take the chart comparison between my and my ex's chart as Exhibit 'A'. I guess on the bright side nobody got shot, but it wasn't pretty. There was a double whammy of Mars/Pluto challenging aspects...

My answer to your question, is 'what kind of bad do you want?' If being deceived is your worst nightmare, then the other guy's Neptune in challenging aspects to your personal planets would deliver that. If we're talking about the proverbial rain on your parade, the other party's Saturn in tough aspect to your personal planets would be the ticket. Getting thrown off balance by their challenging Uranus aspects to your planets would be heck for some. A ruthlessly transforming Pluto could be a nightmare. On a really niggling compatability level, square moons where you don't want to do the same thing at the same time, might eventually drive you to distraction. One thing I found out. Not even a Jupiter conjunct Sun and Sun conjunct Jupiter in a chart comparison can make up for a mess of bad aspects.
Late addition: I may be out to lunch on this, but I believe my X's Uranus square my ascendant was a prime instigator in the big split-up. So if you're looking for longevity, I think that's a killer.
😂

Mad Madam Mimm

Venus square Saturn.
If it's strong, stay out of the relationship.

It is one of those aspects that ALWAYS cause problems in a relationship.
They are usually about closeness/sex and etc.
When one wants a hug, the other doesn't and it goes on and on.

Without closeness a relationship will not work.
Even if it's a spiritual relationship.
I have this as a personal aspect. It’s a block and I’ve noticed it’s true we are hard on ourselves and never really believe that we are loved, although,we are loveable, in a black hole sort of way lol..You can’t love others until you love yourself is true for us. Maturity helps us outgrow this, but it’s painful. There must be a bright side to it someplace. In the meantime, this one needs attention and dynamite 🧨 before you even think of trying a relationship.

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
A summary of what other users have posted about the worst synastry aspects (I will bold and colour the aspects, etc., in each reply):

can anyone tell me what would be the very worst synastry aspects to have when reviewing the charts of two people. I was thinking sun square mars I heard that that aspects could mean violent arguments.
I was thinking sun square mars I heard that that aspects could mean violent arguments.
my boyfriend and l have sun square mars double whammy and we argue as adults. We are luckily very mature!
How about Mercury opposite Pluto.
I don't believe any one synastry aspect is enough to rule out a great relationship. It seems to me that the number of hard aspects, showing general incompatibility, is the real problem.
my Venus conjunct his Saturn, and his Venus square my Saturn. Then in the composite, Venus sesquiquadrate Saturn! It was really hard to express any sort of affection, but we are still pals. :)
I think 2 points above are very important ... first, WHAT one considers "really bad" can vary a lot. Second, WHAT OTHER aspects are present in the two chart can -- not cancel out a bad aspect -- but *ease* it ... allow it to function more positively.
So I suppose I see Neptune as the most potentially problematic planet in synastry, largely because it leads to illusions/delusions that aren't revealed until further on. Saturn and Pluto are, I think, quicker to show their true colors -- and therefore easier to address (or run away from). Neptune feels really good ... until it feels terrible. Saturn and Pluto are difficult from the get-go. And as with anything, if you're aware of/alert to the possible problems, the energy can be better handled. :)
Well I know that Venus-Neptune in a good aspect mean that the Venus is bewitched by the Neptune. But I dont know if it mean true love. And the opposition... forget about it... totally a dream.
Mercury square neptune... the neptune person will confuse and lie to the mercury.
Moon trine Neptune is good, but I heard Is a karmic aspect....
the neptune person will remind the moon person's mother/father of the previous incarnation.

I HATE U NEPTUNE!
Venus challenging Saturn is really difficult to deal with. Pluto with personal planets can mean control, obsession and other dark matters.
No Saturn aspects though mean the relationship is not likely to endure.
Saturn on the Moon can be depressive and inhibiting.
It was loaded with good aspects ...... and then came his mercury in my 12th house oppose my mars. This aspect makes the mercury person tell lies on you and that he did! His saturn was trine my venus, but his venus was oppose my saturn, and he couldn't get comfortable around me because he knew that I would tell him to behave better or I would try to raise his moral conscious. One other aspect, his mars was square my uranus. These few bad aspects sent this relationship completely down the toilet and I can't stand to even look at him now. I
For me ,neptune has always been a killer for me.The lies and the deception..Me and an ex had neptune square sun and he would always lie to me and if he wasnt lying hed always see me in ways i just wasnt.
I have mixed reviews on the Venus-Saturn aspects, specially the conjuction athough it can make things very difficult regarding affection exchange, if a couple manages to stay together and be in a committed relationship that aspect itself will the give the relationship lots of endurance. But it won't be a very affectionate relationship, but I don't think its a horrible thing either.
I think Saturn conjunct the ASC is more likely to do this or just be plain rejecting of the person's appearance. The problem is that you might get involved with the person because Saturn contacts will bind people together and in this case as time goes on the Saturn person will start picking the ASC person's appearance apart.

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
A summary (continued) of what other users have posted about the worst synastry aspects (I will bold and colour the aspects, etc., in each reply):

Wow, I haven't been here in a while. :surprised:

Anyway, I just wanted to say that while Saturn can be a devil, I find the hard Neptune aspects much WORSE in a chart, and hard Uranus or Pluto ... essentially watch those big outer planets when they form hard aspects to your personal planets in composite!

Pluto = power struggles
Uranus = instability
Neptune = deception

But Neptune is the one I really look for precisely because it's deceptive. Neptune squaring or opposing natal planets in a composite chart ... run like h*ll. Ha. I speak from experience. Conjunction can be a problem, but it depends. Neptune is the great deceiver.
Saturn hard aspects, especially squares, can be worked with. Oppositions seem more (to me, IME) to be external factors keeping people apart. Squares are felt more internally, but as a result, they can lend great STRENGTH to a relationship if met head on AND there are strong positives in the chart otherwise. They usually represent a perceived limitation and or a critical approach. Without positive factors, that gets old FAST, and we often (again, IME) see or feel hard Saturn aspects relatively early-on, so we know they're there (unlike the hard Neptune). We can decide whether we want to live with them, or if there are enough goods to outweigh them.
I feel that any negative Neptune and Pluto aspects are the real heavies.
Sun square Mars
can mean arguments and violence but it would depend on the signs involved and the other aspects. It can give energy and
stimulation if handled correctly. Uranus for disruptive and unstable relations. Saturn can mean restriction and coolness. We need to look at the whole charts as always.
Mars-Saturn aspects are tough. Mars is always wanting to initiate and Saturn is always wanting to hold Mars back or limit it somehow. Sexually, it's a wet blanket.
One of the most painful aspect I experience is Neptune square Venus, Let's say in the theme of romantic love as Venus being;
The worset obvious aspect I have with someone is his mars square my sun and mercury - we can *really* get eachothers back up and the most trivial matters can turn into all out war!

However, I find his moon opposite my pluto, is probably the most sinister aspect with regards to manipulation and game playing etc
mars or saturn of another's chart or the angles square a malefic in another person's chart, oppositions can be thrown in to such mix. Pluto squares and oppositions can be quite intense. mercury square the others mars can lead to intense intellectual disagreements. Also, aspects from a benefic to said offending malefic can counter things, trines more so then sextiles and jupiter more so then Venus. Also, we have to look at the fact trines to a son of a b@tches chart are a bad thing because they can blind the other person to what an sob said person really is.
mars square saturn is the worst here, mars pluto is hot sex
I have to agree with you on Mercury in hard aspect to Moon. I dated a I had an opposition with, and I seriously would be sitting right next to him and not hear what he said. This was a consistent theme in our relationship, him having to repeat what he said to me! It was the weirdest thing and was the catalyst to breaking us up!! Well...he was also a jerk too!
Mars in hard aspect to saturn because one person feels like they have the energy and will to do something but the other person deliberately tries to stop them, this causes resentment on both ends. Both partners could get in the way of the other' person's ambition and goals.

Venus in hard aspect to Neptune because of the inevitable dramatic disappointment, things seemed so beautiful but then all of a sudden the unpleasant reality comes out with a big bang.

Mercury in hard aspect to Neptune can cause both partners to feel that they have to intentionally mislead or lie to the other to have the other respect them. It is very easy for miscommunication to occur.

Venus in hard aspect to saturn is actually excellent for business partners or colleagues, you tend to attract more prosperity financially. However, in personal relationships there is a potent coldness that is hard to verbalize but is always felt. There is also a lack of physical affection.

Venus in hard aspect to Pluto causes obsessive compulsive relationships marked by extremes in feelings, jealousy, possessiveness and very heavy karma.

Saturn conjunct an angle makes one person feel that they are burdened or restricted by the other or that they are their teacher. I find Saturn on the MC or Asc is excellent for student-teacher relationships but not for personal relationships.