The Moon & Sun & talents

Rebel Uranian

This is about as unorthodox as it gets. Read.

The Moon stands for our natural receptivity. It makes us sensitive. It might also have to do with low LI and introversion. Venus is similar. Basically, these planets have the most to do with factors associated with "giftedness." Low LI also leads to being psychotic, or "loony," if you're not smart enough. And a lot of these traits in general just make you look like you have something wrong with you.

The Sun is basically the opposite. Don't take it to mean that the Sun is stupid; I never said the Moon was smart. The Sun is just more outgoing, not over-sensitive, and in general gives one better social skills. I also think that it might make one have higher confidence, less depression, and definitely less distractibility and absent-mindedness. Mars is similar.

Mercury is changeable and emphasizes whatever it's interacting with, especially in conjunction. I think it also has to do with liminal states, but that doesn't really fit into this new model so far. I have no idea what to do with Saturn or Jupiter although I'm thinking about it, and the outers make so little sense to me that I'm currently ignoring them.

Since the Sun & Moon have opposite humors, a low amount of one might be similar to a high amount of the other, and both a low about of one and a high amount of the other will particularly emphasize the associated traits.

OK, that was sloppy. Please don't nitpick or be offended. If you have any ideas, please tell me.

Claire19

A lot of what you are saying doesnt make much sense, sorry.

The sun is our basic character and ego expression, creativity, procreativity and much more and whether it is weak or strong how depends on many things, house, sign and aspects. The Moon is our emotional life, our domestic issues and nurturance and again how strong or weak depends on the sign house and aspects. Venus is what we attract, how we relate and what we value especially materially and can gain assets through our talents, yes.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

@Moog - Yes.

(for other people)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latent_inhibition

@Claire - I know it was incredibly sloppy, but I stated that at the end and I warned you that it was unorthodox at the beginning. I was just relating the Moon (and similar Venus) to general higher amounts of receptivity which are not the same but similar, such as higher arousability, sensitivity, and stuff along these lines.

Lunatic = a crazy person (why I thought LI might be related)
The Moon is also considered by many to give psychic abilities. The factors that lead people to think they're psychic actually have to do with receptivities of sorts.
The Moon and Venus are often used as fertility symbols. On a symbolic level, that always has to do with receptivity to ideas.
The Sun is for socially prominent people for the most part. The Sun and Mars both have a lot to do with war and worldly power. This is more "expressive," and the Moon and Venus (notice the pairing of temperamentally similar planets, I do that for simplicity) are more "receptive." The expressive side can't really see what it's doing, and while the receptive can, it can't really do anything about it. There is the war, and then there are the boatloads of postwar-disillusioned poets and composers. There is technology, and there is the people it screws with. There is the practical and the spiritual.

All people are interested in is astrology for psychological purposes so I'm here trying to make it simpler because I can and I'm nice like that.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
This is about as unorthodox as it gets. Read.

<...>I think it also has to do with liminal states, but that doesn't really fit into this new model so far.

A model requires some kind of organization. Based on what you have written, none perceptibly emerges at this time. More stream of consciousness than modeling.

Rebel Uranian

Your organization is not my organization and vice versa. Look up aleatoric music, and then serial music. One is extremely disorganized, the other extremely disorganized. You probably can't tell this just from listening.

IleneK

Premium Member
Your organization is not my organization and vice versa. Look up aleatoric music, and then serial music. One is extremely disorganized, the other extremely disorganized. You probably can't tell this just from listening.

Thank you for the reference. So perhaps you are trying to innovate a model, rather than already having one?

Claire19

@Moog - Yes.

(for other people)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latent_inhibition

@Claire - I know it was incredibly sloppy, but I stated that at the end and I warned you that it was unorthodox at the beginning. I was just relating the Moon (and similar Venus) to general higher amounts of receptivity which are not the same but similar, such as higher arousability, sensitivity, and stuff along these lines.

Lunatic = a crazy person (why I thought LI might be related)
The Moon is also considered by many to give psychic abilities. The factors that lead people to think they're psychic actually have to do with receptivities of sorts.
The Moon and Venus are often used as fertility symbols. On a symbolic level, that always has to do with receptivity to ideas.
The Sun is for socially prominent people for the most part. The Sun and Mars both have a lot to do with war and worldly power. This is more "expressive," and the Moon and Venus (notice the pairing of temperamentally similar planets, I do that for simplicity) are more "receptive." The expressive side can't really see what it's doing, and while the receptive can, it can't really do anything about it. There is the war, and then there are the boatloads of postwar-disillusioned poets and composers. There is technology, and there is the people it screws with. There is the practical and the spiritual.

All people are interested in is astrology for psychological purposes so I'm here trying to make it simpler because I can and I'm nice like that.

Moon is motherhood and Venus is love and relationships in simple terms, so yes they are linked in that they are the feminine principles in a chart, especially what men want in a woman. Worldly power really belongs with Pluto and Mars for the physical expression of war and aggression. Pluto plots the killing and provides the motivation and Mars carries it out.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Thank you for the reference. So perhaps you are trying to innovate a model, rather than already having one?

You're probably going to un-thank me on the music thing, but you're welcome for now. And yes, this is something new.

Moon is motherhood and Venus is love and relationships in simple terms, so yes they are linked in that they are the feminine principles in a chart, especially what men want in a woman. Worldly power really belongs with Pluto and Mars for the physical expression of war and aggression. Pluto plots the killing and provides the motivation and Mars carries it out.

Pluto is Mickey's dog to me right now. The Moon and Venus are linked by having the same humor, as are the Sun and Mars. Of course, this changes in other elemental systems. Some principles (particularly the Moon) are receptive principles and some (particularly the Sun) are expressive principles. The notion of masculinity and femininity that you speak of is mostly cultural and varies widely between times and places. Also, worldly power doesn't mean global/governmental power in this context. It basically means celebrity. We treat our governmental people as celebrities so to a certain extent there is no difference. Commercial items can also be celebrities although they're not human.

Simplified idea for this model:
The Moon makes you notice.
The Sun makes you noticed.

SniperBomber328

Pluto is Mickey's dog to me right now. The Moon and Venus are linked by having the same humor, as are the Sun and Mars. Of course, this changes in other elemental systems. Some principles (particularly the Moon) are receptive principles and some (particularly the Sun) are expressive principles. The notion of masculinity and femininity that you speak of is mostly cultural and varies widely between times and places. Also, worldly power doesn't mean global/governmental power in this context. It basically means celebrity. We treat our governmental people as celebrities so to a certain extent there is no difference. Commercial items can also be celebrities although they're not human.

Simplified idea for this model:
The Moon makes you notice.
The Sun makes you noticed.

Good thing you did not accidentally typo the d in Noticed Rebel.

Aside from that, I have to agree with Rebel here. Moon is receptive and the Sun is expressive. That's why the Sun is Moist. External in nature. The Moon is cold, therefore internal in nature.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Subtlety: not for the weak.

Hot (not moist) is external, cold is internal. I think the Greeks put it this way since heat flows from hot to cold objects, so the hot objects are "externalizing" the heat which the cold objects "internalize." I think a better analogy would be with pressure, but that'd be one puny little Rebellious Free Thinker overturning millenia of dogma. The Rebel cannot understand the ancient dogma independently as much as the dogma itself teaches to its followers, right?

Last edited:

*emma*

Banned
The moon is not about talents to me per se. I think the moon does denote character in the same way the sun does. The moon is reflective of the soul very much so.
The sun denotes the core behind it all. Talents to me are the aspects between planets. Just my two cents.

as for *gifted* mercury and venus good aspects denote gifts

Last edited:

SniperBomber328

Subtlety: not for the weak.

Hot (not moist) is external, cold is internal. I think the Greeks put it this way since heat flows from hot to cold objects, so the hot objects are "externalizing" the heat which the cold objects "internalize." I think a better analogy would be with pressure, but that'd be one puny little Rebellious Free Thinker overturning millenia of dogma. The Rebel cannot understand the ancient dogma independently as much as the dogma itself teaches to its followers, right?

Tomato Tamato, Potato Patato (or however you spell that).

Rebel Uranian

Nope. Heat is different from moisture. Moisture is viewed more as a coherent and flexible (and often benefic in its positive) quality to something. Heat is an expressive outward quality to it.

Air - sanguine - hot & moist
Fire - choleric - hot & dry
Water - phlegmatic - cold & moist
Earth - melancholic - cold & dry

SniperBomber328

Nope. Heat is different from moisture. Moisture is viewed more as a coherent and flexible (and often benefic in its positive) quality to something. Heat is an expressive outward quality to it.

Air - sanguine - hot & moist
Fire - choleric - hot & dry
Water - phlegmatic - cold & moist

Earth - melancholic - cold & dry

Yea I realuzed that afterwards. Sorry and thanks for the correction. I was confusing moist with warm and moist with wet in my mind.