Sun in Libra weak?

After a little bit of research online, I've come across a few sites stating that a Sun in Libra is weak, and same applies for a Jupiter in Capricorn. How exactly does this work, as I have a Jupiter in Capricorn, and a Sun in Libra. My astrological chart is posted as my main pic. If anyone has any further information on the matter, it'd be greatly appreciated.

wilsontc

Staff member
fall, to Isis

Isis,

I think this refers to "fall", which is a condition in which planetary energy is very challenged in its expression. Libra (relationships) modifying Sun (self-expression) is Sun in its fall because, although the Sun wants express itself the way it is, Libra's concern about how this all appears to others causes the person to "hold back" Sun energy.

Capricorn (duty, also restriction) modifying Jupiter (expansion) is Jupiter in its fall because, although Jupiter wants to expand, Capricorn restricts this expansion and "holds back" Jupiter energy.

Having both these planets in fall is OK, however it DOES indicate you may have to work harder at expressing Sun and Jupiter energies in your life.

Self-expressively expansive,

Tim

Generally, how much weaker would my Sun and Jupiter be, if my Sun is in conjunction with Mercury and Pluto, and Jupiter is in conjunction with Mars and Neptune?

wilsontc

Staff member
Addition, to Isis

Isis,

In astrology, energy is ADDED together. So the very challenging energy of your planets (as discussed) is added into the rest of the energy from the other planets in the chart. Nothing "eliminates" anything else. So your challenging energy is added to Mercury, Pluto, Mars, and Neptune energy. However, combined energy (conjunctions) do not work by themselves, so the challenging energy is combined and blended with the energy it is conjunct to.

Conjunctively,

Tim

I assume this also applies to a Sun in Libra conjunction with Pluto and Mercury in Scorpio? I was born on October 19th, a cusp. I'm a newbie to Astrology, but I appreciate the information.

wilsontc

Staff member
yes, to Isis

Isis,

Yes, this "adding" is a general rule in astrology. No aspect "cancels" out another aspect, and no planet "cancels" out another planet. They all work together. But it IS possible to have one type of energy repeated over and over again. This repetition makes this energy stronger in the chart.

Repeating, ;)

Tim

Claire19

With debilities and dignities I think we take them too literally. The Sun in Libra can be strong especially if connected to Pluto for instance. If it is in good aspect to the ascendant it can mean a good constitution for instance. There can be weakness with the kidney function sure if indulging in too much sugar and the pancreas.....Jupiter in Capricorn again can be strengthened by connection to other planets. Jupiter in challenging aspect to any other planet simply means over indulging, over doing and exaggerating, making false promises, being a little too optimistic and taking too much for granted.

We must always look at all the aspects and placements connected when making any kind of analysis.

Claire

I can see that as well. Sun in Aquarius is said to be in its detriment because of the group think of Aquarius in an area (Sun) should be about promoting the ego. Instead of thinking something cancels another thing--one aspect would modify another aspect or placement. Even though my Sun is in Aquarius (I really am not overly concerned about a lot of ego-centered things). But I have Merc & Venus in Aquarius, and Uranus in 9th house (in Leo) nr. MC so I think that would give some pizzazz to an Aquarius Sun nr IC.
As I said, the ego thing isn't a big deal----I really don't care if others don't see me as fabulous, hot, or any other category one can place a human in. With a 3 house Mercury in Aquarius I do want to be validated for my thoughts and opinions. My Venus is totally weird--also in 3 house, but retrograde. Never really got a good interpretation on that one.

Claire19

Hi there
As an Aquarian you would be against stereotyping and with Mercury and Venus there in 3rd, your thinking processes are that way. You may have unusual or unconventional ideas about love. Of course the interest in astrology comes from those placements too. Opposition of Uranus in Le means you would need freedom in any relationship and I would say that you have had some sudden shocks or surprises in that area. i.e. shortlived infatuations, with your own sex perhaps or with a person seen as eccentric, weird and out there or just unreliable.

Claire