The 7th house and other people

demetraceres

Other people in the 7th house

I would like to ask if I am doing wrong interpreting planets in my 7th house as symbolic characteristics of my own personality because that's what natal chart is about? I know the 7th house represents how we relate to others. But here my imagination stops. And it also said that 7th house are other people. But in what way other people? Planets here should represent what we seek and what we receive from others? So, what we seek is part of our personality, but what we recieve is revealing characteristics of people we attract? So it is us and others at the same time?

And when this 7th house planets are in aspects, they become traits of our own personality, or not? Does anyone else has problems with idea how to explain planets in the 7th house?

For example, in my 7th house (being in Libra) I have Scorpio Jupiter sextile MC and trine Moon and Libra Uranus square Moon, square MC, in opposition with AC and Chiron. So, who is showing this characteristics - me or others? And how to explain such a controversy of two different energies in the same house - one harmonious planet (with harmonius dispositor) and one afflicted planet (with afflicted dispositor). What would that mean - that I attract people with completely opposite traits or that I relate to people in completely opposite manners? It seems so complex.

How would others explain this dilemmas and contradictions?

Last edited:

Dirius

When doing a personality reading, every planet represents a different area of your personality.

Planets placed in the 7th house, or aspecting the ruler of the 7th house, or in good/bad reception with its ruler, usually represent that area of your personality being affected (in a good or bad way) in the presence of other people.

demetraceres

Thanks, good people :). So, the 7th house represents our shadow reflected by planets/ other people as I understand this girl in video. Or so to speak part of our personality being affected by other people, is our shadow? That would suggest that I don't want to see my crazy and rebellious part while i feel I'm not able to live fully my independency and autonomy. But maybe this could be the same thing.

And again, 7th house is also about boundaries. First I discover Neptune in the 8th house is all about boundaries, now even the 7th house. The 7th house people are lacking boundaries. Is it really so?

Bunraku

Nice page:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h7.html

Main Rulerships:
Marriage and all forms of partnerships. The spouse, lover and person enquired after. Business partnerships and the legal contracts that pertain to them. Watters notes that affliction of the 7th represents: "an open rupture in a partnership or marriage" ([JoE], p.65). It indicates the opponent in any lawsuit or conflict and in mundane charts shows the possibility of war.
All enemies that are known as such belong to this house (the 12th house warns of secret enemies but as soon as their existence is known they are represented through the 7th house). It also signifies fugitives and runaways, including known criminals who are at large such as escaped convicts. In matters of theft it represents the thief and indicates whether or not the lost property will be recovered. In journeys it indicates the destination and in questions concerning whether of not to move it indicates the property to which you intend to move.
Simmonite suggests that it rules grandfathers (4th from the 4th), but these would normally be shown directly from the 4th house so the 7th should only be considered where there is a need to identify the father and grandfather separately.

http://vedicartandscience.com/vedic-astrology-seventh-house-personal-happiness/

http://jyotishvidya.com/ch18.htm
Chapter 18.

Effects of 7th House

1. O excellent of the Brahmins, listen to me detailing the effects of the 7th house. If the 7th lord is in his own sign or in exaltation, one will derive full happiness through his wife (and marriage).

2. SICK WIFE:
Should the 7th lord be in the 6th, 8th, or 12th , the wife will be sickly. This, however, does not apply to own house or exaltation placement as above.

3. EXCESSIVE LIBIDINOUSNESS/DEATH OF WIFE:
If Venus is in the 7th, the native will be exceedingly libidinous. Venus joining a malefic in any house will cause loss of wife.

4-5. THE 7TH LORD:
Should the 7th lord be endowed with strength and be conjunct or be aspected by a benefic, the native will be wealthy, honorable, happy, and fortunate. Conversely, if the 7th lord is in fall or is combust or is in an enemy's sign, one will acquire sick wives and many wives.

14-15. WORTHY SPOUSE:
The native will beget a spouse endowed with (the seven principal) virtues who will expand his dynasty by sons and grandsons if the 7th lord is exalted while the 7th is occupied by strong ascendant lord and a benefic.

16. EVILS TO SPOUSE:
If the 7th house or its lord is conjunct a malefic the native's wife will incur evils, especially if the 7th house or its lord is bereft of strength.

17. LOSS OF SPOUSE:
If the 7th lord is devoid of strength and is relegated to the 6th, 8th, or 12th, or if the 7th lord is in fall, the native's wife will be destroyed (i.e. she will die early).

18. LACK OF CONJUGAL FELICITY:
If the Moon is in the 7th as the 7th lord is in the 12th and the Karaka (indicator Venus) is bereft of strength, the native will not be endowed with marital happiness.

7-8 1/2. MISCELLANEOUS MATTERS:
The native will befriend barren females (for sexual union) if the Sun is in the 7th. The Moon therein will cause association with such females as corresponding to the sign becoming the 7th. Mars placed in the 7th will denote association of marriageable girls (or those with menses) or with barren females.
Mercury indicates harlots, mean females, and females belonging to trader's community. Wife of a Brahmin or a pregnant female will be in the native's association if Jupiter is in the 7th. Base females and females having attained their courses are denoted by Saturn/Rahu/Ketu in the 7th.

9-9 1/2. Mars denotes a female with attractive breasts. Saturn indicates sick and weak spouse. Jupiter will bring a spouse with hard and prominant breasts while Venus will bring one with bulky and excellent breasts.

Depending on what type of lens you view astrology with , then it can get very literal! ... :andy:

Last edited:

Bunraku

I don't like the idea that the people we attract are a reflection of us, and how it's our doings that make other people do these things...

It's leads the way of victim blaming.

So if I happen to attract a rapist,then there's something in my natal chart that made it so I was seeking a rapist? :annoyed: It's my fault now? There's a rapist within me because it's a shadow side?

Frisiangal

Re: Other people in the 7th house

I would like to ask if I am doing wrong interpreting planets in my 7th house as symbolic characteristics of my own personality because that's what natal chart is about?

No; you're not. I'm with Dirius on this.

For example, in my 7th house (being in Libra) I have Scorpio Jupiter sextile MC and trine Moon and Libra Uranus square Moon, square MC, in opposition with AC and Chiron......

How would others explain this dilemmas and contradictions?

You seek answers from others, yet without a chart for visualisation purposes that will include other aspects to/from planets already mentioned, it is difficult to provide any response that is relevant for YOU.

That said, you may find that Moon square Uranus says a lot about behavioural patterns and needs (Moon) in you that undergo a necessary change(Uranus) through your 7th house relationships. With Uranus in Libra, are you experiencing the Uranus opposition from Aries in 1st? Freedom in/from relationships is often the manner towards expression of Sun individualism.:smile:

LyP

The seventh house, is about the people you will meet and will feel your heart beating strong
this is not just about romantic love.
I do not think it's about a facet of his personality
but it's about a personality facet of others that may match what you are.

when it comes to relationship there are two kinds of people, those who are special to you, and which are only known.

~~~//~~~

I Think,
What the ruler its seventh house also rules, it is important.

We will assume you have aquarius in your 7th house,
the rulers of your seventh house are Saturn and Uranus,

Your saturn is in a random sign in a random house but ....
you have Mars in Capricorn!
Your Saturn also governs your mars.

I think you would attract a person aries type or many planets in Aries/dominant mars for lasting relationships,
and Capricorn people would find you charming
this has nothing to do with the usual astrological combinations, you will like the aries person even if you have a strong placements in scorpio.
(which, in theory, these signs not match)

this also applies to the planets that the ruler makes conjunction;
let's assume that your Uranus is conjunct Neptune
you would better relate to Pisces/Aries combo people.
that does not mean the person will have a aries sun with a pisces ascendant
for example.
only means that the person has this energy
like a moon conjunction mars or sun square Neptune
that sort of thing.

The seventh house is more like a symbolism for me

not the people itself,
let's assume you have Sagittarius in your seventh house, it is likely that you have this lasting,special and important relationship with a foreign person, or descendant of a different culture.

I think that also applies to the rising sing, the ruler is much more important that the ascendant itself.

Last edited:

demetraceres

I don't like the idea that the people we attract are a reflection of us, and how it's our doings that make other people do these things...

It's leads the way of victim blaming.

So if I happen to attract a rapist,then there's something in my natal chart that made it so I was seeking a rapist? :annoyed: It's my fault now? There's a rapist within me because it's a shadow side?

I have to admit I'm very confused relating to the 7th house question and specially regarding my Uranus in it (but also Jupiter). I already thought I have a clear explanation for it and for my relations with people, now I'm totaly lost.

You surely have your point in critising the idea that people we attract are a reflection of us. This idea surely leads the way of victim blaming and it is the worst possible apology for misdeeds of others.

The problem is I don't see the understanding of the 7th house this way. I actually don't know how to explain the 7th house, but in video Neptunia attached it was said something else. For example - I have Uranus (besides Jupiter) in the 7th house - so I don't understand I attract crazy and rebellious people, but by the video theory all kinds of people I meet show me my crazy and rebellious side. I can't say if this is true. First of all - in my perception craziness and rebellion don't have negative conotation, so probably they couldn't represent my shadow. And what about well placed benefics - how could they represent a shadow?

Actually, if I think better, I like people with a little bit of crazy and rebellious nature, I think they are something special. So, somehow it could be true that we admire planets in the 7th house. This is the opposite of trying to put in the shadow. But what about our enemies? They are also represented by the 7th house.

This is way too complicated.

Blaze

Account Closed
The 7th house is a huge mystery to me.

My 7th house is relatively empty, aside from having Pluto in there which I'm still debating whether or not matters much. But besides that, I have Scorpio in the 7th with it's ruler (Mars) in the 12th in Aries. Now what confuses the **** outta me is the whole Open enemies (7th house) and the hidden enemies of the 12th. My Mars makes only one soft aspect (Trine Moon) and the others involve a T-square. It also squares Neptune but like Pluto, I'm leaving that outer planet out.

What does all that mean for my 7th house? I dunno.

LyP

blaze you would post your
chart?

the ruler of my seventh house is also in twelve, so I'm sure this makes all your henemies hidden, it's like, people who do not like you, take action against you under the table.

demetraceres

Re: Other people in the 7th house

No; you're not. I'm with Dirius on this.

You seek answers from others, yet without a chart for visualisation purposes that will include other aspects to/from planets already mentioned, it is difficult to provide any response that is relevant for YOU.

Yes, you are right, I just don't feel comfortable to attach my chart.

That said, you may find that Moon square Uranus says a lot about behavioural patterns and needs (Moon) in you that undergo a necessary change(Uranus) through your 7th house relationships. With Uranus in Libra, are you experiencing the Uranus opposition from Aries in 1st? Freedom in/from relationships is often the manner towards expression of Sun individualism.:smile:

Well, I would say there is a tension between a need to get along with others and being myself. But not so much in my love life (I overcomed this long ago), mostly in other interactions with people (at least it was so in the past). Probably it really has to do something with Sun individualism.

Last edited:

lazarusx

let's assume you have Sagittarius in your seventh house, it is likely that you have this lasting,special and important relationship with a foreign person, or descendant of a different culture.

It's eerie how true i find this statement.

I have Sagittarius in my 7th house.. some of my closest friends are foreigners, every single relationship I've had except for one has been with a foreigner and my first experience with love was also with a foreigner, she embodied huge parts of my shadow and the experience was a major lesson in understanding myself.

Ruler of the 7th is conjunct Ascendant ruler in my 1st house. - Not sure how this plays out exactly, but i would say i identify heavily with my partner or at least seek a partner that reflects the image i project.

LyP

It's eerie how true i find this statement.

I have Sagittarius in my 7th house.. some of my closest friends are foreigners, every single relationship I've had except for one has been with a foreigner and my first experience with love was also with a foreigner, she embodied huge parts of my shadow and the experience was a major lesson in understanding myself.

Ruler of the 7th is conjunct Ascendant ruler in my 1st house. - Not sure how this plays out exactly, but i would say i identify heavily with my partner or at least seek a partner that reflects the image i project.

you're right!
you really are more inclined to like the people for whom you strongly identified with your own intellect/with a lot of mercury in the chart :biggrin: