sun conjunct pluto and suicide

tee_jay66

Reading Sue Tomkins book on aspects, she refers a few times to the likelihood of person with sun conjunct pluto to think about or attempt suicide.

Because I have never fathomed out pluto properly, this disturbs me because below is my sons chart. Sun and ascendant in scorpio, sun in 12th and sun conjunct pluto.

I have never really got to know him, he is extremely private and secretive. We do have a hard relationship where there are power struggles constantly. I do think he is complex and he isint as confident as he makes out. I know he is fearful to join the working nation and I dont think he has a strong sense of identity. (sun square saturn) yes his father was absent through his growing up

Ive got it into my head now that he may think about or attempt suicide after reading sue tomkins.He also has ruler of 8th in the 1st which Ive also read is an asertion of suicide. Im familiar with the negative side of pluto, the manipulation, power struggles and needing to constantly transform the self..........but Im not too sure of anything pleasant or sweet in his chart.

Im so anxious and upset about this discovery I can barely breathe with fear.

can anyone with similar pluto conjunct sun add their experiences or feelings and anyone care to view his chart and ease my worries? Please dont reply if you see a definate yes, he will kill himself, because I wont be able to live with knowing that.

hvyvxz.gif

Last edited:

BobZemco

Reading Sue Tomkins book on aspects, she refers a few times to the likelihood of person with sun conjunct pluto to think about or attempt suicide.

Maybe you should throw that book in the trash. It's garbage astrology and she's clueless.

But don't take my word for it. Ask Mick Jagger. Oh, wait a minute, he didn't commit suicide. Then ask Donald Rumsfeld. Oh, he didn't commit suicide either. So ask Arnold Schwarzenaegger. Never mind, he's still alive too. Bill Cosby? Nope, he didn't commit suicide either.

Remember Diana Milford? She died when she was 93, and not by suicide and if anyone had a reason to commit suicide, it would have been her (seeing how she was imprisoned an all).

I don't know how long you've been practicing astrology, but you're into a very bad habit. There's a right way, and a wrong way to delineate charts, Planets and aspects, and "Astrology by Polling" and reading maggot-worm books without even understanding the most basic concepts and underlying principles of astrology isn't it.

And it's unfounded.

Claire19

No one aspect will predict suicide. Sun conjunct Pluto in the 12th does make for a private person. He may well develop his psychic powers and this can lead to having great healing and rehabiliative powers but must watch wanting to escape into another world with drugs and other mind altering substances. I would watch for that. The 12th house sun can mean a father that was absent, ill, an addict or institutionalised. The real father may also be in question......

I would never address death especially on here, it is totally immoral and not what a true astrologer would do. No one can say for certain what is in the future and even with transits and trends. The level of soul development and other elements such as environment, the karmic destiny will determine what will happen.

Last edited:

tee_jay66

Maybe you should throw that book in the trash. It's garbage astrology and she's clueless.

But don't take my word for it. Ask Mick Jagger. Oh, wait a minute, he didn't commit suicide. Then ask Donald Rumsfeld. Oh, he didn't commit suicide either. So ask Arnold Schwarzenaegger. Never mind, he's still alive too. Bill Cosby? Nope, he didn't commit suicide either.

Remember Diana Milford? She died when she was 93, and not by suicide and if anyone had a reason to commit suicide, it would have been her (seeing how she was imprisoned an all).

I don't know how long you've been practicing astrology, but you're into a very bad habit. There's a right way, and a wrong way to delineate charts, Planets and aspects, and "Astrology by Polling" and reading maggot-worm books without even understanding the most basic concepts and underlying principles of astrology isn't it.

And it's unfounded.

I dont think my fears are unfounded....and Im not an idiot.

Ruler of 8th in 1st is also a pointer to suicide alongside sun conjunct pluto, so Ive read.............what would you say on the matter?

In my chart the ruler of my 5th is in the 8th which is said could be death or loss of a child...............Im sorry if you think Im being stupid. Thats why I asked for something concrete from his chart to ease my concern.

Little_God

I have Sun conjunct Pluto, and if I had committed suicide I would not have been here to write this! Sure, I have had difficult times in my life, but I have never considered committing suicide. I realise that it's never the solution to any problem.

I wouldn't worry too much about your son doing it, though if he does seem depressed he should get help. You could even gently raise the topic of suicide with him to get the ball rolling, e.g. by talking about people who have done it, and then you could mention about how it's never the solution to any problem, so that anyone who's considering doing it needs help.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

dr. farr

(Following may contain some statements/concepts which might not be accepted in either conventional Modernist or in conventional Traditionalist natal delineation approaches)

Hi!
Like the ancients, I exclusively use whole sign house format (for the past 13 years after a previous use of Placidus for 35 years) and I believe from my experiences that this format is more accurate than any of the quadrant systems invented over the past 1400 years in the West (Vedic astrology still uses Equal House, which is related somewhat to whole sign)

-in your son's whole sign chart, neither Pluto nor the Sun are in the 12th house; they are in his 1st house

-in the aspectual orb tradition I follow, Sun has a maximum conjunctional orb of 6 degrees; therefore for me the Sun and Pluto are not in conjunction (they are seperated by 7 degrees)

-following Greco/Roman authors (eg Valens, Antiochus) the 1st trigonal lord of the 8th house is the "posiible fatality indicator" planet: in this diurnal chart that planet is Saturn:
a) Saturn is posited in its rulership
b) Saturn is posited in the 4th whole sign house of the chart, ie, it is angular
These considerations make Saturn strong: a strong planet (according to the ancients) favors its beneficial qualities (Saturn as a benefic favors long life), only when weak and debilitated ("sickly") are its malefic, disruptive and disturbing potentials emphasized
c) the ruler of the 8th whole sign house is Mercury: thus Mercury can also be considered relative to 8th house matters (like death potential): Mercury is within orb of applying sextile to Saturn; this is a benefic aspectual relationship; furthermore Mercury posits a bright degree of Sagittarius (not a dark degree, not a pit, not a void degree)

-Mercury, ruler of his 8th whole sign house, is NOT in the 1st house of this chart, but posits the 2nd whole sign house

-the Sun has just left its detriment in the Fiery Road, ie, it is seperating (here by 11 minutes) from the debility of the Via Combusta (15 Libra to 15 Scorpio); every planet when freeing from debilitation, is initially (in the first few degrees of being freed) strengthened in its power and influence; furthermore the Sun is posited in a bright degree of Scorpio, adding to its life-sustaining qualities and influences

-Pluto has little power to influence, either way, in this chart: because Plutonic influences are blocked, walled in so to speak, due to Pluto being in a pitted degree of Scorpio (see my "Elevated & Pitted Degrees" thread in the dignities and debilities section of the Natal astrology Forum)

-his ascending degree is also a bright degree of Scorpio

-his ascending degree is connected with the 1st magnitude star Agena, one of the most benefic stellar influences in the heavens (almost a rival to Spica and Arcturus); true, his Sun is conjunct a disruptive star, Zubenelgenubi (the South Scale), but the ascendant degree connection with Agena balances that out, indeed, over-balances it toward an ultimately favorable trend; Saturn in this chart is also connected with a benefic star, Albali (see, for example, the internet site constellationsofwords.com for a more complete elaboration of these stellar connections)

The above is only a very brief evaluation of possible "life vs death" potentials in your son's natal chart; for me, at least, there is not even a remote indication of suicide or early death in his natal chart.

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

I dont think it necessarily means suicide.... I have Mercury conjunct Pluto here, and there are alot of different interpretations of it, both good AND bad. I also heard that many surgeons commit suicide, or statistically at least. And surgery is indicated by a strong pluto in the chart. So yes, Pluto can be related to death. But it can also mean transformation in other ways, getting to the bottom of things, deep dark secrets etc. The 8th house/Pluto is also related to sex which is "the little death". Many ways of "dying" you know:) Strong energy and transformation that may destroy all old habits...

The pluto energy can be so strong, that if you cannot utilize it correctly you may be overwhelmed and it might come to the surface as some kind of psychiatric disorder. Obsessions is also a keyword to pluto influence. If used wisely, channeling energy in the right direction for some kind of goal Pluto can help you get "superpowers" in order to achieve what you want in life:)

tee_jay66

(Following may contain some statements/concepts which might not be accepted in either conventional Modernist or in conventional Traditionalist natal delineation approaches)

Hi!
Like the ancients, I exclusively use whole sign house format (for the past 13 years after a previous use of Placidus for 35 years) and I believe from my experiences that this format is more accurate than any of the quadrant systems invented over the past 1400 years in the West (Vedic astrology still uses Equal House, which is related somewhat to whole sign)

-in your son's whole sign chart, neither Pluto nor the Sun are in the 12th house; they are in his 1st house

-in the aspectual orb tradition I follow, Sun has a maximum conjunctional orb of 6 degrees; therefore for me the Sun and Pluto are not in conjunction (they are seperated by 7 degrees)

-following Greco/Roman authors (eg Valens, Antiochus) the 1st trigonal lord of the 8th house is the "posiible fatality indicator" planet: in this diurnal chart that planet is Saturn:
a) Saturn is posited in its rulership
b) Saturn is posited in the 4th whole sign house of the chart, ie, it is angular
These considerations make Saturn strong: a strong planet (according to the ancients) favors its beneficial qualities (Saturn as a benefic favors long life), only when weak and debilitated ("sickly") are its malefic, disruptive and disturbing potentials emphasized
c) the ruler of the 8th whole sign house is Mercury: thus Mercury can also be considered relative to 8th house matters (like death potential): Mercury is within orb of applying sextile to Saturn; this is a benefic aspectual relationship; furthermore Mercury posits a bright degree of Sagittarius (not a dark degree, not a pit, not a void degree)

-Mercury, ruler of his 8th whole sign house, is NOT in the 1st house of this chart, but posits the 2nd whole sign house

-the Sun has just left its detriment in the Fiery Road, ie, it is seperating (here by 11 minutes) from the debility of the Via Combusta (15 Libra to 15 Scorpio); every planet when freeing from debilitation, is initially (in the first few degrees of being freed) strengthened in its power and influence; furthermore the Sun is posited in a bright degree of Scorpio, adding to its life-sustaining qualities and influences

-Pluto has little power to influence, either way, in this chart: because Plutonic influences are blocked, walled in so to speak, due to Pluto being in a pitted degree of Scorpio (see my "Elevated & Pitted Degrees" thread in the dignities and debilities section of the Natal astrology Forum)

-his ascending degree is also a bright degree of Scorpio

-his ascending degree is connected with the 1st magnitude star Agena, one of the most benefic stellar influences in the heavens (almost a rival to Spica and Arcturus); true, his Sun is conjunct a disruptive star, Zubenelgenubi (the South Scale), but the ascendant degree connection with Agena balances that out, indeed, over-balances it toward an ultimately favorable trend; Saturn in this chart is also connected with a benefic star, Albali (see, for example, the internet site constellationsofwords.com for a more complete elaboration of these stellar connections)

The above is only a very brief evaluation of possible "life vs death" potentials in your son's natal chart; for me, at least, there is not even a remote indication of suicide or early death in his natal chart.

Hi dr. Farr

Am I glad to see you. Ive printed out your reply and am going to study it in depth. Im always happy to see your replies as you help people so much.

Yes I did worry over certain aspects and rulerships and didnt even think of looking at whole signs.

I have been tearful over this because he is going through some dark situations that he dosent let me in to help with and I put two and three together and ended up with suicide staring at me. Yes I panicked!

I did have a discussion about it this morning...felt I had to...Yes he told me I was being completely ridiculous at the very notion

Thanks very much.....this answer has made me feel a lot better. Blessings

tee_jay66

And it's unfounded.

I just felt I had to say something. I felt this reply of yours was cold and callous and I dont think I deserved such ridicule from yourself.

Yes true, I may not have studied astrology for the length of time that you have and I sorry that you dont approve of Sue Tomkins.

But I think you had no right to judge me for my so called inadequacy in 'basic principles'.......which I thought I had until you replied. There's nothing to be gained from trying to sound superior.

Lost_spirit

Hello!I wouldn't worry about it too much.I know some people with hard aspects between Sun and Pluto,one of them is a good friend and she has the Sun conjunct Pluto.The people I know with this have a very prominent personality and are generally very strong.They have dealed with situations I wouldn't be able to handle staying alive.If this helps,I have considered suicide many times in the past and I don't have any aspect between Sun and Pluto.

iwonder

I have Sun conjunct Mars and Pluto in the 8th house. I ponder about death and the other side sometimes, especially after it touched my close family. Well, I'd just say these thoughts are not terrifying.

But no, there is no way I would attempt to kill myself. I think this aspect is actually very pro-life. Maybe it does draw situations that are difficult, but it gives strength to overcome them (and yes - no outside help required).

tee_jay66

Hello!I wouldn't worry about it too much.I know some people with hard aspects between Sun and Pluto,one of them is a good friend and she has the Sun conjunct Pluto.The people I know with this have a very prominent personality and are generally very strong.They have dealed with situations I wouldn't be able to handle staying alive.If this helps,I have considered suicide many times in the past and I don't have any aspect between Sun and Pluto.

Hi lost_spirit
thanks for replying. Yes I agree with you. My son is very strong, but I thought it may have been an act. He is stronger than me and I almost feel sometimes that he has been sent to look after me in a sense. His willpower is incredible :)

tee_jay66

I have Sun conjunct Mars and Pluto in the 8th house. I ponder about death and the other side sometimes, especially after it touched my close family. Well, I'd just say these thoughts are not terrifying.

But no, there is no way I would attempt to kill myself. I think this aspect is actually very pro-life. Maybe it does draw situations that are difficult, but it gives strength to overcome them (and yes - no outside help required).

thanks for that positive reply it is encouraging. Can I ask what the sign is on cusp of your 8th house and placement of ruler? just interested :)

Alayna

Hi,
My Sun is conjunct Pluto and Mercury; Sun in 12th and Pluto in 1st house, at 1 degree exactly. Scorpio rising. Saturn in 1st house too. I have never even slightly considered suicide. Out of the question concept to me...I love my life, and I love myself--and even if I for some reason didn't, I would never consider it up to me to actively cause my own death (just as I would never consider it my place to take another person's life.) I have an all consuming passion for life, which most people who don't know me well would never guess. I am private to the point of obsession, and many people have suspected me of being very dark, and troubled. These people have been mistaken; not that I care to correct them. I don't really care what people think of me, take it or leave it...perhaps that is a Plutonian indifference you see in your son, and you misunderstand his sometimes apathetic nature for a lack of concern for life itself? Don't assume this is the case. I am deep, but I'm not troubled. Your son may very well be the same way. I don't believe the energies in our charts force us to do what we would consider terrible, or wonderful deeds. We are given free will; our existence and what we do with it is a choice. We decide how to interpret the energies. If you look at the chart of any tyrannical figure in history, you'll see that that person did not have to turn evil; you'll see power, and conviction in the chart, or other such characteristics; you may even see struggle...but you will never look at someone's chart and say, "Oh, this is who this person HAD to be." It is always a choice. I think you are making this too black and white; you can't look at things as if there is only one way, one interpretation; if that were the case, this world would be impossibly simple, and there would be no such thing as astrology at all, because there would be nothing to interpret. Everything would either be one way or the other way. Think about how many people have ruler of the 8th in the first, Pluto conjunct Sun, etc. If your suspicions were true, then there would be a lot more information out there, about how virtually EVERYONE with these circumstances in their natal chart jumps off a bridge.
Also, one other thing to consider, your son was born in Nov 1992...I am pretty awful at math, but I think that makes him 19. It's not so unusual for a 19 year old to come across as a little disturbing, or lacking in confidence. Have faith in your son, and believe in who you know him in your heart to be... If he tends to go deep (Pluto/Scorpio) then he needs to be a little different, especially while he is still young. Let him go through his unique processes, and have faith in the mystery that he is.

tee_jay66

Hi,
My Sun is conjunct Pluto and Mercury; Sun in 12th and Pluto in 1st house, at 1 degree exactly. Scorpio rising. Saturn in 1st house too. I have never even slightly considered suicide. Out of the question concept to me...I love my life, and I love myself--and even if I for some reason didn't, I would never consider it up to me to actively cause my own death (just as I would never consider it my place to take another person's life.) I have an all consuming passion for life, which most people who don't know me well would never guess. I am private to the point of obsession, and many people have suspected me of being very dark, and troubled. These people have been mistaken; not that I care to correct them. I don't really care what people think of me, take it or leave it...perhaps that is a Plutonian indifference you see in your son, and you misunderstand his sometimes apathetic nature for a lack of concern for life itself? Don't assume this is the case. I am deep, but I'm not troubled. Your son may very well be the same way. I don't believe the energies in our charts force us to do what we would consider terrible, or wonderful deeds. We are given free will; our existence and what we do with it is a choice. We decide how to interpret the energies. If you look at the chart of any tyrannical figure in history, you'll see that that person did not have to turn evil; you'll see power, and conviction in the chart, or other such characteristics; you may even see struggle...but you will never look at someone's chart and say, "Oh, this is who this person HAD to be." It is always a choice. I think you are making this too black and white; you can't look at things as if there is only one way, one interpretation; if that were the case, this world would be impossibly simple, and there would be no such thing as astrology at all, because there would be nothing to interpret. Everything would either be one way or the other way. Think about how many people have ruler of the 8th in the first, Pluto conjunct Sun, etc. If your suspicions were true, then there would be a lot more information out there, about how virtually EVERYONE with these circumstances in their natal chart jumps off a bridge.
Also, one other thing to consider, your son was born in Nov 1992...I am pretty awful at math, but I think that makes him 19. It's not so unusual for a 19 year old to come across as a little disturbing, or lacking in confidence. Have faith in your son, and believe in who you know him in your heart to be... If he tends to go deep (Pluto/Scorpio) then he needs to be a little different, especially while he is still young. Let him go through his unique processes, and have faith in the mystery that he is.

*Alayna*

thankyou for your interesting reply, shedding light in this area is much appreciated :)

queenfluff

I have Sun conjunct pluto and here i am! :lol:

Sun conjunct Pluto makes for an intense person that is for sure - I think it makes for a strong person. Pluto is about willpower! Volcanic for sure but that doesn't necessary mean self-destructive.

There is no way you can predict this sort of thing by aspect -or even a chart. I will say one thing though - at least for me, I think have aspects like this to Pluto make one a deep thinker and I think some people with this aspect might be more likely to think about the 'bigger' issues of life. I know I do - probably too much.

Having this in the 12th house (ruled by Pisces) may make for an introverted person. I have the Sun conjunct Pluto in my 10th and I tend to have some pretty weird theories on life. But having this doesn't mean I am going to kill myself - thinking about it and doing it are different. Pluto types might be more interest in death and things that go on in the afterlife - doesn't mean they are suidical. I love researching and thinking about these things - but doesn't mean I going to kill myself, you know. :)

I think if someone wants to really be dead than they should get to do what they want. Just like if I really wanted to be dead - probably no one would stop me because I would be all secretive and tricky about that but that doesn't mean I am likely to do it.

Told ya I had some weird theories :surprised:- but that is Pluto for you. I would throw that book away - all of the descriptions that you read about aspects are just generalization on personality - some can be on target - but those are "Predicting" things like suicide. Discard and ignore please.

serafin5

Dear tee jay66:

Never thought i'd see the day when i'd be defending Bob Z but here it has arrived!:) Honestly, he was really referring to books that make scary blanket statements about certain aspects and sign positions and have people such as yourself worrying needlessly. There is a lot of really good printed material out there but you cant base your conclusions on any of it. Natal charts, transits, S/R charts, Progressed, and free will; too many variables!

Bob is very intelligent and somewhat over zealous.

Im not proud of this but I HAVE tried to commit suicide (long time ago!) and I have no so-called suicide aspects in my chart.

Blessings to you and your son; my son is 16 yrs and is also going thru a tough time.

Serafin5:biggrin:

Claire19

Many who dont have Sun conjunct Pluto have suicided. Sun and Pluto indicate much more than death of self. It is a sexual aspect, can be very successful financially and can be a great healer or psychologist. So many scenarios. Depending on the aspects elsewhere and the person's karmic destiny. The whole chart always has to be taken into consideration always!!
I have the ruler of my 8th house in the 8th house and it has given me inheritance monies as well as an interest in metaphysical matters. It is not easy and I have plumbed the depths at times but I am still here in my sixties.

Actually the ruler of your 5th house in the 8th can mean that your child inherits from you. You have a deep spiritual connection,
so many things.

Remember that the 8th is so much more than just passing over. It is others assets, psychological crises which can make you stronger. It is secrets, sexual orgasm, taboo subjects and life and death issues such as insurance, funeral matters, estate matters etc. It is large corporations.

I have a stellium there and know what I am talking about. It is mediumship, reincarnation, recycling, rebirth, refurbishment and renovation....

Last edited:

elindress

Because I have never fathomed out pluto properly, this disturbs me because below is my sons chart. Sun and ascendant in scorpio, sun in 12th and sun conjunct pluto.

I have never really got to know him, he is extremely private and secretive. We do have a hard relationship where there are power struggles constantly. I do think he is complex and he isint as confident as he makes out. I know he is fearful to join the working nation and I dont think he has a strong sense of identity. (sun square saturn) yes his father was absent through his growing up

Ive got it into my head now that he may think about or attempt suicide after reading sue tomkins.He also has ruler of 8th in the 1st which Ive also read is an asertion of suicide. Im familiar with the negative side of pluto, the manipulation, power struggles and needing to constantly transform the self..........but Im not too sure of anything pleasant or sweet in his chart.

can anyone with similar pluto conjunct sun add their experiences or feelings and anyone care to view his chart and ease my worries? Please dont reply if you see a definate yes, he will kill himself, because I wont be able to live with knowing that.

Hello :D

I know few people with similar to your son's horoscope. I think that there is always a danger around Pluto, because he is the ruler of transformations, but a double Scorpio is strong enough to survive all the trasformations that are needed. I know 3 boys.

1) One boy born 1992 but I dont remember the date, had this conjunction in the 12th house and took a part as a clairvoyant in one TV show in my country. He was very quiet person. Too much water in a horoscope speaks of extra sensitivity (even if it is not literally clairvoyance).

2) One boy born 20 November 1992, also not very chatty like the first one. He wants to be a psychologist. His conjunction is in the 1st house. He said he was sad (with no apparent reason) and I offered to make him a horoscope. I think he liked it :happy: Here's an idea - why don't you try to give your son a horoscope if you haven't done this already?

He may not tell it to you because Scorpios don't like other people to analize them, but he will be grateful, I believe. Scorpios just don't like to admit when they are confused because they want to be the person "in control" of the situation. If they say they are confused, they'll definitely lose control and they just can't stand this (ONE girl Scorpio with Asc Cancer once told me "IN MY OPINION, EVERYTHING SHOULD BE UNDER CONTROL." Of course, I, an Aries with Moon in Aquarius, burst into laughter. Later she had forgotten what she told me and when I reminded her, she replied "I can't have said this. I am not so sincere!")

3)The third boy was from my class

Also, water signs always do the opposite of what they really want to do (they have a need to hide their motives). So, the more he doesn't speak to you, the more he actually needs it. The problem is fixed signs are obstinate and he won't admit it. Scorpios are afraid not to be weak. Don't force him to talk, because he is sure to do just the opposite.

One last thing. In my neighbourhood there was a little Scorpio. One day he got mad, he just stopped talking. I went to him and told him "Come, smile, I'm going to show you something mysterious." And it worked, he really smiled! I wonder if this works with the older Scorpios too?

This is my opinion ~Aries with Moon in Aqua and Asc Virgo. Not really a lot of water influence in my chart except Sun in the house of Scorpio. I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker =)

Last edited: