The Astrology of Myers-Briggs Personality Types

Love2Know

How much of the "population" did they take int account? Which population? Also it says that you need to take the test a few times for the most accurate results. Also how valid is this test? 17 personality types...... Where is the narcissist or other more "negative" ones which exist. It calls my type a champion, I wish I could flatter myself but being slightly extroverted perceiving, feeling whatever doesn't make me a champion. Take this with a grain of salt! We are still in the dark ages of psychology/ medicine/

Last edited:

Lightrider

After reading strengths and weaknesses of each personality type, i think INTP fits me better after all. The thing is i'm more aware of people's feelings now because i've been working on it. I do believe have became a more sensitive person as well.

Rebel Uranian

@Love2Know - "The Fieldmarshal" or "The Executive" (ENTJ) is a major narcissist, and there is probably at least one other one. Also, there are 16 types for 4x4 variables = 16 unless they have some other thing.

Champion: (dictionary.com)
4. a person who fights for or defends any person or cause: a champion of the oppressed.

Trust me, I'm a lawyer. (not professionally)

@Lightrider and everyone else who is in a toss-up between two, as well as @Love2Know for mentioning the cloud thing -

I've taken this thing a cloud of times. I've gotten every personality in there, or so it seems. "Oh, people want me to be a thinker, so I'll make myself a feeler," which works fine until I get to the questions on justice vs. mercy which forces me to think again and get real(er) and then become as much of an extreme thinker as I can at the moment. I can read the test like that, and I am super indecisive. I mean, who allowed me to own more than one type of pack of gum at a time? After I pick the type, I have trouble picking between individual sticks and deciding if it'd be prettier if I picked the one on the left or the one in the middle, and I often want to decide against having any at all, but I don't because I want to be socially acceptable and have good smelling breath. And that's just gum, and not even anything important. The main way to decide what personality you are is to test a few times to get a basic idea, read the descriptions, and then decide. The thing that makes it the most obvious is this:

The E(xtroverted) or I(ntroverted) refers to your primary functional preference taking place within or without. The secondary one is automatically the opposite. P(erceiver)s have the S(ensing) or (i)N(tuitive) stronger and this is the primary function. J(udger)s have the T(hinking) or F(eeling) stronger and this is the primary function. The tertiary and inferior are the opposite of the primary and secondary but have the same E or I quality, which would be EF for and ET and IT for an IF. This basically means that there are four basic types with four sub-types defined by the two middle letters, and between the four sub-types, two are basically interchangeable, with only the functional preference order changed. INTJ (The Scientist) primary function: introverted thinking, secondary function: extroverted intuition. ENTP (The Visionary/Lawyer) primary function: extroverted intuition, secondary function: introverted thinking. INTP (The Thinker) primary function: introverted intuition, secondary function: extroverted thinking. ENTJ (The Executive/Fieldmarshal) primary function: extroverted thinking, secondary function: introverted intuition.

Love2Know

Oh yes they have decided upon 16 types, mistake! Hmm there is a narcissist type? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaa Also, my type is E whatever I am not big on details. Ok yes I am ENFP
"
"ENFPs are energetic and enthusiastic leaders who are likely to take charge when a new endeavor needs a visionary spokesperson. ENFPs are values-oriented people who become champions of causes and services relating to human needs and dreams. Their leadership style is one of soliciting and recognizing others' contributions and of evaluating the personal needs of their followers. ENFPs are often charismatic leaders who are able to help people see the possibilities beyond themselves and their current realities. They function as catalysts."" (http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/enfp/) My Chiron Gemini 10th! Oh yeah.

The potential ways in which an ENFP can irritate others include:
losing sight of the main purpose of the discussion and going off at tangents
initiating too many projects, and not being able to deliver on all of them
talking too much
introducing too much change, and not leaving well-established, workable routines alone.
making errors of fact
wanting to pursue ideas without fully thinking through the consequences in, say, cost terms
(http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/myers-briggs/enfp.htm)
Hahhhhhhhhhaaaaa

I once flew to the other side of Canada, dropped out of school and lived there several months cuz my friend was gunna do it but she couldn't go so I called for her job. I did not think it through at all.

I also just bought a puppy, I walked in the store where they get 2 pups a year from local breeders, I know the owner not puppy mills! Just randomly bought the puppy and told my bf Surprise your a fur daddy ahahaha He was too cute I couldnt leave him. I am like the character in bridesmaids you took several puppys from the wedding..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNvn6EhSa4Y&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLF05C7C6F42BAB15C

I think her character is EN whatever too, "I took 9 I did slightly over commit I probably would have been more comfortable with 6". classic.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Actually, it would be NF, not EN character. And I got something wrong about functional preference ordering on my last post.

The actual ordering for ENFP is:

Primary Function Extraverted Intuition

Secondary Function Introverted Feeling

Tertiary Function Extraverted Thinking

Least Function Introverted Sensing

According to my mistake method, it would be:

Primary:
Extroverted intuition
Secondary:

Introverted feeling
Tertiary:
Extroverted sensing
Inferior:
Introverted thinking

which obviously isn't true. That means that I also have to re-organize my short table (at least mentally.) Oops.

There are 16 personalities and 12 Zodiac signs. Let's start assigning!

And the narcissist one (ENTJ) also makes a greeeeaaaat executive, especially with all that confidence they have, and the non-directly-narcissistic fact that they're much more goal-oriented than the other executive types, so don't laugh too hard.

Who decided the non-letter names for these? And what about the percentages? I don't trust those. I don't trust the free tests either (which are supposedly not the real tests for these types.) We all end up with different answers. usually the same two, over and over again, and have to nudge the result one way or the other by reading and analyzing.

Last edited:

Love2Know

If you don't laugh hard then don't bother laughing. HAHAHAHAHAHHha :) Executives are a dying breed "DON'T" get too excited. Soft skills or EQ is the new big thing as well. I took the paid test I got the same type, cuz I answered the same way cuz I answered honestly. It's cool how you can put a higher price on something and it automatically has perceived value even if it's a piece of ****. Does the price tag make it more scientifically valid possibly?

Last edited:

Fragoso

Hello :biggrin:

I am an INFJ for sure.

________
Cancer asc
Sun libra
Moon taurus (exaltation)
Sun squares neptune/uranus
Moon trines neptune/uranus
Mercury scorpio
Mars in cancer
Venus scorpio conjuncting pluto *.*
_______

I think my chart is associated to INFJ classification. :tongue:

Frag

Lightrider

Took it again and this is what i scored:

Introverted 63%

Intuition 79%

Thinking 68%

Perceiving 79%

It seems i'm still an INTP. What catches my attention is that even though INTP's primary function is Introvert Thinking, in my case, Intuition > Thinking. Does that make more of an INTJ/IFNJ even if i scored very low on Judging?

Rebel Uranian

Intuition and sensing are perception. Thinking and feeling are judgement.

I think I'm too neutral on intro/extrovert and perceiving/judging to be anything, since usually I'm ENTP or INTJ. I think this means I have the functions at about equal preference ordering but the functions are consistently extroverted intuition and introverted thinking.

Love2Know

Yeah well extroverted is easy. Do you thrive when with others? I do, introverts need lone time I do too but not alone time really just space. I can always be around people not the same people though.

Rebel Uranian

I like alone time but I feel like a loser when I'm isolated. I forgot which test it was, but there's a test that just looks at introversion and extroversion and I got both. I think the fact that I end up more isolated than I want to be might make my extroversion scores go higher than they really are, which would make it really hard to tell if I'm more of an introvert or extrovert.

Rebel Uranian

My friends would probably have a hard time telling, because I either talk too much or not at all at any given moment. I think it's because being an introvert doesn't exclude you from being an extrovert and vice versa, and the more I do one the more I want the other. This means if you want to measure my introvertedness, you must increase my extrovertedness and vice versa. It's basically the Heisenberg uncertainty principle with psychology. Which means you will never find out my personality! :lol:

Ravellian

I think the Myers-Briggs personality test is just a way to justify the corporate hierarchy. I remember reading about what percentages of the population constitute the different types.....of course, the types that corresponded well to executive positions, CEO or COO were supposed to be the "rarest". They were equated with the terms "Field Marshal" and "Mastermind". Of course, people with artistic, sensitive or healing affinities were significantly more common.

Now, my dad was on the general counsel of a big New-York stock exchange company for a long time, and I have to say I find he and his peers to be unremarkable - they simply have the materialism of the average, dull, talentless American citizen augmented by a higher level of intelligence. I regard them as more or less being children, having attained only an inferior level of personal development. Their values and desires are simply concordant with those of their society as a whole, and this is what allows them to succeed so well.

On the other hand, in comparison to how many business people there are (a great many), how many artists or spiritual adepts do you know? Probably comparatively few. That's because there are less - however, the place of the sensitive types in the corporate hierarchy is only that of drawing a pill, or writing a jingle, so of course something has to justify their relatively unremarkable position as being the result of having only common, unremarkable abilities.

Rebel Uranian

I think the Myers-Briggs personality test is just a way to justify the corporate hierarchy. I remember reading about what percentages of the population constitute the different types.....of course, the types that corresponded well to executive positions, CEO or COO were supposed to be the "rarest". They were equated with the terms "Field Marshal" and "Mastermind". Of course, people with artistic, sensitive or healing affinities were significantly more common.

I guess that's why I can't figure out what type I am. I like order but I hate hierarchy. "The most corrupt republic has the most laws." I can't think of that many people with artistic, sensitive, or healing affinities at all. Someone did an actual test on actual populations and "The Fieldmarshal" got a much higher score than the original people gave it :innocent:

Last edited:

Love2Know

The pysch tester at my school said ideally we should change intro/extro scoring as we mature....... and the 'ideal' is a balance of these traits.