Subdivisions of the Signs

eternal wanderer

How important you think are the subdivisions of the signs?

For example my Sun is at 13 degrees Libra. This is in the second decanate which is Aquarian. If we go further, we find it is in the second quarter of the decanate which is Piscean. Thus: Libra/Aquarius/Pisces. How important you feel are these secondary and tertiary signs?

Secondly, my Moon is 129 degrees away from my Sun at 4 Gemini, thus Gemini/Gemini/Cancer. Does the correspondence of elements (air/air/water) add a better inegration to the wide trine?
If the Moon was at 6 Gemini, the trine would be closer, but the elements would be air/air/fire, thus less compatible.

So, it is better to have aspects with wider orbs but in same elements or closer orbs with incompatible elements?
I guess in the latter case, an aspect is stronger, but in the former it flows more fluently. This might be more evident in hard aspects. Does it make sense to you?

Thanks

Moog

I tend to agree with Munch. You can look at them, but they are a minor consideration as far as I am concerned. I'm also very lazy, and want to get to the meat of things without going to great lengths.

Why don't you try them for a while and see if they add much to your work? We're all different :sideways:

How important you think are the subdivisions of the signs? [probably more so for Trad astrologers rather than moderns like myself. Don't sweat the small stuff, there is bigger things to worry about]

For example my Sun is at 13 degrees Libra. This is in the second decanate which is Aquarian. If we go further, we find it is in the second quarter of the decanate which is Piscean. Thus: Libra/Aquarius/Pisces. How important you feel are these secondary and tertiary signs? [orb can be quite contentious things on here depending on who you are talking to]

Secondly, my Moon is 129 degrees away from my Sun at 4 Gemini, thus Gemini/Gemini/Cancer. Does the correspondence of elements (air/air/water) add a better inegration to the wide trine?
If the Moon was at 6 Gemini, the trine would be closer, but the elements would be air/air/fire, thus less compatible.

So, it is better to have aspects with wider orbs but in same elements or closer orbs with incompatible elements?
I guess in the latter case, an aspect is stronger, but in the former it flows more fluently. This might be more evident in hard aspects. Does it make sense to you?

Thanks
The tighter the orb the stronger the aspect will be felt..

please remember we are ALL visual people and need to SEE charts rather than data..