The age of Aquarius

david starling

The Age of Pisces may began between 5 BC-5 AD - when Jesus Christ, son of God according to Christianity, was born. The symbol of Christianity in Roman and Greek times was the fish, the sign Pisces is a fish. However, as the age progressed for 2,000 years, Pisces as a sign of bondage meant Christianity ruled Europe like a dictatorship, only to decline in phases in the last 200-250 years, and now in the Aquarian age, church/religion and state/government are more separate entities in the free, developed or western world nations. Perhaps we're in a Capricornian age instead, because of all the scientific advancements made, and space travel began between 1950 and 1960 AD.

I don't see Pisces as a Sign of bondage, but one capable of a deep connection to the spiritual world. There were and are Christians and those of other religions capable of that. The bondage you mention was Mundane oppression, nothing to do with spirituality, but masquerading as such. So, rather than say it has to be one way or the other, it's two separate types of Earth-effects, a Mundane-effect that can be determined Astrologically using the Tropical-zodiac, and the other a Spiritual-effect using Sidereal.
The timing is vital and yet confusing, both because of the one-Sign Age-overlap, and the late blooming nature of the Tropical, Cardinal-sign Ages. The third Decant of the Capricornian Age is when the Age began showing its true nature in the 16th Century. That's when ENTIRELY non-Spiritual, Capricornian, Modern-science began developing. Since this could hardly be attributed to an Age of Pisces, and no Tropical Age-method was considered as a factor, the only possible explanation was that the Aquarian Age was inexplicably coming on WAY ahead of schedule. Even though Aquarius is itself spiritually oriented in its own manner, and is a very humanitarian Sign, now it was Aquarius that was blamed for the World Wars, just as Pisces has been blamed for things like the Inquisition and the burning of "witches". I'm not blaming Capricorn. I'm blaming its disastrously unfortunate Rulership, in the context of the incredibly long-lasting Age. The technology of this Age isn't about lightening, it's about putting electricity to work in technology. And, it's about explosives and the power achieved using combustion. Ten converts to One in base-10 Numerology (1+0=1), which is symbolic of the conversion of Matter, from 10th Sign Capricorn's Earth-sign quality, into Energy, from the Fire-element of Ist Sign Aries. This brings in the Saturn-Mars Axis of Rulership for the Age.
Capricorn is a civilization-BUILDING Sign, but what it creates is ALWAYS under serious threat from the Saturn-Mars Axis. But Capricorn's intentions are good, and if unimpeded by Saturn, would create a true technological utopia.
Once more, Cardinal-signs are Innovative, and Earth-signs are materialistically oriented. So it's the Age of Capricorn that's behind all this new, amazing, materialistic Modern-technology, and it's USE (keyword for Capricorn) in UNIFYING (1+0=1) the world in a materialistic way.

Last edited:

david starling

Why does everyone say Aquarius rules Technology? I can't seem to understand it. I mean, Technology wasn't invented until the Light Bulb came to be, which wasn't too many centuries ago, and to top it off, how can Aquarius rule Electricity?

Sometimes I wonder if people just connected Aquarius to Technology because of the "Age of Aquarius" thing, which seems just a coincidence. Even to some, who believe that the Age of Pisces is still continuing for another few hundred years, what then? Does Pisces rule Technology? Since Technology was discovered in the Age of Pisces, not Aquarius.

Absolutely correct! :cool: And, no, Pisces does NOT rule technology. :lol:

david starling

For those who think that we haven't moved into the age of Aquarius, please explain the astrological configuration/s that are responsible for the sudden advance in technology in the recent past. Here is a graph that shows the advance which started as a small invention (the printing press) back around 1400. Note the gentle upward surge around the late 1800s, and the near vertical line in the middle of the 1900s.
If anyone has an explanation for this rise in technology (other than the change to the age of Aquarius) feel free to post the proposed astrological configuration/s!

This latter part of the Age of Tropical Capricorn, with its developments accelerating towards the end of the Age, is "the astrological configuration/s that are responsible for the sudden advance in technology in the recent past". The Saturn-Mars Rulership Axis is behind the power of the Military Industrial Complex.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Both signs Aquarius and Pisces represent global cultural diversity - Pisces is the sign of oceanic travel and trade (I would believe Cancer too, a fellow water sign) and Aquarius has more to do with airport, highway and railroad hubs bring people from all over the world together in one spot. Another water sign Scorpio is the sign of diasporas - ethnic, national, religious or cultural groups living far from their homelands. And something is watery about Aquarius, despite being an air sign like Gemini (scientific - another similar sign is Capricorn) and Libra.

The age of Aquarius represents a smaller world, the decline of the nation-state and more likely an united world government will form to bring together the whole human race, despite many immense differences in culture amongst us. Telecommunications such as radio, television and esp the internet has brought more of us together in the 20th century - dawning of the Aquarian age (or Capricorn if you go by that). And we're entering a time of more prosperity, liberty and world peace than ever before in world history or any other previous astrological age.

david starling

Both signs Aquarius and Pisces represent global cultural diversity - Pisces is the sign of oceanic travel and trade (I would believe Cancer too, a fellow water sign) and Aquarius has more to do with airport, highway and railroad hubs bring people from all over the world together in one spot. Another water sign Scorpio is the sign of diasporas - ethnic, national, religious or cultural groups living far from their homelands. And something is watery about Aquarius, despite being an air sign like Gemini (scientific - another similar sign is Capricorn) and Libra.

The age of Aquarius represents a smaller world, the decline of the nation-state and more likely an united world government will form to bring together the whole human race, despite many immense differences in culture amongst us. Telecommunications such as radio, television and esp the internet has brought more of us together in the 20th century - dawning of the Aquarian age (or Capricorn if you go by that). And we're entering a time of more prosperity, liberty and world peace than ever before in world history or any other previous astrological age.

It's the culminating period of the Tropical Age of Capricorn, because the Cardinal-sign Ages coalesce at the end. This is because they usher in a new Season of Ages (in this case, the Winter-season), and have to overcome traditional resistance to the new seasonal paradigm, which is globalisation. The last Cardinal-sign Age was Libra, which began the Fall-season of Ages, and introduced writing and the the city-state paradigm, which was the theme all the way through to the nation-states of this Age of the first Sign of Winter, and even those are becoming global. The watery nature of Capricorn is seen in the symbol for the Sign, the Seagoat, or Goat-fish. Next up, and already beginning to alter the Capricornian-Age world-view, is the Aquarian Age. But the new season of Ages is established now, and ready for the next phase, which will be far more humanitarian, and far less focused on mechanization and materialism. The Tropical, Fixed-sign Ages are able to become effective almost immediately, because the season is already underway. So we're in transition, in our Tropical Charts, from the Foreground Age of Tropical Capricorn to that of Aquarius. And the paradigm shift will be radical and unmistakable, once it occurs. For now, we're just seeing modifications to Capricornian-Age attitudes, preparatory to the real changeover. The Piscean Age is strictly Sidereal, and affects only our means of connecting to the Spiritual Realm--nothing to do with mundane affairs or life on the Material-plane. With both Spiritual and Mundane Age-influences moving into Aquarius in the same timeframe, in everyone's Charts in these two different coordinate systems, the effect will be extraordinarily powerful.

Last edited:

david starling

For those who consider the Age of Pisces as a "Christian Age", remember that the religion itself has two basic components: Spiritual connectivity, and Mundane authority. The spiritual component is Sidereal and Piscean, and is located in a Sidereal-chart. The mundane component is Tropical and Capricornian, and is indicated in one's Tropical-chart. They have occurred in the same timeframe, and that has confused the entire issue regarding the Ages for over a Century. :sideways:

Last edited:

dr. farr

Along the above lines I shall mention that Islam was born in the 7th century CE (allegedly during the Age of Pisces) and Sikhism arose during the 15th century CE, and the Baha'i faith in the 19th century.

Also, in 138 CE Antoninus Pius was made Roman Emperor-he believed that a "new age" had begun and made various alterations to the Roman cult to account for the changes indicated by this "new age".

david starling

The spiritual, Sidereal Age of Pisces, using the Age-Indicator at the First Point of Spring (which is also the first point of Tropical Aries) began in the same general timeframe as the mundane Age of Topical Capricorn. Sidereally, when the Piscean Age began is dependent on the "Ayanamsa", the Vedic word for the degree of divergence of the first point of Tropical Aries from the first point of Sidereal Aries, using equal Signs. The Age of Pisces began when the Ayanamsa was 0 degrees, meaning the two settings of the Zodiac were fully aligned. But there is no real agreement as to when that occurred. At 71.6 years per degree of movement, a difference of only a few degrees in the Sidereal setting means an Age-beginning centuries apart.

david starling

Tropical Astrologers have been the most opinionated and interested in the Sidereal Ages. They have generally used mundane events to gauge the beginning date for the Sidereal Age of Aquarius, and then set the Sidereal Sign-boundaries from that, without using them for anything else. I find this....troubling.

david starling

Along the above lines I shall mention that Islam was born in the 7th century CE (allegedly during the Age of Pisces) and Sikhism arose during the 15th century CE, and the Baha'i faith in the 19th century.

Also, in 138 CE Antoninus Pius was made Roman Emperor-he believed that a "new age" had begun and made various alterations to the Roman cult to account for the changes indicated by this "new age".

I use numbered Signs, beginning with Aries #1 through Pisces #12. (This was a mainstream Modern idea back when I first started studying Astrology, but appears to have lost many adherents.) In applying this to the Tropical Ages, I use basic Numerology to determine some of the Age characteristics. The Age of Sagittarius is of the 9th Sign, which is "resolved" by its square root #3, which brings in Gemini, the 3rd Sign. So, although opposites, Gemini resolves for Sagittarius. During the Age of Sagittarius, which is still the major influence on our Traditions as the Background Age-sign for the current, (Foreground) Age of Capricorn, the Greco-Roman religions had Zeus/Jupiter, ruler of Sagittarius, served by Hermes/Mercury, ruler of Gemini, as his messenger. When a number reaches double digits, which is the case for all three Signs of the Winter-quadrant, the two are added together and resolved in that way. So, 10th Sign Capricorn is resolved by One (1+0=1). This explains the strict monotheism of Islam, which actually developed in the very early stages of the Age of Capricorn. Christianity was the "crossover" religion from the Age of the 9th Sign, resolved by 3, to the Age of the 10th Sign resolved by 1. So, that correlates with the Trinity which is viewed as comprising the three facets of the One God. With One as the resolving number for this Age, Modern-science has replaced the Laws of the One God, with the entirely materialistic Laws of the Universe. Scientist/priests perform the "ritual" of the scientific method in their laboratory/ temples, revealing the Laws of the Universe. Now, we look to them for scientific "miracles", and for explanations of cosmic and natural phenomena that were originally explained by religion. This is an Earth-sign Age of extreme materialism. Also, this Age of the tenth Sign is when the base ten, decimal system came into use, along with a fascination for multiplies of ten, like decades, centuries, and millennia.

Last edited:

david starling

"Novus ordo Seclorum" , the infamous motto that is on the dollar bill, means "New Order of the Ages". I correlate this to the new Season of Ages, with the Age of Capricorn ruled by Saturn being the the first Age of the Winter quadrant. I attribute the motto's notoriety to the Saturnian influence on the powerful ruling structure now unifying (again, 1+0=1) the world using Age of Capricorn technology, which developed so late in the Aqe that it's being mistaken for a manifestation of the Aquarian Age.

CapAquaPis

In the Aquarian age, the concept of old and aging has changed, baby boomers view aging differently from previous generations. There could be a Capricorn component, the sign associated with aging, but with the Aquarius proportion, the definition of old will take a whole new meaning and boomers define what it is to be seniors or mature adults. I'm 37 now, then I realize the human life span continues to expand - if I was born in 1900, I'm expected to live to 47 and many people born in 1900 lived to their 80s, thanks to improvements in public sanitation and medical advancements to prolonged many people's lives.

david starling

In the Aquarian age, the concept of old and aging has changed, baby boomers view aging differently from previous generations. There could be a Capricorn component, the sign associated with aging, but with the Aquarius proportion, the definition of old will take a whole new meaning and boomers define what it is to be seniors or mature adults. I'm 37 now, then I realize the human life span continues to expand - if I was born in 1900, I'm expected to live to 47 and many people born in 1900 lived to their 80s, thanks to improvements in public sanitation and medical advancements to prolonged many people's lives.

I attribute this to modifications to Capricornian Age conditions by the APPROACH of the Aquarian Age. The Cusp does matter, but the actual changeover will bring about a radically different Age environment, whereby things that seem impossible now will become part and parcel of the Aquarian Age paradigm.
CapAquaPis, are you finding it difficult, or even impossible, to envision this Direct Motion, Tropical Age sequence? I haven't gotten into the way it's configured and located, but it's the overall pattern of the results that's the most different from the conventional Sidereal methodology using the First Point of Spring to locate a retrograde Sidereal Age Indicator. If Sidereal Astrology has a means of determining Earth's Ages, shouldn't Tropical Astrology have one as well?

david starling

Kind of slow lately, as far as conceptual discussion (Sun in Virgo?), so I'll liven things up a bit by saying something snarky. :lol: The biggest clue that mundane events and attitudes since the Dark Ages began, and even a few centuries before that weren't commensurate or representative of the Sidereal Age of Pisces, is that they WEREN'T Piscean in nature. (Snarky part:) If you think they were, then you know practically nothing about the Sign itself. :biggrin:

CapAquaPis

The Age of Pisces is sometimes referred to as the age of Virgo and we transit to the age of Leo/Aquarius. The birth of Jesus Christ between 4BC-4AD was the halfway point of the procession of ages of world history. And his sun sign may been Capricorn (is his moon sign Aquarius?) while his mother the Virgin Mary was thought to be Cancer (her moon sign Virgo?)...symbol of early Christianity is the fish (age of Pisces) and Dec 12 - Saint Virgin Mary day - in Sagittarius.

david starling

The Age of Pisces is sometimes referred to as the age of Virgo and we transit to the age of Leo/Aquarius. The birth of Jesus Christ between 4BC-4AD was the halfway point of the procession of ages of world history. And his sun sign may been Capricorn (is his moon sign Aquarius?) while his mother the Virgin Mary was thought to be Cancer (her moon sign Virgo?)...symbol of early Christianity is the fish (age of Pisces) and Dec 12 - Saint Virgin Mary day - in Sagittarius.

The Fall of Rome and the start of the Dark Ages are pivotal for Mundane events. I reserve the Sidereal Ages for spiritual events, like the birth of the Savior, which is in line with an Age of Pisces. The RELIGIONS that formed, Christianity and Islam, were INSPIRED by Sidereal, Foreground Pisces, Background Aries ( since there's a one-Sign overlap); but, in actual practice, they perform a Foreground, Tropical Capricorn, Background Sagittarius mundane role. I no longer use Sidereal Ages for mundane Age-events and characteristics, I use the Tropical. So, modern technology and science, for example, and the wars and explosives, fall in the Tropical Age-manifestation category. Pisces has nothing to do with those--it's all about Capricorn and its dreadful rulership.

CapAquaPis

And the Age of Aquarius is both an era of increased and decreased prosperity, depending on where you are, and what country. For the underdeveloped world, they're more prosperous than 25 or 40 years ago, esp. East Asia (the most notable case is post-Mao China, but Japan has risen among the world's top 10 economies), the Persian gulf states (Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Dubai, Oman and the Saudis), Latin America (Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and the best case Chile are more industrial) and portions of sub-Saharan Africa. In the USA, the southern and western regions and states known as the "sunbelt" are now among the leading economic centers, esp Florida, Texas and California - replacing declined Detroit, St Louis and Pittsburgh.

But for the developed world - the USA/Canada, western Europe, then Japan and Australia/New Zealand, there are indicators of a gradual decline in living standards, incomes along with buying power, and employment possibilities are lowered to not seen as the Great Depression (1930s). I can see the transformation of the American economy: 90 years ago, mostly dominated by farm labor, but by 65 years ago, it was factory labor, then 35 years ago, white-collar or office professionals, and today, the lower-paying service industry (esp. retail stores and fast food order) will convert to automation - which means 25 years from now, young adults can hardly find a job here. Generations X/Y and Millennials, and soon Digital Natives will deal with this issue.

The dawning of the age of Aquarius had the industrial revolution from 1850 to completion in WW2 (1940s), esp. in the USA, Great Britain and Germany. In 1956, the US census finds white-collar jobs became the majority of all employment professions. And around 2010, we became a more service-oriented industry, which isn't a positive event. From peaking in 1956 to what I predict by 2042 - young adults might not be able to even pick the fields if robots and outsourcing (and some political critics say H1B immigration work visas) will do the work for Americans...or humanity. The Aquarian age is about change and we experienced constant generational shifts of labor economics in the last century (esp the 20th) alone.

david starling

And the Age of Aquarius is both an era of increased and decreased prosperity, depending on where you are, and what country. For the underdeveloped world, they're more prosperous than 25 or 40 years ago, esp. East Asia (the most notable case is post-Mao China, but Japan has risen among the world's top 10 economies), the Persian gulf states (Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Dubai, Oman and the Saudis), Latin America (Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and the best case Chile are more industrial) and portions of sub-Saharan Africa. In the USA, the southern and western regions and states known as the "sunbelt" are now among the leading economic centers, esp Florida, Texas and California - replacing declined Detroit, St Louis and Pittsburgh.

But for the developed world - the USA/Canada, western Europe, then Japan and Australia/New Zealand, there are indicators of a gradual decline in living standards, incomes along with buying power, and employment possibilities are lowered to not seen as the Great Depression (1930s). I can see the transformation of the American economy: 90 years ago, mostly dominated by farm labor, but by 65 years ago, it was factory labor, then 35 years ago, white-collar or office professionals, and today, the lower-paying service industry (esp. retail stores and fast food order) will convert to automation - which means 25 years from now, young adults can hardly find a job here. Generations X/Y and Millennials, and soon Digital Natives will deal with this issue.

The dawning of the age of Aquarius had the industrial revolution from 1850 to completion in WW2 (1940s), esp. in the USA, Great Britain and Germany. In 1956, the US census finds white-collar jobs became the majority of all employment professions. And around 2010, we became a more service-oriented industry, which isn't a positive event. From peaking in 1956 to what I predict by 2042 - young adults might not be able to even pick the fields if robots and outsourcing (and some political critics say H1B immigration work visas) will do the work for Americans...or humanity. The Aquarian age is about change and we experienced constant generational shifts of labor economics in the last century (esp the 20th) alone.

CapAquaPis, I'm looking at these events in the light of a new paradigm, which I believe is itself the result of insights gained due to the Sidereal Aquarian Age. New paradigms aren't easy to accept, at least, not this one. It came to me initially because the Age preceding the Aquarian Age was so obviously not Piscean (a Sign I have in very important places in my Chart), yet the Aquarian Age totally resonated for me. Couple that with the fact that the METHOD being used to determine the Ages literally doesn't work for the Tropical system, and the necessity to be able know how the Aquarian Age COULD be determined Tropically if I were to remain a Tropical-astrologer, and I was forced to find a Tropical method that both explained the very unPiscean Age, and yet still explain why Tropicalists are so receptive to an Aquarian Age not indicated by their own version of Astrology.

CapAquaPis

I read your posts, David...and get what you mean, what you believe and what you interpret. I'm sure the "red star" (super) novae predicted to shine in the Cygnus constellation on April 2022 can mean an ushering of the Aquarian age. Cygnus is north of the "winter" group of the zodiac: Sagittarius and Capricorn, and of course, Aquarius. And the constellation Aquila on the celestial equator. Aquila was north of the moon when the USA became independent - Jul 4 1776.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaMpaQWsRzI