Tantra

Ukpoohbear

Thank you for your beautiful thread, I gave you many likes especially for May 2020 :geek:

I am not a 'real' Tantra practitioner, I have not ready any books on the subject;

but I have been practicing something similar for many years

Hey, thanks for the appreciation 😻

I am not a practitioner of Tantra either. This is just an expression of my own self-healing journey and posting things that inspire me along the way and by sharing, hopefully inspiring others.

Feel free to post your own self-healing inspirations or thoughts here, it’s open to all. A self-healing journey is the greatest journey of all 😃

Last edited:

ScorpioMaria

For me Tantra is about channeling, expressing, releasing strong energy in a positive way and merging with another person, however that may be :geek:

There is great power in Tantra, as I understand it

One of the great mysteries of life, truly hidden, esoteric knowledge, a precious gift for those who know

I am in a stable relationship, there is no novelty, but there is steady desire and satisfaction because of Tantra

I have very strong energy in the 8th house (Sun-Mars-Pluto conjunction) that was overwhelming, difficult to understand as a child;
but I came to understand, express, release this energy thanks to Tantric practices

Ukpoohbear

Jennifer Aniston is a Page of Swords. She's been unable to find her Knight through no lack of trying. But she has maintained a remarkable positive attitude throughout her career.

How cruel, to make someone a Page and not give them a Knight. It’s like tormenting someone with a puzzle that can’t be solved.

Ukpoohbear

For me Tantra is about channeling, expressing, releasing strong energy in a positive way and merging with another person, however that may be :geek:

There is great power in Tantra, as I understand it

One of the great mysteries of life, truly hidden, esoteric knowledge, a precious gift for those who know

I am in a stable relationship, there is no novelty, but there is steady desire and satisfaction because of Tantra

I have very strong energy in the 8th house (Sun-Mars-Pluto conjunction) that was overwhelming, difficult to understand as a child;
but I came to understand, express, release this energy thanks to Tantric practices

It’s true what you say that the most common Western understanding of Tantra is Tantric sex, which basically just means to make love consciously, although of course, it goes a lot deeper than that.

Besides self-improvement, I am also naturally fascinated with people and how they interact and connect. Like a kind of natural interest in psychology.

I think it would be a shame to concentrate solely on the meaning of tantric to be a partnership with another because not everyone is in a loving relationship. I guess that’s why I focus on self-healing because it’s important whether in a relationship or not.

However, I can imagine that, once partnered up with a soul mate, the endless possibilities that would exist to grow in a way that is not possible when one is still a standalone soul.

However, not everyone is invited to Xmas, and perhaps some have spent too much time attached to a soul that the greatest development for them is to be alone.

That being said, I have been learning about the concept of Tantric sex for the last couple of months by watching YouTube videos about it. I think a beautiful loving - and conscious - connection with someone, has its own special brand of connecting with the heartbeat of the Universe.

I think Tantric sex can only be achieved when two souls are working in tandem together - surely they must be on a similar path of consciousness for this to work. And therein lies the rub - the dating world is hard enough without also having to find someone who is conscious.

Honestly, I think it’s down to the Universe to transpire together with the winds of fate, to bring your soul mate to you, when the timing of the Universe is right. I don’t believe anything is random, I believe the Universe is unquestionably and unfathomably intelligent enough to have everything to not be a coincidence. Actually, to say the Universe is intelligent is an insult - God invented intelligence and we get but a trickle of it. There is nothing to do but surrender and enjoy the wait.

I digressed there because I am single. But I am genuinely interested to hear about your experience with Tantra in a loving relationship.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

I forgot to mention as well that the idea of partnership can be extended to beyond a sexual partnership. You alluded to this idea as well when you said the meaning of Tantra is about merging with another person, ‘however that may be.’

I think this is key. For those not in a loving partnership, they can make connecting with other people in general ‘tantric.’ Every connection should be mindful but perhaps for those longing to be in a loving partnership should extend their understanding of it.

For those unable to be Mothers, they next can look into adoption or fostering. Or even by the mere fact of just being a woman, being a Mother to Earth can include the same phases of growth that a birthing Mother would experience. As woman, we are all subject to a fleeting window of time to which we are ‘in bloom,’ before our the Winter phase of our life comes.

Those without a loving and supportive biological family can extend their idea of family and look to friend’s to fulfil that same stable home base.

Much easier said than done and the key always returns to self-work and self-growth. Then the idea is extending this universally to others, becomes Shamanic in its healing possibilities.

Wow, universal and inclusive healing - how Pluto in Aquarius!! 🤍 (And Saturn in Pisces)

david starling

How cruel, to make someone a Page and not give them a Knight. It’s like tormenting someone with a puzzle that can’t be solved.

I personally know of one Page, a Sun Virgo, who found a stable, lasting and loving marriage with a 7 of Wands. Interesting how the #'s 7 & 11 are associated with each other as fortunate in rolling dice.

ScorpioMaria

It’s true what you say that the most common Western understanding of Tantra is Tantric sex, which basically just means to make love consciously, although of course, it goes a lot deeper than that.

Besides self-improvement, I am also naturally fascinated with people and how they interact and connect. Like a kind of natural interest in psychology.

I think it would be a shame to concentrate solely on the meaning of tantric to be a partnership with another because not everyone is in a loving relationship. I guess that’s why I focus on self-healing because it’s important whether in a relationship or not.

However, I can imagine that, once partnered up with a soul mate, the endless possibilities that would exist to grow in a way that is not possible when one is still a standalone soul.

However, not everyone is invited to Xmas, and perhaps some have spent too much time attached to a soul that the greatest development for them is to be alone.

That being said, I have been learning about the concept of Tantric sex for the last couple of months by watching YouTube videos about it. I think a beautiful loving - and conscious - connection with someone, has its own special brand of connecting with the heartbeat of the Universe.

I think Tantric sex can only be achieved when two souls are working in tandem together - surely they must be on a similar path of consciousness for this to work. And therein lies the rub - the dating world is hard enough without also having to find someone who is conscious.

Honestly, I think it’s down to the Universe to transpire together with the winds of fate, to bring your soul mate to you, when the timing of the Universe is right. I don’t believe anything is random, I believe the Universe is unquestionably and unfathomably intelligent enough to have everything to not be a coincidence. Actually, to say the Universe is intelligent is an insult - God invented intelligence and we get but a trickle of it. There is nothing to do but surrender and enjoy the wait.

I digressed there because I am single. But I am genuinely interested to hear about your experience with Tantra in a loving relationship.
I would not have guessed that you are single by your posts, you seem to be in love with the universe, like a person in love with someone! :)

First here is my chart:

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

I would not have guessed that you are single by your posts, you seem to be in love with the universe, like a person in love with someone! :)

First here is my chart:

View attachment 101891

Haha yeah, I’m just a hippy at heart. It has its plusses and minuses. 🥰 😭 still don’t mind the odd argument though. 🔪 🔪

If someone is too positive or ‘too good to be true,’ like never admits faults about themselves or anything, then they are in denial of their own shadow! 😬

“The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.”
Elizabeth Taylor

8D310246-9314-4E38-8AC0-4C6080F99231.jpeg

ScorpioMaria

Life has no meaning for me, except through Tantric sex.
Tantric sex is a matter of survival: of the body, the mind, the soul, the relationship, the affections, meaning itself, everything.

I still have strong feelings. I feel so vulnerable, so afraid to be alone, I am totally unaccustomed to being alone.
If he ever dies it will be the end of me.
Intense love is beautiful, but it is a weakness.
I hope that conscious practice will elevate my love to a higher, stronger form that can survive alone if necessary.
Hopefully I can learn to be mindful and strong like you. :geek:

Last edited:

ScorpioMaria

ScorpioMaria, any belief in an afterlife? If so, one can go on ahead into a higher realm, and wait for rejoining with the other when the time is right.
Yes I hope so, I've spent my whole adult life trying to prepare for this ;)

We'll see if we survive the late 2030s: Pluto in Aquarius square our Scorpio stellium (Sun-Mars-Pluto)

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

@ScorpioMaria wow, if your life together with your partner is not descriptive of a soul mate connection then I do not know what is 😳

I can imagine that you do fear to be alone or losing your partner, especially after having already been together for so long and experienced so much together.

Other couples will be able to empathise with your feel of losing each other but most of them will be in the latter half of their life - you are very young to have experienced so much already about partnership.

How did you come to learn and understand Tantra, did it just come from an instinctive place? It’s lovely what you said about it being a matter of survival, that’s profound.

Last edited:

ScorpioMaria

I don't remember how Tantra came into my head at the time! :unsure:

Probably I heard it from pop culture and randomly recalled it at an important moment

Sex was becoming predictable, a daily bodily function.
The love and passion was there, but we could not imagine doing mostly the same thing every day for the rest of our lives.
Everyone else was dating, clubbing, enjoying and experiencing life, and we were already going on middle age; was this it for us?

Around the time we turned 19, months after my stepfather (his father) died and we were all alone, we began researching Tantra on the Internet,
and we began trying to put it into practice.

At first we thought it was New Age woo-woo, but Tantra successfully changed our entire conception of what sex is.

Tantric sex became first like a daily massage for the body and soul, not focused on pleasure, but on love and union with pleasure coming naturally.
Soon, prolonging pleasure became easier and more natural, even if we did the same thing every day.
I never did yoga or meditation, but Tantra became our daily meditation, our daily communion and stimulation of the chakras.

And coming down was beautiful, like awakening from a very long, vivid, satisfying dream that we experienced together;
similar to the scene from Inception where Leonardo DiCaprio and Marion Cotillard awake from their long dream together.
(only without the psychotic break from reality that followed)

Eventually we started having out-of-body experiences, losing track of time and space, crying, shaking uncontrollably.
WITHOUT spending extra time or physical effort
How could this even be possible with someone so predictable, someone I know so well?!
Tantric sex awakened forces within us that we did not know existed.
But yes, you need a very deep, patient, understanding, open-minded partner, improvement is gradual

No drugs, no psychosis, no hypnosis, only a purposeful shift in meaning and consciousness;
No accessories of any kind, only what God gave us when He made us;
Just body and mind and soul and consciousness
Timeless, ancient ;)

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

@ScorpioMaria thank you for sharing that. It sounds like you have a very loving and soulful connection, which beats the endless dating culture and partying your peers would have been doing.

Where did you get the references or information from about where to start?

There are a lot of videos about it on YouTube but I haven’t been drawn to any yet apart from one channel where the girl is a similar age and more relatable. Most of her videos are quite explicit but I’ll share a video below that won’t break any forum rules.

I’m going to be looking into to taking up yoga everyday and using YouTube for that as well. I’ve discovered recently that it is very important to live and appreciate your body as if it were its own entity or a friend that needing reminding it was loved and appreciated. That’s a concept similar to tantric sex but again it is about self-love.

Maybe, given your fears about losing your soulmate and being alone, taking the time to love yourself and your body will be useful for you to expel those fears. Even in a loving relationship, taking the time for self-love should still be important.

ScorpioMaria

@ScorpioMaria thank you for sharing that. It sounds like you have a very loving and soulful connection, which beats the endless dating culture and partying your peers would have been doing.

Where did you get the references or information from about where to start?

There are a lot of videos about it on YouTube but I haven’t been drawn to any yet apart from one channel where the girl is a similar age and more relatable. Most of her videos are quite explicit but I’ll share a video below that won’t break any forum rules.

I’m going to be looking into to taking up yoga everyday and using YouTube for that as well. I’ve discovered recently that it is very important to live and appreciate your body as if it were its own entity or a friend that needing reminding it was loved and appreciated. That’s a concept similar to tantric sex but again it is about self-love.

Maybe, given your fears about losing your soulmate and being alone, taking the time to love yourself and your body will be useful for you to expel those fears. Even in a loving relationship, taking the time for self-love should still be important.

Thank you for that beautiful video, I will watch her videos :geek:

Some of the people I followed at the time (more than 10 years ago) were Kim Anami and Eyal Matsliah
I remember searching for everything I could about Kim Anami at the time
They are still around, I have not followed them for years though (2011-16 was the peak, as I recall)
The 2010s were a golden age of travel, sex, health, fitness, wellness, pop spirituality (Eat Pray Love) before the covidian tyrants destroyed it
I was searching for a lot of videos about v****al massage, healing, bodywork, 'de-armoring'
I remember that websites such as Yourtango had many informative articles at the time, and there were many others
(Edit: I found an old document of mine with a list of 30 Tantric sex consulting websites with some free articles from the time, circa 2011-16)

And I would go to the foreign magazine store and buy Women's Health (the American and foreign versions)
Even Cosmopolitan (American and foreign) had some hidden wisdom, maybe the idea originated there; even Bravo and Seventeen had some morsels
Around 2017, the publishing companies went into "resistance mode" and started being more political
By 2020, there was very little new content about sex/health/wellness/fitness
Luckily, I gathered and remembered as much as information as I could in that period, 2010-19
You summarised some of it in your thread; you triggered me (in a good way) to recall so many memories about that time

Both of our love languages are Physical Touch and Quality Time
So we learned a lot about intimate massage techniques before and during sex; the hands should not be idle
So much of Tantra involves physically moving energy from one chakra to another, throughout the whole body, a form of massage

And so much of Tantra also involves breath and sound (though I never started chanting mantras or saying invocations)
I had to have sex quietly for so many years
We kept our relationship a secret for so many years
We had to lie to our parents for so many years, to keep them at ease
But with Tantra I learned to breathe and find my voice and develop a rhythm

Last edited: